• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you pronounce 'namine'?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiAngemon

And most people don't know how to make that "e" with the accent mark above it, like in her name "Naminé," or "Pokémon!" Let me spell it out for all of you, as you always ignore what I say and do!

The code is: "é = Alt+0233" GOT IT?

A

Audo

My french teacher said that in french you would pronounce it Na-mee-nay but in English you would pronounce it Na-men-ayd weird i dont really like pronunciation!

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
EdSquareCat said:
its nah-me-nay

I agree with you since the stress on the the "e" is short, sort of like in spanish (I take spanish) and this is how I would pronounce it.

fizban

though.... it may be na-meen-ah..........maybe
thats just what some of my freinds argue, i think it is probably just with the "A" sound at the end......... confusion XD

Salsa

Website
www.free-webspace.biz
I've played the Japanese version of the game and read the Katakana. It's "Nah" (with an "a" sound like the one in "father"), "Mee" (the "ee" like in "Easter"), "Nay" (like the "a" sound in "ate").

Also, to YoshiAngemon: it's not wrong for people to spell it Namine instead of Naminé. If you read the Japanese, it's just Namine; they added the é in the American version to help the kiddies figure out how to pronounce it. Though judging by this topic's existance, that didn't work. XD (And by the way, a shorter version of that ALT code is ALT+642 :3)

yado

I taste delicious
i know its wrong but i say na-mon-e cause its easier

K

Kamden

My twin sister and I pronounce it like nay-mee-nay, like almost everyone else. My other little sisters, however, pronoune it like Nay-MEE-nay.

_Omni_

.The Rebirth of GFX.
no no no. the accent makes it "na-meen. "say it with me, "na-meen. " i mean you can't really imagine Sora saying "na-mee-nay" Trust me on this.

Ixiterra

Oblivion Bringer said:
no no no. the accent makes it "na-meen. "say it with me, "na-meen. " i mean you can't really imagine Sora saying "na-mee-nay" Trust me on this.
It's nah-mee-nay. The accent is a French one, and as it is my second language, I can tell you it is a long "a" sound.

Kingdom_KID

Oblivion Bringer said:

That is how I first pronounced it, "Na-Meen", and still do. I know it isn't right though. My mom pronounced it "Na-Me-Nay".

New2Ya

I'm lost...
na-mi-né

Na-mi-nay

whoever thinks it na-mheen is a fool, cuz é mean pronouncing "ay"
ever learned french?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back