• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► From Beast to Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackmageAp

Awards
Hello there. I had written this way back when, and found it when looking at an old forum that died. I edited most of it, and thought, why not put it up. I'm always open to all opinions and comments, as they help me to write better, so please, I'd like plenty of them. ^_^ I'll post the first chapter when I've edited it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Prologue
3478, City of Norgin

It was early in the evening that day. The sun was hanging in the sky, as Mr. Lidre went outside to get his paper that he’d forgotten to get that morning. The elderly man in his business coat and pants looked at the sun as it set to the north in all of its pride in the midsummer’s eve.

“What a beautiful evening,” he said as he gathered the paper. He stared for only a little while longer on his green lawn in front of his little yellow home. He looked to his neighborer on either side of his house, smirking at how much they looked like his own home. As he looked forward again, he felt a feeling of happiness overwhelm him. He'd just gotten a promotion, and had been moved to the edge of the city, right next to the forest. He couldn't wait to see what kind of animals he'd find nibbling on his lawn in the mornings. He soon retired to his house once more.

He sat down in his favorite chair and turned on the television. “It doesn’t get any better than this.” The screen turned to the news where it seemed panic had taken a visit to the newscast. There were people running in the background, and the anchor man looked like he was about to pee himself.

“We are sorry to report that the experiment from Hindori Labs has escaped this morning is still at hand!! We are still advising that everyone stay inside while this monster roams the immediate area. We are told that he looks human but can be identified. He has brown hair and eyes, looks to be around the age of 20, is wearing a white lab coat, and is also barefoot. Although he does look human we have been assured that he is indeed a monster that can posses a great danger to all who stand in this things path. If you do happen to see this monster at anytime please do not hesitate to call this number. Hindori labs is offering a reward for this creature, Dead or Alive!”

Mr. Lidre was not shocked to see that this had happened had a calm face upon his head. He thought back to earlier that morning when he had gone to get the paper. It was like any other morning, besides the fact that he'd just got done unpacking. Out of the corner of his eye, he had seen something that had ducked behind his houses wall. He cautiously turned the corner, to see a man, scared and shivering. At the time, he had had no knowledge that this was a beast of any sort. He had thought it to be a normal and homeless man.

He had invited him into his house, to which the man only shook his head, and stayed huddled against the wall. Mr. Lidre eventually had to drag the man by his feet, and was surprised to see no resistance from the man at all. Afterwards, he bathed the mute experiment, noticing that he had many wounds and smelled something fierce. As he did, he noticed that the man sat awkwardly, like a cat on a bed almost. He smiled as the man struggled, thinking how he never had a child, and how much this man was acting like one. He smiled, and finally got the man bathed and bandaged up. He brought him to the dining room, and began to prepare breakfast for the man. As he set the plates down, the man looked up at Mr. Lidre. He almost cried as he said the first words to the old man since he'd been let in.

“Thank you so much sir!”

He soon was able to get the experiment to talk to him, learning of his story. He was a lab subject, a warrior that was breed with attributes of animals and human. He was able to turn into what the scientists called a Blootine: A creature with extraordinary powers that could rip monsters to shreds. He was created to help kill someone, though he could not remember who it was. He was always stuck in a small room, always fighting in another room, and eating in another room as well. He always did the same thing every day of his life. He had grown tired of it. He was only living for the sake of their mission.

One day he had asked what would happen if he killed this person they wanted him to kill. He was told that when he killed the man they were after, he would be cryogenically frozen until the next time they would need him. He was also told that he was never created to live among humans. That it wasn’t possible for him to live a peaceful life with anything. He had then asked when he would be needed again. They told him that it would be well over 2000 years before they had another situation like their current one at hand.

The experiment would not stand for it as he had said. He had ripped apart the door to his room, and started to escape. He killed many people, almost anyone that tried to stop him. But when he had finally escaped, he stood by the wall where they wouldn’t look. And he cried. He had killed innocent people over his own freedom, while also draining them of all of their blood, leaving no chance of survival for those who had tried to stop him. He was ashamed.

Mr. Lidre was a tad frightened, but he was an understanding man though. He comforted the boy, holding him as he cried again. He then offered to take care of the man, telling him that he could teach him how to live among humans. But the man shook his head, and explained that he had no idea how to control his power on his own. He wanted to go to a place where he could learn how to train himself, and then maybe one day in the future, live amongst every other human. Mr. Lidre was disappointed, but he nodded and gathered some things for Jon. He had given him food, new clothes, and a pack that had a book inside. But most importantly, he gave him a name of his own.

“Jon will be your name, carry it with pride, and you will live a good life.” He had shown him the way to the forest, where he felt that Jon would be safe from others, and felt that he could live life well to a certain degree. He could still remember Jon's last words to him.

“Thank you, father.” Then he watched him leave.

He would hide Jon’s secret to his grave. He did not want Jon to be found and be separated from the outside world again. He was happy for the first time in months. He was happy because not only had he helped someone in need, but because he was a father. And that, he would remember forever.

BlackmageAp

Awards
Here's the next chapter. Hope ya like it ^_^

Chapter 1
Greetings
3773, forest west of Norgin

“C’mon now, I know your hiding’ and I’ll find you.”

“And what if you don't huh? What if it finds us first?”

“Well if you keep blathering on about nothing, he will.”

The tiger lie in wait behind a bush to Jon's right, looking upon his prey. It's tail swished back and forth. Jon looked around again trying to find the tiger. He stood completely still and listened closely for any sounds that were emitting from around him. The tiger saw his chance and quickly jumped from the bush towards Jon. Before he even landed where Jon was, Jon had already moved and jumped on him, making the tiger land on his stomach instead of Jon. Jon laughed as he looked at the frustrated tiger beneath him.
“Haha, you’ll never catch me Rob. I’ve known your strategy since you were a child. You should try again tomorrow.”

“Ya know, you were lucky he didn't pounce you today.” Jon sighed and reached for his backpack, pulling out the book he had been given so many years ago. The book was red, and had many symbols on the front of it. As he opened the book, there were many words, equations, and maps inside that anyone alone trying to read the book would find only as gibberish. He turned to page 56, which had a map of the forest they were in. On it, he could see the location of himself, represent by a man with x's over his eyes. There was then a hangers noose over the neck of Jon's represented character, to which Jon gave an annoyed look. He pulled on the holographic noose and made the hologram of him stand on the page. It was only about as tall as his hand.

“Do you have to do that every time I cut it close Gordon?” The character of Jon quickly changed to that of what looked like a biotic man, with circuits running down every part of his body. Gordon looked up at Jon and crossed his arms.

“It's cause I worry about you, ya damned idiot! You need to be more careful, that old man didn't put you under my care to get yourself killed you know.”

Just at that moment, Jon leaped off of Rob and quickly doubled back onto the ground. He looked at Rob to see that he had his three brothers and two sisters on him. They all then got off and came to Jon. Jon let them knock him down and lick his face, throwing the book several feet away. Gordon had a dizzy face on his avatar, but quickly changed it to worry as the sisters came over to lick the avatar. Gordon looked annoyed as he stood there with drool getting on him and the pages. Jon laughed heartily as he watched his guardian get covered in slobber. He thought it fun even though it was a daily routine.

“Hehe, you guys got me. I guess third time is always a charm ain’t it?”

“Why couldn't it have been the forth time, at least then there would've been time to close the book.” Gordon started wiping off spit from the book, turning himself into a hairdryer to dry off the pages. Jon ignored Gordon's fussing and looked up to the sky.

It had been 295 years since Jon had first gotten his name. He had realized that he wasn't aging after Gordon had told him that it had been 40 years since he was given to Jon, and that this was an effect of being a Blootine. Over the years, he had trained his skills with the various inhabitants of the forest. He had learned to control the powers he had and store energy and blood from his enemies to recover wounds. He had also learned to transform from his Blootine stages to himself. He could go from fox, to wolf, to cheetah, his true Blootine form, or his human form. He had grown quite good and quick at it along with his physical skills too, with some help from Gordon.

Gordon was something all of his own to Jon. When Jon had first opened the book, he was quite surprised to see a little man in it. At first, the two got along like teacher and student. He had helped Jon to gain a better vocabulary, and taught him much of the earths history. But as they grew together, they became closer. He was like a friend and a brother at the same time. Jon had become quite protective of Gordon, and made sure to protect the book man no matter the cost.

Though many things had happened over the years, Jon himself had not changed a bit. He still wore the same clothes he was given all those years ago by his father. He had never forgotten that man or his kindness. Every once and awhile when someone would wander into the forest and get lost, he’d try his best to help them. But most of the time, the people were terrified or would faint from seeing a human that could hang from trees like a monkey. Then of course, there were those that decided they wanted to cut down the forest. But Jon would always make sure that would never happen. He would normally destroy any machines that they were using. If anyone was stupid enough to force on him, they would end up no longer able to pass the forest without spazzing out at the sight of it.

The tigers calmed down and started to rest near him, purring loudly as they thought of how to catch him the next day. Jon smiled and started petting some of them. He looked up through the treetops at the sky. Gordon was laying down on a book page also looking up at the sky, smiling as he let the sisters purr next to him. They always had an appreciation for where they lived. Just a small board that had a few branches that made a roof that kept out rain. Jon never minded the winds, for he used those to help train his endurance.

“You know, it’s great here isn’t it? Plenty of shade, fresh air, and no people to bother us or put their buildings here. But maybe, it might be good if one more human were here.” Some of the tigers looked up at him and saw him still staring at the sky. Gordon simply stayed silent and pretended he was sleeping. Jon looked down and noticed their worried stares.

“Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t have a liking for many of them, but I do know that there are kind people out there that do exist. I should know he’s why I’m here today right?” The tigers nodded in agreement and put their heads down. “Hey you just watch. If I ever bring a friend you may like him. Or maybe a her. Well anyway, either way, I’ll get a friend that’s human one day. Just you wait.” The tigers got closer and laid their heads around him.
“But I gotta admit, you guys aren’t bad friends at all.” Gordon coughed a bit, which made Jon laugh and pat the hologram on his head. “You should know that includes you Gordon.” Gordon smiled and fused with the page, basically a sign that he was going to go into solar charge mode.

Jon looked up at he sky once more and then started to fall asleep. One day, he thought, one day I’ll make a human friend. He then fell asleep and started to dream of humans and himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Nu mph, hmmmmm, ozz. Huh? What time is it?”
Jon woke up to a slightly light sky; the sun still making it’s way to the top. He looked at the sky again thinking about how today would go. AS he was hoping that something interesting would happen he realized that the tiger family was not at his side anymore. He looked around but old only see the trees and the open book around him. Then he heard a familiar sound: the sound of a scream.

Jon sighed. He picked up Gordon's book and placed it into his bag. He then set off into the forest toward the sound of the scream. As he did, he thought about whether it was someone who was led into the forest because of a dare or just someone who was actually lost. He doubted it was anyone that had come into the forest to knock down any trees, as it had been centuries since someone had threatened the forest. He sighed and then continued on toward the continuous screams that emitted from the deeper depths of the forest. As he ran though, he noticed that it had been almost 34 years since anyone had come into the forest at all. I wonder why it's been so long....... He then heard the screams getting louder and louder from the fear of something.

“At this rate I’ll never make it. Better transform.”

Jon then quickly changed from his human to his cheetah form. His arms seemed to shrink and his legs quickly did as well, forcing him down on all fours. The fur seemed to puff out of his body, and he felt a sharp pain as his tail quickly sprouted out, and went smoothly through the hole made in the pants. His face stretched back, and he began to feel the senses in his new body change bit by bit. He kept on running towards the site, hearing not only the sounds of screams, but some slight growling too. Gordon's voice suddenly popped up from the bag.

“Jon, you don't think, could it be, the tigers have found this screamer?”

Jon put on more speed as he tried to get towards the site. Knowing that the tigers could put someone in danger caused more worry than Jon had time to think about. Finally, he reached a spot in the trees where he could see what was happening. He looked down to see a middle-aged girl, around the age of 20 or so. She wore a pink small shirt, and skirt that reached her knees and had brownish hair from what he could see. She also held a small dagger in her hands and was looking around frantically. He then saw a tiger leap out form the surrounding bushes. She barely dodged him and hid in the next bush.

“Those can’t be good odds Jon, you'd better help that person.”

Jon looked into the other bushes to see that the other tigers were hiding in the bushes waiting for the right moment to pounce. But then Jon noticed something else. Rob was being extra aggressive. He would swipe at the human girl, and every time he missed her, he would hiss then hide. Now Jon could tell that the others were playing with her as they did him, but Rob was too aggressive for his taste.

“Seems that I'm going to have to teach him a lesson.”

He jumped down, not realizing that he was still transformed, and fumbled as he attempted to land on human feet. As he landed, he surprised Rob a little but he soon reacted, knowing that it was Jon. The girl however screamed a bit more, which made Jon cringe since he was right next to her. Rob swiped at Jon and successfully knocked him into a tree. The other tigers then ran, for they stood no chance against Rob in his current strength and mood. Rob then turned towards the girl. Terrified, she swung aimlessly at Rob. He bit the dagger, and tossed it aside.

The girl backed up against a tree and collapsed to the ground. As she saw her past flash before her eyes, a wolf rammed the tiger to his side: a brown wolf with white paws to be exact. Rob got up and roared at Jon. Jon simply growled a bit, then charged at Rob. Rob quickly slashed back, but instead slashed only the air and was feeling a sharp pain in his paw. Jon had turned into a cheetah again and had grabbed onto Rob’s paw using his teeth. As Rob swiped at Jon with his free paw, Jon quickly backed away and transformed into a human again.

“Rob, you shouldn’t be doing this, leave now, and you will leave with no bruises.”

The tiger only snarled and lunged again at Jon. Jon neatly stepped to one side and came down on Rob with his fists clenched tightly together. He came down hard and knocked Rob down onto the ground with a strong slam. Jon backed up, ready for Robs next move. Rob slowly got up and snarled at Jon again. He then ran for the girl, aiming to kill her. The girl was on the verge of passing out now, if she hadn't already thought that she was dreaming. Jon had not anticipated this but was ready nonetheless. He quickly transformed into his fox form, and leaped, taking the slash the girl was about to endure. Jon quickly recovered form his fall and rammed hard into Rob. Rob rolled a little but quickly got up. He looked at Jon's snarling form, and ran back into the forest, not wanting to piss Jon off even more. Jon looked at the huge scratch on his stomach and sighed deeply. His body seemed to force itself back into his human form as he felt his energy get zapped.

“This can’t be….”

Before he could finish his sentence, he collapsed into a heap of tired and wounded flesh. He landed face up with closed eyes looking up at the sky. The girl looked down in amazement at the man. This man was like a monster, but somehow, not a scary one. He had fought to protect her, even though he didn't know her, or vice versa. He had also taken the slash that surely would have killed her, and he was still breathing. But only just. He needed some serious medical attention, and soon. She silently, poked him, seeing if he would awaken, but he simply layed still on the ground. She slowly tried to pick him up, and found he was quite light. She then ran towards the town she lived in only stopping to pickup a small flower that she was looking for when she had entered the forest.

Last edited:

BlackmageAp

Awards
This is actually like, half of an update. More will come after I have done my work. Dishboy Away! *flies away*

Chapter 2
New World
Norgin, 7:39 PM

“Oi, why does my stomach hurt?”

“Ah Jon! Thank goodness you're awake! Now before you open your eyes, you should.....”

“Ahhhhhh!!!!!”

“Totally ignore me and scream outloud. That's just perfect.”

Jon woke up to find himself not looking at the sky, but instead, an unfamiliar ceiling that blocked his view. Jon bolted himself from his sleeping position, but only found that his stomach gave him an unpleasant welcoming, and was back on his back in an instant. He looked at his surroundings on the bed that he had awoken in. The first thing he noticed was that he was acutally on a bed , which he had not been in for over 250 years, from when he was stuck in the lab. Nor had he been in a building in that case for many years either. He looked around to see that the room was an eerie white, with almost nothing in it. A tray on a counter to his left side held bottles of something foreign to him on a metalic drawer, along with his book on top. But all he really noticed was that there was only a door and a window as his exits.

The window was above his head, but he had no idea if he could stand up or have the strength to break it down, for he had no idea of how to open it. Nor did he know how to open the door. He was trapped unless he wanted to cause trouble by knocking down something. Even if he did, people would be after him, and was in no condition to run or fight.

“This is not good. Why am I here anyway, I don’t remember being anywhere close to here when I passed out.” Gordon stood up from his page on the open book, stretching and scratching his holographic back.

“Sorry to say, but I'm not so sure either. I booted up after the coast seemed clear, but I only saw this room. It reminds me of the old archives of medicinal rooms in hospitals around 300 years ago or so, but they stopped using them due to some patients losing their minds by the plain and simple color. Seriously, you humans are so fragile.” Jon wasn't listening quite intently at all, as his mind wandered to a thousand horrible possibilities. Only one though, stuck out the most.

“Wait, no, could I be in the lab again. No no no! I never wanted to be here, not again! I gotta get out of here! I have to get away!” Gordon sighed and jumped off of the page, walking up Jon's chest. He kicked him swiftly in the nose, making a small bruise. Jon grabbed his nose and looked angrily at Gordon, and yet questioningly at him. Gordon sighed and sat crossed legged on Jon's chest. He made what looked like a tea pot and a small cup appear, and calmly drank from it.

“If we were in the labs again my friend, I wouldn't be here for one. Anyone working here would've put you in solitary confinement. However, this place has a two-way door and a window, neither of which would be in a solitary confinement chamber. Also, that stuff in the bottles is a pain reliever, to which I will teach you how to use once you're up to it. Anyone trying to keep you here against your will, would've done a terrible job. Someone trying to heal you on the other hand, has put you in an almost ideal room.” Jon raised an eyebrow for a moment, then swiftly shut the book laying to his left. Gordon was about to make a certain jester with one of his fingers, but quickly disappeared from Jon's sight.

“I don't care much about any of that. I'M going to get out of here.” He tried to rise a second time, though this time much slower than the first. He was feeling the pain still, but it wasn't as bad now. He finally stood and removed the sheet that had covered him while he slept. He was glad to see that nothing was attacking him. He made his way slowly to the door, then stood in front of it. All he saw was a giant metallic slab that had another odd shape of metal on it. This was odd to Jon, since he was used to sliding doors in the labs all those years ago.

“Hmm, maybe this thing is a button to open it or something.” He tried to push it only to find that part of the metal went in. Jon stood back hoping that it would then open, but nothing happened. He could hear laughter coming from the closed book, and gave it a dirty look, ceasing the laughter. He cursed a bit then tried pushing it again. Nothing happened this time though. He tried pulling it slightly but nothing happened. He was stuck in this room, with a chuckling book, and an aching stomach.

“This is just great, I should’ve let Rob deal with the girl but noooooo, I’m to kind hearted to see someone die. Oi, there must be someway out of here.” He sat next to the door, thinking of what kinda life he would live now that he was living in a giant box. As he shuddered, the door started to jiggle. Jon backed away from the door, and watched it. It jiggled again.

“What kinda monster is on that door? The last doors I had seen just opened when got near them, not jiggle when I touched them.”

“Are you awake in there?” Said a voice from the door.

“Oh boy, it talks too.” Said Jon, as he jumped even further from the door, growling deeply at it.

“Oh nononono, I’m speaking from the other side of the door, if you’d let me in, I have some medicine for you to take.” Said the voice. He was still suspicious, but rose slowly, realizing that backing up as quick as he had was a mistake, as he felt the pain again. Gordon forced the book cover open and appeared. He sat along the edge of the counter, smiling as he watched Jon. Jon then got up and spoke.

“Look here voice. First off, I don’t know how to open it, it's a mystery door or something. Second, how do I know you are not a scientist trying to do research on me?”

“Well, A, you just put your hand on the metal knob and turn it while pulling it towards you. B, we don’t even have scientists in our town. I’m the girl that you saved earlier this morning.” Jon looked suspiciously at the door for a moment, then turned back to Gordon. He flicked his hand at Jon, motioning him to follow her instructions. He sighed and grasped the handle. He carefully followed her previous instructions, then opened it. On the other side was indeed the girl he had saved earlier with a tray of medicine in her hands. She was still wearing what she had on in the forest, along with a bandage on her cheek. Jon stepped back a few feet, then fell to the ground as his stomach began hurting again. Gordon took this opportunity to fuse with the page, leaving the two virtually alone. Jon looked up at the girl as he winced, and spoke.

“Thank you for telling me how to open this infernal contraption. Now if you’ll excuse me.” He picked himself up, and headed back to the bag and the book. As he grabbed them and turned around, he found his path blocked by the girl. He tried moving to his right and left, only to find the girl following his every move.

“Why are you keeping me from leaving. You have already given me treatment for my wound and I thank you for it, but I must go.” He tried leaving again, but still found his path blocked.

“Why?” asked the girl.

“Because, I am in the city where I do not belong,” explained Jon, “If I stay, I will surely be killed.”

“You almost got killed out there sir.”

“Well I can handle things out there, so please ma'am.”

“You don't even know the way back.”

“I can find it ma'am, so please move.” The girl stood to her full height, which wasn't all that tall compared to Jon, and put on a serious face. Even short, she seemed very intimidating as her face turned from cute to angry.

“Well you are not leaving until you are fully healed. NOW SIT!!!” Jon took the command and sat on the bed quickly and quietly, throwing the bag and book down to the floor. The girl smiled again and giggled, which was scaring Jon. She took some of the medicine from the tray and poured some into a cup. She handed it to Jon, who made a face at first. She frowned again, which seemed to change Jon's mind. He grabbed the cup and drank, making another face at the bad taste. When he finished, he stared at the girl.

“Aren’t you scared of me ma'am? You didn't seem to take to well to my transformations back in the forest, and for all you know, I could strike you at any time.” He was surprised to see her giggle again as she took the cup from him and placed it on the tray. The girl took on a more pleasant face, and calmly began to speak back.

“Well, you saved my life, so now I’m going to save yours. I mean, sure I was surprised, but now I think it's cool pretty cool the way you saved me out there. I figured this was the least I could do, you know. By the way, my name is Robin, what’s yours?” Jon looked into her face. She had blue hazel eyes, which seemed to go on forever into an endless abyss. He shook his head a bit, taking himself from the gaze. He faced his legs as he spoke, twitting his fingers about.

“My name.....my name is Jon.” Robin gave a small smile and laughed at his behavior. “The-there's nothing funny about my name. It's what was given to me....”She flicked her hair to the side, as it got onto her face. Jon blinked a bit at her behavior, and looked to the book. It seemed though that Gordon didn't want to give any sort of advice on the situation right now, so he was on his own. Robin set her tray on the ground and sat next to Jon, taking his hand forcefully, and shaking it. Jon decided not to fight back, lest she pull that frightful face again.

“Well Jon, we are going to be good friends alright?” Jon looked at her smiling face. She had a face with both innocence and mystery in it, which almost confused Jon. However, he realized that she had tended to his wounds, and didn't seemed to be a very bad person at all. He smiled back, blushing a tad.

“Th....that sounds nice.” Robin nodded and relaxed a bit, setting her arms back on the bed and leaning on them. She scratched her head a bit, then suddenly stood up. She turned to Jon and pushed him back on the bed, proceeding to bring her face particularly close to his while keeping her hand on his forehead. Jon was sweating and was at a loss for words.

“Hmmm, your temperature is doing better, but you need more rest. I'm going to leave for awhile, so you can rest while I'm gone.” She straightened herself up, leaving the blushing transformer almost speechless. He slowly rose a bit from his position and looked at her annoyed.

“I told you though, I'm fine now. I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.” Robin smiled as she walked towards the door, turning back as she grabbed the door handle.

“Oh I figured you'd say that. That's why the sedative I gave you is pretty heavy duty.” As she finished her sentence, Jon felt very drowsy. His eyelids were barely staying open as he watched Robin blow a kiss, and then passed out on the bed. Robin chuckled to herself and closed the door, walking away through the home. Gordon took this opportunity to let his head appear. He looked at Jon, barely able to keep himself from bursting out in laughter.

“She's quite a woman.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back