• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~GetBackers~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedRikuChan

Somewhere, exploring all the *exciting* things in
Website
darkartist-psycho.deviantart.com
I was wondering who has seen or even HEARD of Getbackers. Its a awesome anime about two guys, Midou Ban and Ginji Amano, who get back stolen things. It sounds a bit corny, but its deeper than that. Along the way, they fight enimies, make friends, find enimies who used to be friends, make friends of of former enimies, and the like. The manga spans 26 volumes (I think, to date) and the anime is 49 eps. (again, I think.) Both the guys have a special ability that makes him formidable. Ban has the "Evil Eye", an ability that allows him to cast an illusion for one minute, on 3 different people per 24 hours. He inherited it from his grandmother. Ginji, (AKA The Lightning Lord of Infinity[Limitless]Fortress) can generate electricity from his body. Togather, they form the GETBACKERS! Ban has a past with a girl named Himiko Kudou (AKA Lady Poison, whose weapon is 7 deadly perfumes) and her brother, and Ginji was raised in the heart of Shinjuku, in Infinity Fortress. Himiko is a transporter, along with Kuroudo Akabane (AKA Dr.Jackel, who uses 401 scalpels as a weapon) and are hired to well...transport stuff to their clients. They have had two run-ins with Ginji and Ban, and things turned out okay.

So, who else has seen this awesome anime????? ^^

E

Ecstacy

i have anime network(had it since it came to IO) and i love the get backers and i also love gantz lol. but the getbackers is a great show period.

Brian

E

Ecstacy

oh and you also forgot about bans vice grip(i think thats what it is called) has the power of 1000 tons thats what he kills that chicks brother with

Brian

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
1. GetBackers pWnz. Watched it on fansub, been buying the DVDs and the manga ever since they were licensed.
2. Term confusion- there is no GetBackers OVA, TwiztedRikuChan. You mean the animé. :p
There's a difference between Original Video Animation and just regular televised animé series on DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back