• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

free antispyware/virus?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

slinky_pie

Website
www.myspace.com
I already have microsoft antispyware and AVG virus protection, but I need better antispyware because when I did a trial scan it picked up more things than the microsoftAS. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lunar Knight

American Person
Well, if I don't know that you know that spyware is different than a virus so maybe that's why they both picked up different amounts. But, I don't know that you that those two are different things. And I don't have any suggestions, I bought Norton System Works 2006, Personal Firewall 2006, and AntiSpam at the after Thanksgiving sales. After all of the rebates it was free. Again, I can't help you, sorry.

Oh yeah, if you have a genuine Windows computer (unless you already have it), you can download Service Pack 2. It includes a personal firewall and other things. If you are going to download I suggest you have broadband or it will take about twelve hours on dial-up. I had to use dial-up, so I left the computer on downloading while I was sleeping.

Lunar Knight

American Person
You can always turn off the firewall (Which I advise you not to). You can create exceptions if you want something to run if the firewall doesn't let you to. But my Norton Personal Firewall doesn't you from doing things. If the firewall notices something a screen will pop up saying if you want to allow it to run, or prevent it from running.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Virus:
Avast Anti-virus

Spyware/adware/malware:
Ad-Aware SE
Spybot S&D

What you should get regardless:
If you have Windows, SP2
If you get SP2, the built in firewall. This firewall is much easier to use than previous ones I've mess with, such as ZoneAlarm.
Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back