• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIII, Info and trailers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasygurl1227

I'm not normal, thanks for noticing
FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII EXTENDED TRAILER
Gametrailers.com - Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Dengeki Special Edition Trailer
This game is supposed to be very dark, and very tragic like the opposite of Kingdom Hearts.
The main character, who kicks major a$$ and is so awesome that he may be able to reach the standards of Cloud, is one of the remaining ancient kings who is protecting the last crystal from the "heretics". His name is currently being RUMORED as Storm (XD STORM CLOUD)
There is no information about what this last crystal is or what it does, only that Storm (i'm just using this name for now) is connected to it, and can used its powers, and sometimes these powers can change his eye color such as, red, or possibly green.
There is also a scene that is not shown in the trailer, where a white hooded figure entering the building he dwells in, this person is presumed as a female character but it has not been confirmed. Some believe this hooded figure may be his child hood friend (who is a girl). As too what happens, I don't know, that part of the trailer has not been released.

FINAL FANTASY XIII EXTENDED TRAILER.
Gametrailers.com - Final Fantasy XIII - Dengeki Special Edition Trailer
This game is a lighter game compared too Versus XIII, but don't think its all smiles either. The main character in this game, who also kicks a$$ with impressive gunblade action, is an elite officer who has somehow lost her memory, (I know it somewhat sounds like a female Cloud xD) But since she doesn't remember herself that well, she calls herself Lightning, (LIGHTNING STORM, yeah Nomura has fun with this) Anyway, she obviously has some friends who are helping her out so she's doing just fine for her current situation. The world they live in is called Cocoon, which is a sanctuary in the sky, but Cocoon is not the only part of the world, there is also Pulse, which is the outside of Cocoon. The people who live in Cocoon depend on the power of the crystals to provide them with power and energy, but not just those things, the crystals also provide living organisms and water. The government of Cocoon has come up with this strange idea that some people can disrupt the crystals and they will cause their land to fall from the sky, so these people are banished into Pulse, Lighting is one of these people, but she is fighting to stay in Cocoon and find out what is really going on.

These games look amazing, and according to square-enix, they are trying to reach back into the FF7 days, and bring that feel of gaming back into action. So it looks as though FFXIII and Versus XIII are attempt to reach the amazing status of FF7 again. Judging from what i've seen, they might have a shot, but its too early to tell. I'm going to buy both games though, no doubt.
So what do you guys think?

S

Shadow Soldier

I'm not sure if there is a thread in the Square Enix section about this, so I will just move this thread there, and when I move it there, I will check to see if there is a thread, if so, I'll link you to it and close this one :)

http://forums.khinsider.com/square-enix/79750-official-ffxiii-thread.html

edit: there is a thread, its for all things related to FFXIII, post this info in there if you want, if it hasn't already been spoke about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back