• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Four Paths Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAPLKA teh Bioz

The crossroads have played an important part in the deeper side of Kingdom Hearts. The start of Chain of memories, the start of KH2 (A scattered Dream thats like....), the first KH2 Secret movie, and Reverse rebirth. (Also someone mentioned Agrabah, which would fit.) The Crossroads never meant anything until the end of Reverse Rebirth. Riku was walking with Mickey and they stopped at the crossroads.
Riku: What are you making me Choose now?
DiZ: Will you take the road to darkness. (Pointing Left)
DiZ: Or will you take the road to light (Pointing right)
Riku: Neither.
DiZ: So you'll take the road in between to twilight?
Riku: No, I'll take the way to the Dawn. (Passing DiZ and continuing with mickey)

If you look at it, the Four paths are clear. Light, Darkness, Twilight, Dawn. Taking Light will lead one to the Door to light (Theoreticaly). Taking Dark will lead one to the Door of Darkness. Taking Twilight leads you from the light into darkness forever until oblivion (Because castle oblivion is what Sora finds down that road, and thats the one Riku comes from when he leaves it.). So Dawn is from the darkness and to the light forever until it never was. (Because the only place we know of Riku going after Oblivion is to the World that never was to Fight Roxas.

Look at the Keybearers:
Now, We know Roxas is twilight because he was light, but he forever will go into darkness because of his birth by Sora.
Sora is Light... Duh.
Riku is Dawn, as he took the way to the dawn and continues to light forever until it never was.
Mickey. He's special because if Sora's light, and the other paths are taken it seems that he has no were to go.. Cept the Dead Center of the Crossroads.
We have no Dark other than what we call the UEM. If that was Xehanort, I'd put Xehanort there.

Now for the Enigmatic Soldiers from the Secret ending of Final Mix Plus:
ES: Light, he took the keyblade with resemblance to Sora's
BHS: Twilight due to the resemblance of Roxas, but it's contradicted by the Picking up of the Way to the Dawn.
UEM: Darkness, lust look at him.
FS: She picked up Mickey's keyblade, so I'd assume that she would go in the Center.
Mickey: Again to screw something over, he has the star seeker and he stands there. His place again is taken we'd give him Dawn, but then again He's supposed to be the center.

What we have here is a knot. From were the UEM appears in the regular Secret movie, we'd say dark. But only because of the Angle. The Other two soldiers join ES, so we can assume ES came from Light. FS Comes from what seems to be Twilight. And BHS looks like he came from Dawn. UEM then joining them from the Darkness. The only thing that needs to be decided is which path is which. If ES is looking at the same angle Sora did during Chain of Memories; FS comes in from Twilight, and BHS comes in from Dawn.

Now that I have the theory, we need to decipher what it could mean. I have an Idea; The Keyblade war could be a war of three allied Kingdoms against one kingdom of Darkness. The Kingdom of Darkness is all Darkness. The Four Kingdoms could be Oblivion (Twilight), The Castle that Never was (Dawn), Radiant Gardens (Light), The Darkness is yet unknown, Kingdom Hearts (The Center). Kingdom Hearts could be what the war is about. But Oblivion and The World that Never Was Probably are something Else. They Aren't What they are today, Marluxia could have been the King before becoming a nobody. And for The World that never Was, it could be Sïax, he is always treated as seccond in command when he become a memmer of Organization XIII and TWTNW could just be a large city with a regular name. The four Kingdoms would all war against each other, but later Join forces to kill the Darkness.

What if the Darkness wins? Well, we'd find out were Xehanort comes from. He Could be UEM, and he cuts through and Gets to radiant Gardens before he's killed. Ansem the Wise finds him and helps him. Radiant Gardens Becomes hollow Bastion, throwing off the balance of the Cross Roads. So if there's a Kingdom Hearts three it will be about restoring the Balance Between the Cross Roads. Marluxia would still be the Keeper of Castle oblivion when the Organization gets to them, Larxene probably was a Judge who like unfair treatment. That's why Marluxia and Larxene try to Over throw the rest, so he can get his hands on Kingdom Hearts. The World that never was gets taken over by Superior, BUT Sïax was the king of that place. For Radiant Gardens it becomes hollow Bastion by The Seeker of Dark first, so It's his as soon as he is revived. Then the real ruler is no one. The Darkness Eludes us....

The New Kingdom Heats Project or NKHP, will be about the Keyblade war. If there's a Kingdom Hearts 3 it will be about restoring Balance to the Paths.

That was Tiring......

Sexy Angel
Actually, twilight is more light than dawn... you do know these refer to the light/darkness level during the day? Dawn is closer to night, twilight is closer to the morning, so i beleive that dawn leads to castle oblivion while twilight leads to twilight town...

:huh:

GAPLKA teh Bioz

Well, When it is dawn it soon turns into morning. So if you are forever on a path to Dawn you are forever heading towards the light, but you will never make it. At the End of the path it's as if the path never was (Referance to the World that never was).
A Path to twilight comes out of the light, and forever heads towards the Darkness and at the end of the path is Oblivion.

BECAUSE: Light and dark are on opposite sides. Dawn and Twilight are on opposites Sides. So if The Light leads to before creation it technicaly Never Was. If you go into the darkness for ever you'll reach oblivion. Riku also is walking out of Castle Oblivion, And DiZ points him either Dark or Light. Rikui chose Neither path and continued to the Dawn as he said it himself.
DIAGRAM:
Light
||​
Oblivion======Twilight================Crossroads=======Dawn========????(WTNW per say)
||
Darkness​

He is walking out of Castle Oblivion and is On the Path of Twilight, And Twilight leads to Castle Oblivion.

Last edited:

Xhyuri

An interesting theory, alas, I fear there are some major flaws within...
First, the official translation of the scene you quoted is a little bit different:

Riku: What are you making me choose now?

DiZ: Will you take the road to light — or the road to darkness?

Riku: Neither. I'm taking the middle road.

DiZ: You mean the twilit road to nightfall?

Riku: No...The road to dawn.

Which leads me to one thing.
Twilight per definition can refer to both sunset AND dawn. I do not think Riku was talking about really a different road here, rather, I do think, Riku referred to what he believes the road of twilight to represent.
It is interesting to note, that Sora's choices in the first Kingdom heart result in three different paths based on Tidus, Wakka and Selphie's questions, which are Midday, dawn and night, light, twil8ight and darkness so to say.
Thus, as far as I see this, we only know of three paths for sure, light, darkness and twilight, while dawn seems to be identical with the latter.
More so, there is still the question, what exactly is this world anyway, this world of the crossroad? Is it the same world as in sunset horizon?
In addition, we do not know, where Riku arrived after walking the road he chose. We do know that he eventually came to TWTNW, but it is still a mysterywhat happened to him during his long journey while Sora was sleeping. We do know him to have parted with the king, met DiZ, fought Roxas, but hardly anything more.

And about the bearers, we do have Dark. Mickeys keyblade, as ironic as it may seem, is after all the keyblade from the other side of the door, the keyblade of darkness, the polar opposite of the kingdom key.
The intriguing point is that in sunset horizon, it does not quite fit if we assume each of the knights to have come from a different road. But after all, since we do not exactly know of the nature and location of the sunset horizon crossroad for sure, we cannot yet read to much into it.

And about the speculations you made, what is the ground for your hypothesis?
Just because Marluxia and Saix seem to have a certain amount of power in the organisation, I do not think it is enough to base so much speculation on it.
In addition, since Nomura stated the secret movie characters to be NEW characters, the unknown elder mage could not be Xehanort, even though people seem obsessed with the idea because of the almost exactly same clothing...
Furthermore, I honestly doubt that, after they used the last two games to lead us to the fact, that darkness is not necessarily evil, they will continue to have us face another enemy from the darkness.
It would be really boring and repetitive...

Edit: Ah, perhaps I should not here, that the original Japanese name of Castle Oblivion (boukyaku no shiro) does rather mean forgetting, not bearing the rather fatal connotation, which oblivion does bear.

Last edited:

#5 Lexaeus

roxas wont work since he is part of sora (the only reason he got the keyblade)

so try it this way

their is two kingdom hearts right, one of worlds and one of peoples hearts

so apply the crossroads (light, darkness, twilight, and dawn) to get this

Kingdom Hearts(worlds)
light=sora
twilight=mickey or kairi (not positive which one)
dawn=riku
darkness= mickey or xehanort (not positive which one)

Kingdom Hearts(people)
light=B.S.
twilight=Aqua (F.S.)
dawn=Ven (B.H.S.)
darkness=xehanort

Last edited:

Sexy Angel
Wel, we will probably nvr know... until the next KH game!!!

:thumbup:

Way to Dawn

what about if u look at the keyblades they pickup? that would mean ES=light (picks up soras keyblade), BHS=dawn (pick up way to dawn), UEM=darkness(kinda obvious,even though he doesn't actually pickup a keyblade), which would leave FS with the twilight. plus, if u look at whihc ways they walk up to the crossroads:

DARK (UEM comes from this way)

TWILIGHT(FS comes from this way) DAWN (BHS comes from this way)

LIGHT (opposite dark, and ES comes from this way)

this also corrosponds with what DiZ says at the end of reverse rebirth, if you think about it

Oblivionite

No No No..its like this..

Light: Sora
Dark: Mickey (reason: found his keyblade in depths of kingdom hearts)
Twlight: (twilight means both, and the person for this has to be riku, because he has dark powers and uses them for good)
Nothing: Xemnas (remember what he says in kh2? "if light and darkness goes on forever, then nothing must so do to.)

oh yes and dawn..dawn is twlight..

Last edited:

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Yes, dawn is Twilight but only in the rising form. The setting form is dusk. Most definitions say that Twilight is dusk and not dawn also but they are wrong.

And please don't use the names Aqua and Ven until we get valid resources. Just use FS and BHS.

grim5.0

In Kingdom Hearts in other words the universe
Hmm.. (grim thinks) The old guy in the Secret ending in my opinion has nothing to do with Xehanort. The paths they were walking on could have been what happened in the past before all the grass grew. The Key Blades that are in the ground in the first Secret KH2 movie don't matter, who takes which keyblade. I think it was just supposed to show, who might have been the previous masters of those Keyblades. The soldiers picked them up because those particular Keyblades might be more powerful than all others. If you'll notice in the Secret movies none of the Key blades have there chains attached. I think there might be meaning there.

btw long time since I've posted last so my post will be a bit screwy with grammar correct me where I am wrong

GAPLKA teh Bioz

Well, Maybe the ones with chains are the ones that have owners, Or maybe they're ones that have a chosen path. They Could be fake.

And Dawn and Twilight are opposite. Dawn forever goes to light, Twilight forever goes to darkness. They are opposites, because In the Dawn it gets brighter. In the Twilight it gets darker.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Yep^ That's the correct definition. I had to look it up to really make sure.

So that means my name is Dusk_Dragon!

Faradin

Would Twilight Town be at the end of one of the paths too?
I mean, if we put the paths like this....
Light( Radiant Garden)
_____________________II
_____________________II
Nothing (Oblivion)=====+===== Dawn/Twilight (TWTNW/Twilight Town)
_____________________II
_____________________II
Dark

And depending on what's in your heart, you'd lean one way or the other on the path of midday...

GAPLKA teh Bioz

In Mid day it's light, so wouldn't that go in with light? And Dawn and Twilight are opposites so they wouldn't go on the same side of the road. Though Twilight Town could be on the paths.

Xhyuri

While I know that Wikipedia is questioned as a reliable source, I still would like to direct your attention towards this definition:

Twilight

Twilight can be either dusk or dawn, period.

Thus, there is no dawn versus twilight.
After all, Riku did not suddenly go the opposite way when he said his last line in chain of memory...

@Athletics Legend: I do think we came to the point where we realized that darkness i9s not initially bad...

@grim5.0: Well, you remember, that there were some sparse patches of grass at the beginning of the first movie?
Thus, it is pretty likely that it is the same crossroad in either past or future.

KH_Finland

Well.. this is may opinion.
From KH (1, CoM and 2)
Sora = Light (because it just is so)
Riku = Dawn (err.. he's keyblade's name is Way to the Dawn)
Mickey = Twilight (His keyblade isn't from the darkness. I think he founded it from Crossroads (that behind the door too ya know?))
Xehanort = Darkness

Secret Ending

Enigmatic Soldier = Light (he wields the same keyblade that Sora wields, lol)
Blond Haired Soldier = Dawn (he wields the Way to the DAWN. lol again)
Female Soldier = Twilight (not the darkness, i suppose)
Unknown Elder Man = Darkness (just look him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back