• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Hogwarts through another's eyes... {HP Fanfic}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for double-posting - but I had no choice 'cause no one replied o-o

Chapter 7: Slugs and Snails.

Chloe went inside and sat at a desk. Professor Slughorn, the potions master, surveyed them all.
“Interesting selection of students this year,” he commented, shuffling through his desk. He tapped the black board with his wand and instructions appeared, “Today we shall be making the Boil Cure potion. The instructions are on the blackboard. If you need any assistance, don’t fail to call.”
Slughorn moved around his desk and seated himself behind it. Chloe examined the black board and started adding ingredients. She added the Porcupine Quills and her potion turned leaf green, just like it should. Slughorn came over and inspected the solution.
“Hmm… very well done… you should join my ‘Slug Club’,” said Slughorn, “it’s for the elite students!”
“I don’t like joining clubs, Professor Slughorn,” said Chloe, “I find that things that separate me from other people aren’t worth it.”
She nodded courteously. Slughorn looked taken aback, “It’s a great opportunity, you know,” he said.
“I know, if you’ve finished, sir, I’d like to be able to finish my potion,” she said.
Louis lent forwards and tapped her on the back, Chloe looked around, “That was excellent,” he said in an astounded voice.
“Do you have anything you’d like to share with the class, Kashiwagi?” snapped Slughorn.
“Yes, actually, sir,” said Louis, “I was just saying how good Chloe’s retort was!”
Slughorn glared at him, “Sit down!” he said, angrily.
Louis sat, snickering and stirring his potion, carefully.
Having finished her potion, Chloe stood up and cleared away her stuff, leaving the class. As she was leaving Kale was just arriving. “Chloe!” he exclaimed, running over.
“Go away Kale…” she said.
“I didn’t MEAN to annoy you. I didn’t think before I said what I said…” stumbled Kale.”
“That’s the problem, Kale,” said Chloe, “you don’t think.”
Chloe started to walk but Kale grabbed her, “Look! I’m sorry!”
“Let go of me!” yelled Chloe trying to get her arm out of his grip.
“Not until you listen!”
“No!” said Chloe.
“Whatever,” said Kale, letting go and walking out of the dungeon and towards the entrance hall.
“Why won’t you forgive him?” asked Louis, walking next to Chloe.
“Because he was saying not all twins make up,”
“Oh,”
Suddenly a scream echoed through the dungeon. Everyone stopped walking and talking. Holly ran up to Chloe and Louis, “Who was that?” she exclaimed.
“I don’t know… c’mon!” exclaimed Chloe breaking into a run and zooming towards where the scream had come from. Chloe skittered to a halt in front of Kale, who was lying on the floor, shaking.
“Kale!” exclaimed Chloe, sitting on the floor next to him, “What happened?”
“Someone said something … and suddenly … I was in terrible pain. The pain stopped and I heard him say something else … something like ‘ava’ and then you came running around the corner and he stopped. I don’t know where he is now.”
Louis and Holly exchanged looks, Louis looked aghast, “Kale, are you … muggle-born?” he asked, quietly.
“Yes,” said Kale, sitting up a bit.
Holly looked at Louis, “I’ll see if I can find that guy,” she said, “Louis, you should go to the hospital wing and fetch Madam Pomfrey…”
“No way, Holly!” exclaimed Louis, “That guy was about to perform the killing curse on Kale! Don’t go looking for him,” Louis turned to Chloe, “and you’d be better off not going anywhere alone. Same goes for you, Kale, there’s no shield or counter curse for the three unforgivable curses.”
“What are those?” asked Chloe.
“Cruciatus which causes extreme pain, Imperius, with enables a Dark Wizard to control the other person, and Avada Kedavra.”
“What does that do?”
“It kills.”
Chloe clapped her hand to her mouth and gasped.
Kale sighed, “That’s what you get for being muggle-born,” he said.
“Holly, you go fetch Iodolina … I’ll go get Madam Pomfrey,” said Louis, before zooming off down the corridor.
“Oh, great, I get the icky job,” moaned Holly, turning and following Louis.
“Does this mean we’re friends?” asked Kale.
Chloe nodded, rolling her eyes.
“Help me up, Cloe,” said Kale, holding out his hand.
“Nuh uh!” exclaimed Chloe, “You’re staying there until Madam Pomfrey and Iodolina come,” she caught site of his arm, which was bleeding, “what happened to your arm?” she asked.
“I fell on it,” he said, “it’s sprained, and I had a knife in my pocket. My brother bought it me years and years ago.”
“Ouch,” said Chloe, “I bet that hurt…”
He nodded solemnly.
“Oh my God! What happened here??” demanded Madam Pomfrey, running around the corner and down the corridor with Louis hot on her heals.
“I was attacked…” said Louis, quietly.
“What happened here?” yelled a voice. Iodolina was running around the corner, “Get back to class, child!” she exclaimed, seeing Chloe.
“Yeah, you should go, Chloe,” said Kale.
Chloe nodded and stood up, “C’mon Louis, Holly, we should get to Transfiguration.”
They started walking through the corridors towards class, “So,” said Holly, deep in thought, “who do you think did –” she let out a scream as the girl that had chased her on the train stepped in front of them. Unlike Holly, who had dark skin, eyes and long dark hair, the girl had very short, curly blonde hair, with green eyes. She was with 4 other girls, all of whom looked like they’d eaten nothing all their lives, they were so thin. They giggled as Holly darted behind Louis. He rolled his eyes at them.
“I’m Kelly Snaililous, and these are my friends; Lyana Polsion, Hannah Kenser, Poppy Longster and June Robertson,” she said, as if she was stating that she was the Queen and her friends happened to be her servants.
She eyed Louis, “Let me guess, Louis Kashiwagi?” she said, with an air of disgust.
“Yes,” said Louis through gritted teeth.
Kelly sniffed, “We’ve met, remember?”
“If you dare bring that up…” started Louis, but Kelly tutted.
“Like I’d want to admit I was anywhere near a blood traitor like you!” she turned then saw Chloe, “Oh, and I’d stay away from your … friends … if I was you … they’re all blood traitors, mudbloods and more,” she looked at her closely, “but then … you’re a mudblood too… aren’t y –”
It all happened so fast, one minute they were stood there, Kelly having a go about Chloe being a ‘mublood’ and the next minute…
“My face!!” screamed Kelly, her face coming out in boils. Chloe looked around her, Holly, Louis and Kale were all stood with their wands out pointing at Kelly.
“Which used the jelly-legs-jinx?” asked Kale, inspecting Kelly, closely.
Holly put up her hand, “Me…” she said.
“And the confundus charm?”
“I did” said Louis.
“Ah, I did Tarantallagra … that explains the mad dance… but the boils?”
“I gather the spells don’t go together…” laughed Chloe.
“You should go to the hospital wing Snalilous!” said Kale. Kelly turned and ran as fast as she could, her sidekicks – for want of a better word – hot on her heels.
“Are you ok, Kale?” asked Chloe, 10 minutes later when they’d stopped laughing, clutching her sides.
“Yes,” he said, “Madam Pomfrey just pointed her wand at me and I was better. Iodolina wants me in her office later though,” he grimaced, “anyway, I’ve got Arithmancy now, I’ll see you later. Bye!” he ran off down the corridor, narrowly avoiding a load of scared-looking first-years.

Eh, it's not my best - but it's ok I suppose -.-

Enjoy qo.ob

Chapter 8: Harold Melville.

Chloe glanced at her watch, “Uh oh, we’re late!” she exclaimed, breaking into a run.
“McGonagall won’t be happy!” exclaimed Holly, running faster than all of us.
“You’re quick, Hols,” said Louis, awestruck.
“Practice makes – argh!” she exclaimed, careering through someone floating absent mindedly through the corridor.
Chloe stepped backwards and gasped. A ghost was floating, pearly white.
“Oh,” said the ghost, a pretty lady, dressed, though it was difficult to tell, in grey, “hello Ravenclaws. I don’t think we’ve met. I am your house ghost. People call me ‘The Grey Lady’,” she drifted around.
Holly was just stood, gaping.
“No, we haven’t met,” said Louis, totally relaxed. “Pleased to meet you,” he added, as an afterthought.
The grey lady nodded, “You should push off to class you know,” she floated away.
“Ugh,” said Holly, the first thing she’d said for ages, “have you ever gone through a ghost?” she shivered.
Louis laughed, walking up the staircase and onto the first floor.
”C’mon,” he said, “better not keep McGonagall waiting too long,” he said, going into the classroom just inside. Chloe and Holly followed, trying to sit down without being noticed.
“Ten points from Ravenclaw,” snapped McGonagall, “maybe you should get a watch,”
“Sorry, Professor,” they mumbled, taking out their books and wands.
“Who do you reckon attacked Kale?” whispered Holly.
“Dunno,” said Louis, dismissively, “could have been anyone. Even a teacher – if they were under the imperio curse…”
Chloe thought for a minute, “Might be … or could be a student…”
“Obviously Miss Stampore has a view on the situation!” exclaimed McGonagall from nearby, “Maybe she’d like to tell us what she thinks of Avifors!”
Chloe went scarlet, “Um… I wasn’t talking about that,”
“Well, then te –” started McGonagall, but Chloe cut across her.
“I was actually talking about who attacked Kale,” she said, boldly.
“What?” demanded McGonagall.
“You should ask Professor Iodolina, she knows,” said Chloe, “he was attacked, they tortured him then was about to kill him.”
“Don’t tell such lies!” exclaimed McGonagall, “I’ll be looking into this after class!”
“I should hope so too,” muttered Chloe, under her breath.

“What did Iodolina ask you yesterday?” Chloe asked Kale the next day at breakfast.
“Just basically if I saw who did it,” sighed Kale, “oh! Post’s here!” he said, looking up as hundreds and hundreds of owls came swooping in dropping letters off. Chloe looked up, though she didn’t expect anything. Pudding swooped down, carrying a letter.
Chloe took the letter and offered her owl a bit of bread, she ripped open the envelope and read:

Dear Chloe,
How have you been my darling daughter? Your dad said you were a witch – I am so proud, I’m looking forward to seeing you over the summer. Maybe you can introduce me to your pets?
(Chloe held her cat, who had jumped on her lap, close)I have enclosed a necklace that I thought you could wear. I would be very happy if you did. Please write back and tell me all about your little school and your lessons.
Love,
Mother.

Chloe glared at the letter, then tore it in two. Louis, Holly and Kale watched, shocked. Chloe looked at the necklace, “Incendio!” she exclaimed, making it burst into flames.
“Why did you do that?” asked Louis, picking up the pieces of her letter and reading it, “Why did you destroy something your mother sent you?”
“She has no place in my life,” said Chloe, simply.
Louis blinked, “Uh, whatever…” he said.
“What’s on our schedule today, Lou?” asked Holly, absentmindedly pushing a croissant around her plate.
“Defence Against the Dark Arts and double Potions before lunch, then Herbology and History of Magic after. Oh well, at least we’ll get some sleep. DADA sounds good though…” said Louis, fingering his timetable, before reaching for some toast.
“Lou! You’ll get butter all down your time – too late,” groaned Chloe.
Louis laughed, “It’s fine,” he said, lazily waving his wand and siphoning off the butter, “you forget, I listen in classes.”
Holly rolled her eyes, “Yeah, you’re a swot!” she laughed.
“I am not!” exclaimed Louis, angrily.
“Teacher’s pet, teacher’s pet, teacher’s pet,” sung Holly.
Louis jumped up, knocking over his pumpkin juice, “I am not a swot!!” he glared at her.
“Are so.”
“I’m not standing for this!” Louis got up and walked away. Holly looked at Chloe, dumbstruck.
“Well done,” said Chloe, getting up and following Louis. Kale was watching all this, his mouth hanging open, his copy of The Daily Prophet hanging out of his hand, his toast dripping jam onto Holly’s wand.
“Kale! You’re toast’s dripping jam onto my wand, you twit!” exclaimed Holly, picking it up, gingerly, “Yuck… all sticky…”
“Wait up!” called Chloe getting to Louis, and grabbing him, “Holly didn’t mean it… she was having a laugh.”
“Whatever,” said Louis, shaking her off and walking faster.
“Lou, you’re being silly! I wasn’t the one insulting you…” said Chloe, changing her tack.
“True,” said Louis, slowing down so she didn’t have to trot to keep up. “I’m sorry,” he said, sadly, “that was silly, I agree. Let’s go to lessons.”
Chloe and Louis walked off to Charms class, avoiding Peeves, the school poltergeist, who was throwing dungbombs at unsuspecting victims (he took particular pleasure in the ones with clean hair and clothes), and running down a hidden shortcut.
Chloe ran down the shortcut, avoiding the pixies circling her head, menacingly, and falling over, cracking her face into the wall.
“Ouch!” she cried out, looking to see what she fell over. What she saw made her clap her hand to her mouth and gasp.
“Louis!” she exclaimed, getting out her wand, “Lumos” she said.
Her wand tip lit up, showing a girl, with fair hair, dark skin and a very vacant expression, lying on the floor.
“Cloe… what’s wro- OH MY GOD!” Louis exclaimed, kneeling on the floor next to the girl.
“What’s happened to her?” asked Chloe, panicky.
“She’s been stupefied, thank god, I thought she was dead!”
Chloe let out a sigh of relief and got up.
“Where are you going?” demanded Louis.
But Chloe had already started running. “Wait!” called Louis from behind, but it was too late… Chloe was running along the corridors, her feet slapping on the ground, the sound echoing behind her, making it sound like she was one of an army of men, not one, little, girl.
Chloe rounded the corner and came face to face with a boy, around 16, with shocking green hair and a look of purest loathing on his face.
“W-who are you?” she asked, trying to sound brave but failing.
“I’m Harold Melville. And you are a mudblood. I don’t want to know your name.” he turned and walked away. Chloe noticed him putting his wand in his pocket as he walked and wondered if it was he, who had hurt the girl and Kale.

Enjoy.

Chapter 9: Dark Magic

Chloe ran back to Louis and knelt on the ground next to the girl, “Is she ok?” she asked.
“I tried to wake her up … but she won’t wake … this is powerful dark magic!” exclaimed Louis, jabbing his wand towards the girl and shouting “Enervate”. Chloe whipped out her own wand, flicked it and said the same. But though the girl moved slightly, unlike she did when Louis cast the spell, she didn’t wake.
“Fetch Flitwick.” said Louis.
Chloe jumped up, “Okay!” she said, running down the corridor, crawling under a bookcase, running down the sixth floor, jumping down a flight of stairs and arriving at the staff room.
She hammered on the door, her fists becoming red-raw.
“What on earth is all that banging about?” exclaimed little Professor Flitwick, coming to the door.
“You…have…to….come…” panted Chloe, out of breath from all the running. She turned and ran down the corridor, Flitwick hot on her heals.
A few minutes later they skidded to a halt by the girl and Louis.
“Oh my! What’s happened here?” squeaked tiny Flitwick, nervously, “Enervate!” he exclaimed, flicking his wand at the girl. She stirred slightly, but didn’t wake.
“We found her like this,” explained Louis, “can you help her?”
Flitwick shook his head, summoning a stretcher from thin air and placing her upon it. “I’ll take her to the hospital wing. Go to class; tell everyone I’ll be there in a minute.”
Flitwick ran off, the stretcher floating gently behind him.
Louis and Chloe stood up, “Who was she?” thought Chloe, outloud.
“Hilary Killay,” said Louis, “I looked at her name badge,” he explained, “she’s ravenclaw too, and she’s muggle-born too … I’ve heard people talk about her.”
Chloe nodded, “How did I guess the latter bit?”
Louis chuckled, “I have no inkling! How did you?”
Chloe smiled, “C’mon, we better go.”

Louis, Holly and Chloe could be found walking out of Charms class 10 minutes later. Poor Chloe found it very awkward. If she asked Louis something and he said yes, then she asked Holly the same thing; she’d say no, whether she thought no or not. And Louis was acting the same way.
“Who do you reckon attacked her?” asked Holly, confusedly.
Chloe kept very quiet, memories of the boy returning.
“Yeah, Cloe, though I hate to ask the same as her, who do you think attacked her? You ran down the corridor…” said Louis, walking down the corridor, looking deliberately at Chloe, and avoiding Holly’s gaze.
“God above, you two!” she exclaimed, glaring at Louis and Holly in turn. “Can’t you just get on again?”
Holly and Louis looked taken aback, “Fine,” they snapped together.
Chloe sighed, “Let’s go,” she said, dragging them both away and down to the third floor, where Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons were held.
The first thing they noticed, entering the classroom, were the pictures lining the walls. Pictures of torture, pictures of green light, cloaked figures with scabby hands, massive snakes.
“Hello Class!” screamed a woman, bursting from a doorway at the top of some stairs.
The class jumped six feet off the ground in shock. The woman was lanky, wearing a bright pink t-shirt and a long black skirt. She had steely grey hair and a mad look in her eye.
“H-hello,” stuttered the class.
“WELCOME to YOUR first DEFENCE against THE dark ARTS class! I HOPE you are READY for IT!”
Chloe, Louis and Holly stared, this teacher was scary…
“I AM Professor MAGGIE Bool!” she shrieked, her voice piercing through their skulls like a knife.
“NOW lets START the LESSON!”
The lesson went by with Bool shouting at the class. Chloe secretly wondered why she did that …
“Geez!” exclaimed Holly as they left the class, “She’s a real…” she added a word that made Louis and Chloe exchange looks of ‘Where did she learn that kind of language?’.

Chloe awoke, days later. Snow was falling thickly outside her window and iceicles hung from above. Chloe got out of bed and walked over to the mirror, hanging on the wall.
She looked at herself. Her brown hair was short and curled at the end. She hated it. It was a style her mother had made her and Katie have, permanently. She pointed her wand at it to trim it. She smiled at herself, her hair now down to her ears. She was pleased, not only was she disobeying her mother, she was having the style her dad had always wanted her to have.
She turned from the mirror and put her clothes on, before walking down the staircase and into the common room.
“Cloe!” exclaimed a voice.
Kale was rushing down from the boys dorm, hastily trying to do a button up on his shirt, “You late too?” he said.
“For what?” asked Chloe, confused.
“The first Quidditch game of the season, of course! Ravenclaw verses Hufflepuff! Aren’t you going to watch it?”
Chloe gaped, “I completely forgot!” she exclaimed, “We better dash!”
Kale and Chloe ran down the corridors, taking shortcuts along the way to get there faster. There were hardly any people around.
They were just running down a dark corridor when there was a light ahead. Someone was walking towards them, their wand alight, though they couldn’t see his or her face.
“Ah,” said the voice. It was cold and male, “two mudbloods with one shot, eh?” a blast of red light streaked past, missing Chloe’s face by millimeters.
“Don’t hurt her! What has she done to you?” Kale asked.
“She’s a mudblood. She has to die, she has no place in this school. Just like you…” said the voice.
There was another streak of red light, this time it was going straight at Chloe. She stood there unable to move with fear as the red light zoomed towards her. Kale jumped in front of her, getting the full impact of the spell.
Chloe gasped, “You hateful person!” she screamed, collapsing on the floor next to him to check he was okay.
“And now y –” but he didn’t finish the sentence. Chloe had whipped out her wand and shouted “STUPIFY!” sending the speaker zooming backwards and crashing into the wall. But there was no time to find out who he was. Chloe grabbed Kale, picking him up like she had once been told how to do, and carrying him, slowly, out of the corridor and into the hospital wing.
On the way she bumped into Peeves, who was throwing water bombs at unsuspecting first years. He was poised ready to throw one at her, when he saw Kale.
“If you dare throw that Peevsy, I’ll find the Bloody Baron and…” she started, but Peeves was already gone.
Chloe wasted no time, she rearranged Kale on her shoulder and carrying on walking, and she arrived at the hospital wing a few minutes later. She placed him on top of a bed, and felt his pulse. It was very, very faint.
Chloe ran out of the hospital wing and down the stairs, down and down she went before she reached the bottom. She had a massive stitch and was gasping for breath, she flung open the door and ran into the entrance hall, running to the end and wrenching open the front doors. She clutched at her side and stopped, panting. She took a deep breath and ran again. Down the path, she ran, around the corner, down the hilly bit, across the grass and finally through the doors to the Quidditch pitch.
She stopped for a second, staring at the shear size of the pitch, before running again, up the stands to where the staff were sat.
“What IS the MEANING of THIS?!” shrieked Professor Bool when Chloe arrived, panting.
“M-madam P-pomfrey!” she panted, “K-kale … hurt … in the … hospital wing …”
Madam Pomfrey stared, but Professor McGonagall took over, “Lead the way, Stampore,” she said, “Come along, Poppy,”
McGonagall swept away, Chloe trying to keep up as McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey built up speed.
They arrived at the hospital wing a few minutes later. Madam Pomfrey bent low over Kale, “This is dark magic,” she said, grimly, “very dark indeed…”

Sorry it took SO long to get out >>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back