• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gundam Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMax

I know that there's already a gundam seed thread, but this thread is manly going to talk about gundams in general. So, tell us which series is your favorite or you can talk about how they are and etc.

I myself watched every single gundam series that was ever created except for the sd gundam force crap, i personally think its a piece of trash thats not worth glimpsing at. I'm currently working my way up in the manga world of gundam. My favorite gundam series is always Gundam X(for now). Since i have barely read half of the gundam manga out there, i would have to say Astray X is the best.

Aminity

R.I.P. Sh[EX]
G Gundam is my personal fav. But Cundam Wing is up there as well. But what I didn't like was the fact that Heero tried to commit sucide like 8 times, but he never succeded. He even tried it in the movie, and failed

SuperMax

not to offend you but... are you a anime newb? for one to not know about gundam, which is a famous series in the whole anime world. its really funny to find that out.

edit
my apologies if i did offend you, no offence taken?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The original Mobile Suit Gundam was incredible. Despite it being roughly 30 years old, it's still awesome. Remember that part in the movie when Char flies up to the window of the control room of that warship and totally blows the last Zeon noble's head off with a shouldre-mounted cannon and destroys the control room? That was awesome.

0083: Stardust Memories is pretty much the only other Gundam series I have seen that is any good. Gundam Wing was dumb, Gundam Seed is crap, G Gundam is an insult to the franchise and my intelligence, SD Gundam was an abomination, and all the others were just plain boring.

I like this page.

Rincewind

My favourite Gundam series is still 0080: War in the Pocket. Forget all of that silly fighting and "They are too... powerful" stuff that is always thrown around in every, because 0080 is the most realistic and truthful Gundam series about the depiction of war. People are hurt and people die; those are the barebone facts. In war, everyone is a casualty, and it is not pretty at all.

I remember sitting down and watching Gundam Wing and then Endless Waltz all in one weekend, and I must admit that I have never heard as much unbelieveable philosophical bullshít and seen so much unrealistic mecha fighting in my whole life. I still do not understand what draws people to watch and rewatch that series.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
to be honest the only gundams released in australia are gundam wing: mobile suit and gundam seed, but i've only got the first dvd of seed, and seen all of wing, so have to go with wing

Angel's Prayer

Bronze Member
Bascule -Heaven there is not even up to the sky-
Gundam dates back to the 70s and is notable for it's politically complex storyline and not being a super robot anime with campy transformation sequences and color-coded suits. And that's why I like it. When you talk about it, you sound politically profound, and yet geeky!

My fave gundam series is Wing or as it is called in japan, Mobile report Gundam Wing. I especially loved the OVA Endless waltz, but they only had one song playing over and over again. it sounded super annoying in the special edition that combined all three eps into one feature length film.

My least fave is G gundam, although there is diversity, some gundams were plain stupid. This was made around the time Street Fighter became successful.

Seed is the latest series and although the gundams ares tunning, the storyline was a knockoff of the original series and the Zeta series. But needless to say, Freedom and Justice are so awesome!

SuperMax

One thing i don't like about destiny is how they overpower all these suits. For example, SF, for god sake, they gave him a freaking dragoon system man~!!!! They just turned Kira to a new-type for no reason and he doesn't even have it. The worst part is, how are they going to top off SF in eternity(the rumor name for the third CE series). What, they're gonna give him the attribute that akatsuki has? that would just over power kira nd he would just kill everything without even moving.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
^^^Quite interesting

I haven't seen ALL the gundam series but personally,my fav's are Gundam Wing( it wuz my FIRST ever gundam show I watched when i was like....7),G Gundam(it was an alright series).....& of course,Gundam Seed(which I so got hooked on)

Never read any of the manga...so yeah >_>;

BladesofJustice

G Gundam would have to be my favorite, because it seemed a lot more, well not realistic, but it showed that you didn't have to spend endless hours memorizing a manual to operate the dang blsted thing. Plus who yells as if they are attacking and just pulls a switch (Gundam Wing) G Gundam was the most action oreinted and seemed like a series we could relate to. If the gundam's arm got ripped off, it would feel like that in the mobile suit, plain and simple.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
BladesofJustice said:
G Gundam would have to be my favorite, because it seemed a lot more, well not realistic, but it showed that you didn't have to spend endless hours memorizing a manual to operate the dang blsted thing. Plus who yells as if they are attacking and just pulls a switch (Gundam Wing) G Gundam was the most action oreinted and seemed like a series we could relate to. If the gundam's arm got ripped off, it would feel like that in the mobile suit, plain and simple.

G Gundam is like Dragon Ball Z, shallow, boring, and completely retarded.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
PIG. said:
Gundam Wing.

RX-78 "ALEX" IS PWNED BY WING ZERO
Wtf? Alex isn't in Wing. Alex is in War in the Pocket, and gets pwned by the Kampfer, thank you very much. Plus, Wing Zero is vastly overpowered, just like all the other Wing suits.

0083: Stardust Memories is pretty much the only other Gundam series I have seen that is any good. Gundam Wing was dumb, Gundam Seed is crap, G Gundam is an insult to the franchise and my intelligence, SD Gundam was an abomination, and all the others were just plain boring.
Have you seen either of the Zeta series or Char's Counterattack?

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
the best series/movie has to be mobile suit gundam( the orginal series.) and the best movie is char's counter attack... just cause it was pwnage.

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
the best series/movie has to be mobile suit gundam( the orginal series.) and the best movie is char's counter attack... just cause it was pwnage.

I will second that. Movie was an awesome display of drama, plot and action. The original series, though the animations are of lesser quality than today's anime, is a great series nonetheless.
I will have to say though, that after Gundam Wing, they seemed to milk the idea of "Gundam" to its limits and with G Gundam and Gundam Seed not being as quite as good of animes.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Hollow Bastion said:
Have you seen either of the Zeta series or Char's Counterattack?

I didn't really care all that much for Char's Counterattack. I watched it a few years back when the Adult Swim aired it one weekend. It looked okay, but I didn't find it to be that gripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back