• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► help please

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
hey
i'm fairly new here and this is probably in the wrong forum, sorry if it is, but i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to write a good fanfic.
i've tried writing a few times before, but never any fanfics.
after reading some others on here, i've been inspired to give it a go ^_^ and i've been thinking of ideas for a week or so now.
thanks in advance! :)

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
I'm an avid writer/reader, of both original and fan fics, and hey, what is this world if we don't help each other out?

Simply asking for tips is a little obscure; is there anything in particular that you find difficult?

Send me a PM and ask me anything you want. I think I have some ways to help you, both in talent and literacy if you need.

~GuardianOfHearts

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
secretingredient2bq.jpg

Noezel7

Well if you're looking for tips in general, here are a few:

-take your time
-listen to people who give suggestions in your fan fic thread, they usually want to improve your fan fic no matter how harsh they sound.
-make sure you read over it to make sure there are few to no grammatical errors.
-use details, you may know what's going on but the reader doesn't!
-have fun with it!! it's your story!!

I'm not the best fan fic writer, I'm still learning myself! You should really listen to people like Pickle, GoH, Kaze_Krazy, Cloud_Unchained, or even Redharry123. They all write well and have very good fan fics:D

Shirozora

Website
www.fanfiction.net
hm....

1) NO MARY-SUES/GARY-um....whatever-ues, PERIOD. these are OCs that are perfect. literally they are perfect, flawless, and completely dull. you and i know that people are not perfect. thats what makes this world so interesting

2) let the world be your source of imagination. look up William Wordsworth's "The Tables Turned" for more details. :D

3) Don't rush and don't pile. Take your time writing if you think carefully or "slowly", and don't add on too much, like me. i made a HUGE boo-boo by writing a prequel and sequel at the same time and although both are actually doing well, its a strain. along with the 6 other stories or so i'm writing.

4) be articulate but not too articulate. don't make your sentences so short the story's choppy but don't elaborate to the point we snore. use vocabulary but don't go overboard

5) be grammatically correct. spelling counts, too. make it easy for us to read and understand.

6) i don't recommend script-writing. its my opinion and my suggestion.

7) be creative. think of a situation, something interesting, then create all the bits and pieces that add up to that one moment. get complex - complex stories are good. then putter around with the consequences of the situation. create short stories, then move onto whatever you feel most comfortable with.

8) you don't have to write within a certain genre or a certain type of story. although sokairis and soraxrikus dominate the known fanfiction domain (well, in fanfiction.net at least; i'm pretty dumb when it comes to forum-run fanfiction threads) you don't have anything to fear if you want to write a more various range of crack-couplings.

9)remember to watch out for the contents of your story. i never thought of it before but a lot goes into the details of a story, including certain elements that society feels is not appropriate for kids under the age of 13. language is quickly corrected on this site, thank goodness for the quick fix, but just be careful how to use it. i prefer the more casual way, which equals a lot of short, incomplete sentences and questions, but it depends on how comfortable you are with writing

10)...and above all. have fun.

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask around. i'm sure there are waaay smarter ppl out there who can help you, no? :p

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it :)
ive written some stuff before, like i said, but im worried that its going to be waaaay too descriptive and long. i like to set up the atmosphere first ^_^ n some people find that boring. will it be a problem here?
ill start working on it... depending on how everything goes, it could be up on thursday. ish. :)
thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back