• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Hidden Truths

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
bbbbbbooooooooooorrrrrrreeeeddd............

wwwwhheeennsss ttthhheee neeexxttt chhhaaappppeeehhh.....

wwwwwiiiiillll iiiiiiitttttt bbbbbbeeee sssssoooonnnn???????????

^^

Eternal Snow

Hopelessly Confused
Website
www.myspace.com
Okies - Just a quick thingy here -

All of the chapters so far - So yeah, They're easier to get to this way, New Chappie up by the end of the week, I Promise!

Cuz After going through and getting all the chapters I feel slightly guilty that I dont update as much now ^^"

So I'm trying to change that - Get it to where I can put up on chappie a week again, I'm trying! ^-^

Prologue

“No! Stop!” Kairi screamed at the top of her lungs.

It was too late, he was gone. Sora was gone.

Kairi fell to her knees, sobbing.

“H-h-h-ow c-c-ou-l-l-d-d y-y-o-o-u,” Kairi managed to stutter out between sobs.

Riku looked like a deer stuck in headlights. He looked down at what he had just done. He just killed his best friend. Riku stepped back, and then ran. He had to get away. He just had to get away. As he was running he whispered into the air, I’m sorry Sora. . .Kairi.

Riku left the scene he had created. He had to fix all of this, but how. He turned around to see that Kairi was still sobbing in the distance. Then it hit him. He knew how to fix it. Riku knew that he couldn’t bring Sora back, but that doesn’t mean he can’t replace him. Of course he didn’t want to replace his best friend, but he already lost one friend. Riku wasn’t planning on losing the other one too.

With that, Riku ran into the Gummi ship and headed for Twilight Town. He can fix everything there. If he plays his cards right, he can make it seem like Sora never existed. Then Kairi would be his friend again, and all of this would be over soon enough.

~*In Twilight Town - At The Old Mansion*~

Riku opened up the front gate with his Way to Dawn Keyblade. Took the lock off and pushed the gate open. Then he continued to walk forward. He knew what he was about to do was wrong, but he couldn’t stand life without Sora and Kairi. Without them, he wasn’t Riku anymore. He just killed Sora, so he’s only got Kairi left. I’m doing this for our friendship. I’m doing this so that Kairi doesn’t hate me, Riku thought as he opened the front doors. He walked up to the staircase, and then went up the right side of it.

Namine’s room was just ahead. Riku will get Namine to erase Kairi’s memory of Riku killing Sora. Then he can get Namine to replace Sora with Roxas. He knocked on Namine’s bedroom door.

“Come in.” She said

Namine gave Riku a strange look when he walked through the door.

“I need your help.” Riku said

“What’s wrong?” Namine asked

“Everything” Riku answered and then told Namine everything that happened. After he was finished with that story he told Namine what he needed her to do. Namine gasped and then sat there shocked.

“Please,” Riku pleaded, “I need you to do this.”

Namine nodded and did as she was told.

She made it as if Sora never existed.

Chapter 1 ~ Saturday

“WAKE UP!” Roxas yelled into Kairi’s room

“AH!” she screamed

It was 11:00am on a Saturday and Kairi was still sleeping.

“You were supposed to meet us at the island three hours ago!” Roxas yelled as loud as he possibly could.

Kairi groaned and put the pillow over her face.

“Come on!” Roxas yelled as he grabbed Kairi’s arm and started to pull her out of bed.

“Just five more minutes.” Kairi mumbled just before Roxas pulled her completely off the bed. When she hit the floor there was a big thunk noise. Riku and Roxas laughed at this.

Suddenly Kairi sprung up and chased the two boys out of her room. She locked the door and started to change into her usual cloths. She put on her white tank top first and then slipped into her pale pink dress. Then took out the ponytail she puts her hair in every night before she goes to sleep. She looked in her full size mirror hanging on the wall of her pink room and unlocked the door. Riku and Roxas came crashing through the door. Roxas grabbed one arm and Riku grabbed the other. The boys dragged Kairi out the door, and to the dock so they could go to the island.

Riku, Kairi and Roxas got in their boats and started to row.

It had been two months since Riku killed Sora. Roxas replaced Sora perfectly. Kairi couldn’t tell the difference between them. She would never know what Riku did. Riku got what he wanted, but why did he feel so guilty about it. Riku was lost in his thoughts. He could hear Kairi and Roxas talking, laughing and having an all around good time. Every day haunted Riku now. He did what he did to stop the pain. Not to bring more.

“Riku? Are you ok?” Kairi asked breaking Riku out of his guilty trance.

“Huh?” Riku said

“Are you ok?” Kairi asked again

“Oh, yea I’m fine” Riku said half smiling

“Are you sure” Kairi asked yet again looking Riku straight in the eyes.

“Yea” He replied turning his head away.

Kairi knew something was up. She looked to Roxas and he shrugged. After that Riku started to row even faster. What’s the matter with Riku these days, Kairi thought to herself with a concerned expression on her face.

“Riku slow down!” Roxas yelled and started rowing faster too.

Kairi watched as Roxas tried to get Riku to slow down. She sighed and started to row faster too. What is wrong with you Riku? Kairi thought again, why won’t you tell me what’s wrong? You used to always tell me what was wrong. Why won’t you now?

Roxas and Kairi eventually caught up with Riku. They both asked what was wrong, but Riku just said it was nothing. They both knew Riku was lying to them, but every time they asked Riku what was wrong he just got madder. They eventually let it go and enjoyed the rest of their Saturday.

Riku eventually cheered up, and then everything turned back to normal. Riku and Roxas raced around the island about five times, and tried to teach Kairi how to sword fight in between. Then eventually ended up sword fighting each other about ten times. As the end to their Saturday they watched the sunset. They were all in their places. Roxas sat at the top of the tree, Kairi sat right below him and Riku was at the end of the tree standing.

“The sunset is so pretty” Kairi said smiling

“It looks exactly the same as it did yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that!” Roxas yelled laughing.

Kairi and Riku laughed with him.

“Well it was pretty yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that!” Kairi yelled back laughing.

After the trio watched the sunset together they got in their boats, and then headed home.

It took them ten minutes to reach the other docks. Once they got there, they tied their boats back down. Roxas made sure Kairi’s was tied right. She already lost two boats because she didn’t tie it right.

“Did I pass the inspection?” Kairi asked Roxas laughing

“Barely” Roxas replied grinning

Kairi stuck her tongue out at Roxas and then ran off the docks and onto the sidewalk.

“See you later Roxas, Riku!” Kairi yelled waving goodbye to them as they all went their separate ways.

“Bye!” They both yelled back

Chapter 2 ~ School and The Dream

Kairi tied the boat to the deck and waited for Riku to start leaving. There’s a boy at the end of the dock and he’s waving to us. “Kairi! Riku!” He yelled. ‘Who is he? Why does he seem so familiar to me? I’ve never seen him before in my life’, Kairi thought. He had brown spiky hair an-

“Kairi! Get up already! You’re going to be late for school!” Kairi’s mother yelled up the stairs.

Kairi got up and groaned. It was Monday already. She walked to her closet and put on her school uniform. A plain white dress shirt and a plaid skirt.

Kairi looked at the time. Ten minutes until school started! It was a 20 minute walk from her house! Kairi ran downstairs grabbed her backpack and headed out the door.

Oh no, oh no! I can’t be late again! Kairi thought dreading about what her home room teacher might say if she was late to school yet again, or rather dreading about what her teacher would do. Detention at her school was not a pleasant place.

One minute until the bell. Roxas and Riku looked at each other. Where is she? They both thought. The bell rang, and just before Mrs.Kiminoto closed the door Kairi came crashing through. Almost literally, she hit part of the door, and fell over. After Kairi hit the door she tripped over an untied shoelace and hit Mrs.Kiminoto’s desk with her head. Roxas and Riku got up and went to help Kairi recover from what looked to be a nasty fall. Meanwhile, the entire class was cracking up. Mrs. Kiminoto however, was not so amused.

“What are you doing?!” Mrs.Kiminoto screamed at Riku and Roxas

“Helping Kai-“

“Get back to your desks now!” Mrs.Kiminoto yelled at Riku and Roxas again

As they started to walk away Kairi whispered thank you to her friends. As he was walking to his desk Roxas signaled to Kairi that her hair was still up in a ponytail. She didn’t understand him at first but then felt the back of her head. She probably looked horrible right now. Wait she knew she looked horrible.

“Kairi! Kairi! Are you listening to anything I’m saying?!” Mrs.Kiminoto yelled

“Huh?” Kairi said as she took the ponytail out of her hair.

“That’s it! Go to the principals office!” Mrs.Kiminoto said while pointing out the door.

Kairi sighed and left while waving goodbye to Roxas and Riku. They both waved back. Today was not going to be a good day for Kairi.

~*After Period 2*~

“Hey guys!” Kairi yelled to Roxas and Riku as she caught up with them.

“Oh hey Kairi. How did he meeting with the principal go?” Roxas asked

“Oh it was great. He yelled at me, the vice principal came in and then they gave me detention for a week. After all of that yelling I got to speak with the guidance counselor. Then to top it all of, they’re switching all my classes! Even lunch! So yes my meeting with the principal was just so much fun! I hope I get to do it again sometime!” Kairi said, well actually yelled sarcastically.

Roxas laughed, and Riku grinned.

“So do you think you’ll have any classes with us?” Roxas asked

“It’s not likely,” Kairi replied, “we’ll find out tomorrow. Hey do you guys want to hear about this freaky dream I had?”

“Sure” Riku answered

Kairi turned to him and smiled. Riku almost never talked lately.

“Well,” Kairi started, “I was with Riku at the docks tying a boat to the dock. Then when I looked to the end of the dock I saw a boy waving to us. It was really weird. I have never seen that boy in my entire life. I wonder who he was.”

This caught Riku’s attention. “What did he look like?” Riku asked Kairi.

Kairi thought for a moment and then said, “He had brown spiky hair, but past that I don’t remember. My mom woke me up before the dream ended.”

Immediately after she finished that sentence Riku darted down the halls. No! She can’t remember him! It’ll ruin everything! Riku thought as he ran to the place where they stored the Gummi ship. He had to get Namine to fix this. His entire plan isn’t going to be wrecked by a dream. He won’t let it be wrecked by a stupid dream.

He got to the Gummi hanger and jumped in the Gummi Ship. Then put the keys in and activated hyper drive. He had to get to Namine as soon as possible. There wasn’t a second to waste.

It took Riku 30 minutes to get to where Namine lived. Which meant Kairi had 30 minutes to figure out the truth. Riku ran up and opened the front doors. Then he ran up the staircase to Namine’s room. She wasn’t there.

Riku panicked. Where is she?! Where is she?! Riku thought frantically, No! I need her. If I don’t find Namine then Kairi will remember! She’ll hate me forever!

“Riku?” a voice said behind him, “what are you doing?”

Chapter 3 ~ Another Rewrite

Riku turned around to find Namine standing right behind him.

“Namine,” Riku said relieved, “you’re here.”

“I live here,” Namine replied, “What are you doing here?”

“You better sit down for this.” Riku replied gesturing toward Namine’s room.

Namine smiled and walked forward. She knew what Riku was going to ask, and she didn’t want to do it. Can you help me? I need you to change something? Nah, nah, nah, Namine thought mocking Riku. She didn’t like what she originally did. Why would or should she do something else again. She missed Roxas, and she didn’t like doing this to Kairi. Namine sighed and opened the door. She let Riku through, and then closed the door behind her. She walked to her seat and waited for Riku to say something.

Riku sat there silent for a moment and then started to explain. When he was done Namine shook her head. She was right, Riku asked exactly what she thought he would.

“No.” Namine said

“What?!” Riku replied shocked. Namine could tell form the tone of his voice that she just hurt him, but she didn’t care. She was right, and he was wrong. Period.

“No” Namine said louder this time

“What?!” Riku yelled, “I need you to do this! If you don’t Kairi will remember!”

“So!” Namine screamed at him, “ Do you even know what this is doing to everyone around you?! It’s not like your just messing around with your life here! You’re messing around with Kairi’s, Roxas’, Sora’s and mine! I refuse to be your puppet!”

Riku got up, and started walking toward the door.

“Just this one last time? Please Namine?” Riku pleaded right before he left.

Namine scoffed.

“I swear Riku if you ever ask me again I will make your life a living hell.” Namine replied getting up and grabbing her sketchbook. She was not happy right now, and Riku wasn’t going to get her more set off.

Riku knew it was wrong of him to ask in the first place, but he was desperate. He didn’t want to lose Kairi. That’s what he’s doing this for, or is he?

Namine slowly rewrote Kairi’s dream. When she was done she looked up and gave Riku the death glare.

“Done” Namine said coldly

“Thank you” Riku replied as he left.

Everything’s going to be ok now. Everything’s going to be ok, Riku thought as he headed back to Destiny Islands, It’s ok.

Chapter 4 ~ New Classes

“So do you have any classes with us?” Roxas asked

“Nope” Kairi replied gloomily

“Aw cheer up!” Roxas yelled, “you get to meet all the bad kids!”

“Oh, and that’s a good thing?!” Kairi yelled laughing

Kairi had to start all of her new classes today. Roxas and Riku weren’t in any of them. She was going to miss those goof balls. Well Roxas is still a goof ball, but Riku has been acting strangely. He was like an empty shell. He was just there. Kairi sighed. She wanted to know what was bothering her friend so badly, but he wouldn’t tell her. At first she figured it was a guy thing, and that she’d hear all about it from Roxas eventually. But she still hasn’t gotten any kind of news. Kairi didn’t like being out of the loop.

The trio reached Kairi’s new home room.

“Be strong Kairi.” Roxas said laughing as he grabbed her shoulders and started shaking her.

“I’m glad you find my pain hilarious.” Kairi said glaring at him.

Roxas grinned and watched as she opened the door to impending doom. She waved goodbye to Roxas and Riku, and then went inside.

Kairi asked the teacher where to sit, but whoever the teacher was just kept on reading the newspaper. She looked around. There was only one seat left so she’d figured that’s where she ought to go.

Kairi looked around quick.

This is going to be bad, Kairi thought, very, very bad.

Kairi could tell there was an actual reason as to why every kid in the room was there. She got to her seat just as first bell rang. After a minute or two someone tapped Kairi on the shoulder. Kairi turned in her seat.

“Yo what’s a pretty girl like you doing here?” A girl said cracking her knuckles. Kairi could see that the rest of the girls posse was right behind her.

“Um” Kairi said trying to back away

“You know girls like you make us girls look bad.” She said inching closer to Kairi

“Leave her alone!”

Kairi turned to see a boy defending her. He had spiky brown hair, and the most gorgeous blue eyes she has ever seen. When he walked into the closer to her she could see that he looked almost exactly like Roxas.

“Oh so now you talk pretty boy! Just sit there in the back of the room, and now you grow a spine!” She said moving away from Kairi and toward him. Her posse moved with her.

“We might have to teach you a lesson. About where you and girly over there belong.” she said making a fist.

Kairi wanted to help, but she’s no good at fighting. If it was her against a rock, the rock would win. Kairi gulped. She knew what was going to happen next.

“Yeah!” Her posse cheered

Then the rest of the class chipped in.

“Fight, fight, fight!”

Oh no, Kairi thought

As all of this was happening the teacher sat there, reading the newspaper. As if this didn’t matter at all.

The girl got ready to throw a punch straight at the boy, and then the bell rang.

A huge rush of relief hit Kairi and the boy. Kairi hated that bell, but right now she loved it.

Saved, Kairi thought

“Your lucky pretty boy, Imma get you later.” the girl said walking out with the rest of the class.

The boy started to walk toward Kairi. She instantly froze. She thought he was going to talk to her, but it turns out that his desk was right behind hers.

Kairi watched as he picked up his books and left. Then she picked up her books looked at her new schedule and left too. The teacher still hadn’t moved an inch. Kairi scoffed.

Rotten teacher, Kairi thought, aren’t you supposed to help in situations like that?

Kairi got to the door. She looked down the hallway. The boy was going the same direction she needed to.

“Wait!” Kairi yelled while running toward him.

He turned around and stopped. Once Kairi finally caught up with him she said,

“Thanks for saving me back there.”

“Anytime” He replied smiling.

Kairi smiled back.

“Oh, my name’s Kairi by the way.” She said sticking her hand out.

I know, the boy mumbled

“Huh?” Kairi said tilting her head to the side.

The boy shook Kairi’s hand and said, “Sora.”

Chapter 5 ~ The “New” Boy - Sora

“Hey if you take the x out of my friend’s name you can spell Sora!” Kairi yelled excitedly, “his name is Roxas.”

Sora laughed.

So Riku really did try to replace me, Sora thought, well sorry Riku. I want my life back.

“Hey Sora” Kairi said turning to him, “what class do you have next?”

“Uh, I have Math. In room 245.” Sora replied

“Yay!” Kairi yelled running down the hallway, “catch me if you can!”

She hasn’t changed, Sora smiled

Sora loved that Kairi was back in his life. Whether she remembered him, or not didn’t matter. When he saw that Kairi was half way down the hallway he ran after her. Kairi never won a race before, and she wasn’t going to now!

Sora and Kairi crashed through the doors of their next class. They looked up, yet again, the teacher didn’t care. Both of their books were scattered across the floor. Kairi got up first and started to pick her books up one by one. Sora got up and laughed. They made quite a mess. After he finished laughing Sora picked up his books too. Kairi even had a huge grin on her face. It was really hilarious.

They started to walk over to the only two open desks together just before the girl from their home room stopped them.

“Oh it looks like you got yourself a girlfriend,” She said, “so now I’ll get to beat you both to the ground. I think I’ll go for the girl first.”

She jumped at Kairi just to scare Sora. Sora then grabbed Kairi’s arm and pulled her behind him.

Not again, Kairi thought, Can’t I ever get some peace from these people?

The bell rang.

Saved by the bell . . . again, Kairi sighed. She was loving that bell more and more.

“Ok, ok kids get to your seats.” The teacher said waving to the open seats for Kairi and Sora.

Sora pushed Kairi in front of him.

He’s so protective, and he doesn’t even know me, Kairi thought, why?

They sat down and the teacher started class. The girl was staring at Kairi constantly. It was starting to annoy Sora. It wasn’t going to be long before the girl reunited with her posse and decided to beat Kairi and Sora to a bloody pulp.

They should just leave us alone, Sora thought, what did we ever do to those jerks.

“Sora? Sora?” Kairi said shaking him, “Wake up already! Class is over.”

Kairi punched Sora in the back.

“Ow!” Sora screamed, “What did you do that for?!”

“Class is over you lazy bum!” Kairi yelled

“Sora you lazy bum! I knew I’d find you snoozing down here!”

Kairi blacked out.

*One of Kairi’s Lost Memories*

“Gimme a break Kairi”

“Sora you lazy bum! I knew I’d find you snoozing down here!”

“No! This huge blacked thing swallowed me up! I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t - -”

Kairi knocks Sora on the head.

“Ow”

“Are you still dreaming?”

*End of Memory*

“Kairi!” Sora screamed, “Are you ok? What’s wrong?”

“Huh?” Kairi said waking up

“Are you ok?” Sora asked again

“Yea,” Kairi said, “Lets go.”

“Sora you lazy bum in knew I’d find you snoozing down here.” Kairi muttered under her breath

I said that, but I don’t remember it, Kairi thought as she followed Sora to their next class, I just met Sora today. So how? It sounded like my voice, but it couldn’t have been. There’s just no way.

“Kairi?” Sora said, “We’re here. Are you really sure your ok?”

“Yea I am.” Kairi smiled. She knew she was lying to him, but what was she supposed to say? ‘Oh I’m fine. I just had this weird flash of me and you talking when I didn’t know you.' How do you explain something like that to someone who is a complete stranger? You can’t, and Kairi wasn’t going to try.

* * *​

It was the last period of the day, and just five minutes before the bell rang. The perfect opportunity to beat Sora and Kairi was getting closer and closer. There was no way of escaping it either. This time that girl would definitely get them.

What should I do?! What should I do?! Sora frantically thought, If I go with Kairi, Riku will find out I’m alive. If I don’t go with Kairi, she’ll be beaten to a bloody pulp by those girls.

Sora didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t let Riku find out he was alive, but he can’t let Kairi be beaten by those girls. Sora gulped. There was about two seconds before the bell rang. He looked over at Kairi. This is not going to be good. Then the bell rang.

Instantly the girl looked over at Kairi and Sora, and then grinned.

Kairi grabbed her books and started to leave the room. Sora did the same and followed her. She talked to him on the way to her locker, and then talked some more after. Kairi really liked to talk. Sora grinned. He mind was elsewhere. He knew that Kairi would introduce him to Riku and Roxas the second she got the chance, and he couldn’t let her do that. He still wasn’t sure that saving her was the best idea either. If she tells Riku about the boy named Sora who saved her from the girl in her new class, then he would know. Then Riku would look for Sora, and kill him again. It’s also very likely that Namine probably couldn’t bring Sora back twice. He was still confused on how she did it the first time. Sora sighed.

“Sora? Are you ok?” Kairi asked

“Oh yea, I’m just thinking about some things.” Sora said smiling

Sora looked around. They were in the courtyard. He must have been thinking for a while.

“Hey!”

Sora and Kairi turned around. That girl was coming with her little posse.

Oh No, Kairi thought

Sora saw Roxas coming. That meant Riku was close behind. He didn’t want to, but he ran. Letting Riku catch him already was not an option. So hopefully Roxas will get there before Kairi’s face gets rearranged.

“Sora!” Kairi screamed when she saw him running away, “How could you!”

Sora could tell that Kairi was hurt by what he had just done. He could hear it in her voice. He could also tell that she was about to cry.

Once he was far enough away, he turned around to see that the girls were inching toward Kairi. Once they got close enough Kairi might not be so pretty anymore.

Kairi’s heart was moving a mile a minute. She was upset that Sora just left her there, she was upset because she was separated from Roxas and Riku during school, and she was upset because she was about to be beaten so bad she wouldn’t look like Kairi anymore.

The leader of that group was getting ready to throw a punch.

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Kairi though closing her eyes, this is gonna hurt.

Right before the girl threw the first punch at Kairi, someone stopped her. After a minute or two Kairi opened her eyes.

“Roxas!” Kairi yelled happily as she jumped on him, “I’m so happy you’re here!”

“Kairi” Roxas said

“What?” Kairi answered

“I can’t fight if your hanging onto me like a koala.” Roxas said grinning

“Oh,” Kairi said getting off of him, “sorry.”

Kairi backed away and watched as Roxas fought them. He was winning against them for a while, but after about five minutes he started to lose. Because he was losing the girls started to come toward Kairi. One after another, and Kairi couldn’t do anything about it. She’s pretty, but she’s not pretty and strong. She might just have to work on that though. Kairi gulped. Roxas was about five seconds from completely losing.

Uh oh, Kairi thought as all the girls finally got pass Roxas and formed a circle around her.

Kairi looked over to where Roxas was. They hadn’t beat him up too bad, but he wasn’t going to be running around the islands any time soon.

“Thanks for trying Roxas.” Kairi whispered

“Hey!”

All the girls including Kairi turned around to find Riku standing there. He walked closer, and once he was in touching distance of their leader he asked,

“Can I get in on this?”

“Oh sure” She replied

Kairi could tell she liked Riku just by the way she said it. Kairi sighed. She hated having hot friends.

Riku stepped forward made a fist and then punched that girl right in her jaw. Kairi gasped. She wanted to laugh so badly, but she’s the one who got both Roxas and Riku into this mess. Laughing at that would probably make it worse.

“The principal!” The girls’ posse screamed as they ran

Kairi, Riku and Roxas looked up at the balcony. Sure enough the principal was running toward them.

“We gotta get out of here!” Riku yelled

Riku started to run into the halls. Kairi ran over to Roxas quick and helped him up. They ran together and eventually caught up with Riku. Once they were all together, they ran straight home. Getting caught was not an option. Both Riku’s and Roxas’ parents would go through the roof if they found out they had been put in the bad kid class, and if they got caught that’s definitely where they would be.

* * *​

Once they got far away enough from the school and could slow down a bit, Kairi started thinking. She didn’t know if she should tell Riku and Roxas about Sora or not. After all, he just left her there to be beaten. Kairi scoffed.

How dare he, Kairi thought, he just left me there. Like I didn’t mean anything at all. Before he was completely protective and now he leaves me there?!

Kairi was mad at Sora right now. She figured she better not tell Riku and Roxas. They didn’t need to get in another fight. After a bit of more running Kairi remembered the “memory.”

Was it real, or was it a dream? Kairi thought, it couldn’t have been real. She didn’t know Sora back then. She just met him today, right?

Everything was just so confusing for Kairi lately.

“Kairi?!” Roxas yelled, “this is your house.”

“Huh?” Kairi replied, “oh, see you later guys.”

“Bye!” Roxas and Riku replied waving

Kairi waved back as she headed for her front door. Today was a very long day for her, and tomorrow didn’t seem like it was going to be to great either. She was really confused.

Kairi opened the front door to her house, then instantly ran upstairs. She didn’t feel like talking to her parents. At least not now. She sighed as she fell into her bed, and fell asleep. All she could do is hope that tomorrow was a better day.

I’ve been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this for real, or not?

Chapter 6 ~ Meeting . . . Again

Kairi had been ignoring Sora for at least a week and a half now. She was really mad, but what was Sora to do? He couldn’t let Riku find out he was alive. Everything was messed up.

Kairi was blacking out more and more in class. Riku was starting to catch on that Sora was in fact alive, and talking to Kairi. (Well he was talking to Kairi.) Roxas started blacking out the other day too. His memory was returning too. Namine’s spell was wearing off. Which was both good news, and bad. It was good because that means Sora could finally make his move. Bad because Riku would definitely know Sora was alive soon. Then he would come after him. Sora sighed. He looked over at Kairi, who was still sitting in the seat next to Sora, he could see that she blacked out yet again.

This isn’t good, Sora thought

Luckily, class just started so Kairi would probably wake up before the bell rang. Sora leaned back in his chair so that it would stand on two legs.

“Whoa!” He screamed as hit the floor

Sora leaned back just a bit too far. The entire class laughed, and mocked Sora. He hated this class, and couldn’t wait until he could go back to the normal classes with Kairi. Hopefully he could go to school with Riku too when this is all over.

*Flashback*

“Riku Stop!” Sora screamed, “It’s me! I’m not Ansem! It’s Sora!”

“I’m not believing that again!” Riku yelled as he swung his Way to Dawn Keyblade at Sora.

Sora easily blocked the attack using his Keyblade, the Oblivion.

“Riku! Stop!” Kairi yelled tearing up.

Sora looked over letting his guard down. Which gave Riku the chance to attack. Riku used that chance and take the life of whom he thought was Ansem, but was actually Sora.

Riku broke out of his trance. He was possessed again. Ansem just used him to kill the Keyblade master.

*End of Flashback*

That’s how all of this started, Sora thought

“Sora?” Kairi said

Sora looked over to Kairi, “yea?”

“You might wanna get up now.” Kairi replied grinning

“Oh.” Sora said as he picked his chair up.

Sora sat back down and the teacher continued class. Kairi just looked at her feet. About five minutes before the bell rang, she said something,

“Sora? Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure, but if you do that means we’re friends again.” Sora smiled

Kairi turned to Sora, and smiled back.

“Yeah, we’re friends again.” Kairi said

“So what’s your question?” Sora asked

“So you know me?” Kairi said confused, “Wait, don’t answer that. I’m sorry. I’ve just been thinking lately.”

“It’s ok.” Sora answered a little disappointed

He thought that he would finally be able to tell Kairi everything, but it looked like Kairi was still in the denial stage. Sora sighed. Just then the bell rang. It was the last period of the day. Sora started to leave the room, and then heard Kairi yell,

“Sora! Wait up! I want you to meet my other friends!”

Kairi had already grabbed a hold of Sora and was dragging him away before he could say anything at all.

“Wa-a-i-t-t Kai-r-ri” Sora out stuttered out.

It was too late though.

“Riku! Roxas” Kairi yelled as she waved to her friends.

Oh no, Sora thought

Especially after he saw Riku’s glare. Sora was found out.

Chapter 7 ~ Meeting. . . Again (Part 2)

Riku’s face turned a bright red color, and then. . .he smiled. Sora’s jaw dropped down to the ground.

Did he just smile at me! Sora thought, No way!

“Who’s your friend?” Roxas asked Kairi

“This is Sora,” Kairi answered, “he saved me from that girl before. Well, he saved me from her in class.”

“Thanks for taking care of her!” Roxas yelled smiling, “she can’t fight for herself so its good to know someone’s there!”

Kairi grinned and punched Roxas right in the middle of a bruise.

“Ow!” Roxas yelled, “don’t do that!”

“Well don’t insult me.” Kairi said sticking her tongue at Roxas.

“PMS much?” Roxas laughed

“Uh!” Kairi yelled as she started to hit all of Roxas’ bruises.

“OW!” Roxas screamed some more, “I have those bruises because of you!”

Sora smiled and looked at Riku. He was still in the same spot as before. Only now he wouldn’t take his eyes off of Sora. Sora backed away, and then Riku moved closer. Kairi finally finished beating up Roxas, and left him there to wallow in his pain.

“Are you ok Riku?” Kairi asked

“Mind if I talk to your new friend a bit?” Riku answered, “in private.”

“Uh, sure” Kairi said curiously

Riku walked over to Sora gripped his arm, and almost literally dragged him off. The walked to the music room that was not too far away from where they were before, but far enough that Roxas and Kairi couldn’t hear them while they talked.

“Ow Riku, could you have gripped my arm any tighter?” Sora asked sarcastically, “because cutting off the circulation in my arm just isn’t enough.”

Riku closed the door while Sora talked.

“Do you really think I care?” Riku asked

“Uh, weren’t you my best friend at one time?”Sora said, “Oh yea, wait, that was before you killed me!”

“Oh I’m so sorry!” Riku yelled sarcastically, “it was so mean of me! Kind of like you taking all the credit all the time!”

“What?!” Sora yelled, “Riku you have officially lost your mind! When have I ever taken credit away from you?!”

Riku turned away. He didn’t exactly wanna hear Sora ramble on and on about what’s wrong and what’s right like he always did.

When Riku didn’t answer like Sora knew he wouldn’t, Sora started grinning.

“Why so silent?” Sora asked, “is it because I’m right?”

Riku faced turned bright red, and Sora just kept grinning. Mostly to piss him off further, but partly because he wanted to see if Riku’s face could get redder. As of right now it was a bright red cherry color.

“Aw well, I guess this isn’t gonna be a warm welcome back.” Sora said.

“How long have you been in contact with Kairi!” Riku yelled

“Wow you really like to cut to the chase huh?” Sora grinned, “then again, you’ve never been the most patient person.”

“Sora!” Riku yelled even louder, “how long?!”

Sora sighed.

Maybe he wasn’t possessed after all, Sora thought

“Sora!” Riku screamed at him, “answer me!”

“She’s remembering me!” Sora yelled back, “your plan is falling apart, and you can do nothing to stop it! Soon enough Kairi remember everything. She’ll figure it out! I won’t let you stop her from realizing the truth!”

“Oh yea! You just wait and see!” Riku yelled, “I’ll get Namine to fix this!”

“Ha!” Sora laughed, “She’s on my side! She’ll never help you! Who do you think brought me back!?”

“How dare you?!” Riku screamed at Sora

“How dare I?!”Sora screamed back, “You killed me! Yet you have the nerve to say how dare I?”

“Yes! How dare you come back!” Riku yelled

“What?!” yelled Sora, “How dare I want my life back?! Your making no sense!”

“Yes!” Riku yelled at Sora again

“Oh because taking my life back is a horrible thing to do!” Sora sarcastically yelled

“Yes!”

“What?!”

“You’re screwing everything up!”

“It’s my life!”

“So!”

“You killed me!”

It circled back and forth like that for about 30 minutes until finally something was said that caused both of them to be silent.

“I was possessed!”

“How about now?!”

Suddenly, Riku didn’t have anything to say.

“That’s what I thought.” Sora said walking toward the door.

Sora got there, and realized just how loud he and Riku had been. There Kairi was, standing right in front of the door. Listening to every word that was said. Sora and Riku were just as shocked as Kairi was. She just stood there with a hurt look on her face.

“What’s going on?” Kairi asked looking at Riku and Sora.

Chapter 8 ~ Riku!

Riku and Sora looked to each other and back at Kairi.

“Kairi” Sora paused no knowing what to say, “it’s just. . .complicated.”

Kairi looked down at her feet.

“Sora!” She yelled as she ran to him and pulled him into a hug, “I’m so sorry!”

“Kairi” Sora smiled, “it’s ok.”

Riku backed away from his friends. He didn’t belong there anymore. He hurt everyone. Yet again, he was looking straight at the horrible scene he had created, and just like before, he ran. Once he got outside, he found an even more confused Roxas.

Roxas was probably the most effected in this. He was taken away from his friends, home, had all of his memory erased and the put in a completely different place to fix a stupid mistake. Even worse the stupid mistake wasn’t even his.

Namine was right, as usual. Riku is affecting a lot more then just his life and Kairi’s. He screwed up everything in one fatal swoop. Everything was falling apart.

Riku stared at Roxas. He didn’t say a word. Riku looked back at Kairi and Sora. He couldn’t handle this anymore. He turned and ran the other way. So that he wouldn’t have to see anyone else. So he could just get out of there. Out of Destiny Islands. He just had to get away from everything.

* * *​

“I’m so sorry! I’m so sorry! I’m so sorry!” Kairi kept apologizing, “I should have known!”

“It’s ok,” said Sora, “where’d Riku go?”

“Hm?” Kairi got up and looked around, “I don’t know, but isn’t it better that he’s not here?”

“What if he hurts someone?” Sora replied

“Come on, he can’t be that stupid.” Kairi answered

“You’re talking about the guy who went to the darkness, then kept you away from me, then stole a whole bunch of people’s hearts, and then attempted to open the heart of all worlds a.k.a. Kingdom Hearts,” Sora looked over at Kairi, “just so he could see other worlds.”

Kairi paused, “lets go find him.”

Sora laughed and headed toward the door, Kairi followed.

They headed out of the music room together, and saw Roxas. Who was currently an emotional freak, and the girls from before of course.

“They just won’t give up!” Kairi yelled

Sora laughed, “I’ll take care of these girls. You just go find Riku.”

“Ok,” Kairi answered, “but how am I supposed to get out of here? I mean Roxas is over to our left, and the girls are over on our right.”

“Run forward as fast as you can.” Sora said

“I’d have to jump over those bushes!” Kairi yelled

“Kairi,” Sora smirked, “I think you’ll live. Unless of course you would like to fight those girls.”

Kairi paused.

“Buh BYE!” she yelled as she jumped over the bushes and ran.

Sora laughed and waited for the girls to come.

* * *​

Kairi searched the school grounds. Riku was not yet found. Kairi sighed, and then felt the pain coming from her right ankle.

Ow, Kairi thought,I did not land that jump right.

She sat down on the ground for a moment to rub her ankle, and then got up to go after Riku.

Where did we put the Gummi Ship again? Kairi wondered

“Oh yeah!” she yelled, “we kept it on the island. Hidden in those trees.”

Kairi looked around to see her fellow classmates looking at her funny.

Did I say that out loud? thought Kairi

“Just practicing for drama club!” She laughed

Then she ran straight for the docks as fast as she possibly could. Which actually wasn’t that fast because she was extremely slow.

It would take her at least 10 minutes to get there by foot. It was at least a good half mile from the school.

* * *​

Sora dropped to the ground swung his leg around and dropped kicked the girls. Then quickly got up made a fist and knocked their leader to the ground.

They all gasped and rushed over to see if their currently unconscious leader was ok.

Sora laughed, and then felt someone grab his shoulder.

He quickly made a fist to attack, but stopped when he saw who it was, the principal.

The security guards grabbed the other girls that hadn’t run away, and took them to the office. While the principal just stood there giving Sora a disappointed look.

“To the office.” He said

“Yeah, yeah I know.” Sora sighed as he walked there with his hands in his pockets.

It’s all up to you Kairi, Sora thought

* * *​

Kairi reached the docks. Riku’s boat was gone.

She looked out and saw that he was already half way to the island.

No! Kairi thought

“Riku!” She screamed at the top of her lungs, “come back!”

He didn’t even flinch.

Kairi quickly untied her boat and went after him.

By the time she had gotten half way there Riku had been there for at least five minutes. She rowed faster.

I can’t let him go! Kairi thought, I just can’t! Who knows what he’ll do next.

Once Kairi finally got close enough, she jumped out of her boat and swam to shore. She was much better at swimming than she was running. It was the only thing she could beat Riku and Sora at.

She reached the shore, completely soaked, and headed straight to where the Gummi ship was. She could hear the engine going already.

“Riku!” Kairi screamed over the engine’s roar.

Riku started up the Gummi Ship and then started to leave.

“RIKU!” Kairi screamed louder as she jumped in front of the Gummi Ship, “don’t go!”

Riku stopped and looked at Kairi. Her hair was whipping around from the wind the Gummi Ship’s engines were causing.

Kairi ran toward the door of the Gummi Ship, and Riku took off.

“Riku!” Kairi screamed one last time, “don’t go!”

It was too late though, Riku had already gone.

Chapter 9 ~ He Got Away, I’m Sorry

“They attacked me!” Sora yelled at the vice principal defending himself, “It was self defense!”
Sora was with the principal in his ever so gloomy office. The only light in the office was coming from the open window. Which lead outside to the front of the school. The walls were a dark red and there were papers everywhere. This was all probably paperwork.

Sora looked over to the principal. He was shaking his head again. Sora knew that the principal didn’t believe his story. If Sora mentioned that they were after Kairi then maybe he would let him go, but if he did that Kairi could get in trouble too. So it wasn’t even an option really.

“I’m going to go get your record.” The principal said while he was leaving his office.

Sora hadn’t even noticed he got up, but this gave him the perfect moment.

After the principal left, Sora grinned. He then stood up and climbed out the window. He wasn’t going to stay there to be yelled at. He had to find Riku and Kairi. If Riku hadn’t left already.

The second he got all the way out the window the principal returned. Sora turned around, his grin even bigger then before and said, “Bye”

Then Sora ran as fast as he could and high-tailed it out of there. While the principal called security.

“Riku” Kairi said faintly as the Gummi Ship got further and further away

Why do I feel this way? She thought, I should hate him.

Kairi knew she could never hate Riku. They had a past. They were best friends for so long, and now it’s all falling apart. Everything was falling apart.

No, No, No this can’t be happening, Kairi tried to convince herself so she wouldn’t cry.

“Sora!” She yelled, “where are you?!”

Kairi fell to her knees.

“I need you.” She whispered softly as she started to cry.

Sora stopped and put his hands on his knees for a second to catch his breath. He had already ran about a mile and a half going as fast as he possibly could, and it only took him about 5 minutes.

That must have broken some kind of record, Sora smirked, I wonder if Kairi stopped Riku. . .probably not.

Sora laughed a bit, just because he knew that in reality, Kairi could never stop Riku. He had to be at least five times stronger than her.

The docks were only like a quarter mile ahead. So he was getting closer, but then after that he’d have to row all the way to the island.

Sora sighed, this was going to be a very long day, especially if Riku did leave.

Sora then started running toward the docks again, he got there two minutes later. He could have gotten there sooner, but he tripped over a curb once along the way. So he was slowed down a bit, mainly from the new found pain in his leg. He didn’t exactly land “gracefully.” Try in a bush.

Sora ran to his boat that was tied to the docks by a double knot. He quickly untied it and jumped in. He would be to the island soon. Then hopefully he would find Kairi and Riku there together.

After calming down a bit, Kairi walked into the secret cave her, Sora and Riku used to play in. The old drawing Sora and Kairi did was still there, it was a bit faded now though, considering how much it was raining at Destiny Islands lately.

Kairi smiled at the sight of it. She always thought of it as a sign saying her and Sora were supposed to be together.

Remembering that Sora hated to see her cry, Kairi wiped away the rest of her tears and sat back on the wall with the drawing she made with Sora.

Now all that was left to do was wait for Sora to arrive, and then Kairi would have to explain the story. She didn’t know if she could do it without crying though. It all seemed like a dream. At least she wished it was.

What is Riku thinking? Kairi wondered, what’s wrong with him?

Finally! Sora sighed as he finished tying his boat to the dock. He didn’t see Riku or Kairi anywhere.
Where could they have gone? He thought as he walked around on the soft sand of the Island. He took a quick breathe and started to look around.

He looked over by the tree house, where they usually all sat together to watch the sunset, even in the small damp caves that covered the entire island. They were no where to be found, there was only two places left.

Riku wouldn’t, Sora thought as he ran to the place where they hid the Gummi Ship. They weren’t there either.

Kairi! Please be here somewhere! Riku’s gone mad, but is he mad enough to do THAT? Sora ran faster, There’s no way he’d try to kidnap Kairi, Right?

Sora ran up the small ramp that lead to the Secret Cave, then straight forward, and went in through the small crack that as covered by a couple palm trees.

“Kairi!” he yelled just before getting to the opening.

“Sora!” Kairi yelled back as she got up and ran to hug him.

“You’re here” Sora sighed in relief

Kairi let go of Sora, “why wouldn’t I be?!”

Sora smiled, “oh , no reason.”

Kairi gave him a questioning glance, while Sora walked forward toward their drawing.

“So Riku got away huh?” Sora smirked, he knew that Riku would. Kairi was no match for him.

Kairi nodded and hung her head low, “I’m sorry.”

Sora looked back at her, “It’s not you fault, he would have gotten away anyways.”

Kairi looked back at Sora and faintly smiled.

Sora smiled back, “So what exactly happened?"

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O_O"

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Meh Mel, I hate stretchiness, so I guess I shall help out of the badn.... goodness of my heart. Plus, I tihnk I'll start reading this fic. Why? I haven't read fics in a while.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
It's good to read fics..if the author posts a chapter every..oohh once in awhile?

Hehe ^^

CopperboomzZz!!!iii!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back