• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Hello... The Libra needs some advice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Well, some quick background info.

My parents split when I was in 6th grade. It was drug related. Lived with my mother for a couple years. She neglected my brother and I; decided to party. Moved in with my dad, and now I'm here.

My problem is that I tend to suppress a lot of my emotions, and am a very passive person. Yet, it seems that after awhile things start to depress me. I'll get depressed at the wrong times and it affects me. I was at the beach one time, and was having a blast. Then boom, insta-depression. It sucks. The depression usually lasts for about a month and disappears. It comes back after a little while. I also tend to get a lot anxiety or an overwhelming feeling. Currently in my life situation I'm unemployed and have a lot stress on my shoulders on finding a job.

Now I know the cause of my problems (1st paragraph is the cause :p ), I just need advice on how to handle them. For example, how do you get over depression faster or how do you handle anxieties so you can function normally? (The anxieties I have effect things like driving, making any big steps towards the future, being lonely, etc.)

Devious

Sounds like a horrid situation Libra... (I'm a Libra :p)

I would say you need to work on the passive aggression. I'm passive aggressive and I have yet to experience those specific issues, but I expect them to be in my future since I have experienced similar, but less dramatic issues.

You need to find a way to express that emotion. I express my emotions through debate and through Ninjutsu training (which I haven't gone to due to winter, but still, it works). You need to use physical extraction in order to relieve stress. I'm glad you're at least trying to find help and talking about it, that is the first step to recovery from most anything psychological.

The Insta-depression is mainly due to your passive aggression because you store the emotions in a small place in your soul. It festers and comes out in different manners (I.E. the anxiety attacks and the depression) and can be dangerous if provoked by the wrong thing. I'm scared that one day I might hurt someone physically because of my anger.

If you need to talk more, talk to me on MSN or wait for more advice. styx_drifter@hotmail.com

Good luck, hopefully I helped a little bit.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
Well, for instant lift, you could watch some Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Just to lift you up for the moment.

For the long haul, I think you should just don't follow the 'chain reaction of depression' as I have named it. For instance, you start with 'my friend is mad at me.' Then it goes to 'he hates me.' Then 'everyone hates me.' And so on.

Don't do that one. Just remember that life is to good to waste looking at the bad things. Its like that quote: You can't possibly hit the ball if your thinking of all the ways you can miss. Just try to lift your thoughts up, no matter how hard this is.

- If the above has not been helpful, you may send a large reptile to devour me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back