• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gungrave and King of Fighters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin_TheSwordsmen

Dark warrior
These are two very good and very rated games. Fans are welcome here to talk about what they think of these games and what they should do in later games

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I'd hate to say it, but critics didn't really appreciate Gungrave. It was a decent game, but nothing to write home about. I personally was enamored with it for awhile, due to the atmosphere and the sheer awesomeness of what happens in the game. It's too bad it was too clunky for its own good.

REala728

Website
www.myspace.com
never played gungrave, but kof is the best ^^.. my favorite actually wouldent be a KoF but Capcom vs SNK 2.. best fighting game ever! such a wide selection of characters on both sides... anyone here like max impact?.. personally i hate it, im not into 3D fight games AT ALL

konuk

do you mean street fighters owns kof or the other way around WATCH GUNGRAVE ON TV ITS COOL AND PLAY OVERDOSE ITS fun

Jin_TheSwordsmen

Dark warrior
No it had more into the guy who said Street fighter is better that is spam and no it's not. Kof changes it's self and you never know who or what will be in the game. SF is the same thing over and over again.(btw I like SF but it's true) I usully don't care about spam but your thing was sooooo stupid I have to report it. BTW Gungrave one is the REAL story the anime messed it up. Gungrave Overdose is a sequel that kicks ass.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Jin_TheSwordsmen said:
...the guy who said Street fighter is better that is spam and no it's not. Kof changes it's self and you never know who or what will be in the game. SF is the same thing over and over again.(btw I like SF but it's true)

No, it wasn't spam, and I King of Fighters is just as much the same thing over and over again as Street Fighter. You're just upset that someone prefers something over your favorite thing.

Jin_TheSwordsmen said:
I usully don't care about spam but your thing was sooooo stupid I have to report it.

...kind of like your every post, but I don't bother to report you.

Jin_TheSwordsmen said:
BTW Gungrave one is the REAL story the anime messed it up. Gungrave Overdose is a sequel that kicks ass.

Exactly how did the anime mess up the story? I have played Gungrave and watched the anime, and they happen to go together quite well. The only difference between them is the overall atmosphere. The game has a much darker feel than the anime, which would have been nice in the anime, but it certainly didn't ruin it.

P

PIG.

KOF is Ok, but I pefrer SF (or Tekken if 3D fightness)

They got XI at TGA with a double's cabinet in RI, and I plan on going there... eventually (also a GGXXreload, Rumble Fish 2, SFIII:3rd, (two of them!) and whole lotta Bemani)

But still, the only 2 KOF games I have are '99 and MI (hahaha) and I don't play them very often...

Jin_TheSwordsmen

Dark warrior
Square Ninja said:
No, it wasn't spam, and I King of Fighters is just as much the same thing over and over again as Street Fighter. You're just upset that someone prefers something over your favorite thing.

...kind of like your every post, but I don't bother to report you.

Exactly how did the anime mess up the story? I have played Gungrave and watched the anime, and they happen to go together quite well. The only difference between them is the overall atmosphere. The game has a much darker feel than the anime, which would have been nice in the anime, but it certainly didn't ruin it.

This post your a ball of crap. It just got bigger and bigger. First off the every post of mine is spam clever oh wait I forgot no it's not because I don't. Also here's what I mean about KOF changing it's self. They change the play mechanics, such as how many people in a team if you can have them switch at the fly jump in and attack ect. Also the SF story is always the same(except 3) Ryu wan'ts to become a master fights Bison and he returns in the next game. Also here's what I ment if you did play gungrave and beat it you'd know that alot of the characters were screwed up abilitey wise. Also the ending of gungrave the game is Grave beat's Big Daddy's seed iinfested head and then shoots harry. The ending in the anime isHarry and Grave are looked down in the old bar and are pined down. The deafet them and then after yet another flashback Grave and Harry shoot one another Also the game came first for those who say the game messed it up. Now I know this may not be true Square but I kinda doubt you play half the games you claim to. Also with Gungrave may I point out in the two games Grave only spoke one time...one sentance...three words. The anime he's blabbering on. Finally may I point out that the boss who lives in a dojo has two transformations not 1 and that's it.[/COLOR] Oh and I'd suggest you read the topic opener. It says it's for...FANS

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Jin_TheSwordsmen said:
Also here's what I ment if you did play gungrave and beat it you'd know that alot of the characters were screwed up abilitey wise. Also the ending of gungrave the game is Grave beat's Big Daddy's seed iinfested head and then shoots harry. The ending in the anime isHarry and Grave are looked down in the old bar and are pined down. The deafet them and then after yet another flashback Grave and Harry shoot one another Also the game came first for those who say the game messed it up. Now I know this may not be true Square but I kinda doubt you play half the games you claim to.

First of all, you don't have to be such a douchebag. Secondly, I should have mentioned that I watched a good portion of the anime, but have yet to see the ending. From what I saw, it followed the game faithfully. Thirdly, I wouldn't be talking about games if I didn't play them. Sometimes I wonder if you think that any sort of criticism is some form of attack.

Jin_TheSwordsmen said:
Also with Gungrave may I point out in the two games Grave only spoke one time...one sentance...three words. The anime he's blabbering on.

From what I've seen of the anime, Bradon only talks when he's alive, and even then he really didn't speak all that much. We only see Brandon for a very brief bit in the game, so we really don't get a good idea as to how he acted. We see him almost entirely as Beyond the Grave, so naturally we don't hear him speak much.

Jin_TheSwordsmen said:
Oh and I'd suggest you read the topic opener. It says it's for...FANS

I suggest that you kiss the largest portion of my ass.

suigetsu

LMFAO!!!!!!! omg nice one lol anywayz gungrave ROKS i love the game and anime and KOF never really liked for some reason ...

Jin_TheSwordsmen

Dark warrior
Square Ninja said:
First of all, you don't have to be such a douchebag. Secondly, I should have mentioned that I watched a good portion of the anime, but have yet to see the ending. From what I saw, it followed the game faithfully. Thirdly, I wouldn't be talking about games if I didn't play them. Sometimes I wonder if you think that any sort of criticism is some form of attack.

From what I've seen of the anime, Bradon only talks when he's alive, and even then he really didn't speak all that much. We only see Brandon for a very brief bit in the game, so we really don't get a good idea as to how he acted. We see him almost entirely as Beyond the Grave, so naturally we don't hear him speak much.

I suggest that you kiss the largest portion of my ass.
Ah Square your like a muffin filled with fun. Ok first off you started it not me so who's the douchebag? If you can't guess I'll tell you later. Also even as Grave he talks in the anime if you watch alittle more. Also I find it funny that you failed to state from the very begining that you haven't seen all of the anime. It's a good thing to mention that so you don't seem like you belong in a padded room. Also we argue for hours with no victory in sute but this time I win dude. Your nothing but a kid who's father never hugged him enough and get's picked on at school so yuo come on to forums to feel good about yourself. Now before you try to reverse this on me my dad is dead and when he was alive he did. Also I don't get picked on cause I'm good at shut downs. Finally may I state after I threw down the KOF and SF on how KOF is better you didn't even mention it...I wounder why. Also I have noticed that you go on every video game thread I go on to give me crap. What are you some kind of freakey stalker? MY advise to you get a new fing hobbey then being an ass. So good day sir you lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back