• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will World stories be handled in III?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbG33K

One of the things I most love about the first Kingdom Hearts, and most hate about Kingdom Hearts II is how the stories of each Disney world is handled. In Kingdom Hearts, the Disney worlds' stories were altered from the original movies'. It felt as if they were Kingdom Hearts-specific stories, simply populated by Disney characters and locales. Elements such as Disney princesses having their very KH-original purpose, and those scenes where the main Disney villains gather and discuss the Keyblade wielder, and their powers having origin from the darkness (ie Heartless) really sticking out in my mind. These make the game SO interesting and truly draw in the player.

Enter Kingdom Hearts II, where it's just Sora visiting a world and he drops into the story of that world's movie (and often during the second trip it's the sequel movie's story) simply with a few Heartless or Nobodies thrown in. This, to me, is so boring! And honestly lazy. For that reason, I just don't enjoy playing through most of the first ~60% of KH2.

I feel like DDD did a decent job handling stories a bit more toward the golden days of the original KH, albeit not quite as well.

So, what do you guys think? Will the Disney worlds feel unique to KH, like in the first game, or will most of them just be rehashes of the movies' stories, like in KH2? Which way did you prefer of those games?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Definitely will be better than in KH2, it was confirmed in an interview that they want to really implement the Disney Worlds more into the story.
Also, with Big Hero 6 getting it's own plot which plays after the movie, I can only guess how awesome it'll be.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I have hope. I was already really pleased by 0.2's ending, which made one absolutely regular Disney world actually important for the main story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back