• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hello. I can honestly take you to Kingdom Hearts.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

heart diver

Or rather, I can show you where to find it within yourself. I'm not sure where this should go so I guess ill post this in my intro.

I'm posting this one and only thread because I have this one and only purpose for an account, to literally teach you how to dream dive.

Just give me a second and I can explain it to you. I swear that everything I'm saying is 100% real, I am not role playing. I'm an indie game designer and I was researching the effects of virtual reality on the conscious mind and the subconscious. I became fascinated with the idea of lucid dreams and wanted to create a VR (virtual reality) experience that would replicate it lucid dream imagery for the setting of a game. In the process of developing the title, I discovered my subconscious had become saturated with my game world due to the highly immersive effects of VR and the game being directly about dreaming. In short, my dreams almost always took place in my game world.

I began to inquire as to what this could mean for my sleep cycles and how I could reverse it. Then it hit me out of nowhere like a ton of bricks. Kingdom Hearts is thematically tied to dreams in such a way that anyone can do what Sora did within their own "heart" or better known to us as our subconscious. I built some technology to help make that happen for everyone...

"I've been having these weird thoughts lately,... Like is any of this for real, or not?"

This is exactly the state we are looking for. The saturation of your subconscious with something like the desire to enter other worlds, so much that it reflects in your dreams. After that you have to KNOW your dreaming so that you can make sense of the dream world around you and make the necessary changes you want to make. After all, one who knows nothing can understand nothing. Until you know your asleep, you wont be able to do whatever you want/need to do, and are blissfully at the mercy of your dreaming mind.

The purpose of this software is to help you dive into your heart through a station of awakening. I suggest you do some research on the WILD method of lucid dreaming, as this is what we are trying to achieve. Essentially your end state should be to transition from being awake, to being lucidly inside the station of awakening as soon as you fall asleep.

This simulation will completely immerse you in the station of awakening, you will hear the sounds and be able to look all around but not do anything else. Allow this world to become as real as you can possibly make it, but it MAY take a few nights to saturate your subconscious depending on how open you are to hypnotic suggestion. You will have one instruction worded as "step into light... can you do it?"

You cant do it. At least not with your waking body. This will serve as your reality check inside your dream state. As soon as you are able to walk into the light, you should come to the realization that you are dreaming since it wouldn't be possible if you were awake. See? Now, there is also some secondary checks in place. Often times our capacity to read and count is temporarily impaired while we are asleep. If you look around and discover you can no longer read the instruction text, or the numbers on the heart column, or if they have changed in anyway, then you can be sure your asleep. Periodically remind yourself of all this while you are saturating your subconscious with the station of awakening.

Next continue to listen to your subconscious (heart) for any additional instructions inside the station of awakening, you might learn something cool about yourself... Or you might find yourself being attacked by "shadow people" or what we call pureblood heartless while your body is sleep paralyzed. Um, this is actually extremely terrifying and has been plaguing many people at bedtime for as long as humans have been sleeping. Just note that these things cant actually hurt you, and if you tough it out or resist them and they will disappear.

When your good and ready, simply travel to whatever new world you want, in whatever manner you feel makes sense and have fun being the keyblade master of your own universe (if thats what you care to be).

I'm not promising this is going to work the first time. It may not work the first 25 times, especially if you resist it working. And you are going to have to practice to get good at it. Once you do get good however, you probably wont need to wear VR equipment to bed and will be able to dream dive more or less whenever you want.

****WARNING****

"A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory... a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream..."

You WILL forget something like 60 - 100 percent of your awesome adventure unless you practice dream retention. A simple google search will give you all sorts of methods, but the best way is with a dream journal containing sketches and recordings of your dreams. Do like Namine does, shes got the right idea. With this kind of practice you'll be able to more easily hang on to your chain of memories, but I cant say tracing the chain all the way back to the station of awakening will ever become easy, especially during long REM cycles (rapid eye movement, its the period of dreaming while asleep).

So here we are, and here it is, the unnamed prototype. I'm sharing it with this community first, because you all should be the first to test it. In order to make this VR system work, it needs to be used by people who WANT it to work. People who understand the universe that the simulation is linking to, and have a genuine interest in exploring it. I know VR tech is young, and not many people will have the means to try this, but for those who do, I'm eager to hear what you discover in the most realistic and personalized way possible, a lucid dream. Either way I hope this lets you dive into your heart and explore a world where you never know who you'll run into next.

ADrive | Online Storage, Online Backup, Cloud Storage

Simply download the software from the link provided. Run the Unreal UDK install executable and follow the instructions. The software will be installed as KHL or KHLUCIDprototype. Turn on your Oculus Rift DK1 and run the software from your start menu. Put on a comfortable pair of headphones and your Oculus Rift and relax. Either lie in bed or sit in a chair you can sleep in. Wait... watch... believe... then step into the light when you can do it. Press the "A" key at any time to end the simulation.

If you have any questions, comments, or test results simply post them and I will discuss them with you.

prototype3_zpsafda434b.jpg

prototype_zpsd070f885.jpg

EDIT

Some additional info you might find useful:

A person's heart = a person's subconscious

Light = Lucidity. Control.

Darkness= Natural dream state (maybe?) anything that prevents you from being lucid.

Worlds= anyplace you could possibly visit in a dream

Keyblade= Your key to the lucidity, what makes you conscious and gives you the capacity to control your own destiny within your dream.

Keyblade's Keychain= a physical item or representation of a concept that ultimately represents what made/keeps you lucid. The trigger that made you say "Oh, I'm asleep".

Shadow people= pure blood heartless. Expect to see them in stronger forms near the beginning and ending of your dream when your about to wake up. You may continue to see them shortly after you wake up or immediately before you fall asleep. Your physical body may be paralyzed and you may find them to be particularly terrifying in this state. Some people already have a condition which causes these to occur naturally, and we call them "night terrors" (not to be confused with nightmares). As scary as they may be, they ultimately cant hurt you but are a massive threat to your lucidity.

Nightmares = Artificial Heartless. Manifestations of darkness from within a dream that are constructed from relevant imagery around you. They appear constantly and without warning to a keyblade wielder to return them to darkness, or the natural state of sleep you normally experience every night, meaningless oblivion. You can't stop these outright, they will always haunt you in some form if you are becoming lucid, its a natural response in our body when we sleep. You just have to fight them and keep the light alive. Sorry.

If you discover anything else, I'm eager to hear it so we can help open up the door for others easier!

Last edited:

heart diver

Another quick update, sorry for the double post but whenever I go to edit the original post, the whole thread goes down!

It seems that with further testing, you don't actually have to wear your VR device to bed. As long as you sufficiently saturate your subconsciousness with the station of awakening right before you go to bed, you can still enter it as you fall asleep. However since this method is more of a MILD rather than WILD process, you may not obtain lucidity till later in your REM cycle, meaning you will have less time to explore.

I know this is a pretty radical concept to wrap your mind around but I ensure you that it works. The experience is incredible, some would say magical even. But its not magic, its just gaining control of something you do every night. Unfortunately though, VR is still a developing technology, and lucid dreaming is a niche hobby, so only a very few will ever discover this.

I mean, its an entire living universe that unfolds in front of you all within your own mind, and all by itself. Think of the applications for art, story writing, and just escapism in general. Why not try it if you have a Rift and enjoy KH? I mean what else are you doing when you sleep, besides just laying there?

If you have any questions on how exactly to make this work or about any oddities that occur in the dream state, I'm sure I can help you, or at least find someone who can.

Antar

Awards
What? I don't even...this isn't shady at all...

heart diver

It isn't dude. I know it does sound like it, but I can't think of any other way to present this. Like I said, I discovered it entirely on accident. I actually wasn't planning on telling anyone about this because of how crazy it sounds. And yes Ill admit it, it sounds incredibly stupid when you say it out loud. But I know as a kid I would have loved to at least try something like this. I can promise it works, not that it means anything on the internet. If you don't want to try it, then don't.

I'm not selling it. I don't get anything if you try it or lose anything if you don't. It doesn't hurt you. I'll answer any questions you might have. So honestly you can take it or leave it. I'm just trying to be empathetic here at least share the technique. Many people are seeking this particular form of total escapism, an adventure more real than a video game. Something that would be otherwise physically impossible. I know I did, especially when I was younger.

Its just a heavily modified WILD technique, which has been known to work for years. I just made it easier and relevant to KH fans because KH is more or less about this. Here you can check out more info on it from other websites.

http://howtolucid.com/wake-induced-lucid-dream-w-l-d-technique/

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html

So try it if you want, or don't, it ultimately makes no difference to me. I have nothing to gain, you have nothing to lose.

Last edited:
Back