• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hip Hop = bad music for kids?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Despair

Life's a depressing joke
What does everyone think about hip hop these days??

I personally hate it with the exceptions of a couple of artists. The only thing they rap is about sex, being a "pimp", ass shaking and such. A new kind of music, reggaeton, don't know if anyoe has ever heard it, but it's rap in spanish. It talks exactly about the same. I see little kids singing that s*it....for example 50 Cent's Candy Shop......come here and lick my lollypop. What the hell? Don't they know that kids listen to it?

And hip hop videos...they seem to care more about the video than the song itself. They just put a bunch of whores out there in tight clothes ( don't get me wrong I like that ) dancing like sluts and little kids watching it and imitating them.

Darkness_Shadow

Website
www.freewebs.com
I totaly agree!
I HATE it! And everyone is singing this stuff at school and getting introuble for singing stuff like "come here and lick my lollypop" But me and my friends have definitions for certian types fo music. Hip Hop and Rap is "singing about there bitches and hoes!" (SP not sure on hoes)

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
Lmfao

Please look at the thread entitle "Mos Def"

The underground rap is the real hip hop shit, none of the commercial bullshit you posted. But yes for mainstream, Candy Shop is a hot song :eek: 50 still sucks.

Listen to all the hip hop/rap before judging.

Last edited:

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
^^Lmfao at the artists you picked

T.I.-a southern artist who raps about cars and hoes
The Game-West Coast artist who ****rides his coast, talks abotu his chevy 64, dre, name drops all the time, etc
Eminem-Recently became wack.

Pick Underground

Download a song called "Dance with the Devil" by Immortal Technique, good shit there.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
explicit.jpg.w300h212.jpg

Its there for a reason. Blame the parents for letting kids listen to this, don't blame the rappers.

Heart's Essence said:
A new kind of music, reggaeton, don't know if anyoe has ever heard it, but it's rap in spanish. It talks exactly about the same. I see little kids singing that s*it..

Now your dissing Reggaeton? Don't hate. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. You of all people should know that most Hispanic and Black people are very open about things like sex, ass-shaking, drugs, drinking, etc. Little hispanic or black kids saying it is no big deal, its cultural. Also Reggaeton is more than just rap in spanish, it contains styles of many different music genres (Hip-Hop, Reggae, and even traditional Latin American genres).

Darkness_Shadow said:
Hip Hop and Rap is "singing about there bitches and hoes!" (SP not sure on hoes)

Ignorance and stereotyping. Try listening to artists like Tupac or Akon who don't rap about hos and bitches all the time, but actually have social and cultural messages in their lyrics about how people are. Changes, by Tupac for example.

Drama, why you always hating? All I hear from you is Banks this Banks that, and Game sucks. I grew up listening to Dre, and Game is just as good.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Yes I hate it, ut its what those people like and I really care. Trust me, don't dis on their music, they get so damn offended. I might try listening to underground if its any different. Eminem was the only rapper I like.

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
Drama, why you always hating? All I hear from you is Banks this Banks that, and Game sucks. I grew up listening to Dre, and Game is just as good.

I haven't mentioned Banks throughout the whole music discussion...Just because I have him in my sig doesn't mean anything. He is my favorite mainstream artist.

Game sucks, that's my opinion. He namedrops too much, his chevy 64, G Unot, etc. Not a real artist mainly. I do bump to some songs if on the radio by him, doesn't necessarily like him.

Dr. Dre=Good

Underground-Teh pwnage

Immortal Technique, MF Doom, RZA, GZA>>>>>>(your favorite artist/band)

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Drama Setter said:
I haven't mentioned Banks throughout the whole music discussion...Just because I have him in my sig doesn't mean anything. He is my favorite mainstream artist.

I wasn't just limiting it to the thread, but in general.

Drama Setter said:
Immortal Technique, MF Doom, RZA, GZA>>>>>>(your favorite artist/band)

Tupac Shakur is better than everyone up there.

The Ultima Crest

At your house having sex with your mother....XD
Riku's Nobody said:
Yes I hate it, ut its what those people like and I really care. Trust me, don't dis on their music, they get so damn offended. I might try listening to underground if its any different. Eminem was the only rapper I like.

It's not that we get offended it's the fact that people pass judgement on things they have no clue about. I get offended by utter ignorance.

Underground you should listen to. It's the backbone of all hip hop. Only a few mainsteam are good.

I hear that all the time too "I don't like Hip Hop but I love me some Eminem"
I hate it when people say that...either you like it or you don't

Girlygirl

I can see why some people hate rap, but usually when your a little kid who listens to rap, you don't really listen to the words their saying, but instead the beat of the music and so on. I love rap even if they do talk about all of those stuff you all stated earlier(sex, money, pimps, etc.). Rap is still great though.

D.A.

Huntley, Illinois. Also known as the middle of now
Drama Setter said:
^^Lmfao at the artists you picked

T.I.-a southern artist who raps about cars and hoes
The Game-West Coast artist who ****rides his coast, talks abotu his chevy 64, dre, name drops all the time, etc
Eminem-Recently became wack.

Pick Underground

Download a song called "Dance with the Devil" by Immortal Technique, good shit there.
T.I. still raps with some class. And I'd say most rappers talk or at least mention a hoe at least once in their whole career, whether it's in a positive or negative way. The Game is a great rapper, you just don't like him because he doesn't like G-Unit. And Eminem is probably the best rapper of this generation. Even if he is very vulgar and can get a bit insane at times.

I'd say almost every type of music has something a parent won't like in it. Someone earlier said it's the parents fault, which is true. Sure, it is bad music for kids, but both the rapper and the kid can't be held responsible for whatever influence Hip Hop may have on them. It's the parent's responsibility to teach their children not to mimick half the fools they see on TV and that most of the stuff is just entertainment, and it isn't real.

I think the state of most Hip Hop could be better. Lots of things these days become the same generic trash about somebody who's been shot or will shoot someone. Or something about how nice you're car is, or how many hoes you pimped last Wednesday. It could definitely be better.

Tupac Shakur is better than everyone up there.
I agree.

T

TrishLovesDamon

Dirty South(Besides a Few...Young Buck, Stat Quo, Bobby Creek, scarface, cham, etc) suck.

Westside roxs

North Side Roxs

Eastside....?

Midwest.....ewwww

Newyork roxz

The Ultima Crest

At your house having sex with your mother....XD
D.A. said:
T.I. still raps with some class. And I'd say most rappers talk or at least mention a hoe at least once in their whole career, whether it's in a positive or negative way. The Game is a great rapper, you just don't like him because he doesn't like G-Unit. And Eminem is probably the best rapper of this generation. Even if he is very vulgar and can get a bit insane at times.

I'd say almost every type of music has something a parent won't like in it. Someone earlier said it's the parents fault, which is true. Sure, it is bad music for kids, but both the rapper and the kid can't be held responsible for whatever influence Hip Hop may have on them. It's the parent's responsibility to teach their children not to mimick half the fools they see on TV and that most of the stuff is just entertainment, and it isn't real.

I think the state of most Hip Hop could be better. Lots of things these days become the same generic trash about somebody who's been shot or will shoot someone. Or something about how nice you're car is, or how many hoes you pimped last Wednesday. It could definitely be better.

I agree.

I know you didn't say Eminem was the best rapper of this generation....F*** Eminem!!!! He raps about nothin and his little girl and stuff. some of his songs don't have a point. I like some songs without points but he takes it to a whole entirely diffrent level

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Beats is the only reason you will see me listening to rap. The beats to some songs are really cool. I just don't like lyrics.

D.A.

Huntley, Illinois. Also known as the middle of now
I know you didn't say Eminem was the best rapper of this generation....F*** Eminem!!!! He raps about nothin and his little girl and stuff. some of his songs don't have a point. I like some songs without points but he takes it to a whole entirely diffrent level
Most of what Eminem talks about makes sense if you'd just listen. I'd say his last album Encore wasn't so hot though. But the material before that was very good and he has very clever wordplay. And you failed to mention who would be the best rapper if Em was not. [I don't count Jay-Z since he's semi retired yet still making music...]

But that stuff is off topic anyway, you can make a best rapper thread if you want, because that stuff doesn't belong here. I think if kids are being watched responsibly then anything the parent is uncomfortable with will not be seen or heard. If the kids are being influenced then the parent needs to keep a closer eye on them.

I love beats too. But I actually have to listen to the lyrics also. I like the beat to D4L's songs but I can't stand the lyrics...It's just stupid beyond imagination...I wonder how long it took them to come up with those lyrics
Not long considering they're incredibly meaningless. And the beats probably took less time since it sounds like they ripped it off old NES games. =P

T

TrishLovesDamon

The Ultima Crest said:
I apologize I only listened to the Encore album that I borrowed....Some of eminems stuff is good I just don't think He's the best of the generation.
lol encore..........

DL The Marshall Matters LP...Thats the shiz

Songs like Bitch Please 2, Kill you, etc are GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back