• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How to beat Re: Chain of Memories (Sora's Story)Battles,Cards, and all!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoughtXIII

Come here to find out how to beat completely Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories Sora's Story!!!!
For now, I'll only be explaining how to defeat the little baddies, the big baddies, and the cloaked baddies! Then I'll explain how to get the full 100% Card Collection and get Jiminy's highest rank for Card Collector! I might explain the sleights, but they're not as important as the baddies and the cards!

NoughtXIII

NEW POST:
btw ill double post sometimes in order to get info down. i might even multi-post by accident. so, bear with me plz. im new and trying my best. THANK YOU FOR USING MY THREAD!!!!!!!

Card System (Tutorial):
OK, so lalala the whole big musical intro of that real awesome song sung by my personally favorite Jap-singer Utada Hikaru. Next will be the whole big CoM old beginning scene where hooded Marluxia creeps the heck out of Sora. Now comes the 3-D CoM scene!!!! Sora and co. enter Castle Oblivion and you need to endure the whole scene with the three and Marluxia on the first floor and receiving the card to the next world. Sora will hold the card to the door and he will got through it.
Next is shocking. Sora finds himself in Traverse Town and this is where you learn the very unique battle system. follow along with me, ok?
EPSIODE ONE: Battle Ready
Alright, so he tells you the cards are they way of the castle, blah,blah,blah and a Donald Friend Card appears. He tells you to pick it up. If I were you, i'd do what he says. Then, you need to use the card.
Here's the rub about these types of cards:
Friend Cards allow assistance of one friend to commence a special attack designed for the friend. Each friend consists their own special attack that reacts when Sora summons their card. Friend cards can be used in sleights alike KH2's Limit. The Donald Card casts Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Cure two times randomly. Goofy Card spins around Sora knocking enemies from him and even depleting their HP.
After that, he tells you to start using them Battle Cards.
Battle Cards are basically the way you attack the opponent. There are three different categories of Battle Cards: Attack Cards, Magic Cards, and Item Cards. Attack Cards cause physical damage to the enemy. They will use cards created from the Keyblade and its many forms. Magic Cards cause mystical damage and normally are the spells you'd cast in KH1. These cards are a bit more difficult to use because you need to depict which enemy to cast them on. For example, you couldn't cast a Blizzard card on a Blue Rhapsody. There would be no affect. Item cards dont really cause damage. They, however, count for Battle Cards because they revive the Battle Cards you've used up without having to reload your entire deck. Some cards revive the reloadable ones, others revive the unreloadable ones as well. And others will also reset the Reload Counter. Using this Card System isn't easy. It's all a matter of shuffling through the deck to use the right cards. Fortunately, Sora's Story is allowed to take out and replace cards in the deck, so you can switch out the cards you know you wont need. One more thing! All of the cards are numbered with a certain criteria. This criteria is very vital!!!!! its numbered from 0-9. Paying attention to the criteria will make you a very skilled card user.
Next is learning about Enemy Cards and its separate category.
Enemy Cards are like Technique Cards. Each opponent you go up against will have a special card they use that guarantees an advantage to an extent. Of course, you can obtain this advantage at the end of the battle or whenever you'd like. Battle Bosses drop their Boss Cards at the end of the battle. The only ones that don't at first are Axel, Larxene, Vexen, and Riku. You need to beat them several times until you acquire their Boss Cards. Other Enemy Cards like the Shadow and NeoShadow drop theirs anytime in the game in certain rooms or conditions. I still haven't cracked the conditions yet, BUT I WILL!!!!!!!!!!
After all of that, a scene turns up and after it, you must now master the art of room synthesis! YAY!
OK, so. Here is how room synthesis goes. Each room is depicted by a certain criteria similar to that of the Battle Cards. 0 Map Cards meet every criteria unless its a number with the =, then you must meet its criteria no matter what. If the criteria has a /\ then you are allowed to choose a criteria higher than the number given. If the criteria has a \/ then you can only choose a criteria lower than the number. You can use cards that not only meet the criteria but the color-coat entirely. The Random Joker card is this card. I don't know if you'll have a hard time acquiring this card, but for me I got it almost all the time. Some games are just different. The cards are separated by the color-coats. Red Cards are rooms that consist all of Heartless. Green Cards are rooms that consist Heartless but allow you an upper hand in the battles. Blue Cards are normally rooms without Heartless in them, but rather are rooms where you can acquire a special card or obtain new cards, or even a card where you can save your progress. Gold Cards are either Event Rooms where the world's story unfolds or is the all famous Key to Rewards room where you get to get special cards, sleights, and extra game bonuses! Each world is unique with its own boxed rooms that you can synthesize to be whatever you want!
Here's a list of Map Card Rooms that are available for Sora's Story. Do not think all of these rooms will also be available for Riku's Reverse/Rebirth:
1. Tranquil Darkness- A room where few Heartless appear.
2. Teeming Darkness- A room where numerous Heartless appear. (More Enemy Cards)
3. Sleeping Darkness- A room where Heartless sleep and are easy to ambush.
4. Looming Darkness- A room where Heartless relentlessly hunt you down. (More Enemy Cards)
5. Feeble Darkness- A room where Heartless with weak cards appear.
6. Almighty Darkness- A room where Heartless with stronger cards appear. (More Enemy Cards)
7. Bottomless Darkness- A pitch black room where only Shadows Heartless appear. Good training!!!
8. Black Room- A room where Black Fungi Heartless appear.
9. White Room- A room where White Mushroom Heartless appear.
10. Premium Room- A room where Premium Bonuses are more common.
11. Roulette Room- A room where Roulette Bonuses are more common.
12. Martial Waking- A room where Attack Cards are higher than usual.
13. Sorcerous Waking- A room where Magic Cards are higher than usual.
14. Alchemic Waking- A room where Item Cards are higher than usual.
15. Lasting Daze- A room where striking first on the field deals heavy damage to all opponents.
16. Stuning Daze- A room where striking first on the field stuns all enemies on the battlefield.
17. Stagnant Space- A room where all Heartless move slowly.
18. Calm Bounty- A room where you can receive a treasure chest prize in tranquility.
19. False Bounty- A room where one chest holds the true prize...
20. Guarded Trove- A room where the treasure chest is surrounded by Heartless.
21. Moogle Room- A room with Moogles to trade and buy Battle Cards in tranquility.
22. Moment's Reprieve- A room where you can save your progress.
23. Mingling Worlds- A room where any other room can pop up that must meet the criteria.
24. Random Joker- A room that meet the criteria entirely and reveals any room listed above.
25. Key to Rewards- A room where secrets, extras, and bonuses are allowed access to.
26. Key to Beginnings- The first part of the world's story.
27. Key to Guidance- The second part of the world's story.
28. Key to Truth- The final part of the world's story.

Hope that helps for now. Up next will be Card 01: Traverse Town, Battle Boss: Axel, and possibly a look into one of the Card-Worlds!

Last edited:

NoughtXIII

Not done yet! Here's a walkthrough for Traverse Town, beating Axel, and a walkthrough of a world i elected to enter first on Sora's journey through Castle Oblivion!

Card 01: Traverse Town
Attack Card: Lionheart
Friends: Pluto
Summon: Simba
Battle Boss: Guard Armor

Key to Beginnings:
Sora, Donald, and Goofy reunite with Leon and Yuffie...but the two don't remember that they had ever met before! But it seems that they know the trio's names for some odd reason. Yuffie tells Leon to help Sora train a bit and meet up with her in the Small House. This where you learn the value of 0 cards and sleights!
0 cards are special cards that overrule any criteria of a Battle Card, though it is also the most vulnerable card in your deck. You may be able to use it to break an opponent's card, but the opponent can pull out another card to break it. This will leave you open for another attack. Time your card carefully and use it when you most need it. Sleights are like combos that use three cards in your deck. Certain special attacks can be performed with specific card combinations, like attacks that involve using Friend Cards, Summon Cards, or Magic Cards. But don't be fooled that opponents can't perform sleights, some of them can. Few Battle Bosses can perform different sleights that pack a punch! Luckily, you can use the 0 card to counter their sleights. I'd personally suggest you reserve the 0 cards for the opponent's sleights. Also, the first card in the sleight can't be used again, that is of course if you don't have the item card that revives the unreloadable cards.
Leon will tell you to meet up with him in the Small House.
Key to Guidance:
This is only a long conversation. I'll skip this part and move on the Key to Truth story where you fight in your first Boss Battle!
Key to Truth:
Sora, Donald, and Goofy enter the main Second District area in front of the bell tower of the Gizmo Shop. After talking to Cid, the infamous Guard Armor appears! He isn't as difficult, but still, he's tough.
Battle Boss: Guard Armor
One of Sora's very first bosses in KH, now also in Re CoM. You must first defeat the Heartless's various parts in order to get to the middle. Defeat his hands, his feet, and finally his torso. It shouldn't take long. Just keep running around. In this battle you'll also be introduced to the Gimmick Card. This card allows you a greater advantage an Enemy Card couldn't give you, a way to weaken the opponent. Usually you gain this card after successfully card-breaking the Battle Boss's card. The Gimmick for this battle is that the Heartless will fall to the ground in pieces. Hooray. You get a breather.
The prize for beating Guard Armor is a lot of Experience crystals and The Guard Armor Enemy Card!
Guard Armor: Extends range of Attack Cards.
After the conversation, you appear in the Conqueror's Respite room. This room is only available for defeating the world's Key to Truth event and is the second room that is already made for you to navigate- the first room you enter in the world is the Unknown Room. Climb up the ladder and save your progress. I'll say it again, SAVE YOUR PROGRESS!!!! Your next big thingie is fighting the gifted pyrokinetic Axel!

Castle Oblivion: Floor 1 Exit
After Sora and co. confront the Unknow dude (Marluxia duh), his little friend Axel comes up saying "No hogging the hero!" Marluxia hands Axel the next Card-Worlds and disappears in the corridor of darkness. Axel reveals himself and takes out his chakrams and ends the scene with "Don't you go off and die on me now."
Battle Boss: Axel
Gifted pyrokinetic- meaning he controls fire -and No. 8 in the all famous Organization XIII, he just seems to stand in Sora's path. But underneath, he's done more thinking than everyone put together.
He'll mostly pull out some attack cards and occasionally play with the magic cards. He has a few nasty sleights, but I didn't really have a problem. Axel jumps a lot and he's very quick. Be sure to keep a target lock on him so you can land a solid hit on him. You shouldn't have too much trouble with Axel. He'll get a bit tougher the next time you fight him, count on it.
The prize for beating Axel will be your first Magic Card: the Fire card! This card will come in handy!!!!
Watch the little cutscene and walk up to the next floor. Congrat! You've just finished your very first floor of Castle Oblivion!

Sorry, but I'm going to save the next world for my next info post. but i'll let you in on the sneak peak:
The Card-Worlds will be in this order:
1- Agrabah
2- Olympus Coliseum
3- Wonderland
4- Monstro
5- Halloween Town
be ready! they'll be posted up pretty soon! im doing 2 worlds at a time. Halloween Town will also have the battle with Larxene since i have no other world to come with it. i'll put down the next few worlds after Larxene.

Last edited:

NoughtXIII

be ready! they'll be posted up pretty soon! im doing 2 worlds at a time.
I told ya to be ready! The two worlds with the walktroughs for this post are gonna be Agrabah and Olympus Coliseum. The next post im making will be these worlds. Trust me, just because they're Disney doesn't mean they're easy. hey...that rhymed...

NoughtXIII

Card 02: Agrabah
Attack Card: Three Wishes
Friends: Aladdin
Summon: Genie
Battle Boss: Jafar-Genie

Episode One:
After the cutscene you'll engage in a Heartless battle. You should have the hang of it by now, so fortunately I won't have to go into depth. I'm not sure how many Heartless will show, but I know the basic Heartless. Expect some Bandits, Air Soldiers, Fat Bandits...you know the typical Arabian Heartless. After the battle, watch the scene and then you'll receive Key to Beginnings.

Key to Beginnings:
It's just a conversation. nothing more. I'm moving on.
Key of Guidance:
Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Aladdin walk into the Bazzar and see Jasmine in trouble. Aladdin totally wastes his second wish, but more Heartless come up. Now, Sora and co. must fend off these bunch of Heartless. After you do beat them, Jafar takes the lamp and Jasmine. Blah, blah, blah. Sora says very inspirational words, yada, yada. Aladdin hatches a plan to stop Jafar. You get Key to Truth
Key to Truth:
Watch the scene where Sora and company force Jafar to waste his second wish- PAYBACK!!!!!!! -and the royal geezer- im sorry vizier -wishes to become and I quote "AN ALL POWERFUL GENIE!" That's right, you don't fight just plain old Jafar! You fight his big, bad, and most certainly ugly Genie form!
Battle Boss: Jafar-Genie
Royal vizier of Agrabah who tried to use the power of the lamp to take over the world. When his plains went amiss, he used his final wish to become a powerful Genie.
I must say, he's is one of the big baddies. I had a difficult time fighting this- cheating -villain. The field has leveling platforms that can work to both advantages of Sora and Jafar. If you can work it out right, you'll be able to reach your central goal of the battle: to detroy the lamp that Jafar's pet parrot Iago is carrying across the field. While concentrating on getting to the lamp, you also have the genie to deal with who is impossible to inflict damage upon. He'll trap you in corners and beam you down. He'll have a few moves with lazer beaming, throwing a huge lava-rock, and basically hitting you. It's difficult to avoid these attacks, but you should manage. Remember: your goal is the lamp. Not the genie. Remember that, and you might have a chance of winning the battle.
The prize for beating Jafar-Genie will be the Jafar-Genie Enemy Card which comes in handy in later battles.
Jafar-Genie: Makes all Attack Cards unbreakable. The limit for this card is 30 Attack Cards.
After the cute little scene, you'll turn up in Conqueror's Respite. Save and exit the Second Floor Card-World.

Card 03: Olympus Coliseum
Attack Card: Olympia/Metal Chocobo
Friends: None
Summon: Cloud
Battle Boss: Hades

Epsiode One:
Sora and co. enter in through the Coliseum Gates and notice a board stating that an obstacle course designed to lead all winners to face the loveable hero Hercules is being held. They decide to join and run off to the prelim course. Then, Hades- Lord of the Underworld -has a conversation with the revived Cloud to take down Hercules. You then get the Key to Beginnings.

Key to Beginnings:
It's a dialogue. Moving on...
Key of Guidance:
Cloud has stopped and the trio take it as a challenge. When Cloud says he's expecting Hercules to show up in order to lose not only the match, Sora decides to set an example of this diabolical thought. He takes up the rule Phil said: that they could "Interfere with the opponent on the course." You fight Cloud!
Battle Unlocked: Cloud
From one of them ancient Final Fantasy games, Cloud had died. But now, he's back thanks to the infamous Lord of the Underworld, Hades. He has made a contract in order to regain his true memories forgotten when he was brought back from the dead.
He has some seriously deadly moves. He maneuvers well with that huge sword thing-a-ma-bob and charges at you with it! Though, he's not as tough as his KH1 counterpart. You could probably beat him the first time. Emphasis on the probably.
Sorry, no real prize!
After the scene, Sora and co. head to the finish line.
Key to Truth:
After the scene where Hades totally turns on Cloud, you have to fight the Lord of the Dead himself! He finishes the scene saying "There are no rules!"
Battle Boss: Hades
Lord of the Dead and looked down on by the gods on Mount Olympus. Sick of them, Hades hatched a scheme to take them out, but he Hercules is the one standing in his way.
He is very good with the cards. He also keeps the sleights going. Make sure to just keep moving and take a breather when he reloads his cards. You can use 0 cards to break his sleights and use some more cards to break his other dangerous attacks. The key to this battle is strategy and maneuver. If you can master this, you might just be able to beat him!
The prize for beating Hades is the Hades Enemy Card!
Hades: Boosts the power of Attack Cards.
After the scene, you'll end up in Conqueror's Respite. Save and leave the Third Floor Card-World.

next on How to beat Re: Chain of Memories...
It's Wonderland and Monstro! After that, you're in luck if you're stuck with Larxene cause after the Wonderland-Monstro post, its a post explaining how to complete Halloween Town and how to beat Larxene. And you'll get a sneak peak in the order of worlds that Larxene hands the trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back