• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GRrrrrrrr

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eclipse

The more i read these bad reviews, the worse i start to feel about kh2. i have it yes and i like it, but after these reviews, it's starting to get to me. I hate the fact that magic is almost out of the game, no one uses it. I mean in kh1 you used aeroga constantly, and wizards couldn't be hit with magic, and the thing in wonderland and all that stuff. Now i haven't even touched it, and even if i was to do so, it's so stupid, the second i use cure, ALL my MP goes away, and fire/fira/firaga is just a bunch of fireballs that circle you for a split second. It's extremely-button-smashy.....not like before where you used a combination of magic and melee. Limits-co-ops, drives, magic, that's all flashy and for show. I feel SE really really left something out of the gameplay when they made this game. If they make a final mix, i hope they fix that, i loved how you had to be clever to figure things out in kh1, like hit certain objects with firaga, of freeze certain things, or to fix the fuse box in traverse town with thunder. I mean, here, you can have an I.Q. of 24 and still beat the game by hitting the same button. It 's like the RPG elements have completely gone too. Now that they mentioned all this stuff, i realize it, and it's very true. I almost have to agree with IGN by rating it a 7.6 :(

if you have a hard time agreeing with me, maybe you have to look at it from a non-kh fan's point of view, like i did, and look at it like any other fun action/rpg

Last edited:

Josiah

Quarian Power!
here is a little advice...just ignore whatever THEY have to say...you have the game, correct? well if YOU like it, then that is all that really matters^^ just enjoy it, and let those reviewers just keep talking!^^ i am sure that you know, as well as every other kh fan on this website that kh2 totally rocks!!!

BraveryOfAChild

TwilightSoulKey said:
The more i read these bad reviews, the worse i start to feel about kh2. i have it yes and i like it, but after these reviews, it's starting to get to me. I hate the fact that magic is almost out of the game, no one uses it. I mean in kh1 you used aeroga constantly, and wizards couldn't be hit with magic, and the thing in wonderland and all that stuff. Now i haven't even touched it, and even if i was to do so, it's so stupid, the second i use cure, ALL my MP goes away, and fire/fira/firaga is just a bunch of fireballs that circle you for a split second. It's extremely-button-smashy.....not like before where you used a combination of magic and melee. Limits-co-ops, drives, magic, that's all flashy and for show. I feel SE really really left something out of the gameplay when they made this game. If they make a final mix, i hope they fix that, i loved how you had to be clever to figure things out in kh1, like hit certain objects with firaga, of freeze certain things, or to fix the fuse box in traverse town with thunder. I mean, here, you can have an I.Q. of 24 and still beat the game by hitting the same button. It 's like the RPG elements have completely gone too. Now that they mentioned all this stuff, i realize it, and it's very true. I almost have to agree with IGN by rating it a 7.6 :(

o_o; Who cares about othe people's ratings, what matters is if you like Kingdom Hearts 2, you're the one who's giving Kingdom Hearts 2 a bad, rating. If you don't to feel worse, then stop looking through the reviews of Kingdom Hearts 2, just enjoy the game. Dude, I give it a 9.5 out of a 10, and 5 out of 5, now be happy..^_^ I matter

E

Eclipse

^^ well you see, now that they mention it. They DO have a point. Magic is useless, and it's completely repetitive with teh buttonsmashyness....it's ok, but maybe i expected too much from this game, eh?

BULLETPROOF

there are more people who gave it a good review then bad there are only a couple people who gave it a bad review and by people i mean magazines and sites like ign and gamepro. game informer which is the best magazine in my opinion gave it a 9 out of 10. I Would Give Kingdom Hearts A 8/10 And Kingdom Hearts 2 A 9/10 Although i agree with you magic and summons are completely useless

The main point of the kingdom hearts story is that the story is awesome

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Yeah, I love the game, but everything you just said is true. And everything that guy said from IGN is true. You have to look at the game from a non-KH fan's point of view to see its many flaws.

E

Eclipse

^^ my complaints about the game are as follows

1. the disney worlds at the beginning are useless..they have nothing to do with the story, in fact i totally forgot about roxas and kairi and riku :p. I mean.....they just threw them in there.
2. like i said, magic, drives, summons--useless. I would have loved it if they incorporated it into bosses and stuff. like say you need to drive into wisdom to beat a boss, because his weakness is magic, or say a boss is made of ice, and it's weakness is firaga. Or you have to open up passages with magic spells, or perhaps certain co-ops trigger certain events

if they fixed that, i would give the game a definite 10/10

Josiah

Quarian Power!
hmmm, that does make sense...but i am just glad that i am enjoying the game...instead of finding all of the games flaws, instead...look for the things that ARE good, and make the game fun^^ maybe that will help.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Um... I think that magic is less useful, but I STILL use it sometimes. The guy was wrong with just pressing X. There's still reaction commands, special square button abilities, and of course you need to jump >.>

So far I love KH2 and most people should ignore the fact that there is some ocassion button mashing. It's not repetivie, just you have to make it fresh by trying to use reaction commands, and making use of your abilities. You can make the game without these abilities, but then it's not as fun.

E

Eclipse

Is it just me, or is the game going by really fast? maybe i'm rushing, but since last night, i'm already beat agrabah - 1st visit o_0

it took me way longer to beat kh1....but then again, kh1 had a lot of puzzle solving

i loved that, kh1 had a lot of puzzle solving, it wasn't so linear, like you had to go one place first and then the next one later, but you couldn't go some places without a spell or something.

kh2 = no puzzle solving lol. well i guess what i do like is the drives, the colisseum, and.......yeah......XD

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Exactly my point. The game's waaay to linear. It's just your average "let's get the bad guy" game.

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
Yes, magic is useless, but co-ops and drives arent, they very helpful and i like using them so far, even the crappy wisdom form has a little use.
And don't even get me started on how much i love reaction commands.

summons however, im never gonna use them, ever.

but yes, the game is waaaaay too linear and goes by very a lot quicker than KH1, unfortunately.

BraveryOfAChild

What an idiot. The complaints they make are the same things that dominate many games they claim are good but are incredibly repetitive as well( DMC3 and God of War. Good games but just as repetitive). This is why I hate reviewers. I despise them, I hate the very ground they walk on. And it's not just game reviewers but all reviewers especially ones from America. So this is review doesn't mean anything since most reviewers are technically all Rockstar's little lapdogs. I take this review with less than a grain of salt. Because I know what I like. And the fact they don't like it is going to make me love playing it even more because I know they suffered while playing it.

dark_dutchman

on the fine line between being depressed and being
you could expect this. they said there's going to be a sequel of KH2 and it's going to be better. that was 4 years ago. we've been making the the game in our minds and it looked perfect from there. but that doesn't mean it's going to be perfect. a game could never be perfect to anyone, because it isn't made especially for one person. and the makers of the game aren't perfect either. so it's going to have some flaws, but are you going to let a few flaws spoil a game that you've waited for 4 years? i'm still waiting for KH2 and i think you should be happy with the game you've got.

Dr. Stoopid

Magic ain't that useless if you prefer it over attacking like me. I chose the struggle wand and the wand of the mystic to start. High magic stat and magic booster support abilities. I use it constantly, so my only complaint so far is having only enough mana for roughly 9 shots per charge. Hopefully I'll gain more soon. (Halfway through land of dragons - level 15 / bonus 5)

But the way I see it, it's thanks to recharge that I have to attack more often than I did in KH1, making a better balance of attacks. Hell, that's just me tho... and drive fills faster when MP is empty, so until I get cure, magic is well worth my time.

And drives may be unnecessary, but they're sure as hell a lot of fun. Can't wait til valor has like, 9 guages of time. But ya, the lack of magic affecting your accesability in the environment is a bummer. So far I could get all the treasure in each world's journal the first time I've been there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back