• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► For I have power.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Visionary
More fans are always welcome. xD I'll probably be posting the 3th chapter soon, I've got some inspiration.

Btw, Lectori, I send you the e-mail. Hope you have time to read some. :3

afrobutt

Silver Member
wow, this is so intresing. I love the way you jump from past to present and such. I also love the complete randomness of the dream.

And I'm dying to know what his power is, and how it's first going to be shown. Like some badass gangster comes up to him, and then BOOM!

O.O

Caffine+ Me= Bad.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter ^^

Cicero

Visionary
Haha, the dream was pretty random at the beginning yeah, but as the story unfolds it'll became one of the most important things. Thanks for the comment!

Cicero

Visionary
Thanks for waiting, and thanks for the support everyone! Here is the third chapter! And you got your wish, All-Star. xD It actually has a conversation in it.

I had inspiration for the story, but I myself feel I lost a bit of writing touch in this one. Ah well, enjoy!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: A wish for Power.

And this is who I get when,
when I don't know myself anymore.

And this is how it hurts when I,
pretend I don't feel any pain.

And this is how I dissapear,
when I trow myself away.​

Parts from the song 'Breath into me' by Red.

Sub-chapter 1: A longlasting Christmas, for I am alone.
Timeschedule: Past, before the dream. Diary date: 24 - 12 - '07 till 31 - 12 - '07

'Christmas, a happy time for everyone, but not for me.'

Cold water ran down his spine, along with a shiver caused by this. He sat under the shower, with only the cold water open. He had positioned his legs close to his body, with his arms rapped around them, and his head leaning on his knees. Another shiver. The locks of his hair were stinging in his eyes togheter with the water, as he didn't want to close them.

Well, to be honest, he hardly could. His eyes were swollen from crying all day.

It was Christmas eve, and he was alone. No presents waiting for him tomorrow. No shining christmas tree, decorated with the love of a whole family. Not that family to enjoy a nice diner with. Not even that dinner. He was alone, with no one to talk to except for his diary, but he didn't want to write. He wanted to talk to someone, not write to a book which didn't even say or write anything back. He wanted real company, a friend, some family.

But there was just that cold water running down his spine. That lonely rasping of his breath, that lonely sound in the room.

He bit his lip; the teeth went right through it. Blood poured out of his lip, and mingled with the tears and water. His eyebrows narrowed, his stare tensified. Anger. Hatred. Dark emotions fought to rule the expression on his face. His hands were fists, his muscles layed as ropes across his body. True, deep agression settled in his mind.

'...Isn't this a freaking holiday?! ...Isn't everybody suposed to be happy?! ...Then what about me?! ...God, this is a holiday in your cursed name! ...Why then have you abbandoned me?! ...Are you just a lie?! ...Don't you even exist?! ...Tell me!

Tell me.

Tell me...why is it just me? Why...'

The anger floated out of his body, slowly, step by step, as again the tears came running down his cheeks. He tighened his grip around his legs and placed his face between his knees, crying.

He stayed there like that for hours.

Till his body went numb due water.

Till his mind went numb due tears.

A few days later, on the 31th of december, Marten woke up with a weird feeling in his stomach. A strange sensation taking him over, as if he could feel something was about to happen.

But he didn't care, he just wanted to sulk in his room for the rest off the day, and maybe go out to see the fireworks when the clock banged 12. He had tried to go out before, but when he saw some other kids from school appear around the corner of the street, he scurried back in.

Today was different, however. His bed was cold, as if it drove him out. His food tastes horrible, as if it punished him not to listen to his instinct. The sky seemed darker than normal, as if it wanted to keep him inside. And so he did, he stayed in. He sat down at his desk and grabbed his diary. His friend.

31 - 12 - '07​
Dear Diary,

I want power.

Yours sincerely,

Marten

That was it. That was the only thing. Marten shook his head in disbelieve. Did he wrote that? Why did he do that? What power? And why did he want it? It riddled him.

'Maybe it has to do with that feeling. Maybe there is something inside of me or something...'

Marten conversed in thoughts, as his face looked puzzled.

'Now that I think of it, what do I want? I've never really fought about it I think. Just a friend would be nice. Maybe even that power, it could help me with a lot, although I don't really know what it means.

This was such a weird anomaly in his live that he kept thinking off it all day, staring at the page of his diary, as the candle on his desk slowly burned in the pressing silence full of busy thoughts.

Sub-chapter 2: A wish granted.
Time schedule: Past, after the dream. Diary Date: 01 - 01 - '01

'AAAHHH!'

The boy woke up screaming. His brown, wild hair stood in all directions. His shirt was soaked with sweat. He grabbed his heart with his left hand, as he tried to calm himself down by breathing slowly and controlled. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. Calm. Yes. Good.

A sigh slipped through his broken lipps, a shiver surged through his body. What a weird dream. Or was it a nightmare? Wait. What was it anyway?

The boy focused his mind but he couldn't remember. He did feel strange though. Not like yesterday, but more...he couldn't point it out right. It felt wonderfull. He felt better then he had in a very long time!

'Outside. I need to get outside.'

A grin split his face, his body was so full of energy. He just couldn't stop laughing.

He ran downstairs and grabbed a quick snack. Whereafter he put his clothes on and ran to the door. He opened it and jumped outside, into the pure-white snow. It seemed to have snowed all day. With haste, he went back inside for an old jacket. That jacket had some holes in it but it would be enough for now. His body would be warm from all the energy running through it.

The center of the town was pretty quiet as it was still early in the morning. A thin layer of mist layed over the city as a soft woolen blanket. Birds still ruled the streets as the first few people started to show their faces. The clocktower began to bang. Once, twice, eight times in total. This was the sign for the stores to roll up the curtains behind the windows and open the shops.

Marten strolled through the street, quietly mumbling the words of a song. The stupid grin was still on his face. He stopped when he saw some birds right in front off him, fighting over a breadcrum. The owner of the store where Marten stood came out to hang up an addvertising sign. He almost tripped over the birds.

'Go on, stupid birds, go find your food somewhere else!' The man shouted irritated.

Marten shocked up from his trance when the birds flew up. His eyes grew big.

'No! don't go away!' He begged as he stretched his hand out to the flying bird. Right at that moment he heard the noise of breaking glass and a scream. He quickly looked to his side. The shopowner had jumped through the window! His whole body was covered with scrams and a big piece of glass had piered his left leg.

'Ahhgg...' The man mourned.

'Sir, can I help you?!' Marten quickly jumped through the window.

'Ugh, no, go away...' The man mumbled.

Marten came closer, worried.

'Stay away from me I said!'

Last edited:

afrobutt

Silver Member
Good chapter, just 2 questions

1) Is the dream he woke up from in Sub-Chapter 2 the dream from the prolouge? Or a differant one?

2) Who says that last line?

Besides that, quite superb.

Cicero

Visionary
Oh, yeah, good you say it. Forgot to put the note on it. The dream was indeed the one from the prologue. And the last line in the shopowner, I'll make it a bit clear, wait a moment.

Edit: So, that's better.

Thanks for the comment!

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Good, that's some good reading. I haven't read another fanfic since... 2006! This has been the first in years!

Cicero

Visionary
I'm honoured to write that first fic, SD. Thanks for the comment! ^^

But seriously, this thread has almost 200 viewers and like...5 people who actually posted a comment...

What's the matter boys and girls?

Cicero

Visionary
Ugh...when I read it again...so many spelling mistakes! I did say I lost a bit of touch beforehand so please don't be mad. xD

@Darkness Princess: Tackles? O.O

@Lectori: Yeah, that might be it...

In any case, thanks for your support! All of you. ^^

Btw, still don't know if I spelled 'surged' right... xD

Cicero

Visionary
1. I've had the best weekend of my life! And the best inspiration bomb I ever had. I just couldn't stop writing! So here is a part of the fruit that was formed by that inspiration.

2. The feel of this chapter is pretty much different than the rest of the story, but I think its for the best. It is also a bit shorter than the past ones...I tried putting in 3 sub-chapters, but I couldn't do it, my mind is blocked at the moment. I'll use the thoughts for the third sub-chapter for the next post. Hope you enjoy this anyway!

3. OMG, this thread is on the second page! For the first time! Horrible!

4. Let's start then! =D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: Awakening

Sub-chapter 1: A purpose to flee?
Timeschedule: Past, after the dream. Diary Date: 01 - 01 - '01

'Heey look, its Marten!'

One of the youngsters said as the group of schoolkids came walking into the scene.

'What did you do this time, stupid?'

Another boy troubled. The kids surveyed the scene: A broken shopwindow. A man, mid 40's, laying in the store, covered by glass, his left leg pierced. And then Marten. Stupid Marten, with that silly grin on his face, not able to progress everything that just happened.

'Look what happened to the shopowner!'

A girl screamed with a scared look on her face. She tried to suppress a yell by placing her hand before her mouth, but failed miserably.

'Is this your doing, Marten?! What the hell is wrong with you?!'

The first boy shouted, as Marten finally came to his senses.

'No...No I...I didn't do anything!'

He stumbled on his words, trying to defend himself.

'Yeah, as if we believe you! There is always something weird going on when you're around!'

The kids of the group stepped forward, threatening. A third boy took the word.

'Go away, Marten, and let us help the man, or we will make sure you won't be able to do anything like this, or anything other weirds ever again!'

Marten doubted, still confused. He sought for words, but couldn't find any, as if even those words were mad at him too.

'Now, Marten!'

Marten began to walk. Foot for foot, step by step, while mumbling, more to himself then to the others.

'I just wanted to help...he just fell...after the birds flew...'

'Birds? What are you talking about? You really are strange!'

The second boy shouted in his face. Marten began too ran, he didn't want to hear it, but the boy continued over his shoulder.

'And don't think we will forget this, weirdo!'

Marten ran away, away from all the kids, away from what happened. He ran away like he always did when there where things he couldn't understand or there where things he feared.

He fled, with tears in his eyes and his sudden happiness of the morning gone like snow in the sun.

But then, as a first beam of light suddenly pierces the half-darkness of an early wintermorning, so pierced a sudden thought his mind ruled by denial. He stopped in his tracks.

'I can't keep running forwever. I have to take responsibility and help the man.'

Sub-chapter 2: Awakening of colors.
Timeshedule: Past, after the dream. Diary Date: 01 - 01 - '01

In the middle of the long north street, the main street of the little town, a young boy stood in the midst of the beginning day, as if turned into stone. He stood straight up, with just his knees bend slightly. His head hanged between his shoulders, his chin rested on his chest. Strings of hair covered his face. His eyes where closed.

Now I would have gladly told you that this boy was a normal kid, a normal middle-schooler, but unfortunatly I cannot.

This was the kid who lived alone at the end of the James Blackwood lane. This was the kid who lived in the old decayed house of his late parents. This was the kid without parents or friends. The kid who was bullied and pestered all his life. Who stood alone in this world.

But change was upon him. For he had found his power.

That change settled in his body, his mind. It began slow with just one thought, but grew quickly to a vast basis. It settled in every vein of his body, took over his consciousness, his mind.

His confidence grew, his willpower grew, as his fears, his sadness, and his emptiness fated away. His true self was awakened, he once again remembered whom he was. He had come home. He had entered the body which he had seen as an empty shell for so long, and opened a way to his forgotten memories. A way to himself.

The street around him came to life, seemed to breath. The air near him vibrated, like the heated air around a huge campfire. It whispered, was filled with long forgotten memories of people who once lived here.

Marten could see it, hear it, feel it, these memories. He noticed every living thing that had ever passed the point where he stood. He felt the life streaming through the earth, the air, the buildings. Everything was so lovely, so full of that life.

His head raised. His face expressed determination. His body was engulfed in power. His appearance emitted a faint light.

The world stopped. For one second the whole world stood still, seemed to hold his breath, waiting.

The boy opened his eyes.

His footstep echoed.

The world continued.

Sub-chapter 3: Punishment
Timeschedule: Past, after the dream. 01 - 01 - '01

God, if they only knew. If they had only known what was going to happen to them...they would've never left their beds, but would've been shivering in the corner, with their blankets over their heads. Yes, if they had only realised...

It happened so quickly too. The group was just helping up the man, and one had already called an ambulance, when suddenly a figure appeared behind them. Out of no where, without making a sound, a kid appeared...Marten appeared. In the middle of the street he stood, his face looked dark. A grin split his face, but it was not normal. Evil. Yes, that was the word to best describe it. He looked like a demon, the devil. His whole body emitted a faint light, a feeling of darkness.

'Ma-Mar-Marten..! What are you doing here?'

A boy stumbled, definitly scared. The rest of the kids turned their heads in the direction the boy was pointing, their eyes grew big. The two girls who had kneeled next to the man, slowly stood up, the glass slipped through their fingers.

'K-ke-keep him away...away...him...'

The shopowner mumbled under his breath. One of the boys looked at him, then turned his head back towards Marten.

'What is wrong with you man! Freak! Leave us alone!'

He shouted, his voice changing from low to high because of the fear.

'Silence.'

One word. One devastating word. Marten had only whispered it, but the word soon grew in power, jumped at the children, sealed off their throats. The kids put their hands around their throats, and tried to shout, to scream, but nothing helped. Nothing, not the slighest sigh, left their mouths.

And that was not just with the children. It seemed as if the whole world was dumped into silence. Not a single sound or noise could be heard.

The grin on Marten's face grew bigger, and he soon started to laugh. A horrible laugh, filled with hate, with anger, filled with pure bloodlust.

He raised his hand and made a sound of a 'click' with his fingers.

Again, and again.

As one by one, the kids grabbed their hearts.

As one by one, the kids collapsed.

...never to stand up again.

Last edited:

afrobutt

Silver Member
awsome chapter, the plot thickens :3

just one thing i felt the need to point out (feel free to tell me to back off with the corrections)

'Go away, Marten, and let us help the man, or we will make sure you won't be able to do anything like this, or anything other weirds ever again!'

besides that, looking forward to the next chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back