• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Flame (working title)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madam Lyssa

Not sure if I live in my house or at my band room
Maybe
So this is just a bunch of crap i made up, haha. so read and comment and love it, please, it needs love!!!
first up is Zexion, with Larx. ^^

“I just wish you had a heart. That’s all I ever wanted, Zex.”
I close my eyes in frustration, then open them and look at her.
Alli, please.
“I don’t want to see you anymore. I just…I can’t take it, Zex. If you’re not at work, not looking me in the eyes, you’re here with me, but still not looking me in the eyes. I can’t stand it. I can’t look at you and pretend you still feel for me when you don’t. I don‘t want to do this anymore.” I say nothing. I am sure that if I still have a heart, wherever it is, it is breaking. Alli takes the thin silver band off her ring finger and places it on the ground in front of me. I stare at the ring on the ground like it will bring her back to me.
No. No, no, no, no, no.
No.
She turns and walks away from me. Never looks back once. Just keeps going, her shoulder length hair bouncing with her, making me want to scream out her name like a child, no, Alli, I’ll get on my knees, my face, anything, don’t leave me, please. Please.
But I can’t. Because I can’t feel. Anything. If I try, it will sear me like flames.

Living hell.

“Hollow Bastion. A broken world.

“I’d been sitting in the coffee shop for three days, two o clock every day, waiting for the rogue to appear and start the screams. She’d come in every single day. She would always buy two coffees and sit inconspicuously near me, the extra coffee steaming inches away from me. It wasn’t until the third day that she boldly sat across from me, at my own table. She slid the extra coffee toward me, then took a sip of her own. I had stared at her until she smiled and her eyes lit up like fireworks. ‘Aren’t you going to drink it?’ she laughed. ‘Don’t waste my money another day.’ I’d taken it and sipped, then said ‘thank you‘ like a good stranger. She’d smiled at me.”

My God.

Four hundred eighty third day without Alli. I can’t help it. I was always obsessive compulsive, even before this. I spend my life in the lab, eat, sleep, smoke, drink in the lab. I can’t ever go home, because I feel the pain, burning a hole in my empty chest. People come, go, come, eat, drink, smoke, go, come, go. I don’t notice. I focus on breathing. In, out, in. Out. Out. Out. If I find my heart, on my own, maybe Alli will come back.

Even if I saw the paper. So what? That won’t keep her from coming back, will it?

Yes. Yes it will. It will stop her. Cold.

Just like the accident. Breathing, in, out, in. Out. Out. Out.

I have to get away. Demyx won’t stop telling me that.

A week later the rogue appeared. I chased it into the slums as it ran clutching a dead house pet in one claw, a gun in both my hands. I’d always been a steady aim with pistols, but as I’d aimed for the death-point a blade sliced the very spot and the rogue slid dead to the ground. I whirled to face where the knife had come from. She stepped out of the shadows, a huge grin on her face. ‘My kill,’ she’d said. I’d shaken my head, a slow smile of disbelief spreading across my face. ‘I don’t think so. I need this thing.’ She laughed. ‘So did I.’ We stood awkwardly for a moment, then she lunged, knocking me to the ground. She and the nobody were gone before I’d hit the ground.

“I’d cursed her, whoever she was, and gone back to Ansem’s labs empty-handed.”

So I go to the beach. The beach is okay. The sun’s too hot. The birds won’t stop squawking, fighting over crumbs thrown. Children run around, squealing and laughing. Explicit lovers writhe in the sand.

Hot. Hungry. Apparently sand is kinky now.

I will not go back to the beach. Ever.

I’d never expected that the next target would be her. Just because she was part of a rival lab.

“I’d never gotten my feelings in the way of my duty. I’d always prided myself on keeping out of the emotional world of drama. Not anymore. I’d waited in the coffee shop and sure enough, she came, a big smile on her round face. She didn’t seem to notice that no one was moving, that time had stopped for everyone but me and her. She didn’t buy coffee, just strolled on over to the table and plopped in a seat.

“I held up the gun, hand trembling, aimed at her collarbone.

“She went stiff immediately, her eyes widening like a doe’s before a car’s headlights. I couldn’t stop my hand from shaking. Her mouth opens. ‘Shall we get this over with?’ she’d said lightly, but I could see that she was shaking too. ‘Don’t I get a last cigar? She’d giggled hysterically. I couldn’t do it. Not her. I stood suddenly, throwing my chair into the wall behind me. I slammed the gun down onto the table and strode out of the shop.”

Larxene visits today. I can never tell with her. One day she will act interested. The next she will hate me. Sometimes she even smiles.

Today must be a pity day. She leans on the counter and puts a hand on my cheek, her green emerald eyes unusually soft. Xemnas must have told her. He was the only other one that knew about Alli.
Larxene makes an offer I cannot refuse. I spend the night in her house. The four hundred eighty-fifth day without Alli is the first day I spend the night anywhere but the lab, catching as much sleep as I dare on the cold table, the keyboard of the computer desk, in a chair. The first day I sleep hard as a rock since the accident.

Just keep breathing. In, out.

Larxene’s acid smile. I dream of Alli’s eyes, warm liquid brown smiling even if she wasn’t. Those liquid of brown closed forever. I wake screaming and Larxene is there. I burst into tears, the first tears since I lost my heart. The flames roar to life, burning my insides and I sob with the pain of feeling. Larxene pats my forehead like a good little boy, just let it out, you weren’t strong enough to hold it in anyway. I weep like a child.

I found her the next day. Outside the market, sitting on the wall overlooking the slums. She was sketching the run-down houses. I’d touched her shoulder. She’d jumped up, staring at me, waiting.

“‘I’m sorry,’ I’d said. ‘I just… couldn’t do that to you.’

“She’d smiled and held out the gun I’d left in the shop. At that moment it began to rain. She’d laughed and grabbed my hand, dragging me to her house. We’d known what we were doing. We were tasting forbidden fruit. But it was so good, neither of us wanted to stop.

“She’d kissed me first, and I’d kissed her back. We didn’t stop there.”

Today is a hate day. Not necessarily at me. Larxene snarls and bares her teeth and curses and throws heavy objects across rooms. Axel is ignoring her again. He only talks to her because she’s interested. He only feels sorry for her.

“You only feel sorry for me,” I point out. Larxene’s mouth drops open, closes, opens again. Closes again. She just stares at me. I don’t blame her. I haven’t spoken a word since she made the offer I could not refuse. She grabs her knives and storms out the door. I watch her walk down the path, a small stream of electricity rolling between her fingers. I go to my borrowed room. I lay on the bed. I stare at the ceiling.

“I’d had to see her. Every single day after that. I just couldn’t stay away.

“And then the incident happened. I’d lost my heart, and after that…we were never the same.”

I force myself to stop counting the days. I throw away the picture in my chest pocket. I burn the newsletter. I sit in the living room and talk to Larxene in her white tank top and khaki shorts. She always likes to rebel against the Organization code. She is still in hate mode, but she will listen to me talk about Alli. I tell her everything.

The day we met. The day we were caught together in the rain. Every kiss, every touch, every thought we shared, I confessed to Larxene, sobbing. Finally she sat on the couch next to me, her slender white arms around my chest, over my arms. Her cheek rubs against mine and I turn and press my mouth to hers, searching desperately for something, anything to make me forget. Maybe she is surprised, maybe she understands, but she returns it, kissing me back just as frantically, her fingers dancing over my face, and we go down together into the ocean of darkness.
HB Today

Local Receives Fatal Wound in Gummi Accident

A gummi ship crash that occurred late yesterday night resulted in the death of nineteen-year-old Alli Webbs of Hollow Bastion. Alli Webbs was on board with a number of passengers en route to Twilight Town when a large meteor was knocked off course by unknown forces and slammed into the ship, sending the pieces hurtling back to Hollow Bastion. Miraculously enough, the other passengers survived with either minor or moderately short-term injuries. Crime scene investigators are looking into what exactly caused the death of the only Hollow Bastion resident on board. Locals claim that Alli was “a kind-hearted girl, with no reason to die.”
More on the story in page A12.

“If only anyone could have gone in her place…there was just no other way. If only I could have died in her place… if only I could have saved her, stopped her from boarding that ship…if only, if only…
“If only I’d never met her…maybe I would have never been hurt like this.”

I wake first. Or at least I think I do. I roll over and Larxene is gone. I sit up.
She is having a hate day in the living room when I come out. “Why?” she wails. “Why are you so-” I cut off her shrieks with my mouth.
“I’ll meet you at the coffee shop in Hollow Bastion. See you there.”
I loved, she loved. I died, she died. I hurt, she hurt.
Why not?
Maybe we can fix each other. No flames attached.

--End Maybe
7:47 pm
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Flying Wolf Productions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back