• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► .hack// SEED

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xugoh

Yes folks, yet another .hack fan fic, as if you didn't have enough already!

Please bare with me as we dive together into The World once again.

.hack//SEED

The bell rang announcing the end of the class; the noise of the chairs dragging away from the desks echoed through the whole school and soon the screams and laughs of the students began to fill the air. They got up and made their way to the crowded hallway.
On the roof of the school, a young man woke up with all the commotion; he looked up to the orange sky and smiled at the clouds. Another day well spent, he thought, the past few days have been a hustle, everything had started to be so boring, he really rather sleep through them.
The door to the roof slammed open and out into the afternoon sky came the inquisition. All wearing their school uniforms and their trademark arm bracelets, glaring, gritting their teeth and squeezing their fists.
“You skipped class again.” It started; the peace and quiet was gone.
The three made their way to him, forcing him to get up so to not get stepped on.
“Oh no! It’s the all mighty disciplinary committee! I’m in real trouble now!” he mocked.
The only girl in the group stepped forward and looked to him in the eyes.
“Why do you keep doing this?” she asked.
The two guys looked disappointed; his best friends were very different from him, all great students, and members of the student council, reliable and considerate.
“So I skipped class again, big deal!”
The big guy stepped in.
“That’s not why we are here.”
He put down on the floor a big cardboard box.
“Yeah it’s your gear. My cousin says he won’t need it anymore, so you can use it.”
They made their way home, nagging him for missing class.

Once home he tossed the box onto his bed and proceeded to tear it apart, inside were an old manual, that he put aside and didn’t bother reading, a graphics card to enhance his pc seen that there was no way he could run any new game with the one he had, a M2D that stands for Micro Monocle Display, or virtual reality goggles, the devise that allows pc users to view the games and programs in first person view as well as providing sound, this particular piece of technology had several other functions but none as attractive as the one he was going to use it for. Finally at the bottom of the box was a copy of the most popular game in existence “The World R: 3”.
This game was already in its third revision, not that it mattered much to him since he never played any of the other versions.
The game had got a lot of hype in the past few years, with the increase of people falling comatose and whatnot. But players could now feel safe to play The World, because everyone who fell in coma had awaken and no relation to the game was proven.
To think that all that chaos and doll syndrome business was the fault of a videogame seemed pretty laughable right now, maybe it was all just a prank by some kids bored to death. However the fact remained that the virus that infected all computers in the real world and caused several injuries, not to mention the loss of lives had it’s source in the game world. The problem had been fixed; hell they wouldn’t release another game without making sure of it!

The game was finally installed; the account was already created from yesterday. Now to run the program, he thought.

“Welcome to The World R: 3” filled the pc screen and he was brought to the main menu, he selected the option to initiate a new game, ignoring completely the forums and official message boards.
He was all set, but there was still just a small detail, character creation.
This wasn’t his first time playing a RPG so he knew that this step was a big deal on his gaming experience, so he chose carefully. It was funny to see how he changed from a careless laid back person in real life to a much more focused person when playing a game.

First the Blade Master or Blade Brandier, characters who fight with one-handed swords. Blademasters have medium attack power and high defense. Not really his style.
The Heavy Axeman, a character whose weapon of choice is a two-handed axe. They have high attack power but slow movement. Not interested.
Heavy Blade or Edge Punisher a subdivishion of the Blademaster category, Heavy Blades specialize in the use of large two-handed swords and have nigh attack power. Their weapons look cool but not enough.
Long Arm, a character who uses a two-handed spear is a Long Arm. They have high attack power, but lower defence. Not the most popular of characters.
Twin Blade or Adept Rogue, characters specializing in using two blades, either shorter swords or specialized blades mounted to the back of there wrists. Twin Blades are able to use high attack power skills. This type is the only one allowed to gain job extensions during the game, but they are such a pain to level up….
Steam Gunner, able to use long range weaponry, good attack/defence balance, but very dependable on ammo.
Harvest Cleric, healers by nature, low attack and low defence, but have high capacity to perform healing spells. Not much of an offence character.
Shadow Warlock or Wavemaster, one who uses magic as there primary weapon. Wavemasters carry only a staff, often a magic crystal or gem embedded in it. Like the previous class it’s a spell user however it especializes in offensive magic even though it can still cast heal. Has good attack but not very good defence. I’ll settle for Wavemaster, he chose.
Next step was to pick a name, this wasn’t a very hard task, in his mind anagrams were a classic so he picked the usual name “Xugoh”.
He was given ten starter status points which he chose to destribute equaly on all options.
Finaly he pressed “Done”, put on his M2D and dived deep into the game.

This intro is way smaller than i was hoping for, but i hope i gave you a better idea of what The World is all about.
I apreciate any comments, praises and critics.

N0thing

so everyone is making a .hack// fanfic. oh and nice prologue. keep it up.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Xugoh

Chapter II

He finaly opened his eyes after diving into the game and his M2D been filled by flashing lights, he was now standing in a large round room. He pressed forward and was amuzed to see how good the graphics were around him and to be able to walk although he could still feal his body confortably sitting on the chair holding the controls.
The room looked like the inside ofa palace the walls made of stone were very detailed, standing in the midle of the room was an orb glowing suported by a rotating platform, he touched it and a menu pop up. “This is the Chaos Gate” was writen on the top, There were several options including log out. “Not a chance!” he thought.
“Thinking of heading out to the fields alone already?” Said a loud voice behind him.
Xugoh turned around and saw the large Heavy Blade wearing a thick armour protecting his upper body, the light coming from the window reflected on the armour and flashed on Xugoh’s eyes.
“N-no! I was just checking it out.” Xugoh replyed.
“Oh, that’s okay then.” He said while he turned around and began his way to the large wooden door.
“Actualy I have no idea where to start.”
The Heavy Blade froze on his feet and slowly turned his head back.
“Don’t know where to start? Are you… a newby?”
“Y-yeah… So what?”
The large warrior smiled, turned to him and rested his hand on Xugoh’s shoulder.
“Have no fear! I’ll be your guide! I was getting bored anyway… :p
“Thanks, I was kinda of embarassed to ask anyone.” He said.
The armoured man laughed.
“That’s alright! Let me just send a flash message to my friend saying that I’ll be busy.”
Xugoh looked confused.
“Geesh, doesn’t anyone read the manuals these days? Flash messages are like mails you can send during gameplay, only thing is that you need for the person on your contact list to be online. A person is added to the contact list when they give you their member address. Oh by the way here is mine.”
Xugoh heard a bell and almost thought someonewas at the door, but instead he got a card on his screan with the face and name of the player he was talking to.
On the card was the name, level and class of the player as well as a few mentions of his likes and dislikes.
“Thanks….. Hukiusho…”
“Weird name right? Well I thought it sounded cool…” He said and then claped his hands. “Lets begin!” He pointed to the two counters by the large wooden door. “The one on the right is a item shop, you can buy or sell items there, make sure you carry plenty around and stock up before heading into dungeons or fields. To the left the most important the save shop, why ist called a save shop? Honestly I don’t know, it’s not like you have to pay or anything… Anyway, you can save there, and don’t ever forget! Always save before going on a quest!”
“What about….” Xugoh started.
“Oh the Chaos Gate… We’ll leave that for later, lets check the town first!”
The two walked outside where the sun shinned on a beautiful orange sky over an ancient stone city, the warm colors could be seen everywhere. The two ran down the stairs in front of the palace and into the city.
The two stood in front of a large fountain in the midle of the square, there they could see the large palace from where they came and around them the streets filled with other PCs visiting the various stands.
Hukiusho cleared his throat. “*Ahem*… Welcome to Delta server Aqua Capital Mac Anu! Also known as the city of Mac Anu!”
Xugoh was at a lost for words, the game was becoming more and more facinating.
“This is a root town, Mac Anu is one of many other root towns, but this is where you come when you start playing the game, so you don’t have a hard time finding someone else at the same level as you.” He looked around a little more before continuing. “Here you can set up stands to sell items to other players, items sold by players some times are more expensive than the ones sold in regular shops, so be careful. Over there is the quest shop, where you can take on missions to win rare items and hopefuly reputation! There are also specialized shops that deal with weapons, armour, and alchemy items. This town also allows you to have an @home”
Xugoh was about to open his mouth when the guide interrupted.
“@homes are like private rooms for guild members, you can only enter an @home if you are part of a guild or are invited by someone who is.”
The two walked around the town for quite some time seeing the scenery and ended up on top of a bridge where they stared at the water, looking at the reflection of their PCs. Every now and then they could hear the sound of girls laughing and guys arguing about levels and weapons.
“I sure love the female Heavy Blade characters <3, it looks like with each new edition of the game the designers make them wear less and less armour, know what I mean? :p LOL” Hukiusho said when a group ran past them.
“Eh eh eh… you’re right….”
“Hey, you know what you should do? You should go to the forums and create an introduction thread, that way you’ll meet a lot more people in no time! I even heard there is a newb adoption agency if you’re interested…”
Xugoh glared at him.
“I don’t like to be called newb okay? But I guess I’ll do the introduction.”
“Good! You should always keep an eye on the forums. You never know when something interesting will pop up in the rumors board! XD”
“I’m done for the day.” Said Xugoh. “ See you again some time.”
Hukiusho nodded and waved him farewell.
Xugoh searched and clicked on the menu to log out. A beam of light surrounded him and he was taken from The World.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back