• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Genre Classics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We've all heard of them in some shape or form. Those books that come around everyone once in a while and make a massive tidal wave of a splash that forever sets the bar and ultimate standard of their genre. I'm talking about the classics. Those that do their job so well, that you could almost not consider yourself an actual book-reader if you had not read at least one of them.

This is also a thread so I can get a good idea of just what to read, because, personally, I'm trying to now go through pretty much all the 'classics' or at least the very notable ones that appeal to me. A discussion thread is fine too.

Fantasy:
The Lord of The Rings - JRR Tolkein

Science Fiction:
Ringworld - Larry Niven
2001 - A Space Odyssey - Arthur C Clarke

Epics:
The Iliad and The Odyssey - Homer
Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained - John Milton

Future/Alternate Worlds:

1984 - George Orwell
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley

There's certainly more out there, but those are the ones I'm well aware of and have/intend to read.

I've just picked up Ringworld, but I'm going to finish Paradise Regained before I start it.

Back