• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Hope and Hatred (a HP fanfic)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rikufool

Website
www.x-kellyizme-x.piczo.com
I started this fanfic before the sixth book came out so excuse the fact that it is set to the sixth year, please tell me what you think of the first chapter :D

Chapter 1: The letter

As he looked out of the window there was nothing but darkness, the moon had gone, the stars were covered by ominous clouds and the houses below were still and silent, little did they know of what was really happening in the world as they innocently dreamed things they were never to experience. The muggles, the most unaware of all people. But within this whole array of gloom was a boy, about sixteen and how boldly he stood out from the rest of the world, with his round black glasses, his ever thinning face from lack of nourishment, his overlarge hand-me-down clothes burying him where he stood, but behind this bleak view were the eyes of an angel, deep green, that showed the inner beauty of the boy, all shattered by the scar that plagued his forehead and his life.

He stared upon the nearest house roof as he could see no further it was too dark, he sighed as his breath blew out like smoke in the cold night air, he wished his faithful owl Hedwig would return soon for in the muggle world she was his only friend. But just as he was about to give up hope and once again return to bed, he saw a white silhouette against the dark night sky and saw that it was Hedwig. “Finally” he whispered so as not to wake his Aunt and Uncle, for although they feared Harry they still sent a cold chill down his spine. He smiled weakly at the sight of his owl soar over the house rooftops and through his window and landed softly on his bed, he sat by her and stroked her gently, he noticed that tied to her leg was a large letter, his heart leaping with joy, he hadn’t heard from his friends in ages. He opened the letter and read:

Hiya Harry,

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to write, I only just finished my homework, that essay Snape set us was so hard, I had to write to Hermione to get her to help, it took a while but she helped me in the end. Anyway how are you doing? I’m sure it can’t be too much fun with your Aunt and Uncle. Oh yeah and by the way guess who had to write to my dad for forgiveness and a chance to get him out of Azkaban. But then again if you did guess you’d probably be wrong, well anyway it was one of the deatheaters. It was a really funny letter too, something about him going crazy and he couldn’t take it anymore, that he was a new man and realised that what he did was wrong and if he could find it in his heart to help it would be well appreciated. Well anyway Harry, mum says if you want to, you can come here for the rest of the holidays, I’m sure your Aunt and Uncle wouldn’t mind.

Ron

Harry laughed at the deatheater’s attempt at freedom and was over joyed at the prospect of leaving the Dursley’s for the rest of the summer. He smiled and went to sleep.

~*~

The following morning Harry woke up and slowly went downstairs, blissfully unaware of his cousin’s sneering remarks, he walked over to his Uncle.

“Erm… I was wondering if it was okay if I go and stay with Ro…. one of my friends from my school for the rest of the summer that way you wouldn’t have to put up with me” He said choosing his words carefully.

“No” He said quickly and sharply. Harry’s heart sank

“But… why not?” He said sadly as he looked up into his uncle’s overlarge purple face.

“Ask your Aunt. She’ll tell you” he said looking triumphantly at Harry. So he did, he slowly walked over to his aunt and looked at her.

“Before you ask... its no” She said with a searing look.

“But why? I mean surely you don’t want me hanging around here all summer” he said compromisingly.

“It’s not me who wants you here anyway, it’s that blasted headmaster of yours he told me that the only time you are to leave this house is when you are due back to that school of freaks you go to” she said with a slight sarcastic tone to her voice.

Harry sighed deeply and walked back upstairs slowly, he slammed open his bedroom door and slumped into his bed, he banged the wall with his fist.

~*~

After an hour of thinking about what Aunt Petunia had said he decided to write to Dumbledore and request permission to go to Ron’s for the rest of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back