• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Final Fantasy Legacy: The Esper War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
Prologue

There was once a prosperous land named Magicia. It was a peaceful kingdom protected by the espers. The espers were godlike creatures with breathtaking powers. They were created by the Gods to keep the worlds of darkness and Light in check.They all had opposites that ruled in the opposing lands. Each had a crystal with their power. There were 14 main espers. Addremalech,Belias,Mateus,Zalera,Exodus,Shemhazzai,Famfrit,Cuchuulain,Hashmal,Zeromus, and The most powerful 4: Bahamut,Chaos,Ultima and Zodiark. They were the espers of light. The espers of the dark were not evil but infused with darkness.

One stormy day a mysterious man rounded up the espers and started a war between the espers. Espers from the light and dark were fighting against each other. After a month the war has started to affect the weather and the balance of light and dark. Fire, and Ice fall from the sky. Mounds of earth rose from the ground. Thunder and water rose from the ocean. Darkness and Light mixed.

Chapter I: Quest

Princess Sara looked over her window. It was a sunny, yet cloudy morning. The world looked so chaotic just from her window. She wanted to escape the palace walls since she knew about the balance,the war, and the espers. A mysteriois white haired woman appeared in the room. Sraa jumped when she saw her.
" Who are you?"
" I am celia, guardian of the crystals, the balance, and the knower of the espers. I work for the light."
" Why are you here?"
" You have been chosen to fight for the balance. You are one of the warriors of light"
" Me a warrior? I know how to fight,use magic and be sneaky. But I am no warrior."
" It has been in the prophecy. You must hurry and pack. We will go to Valius, The holy city."
" OK,Celia."
That night they sneaked out the palace. Celia had a boat. They were going to take the harbor the Velius harbor. Then they would walk to velius city.

Sara walked to the harvor and saw a large wooden boat. It was ornate and covered with jewels and tapestries. Sara was amazed. Celia grabbed her hand and ran onto the boat.
" All ready to go to Velius ON BOARD NOW"
The ship left the harbor and Sara looked at the shiny blue waters of the ocean. Suddenly they shool and tentacles rose onto the ship. It was a mutant octopus, It attacked sara and she dodged him. She said " Thundaga. Sparks rose around her arms and hit the octopus. Celia took a feather from her dress and threw it. It transformed into a dagger that stabbed a tentacle.

The octopus hit Sara in the stomach but celia healed her. Sara smiled and summoned Ramuh. A large spirit appeared. A man on a pedestal appeared. He released a shower of bolts and thunder spells. Celia jumped on the octopus and took many feathers from her dress. She threw them and they stabbed the octopus.

" Sara, finish him with a thundaga spell."
"Ok.THUNDAGA"
A large wave of thunder shocked the octopus and the water under it conducted the elcectricity. The octopus shook and started to glow. Darkness surrounded him and swallowed him up. The battle was over and they could finally rest. But alas that was just the beginning of their quest.

Next Chapter: The secret and the new hero.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Hmm... action is always fun to work with. Description and dialogue would still need to be the same quality, maybe better.

Try to draw in new readers by adding alot of interest. Action for boys, love interest for girls.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
Hmm... action is always fun to work with. Description and dialogue would still need to be the same quality, maybe better.

Try to draw in new readers by adding alot of interest. Action for boys, love interest for girls.

Chapter II: The secret and the Hero

The boat ride to Velius harbor was a long and tough one. After 2 long days at sea, Sara and Celia made it. Sara got off the boat and saw some statues in the distance. They were of the espers.
" How beautiful Velius looks,Celia"
" Velius is a holy city.It's dedicated to the espers and gods. Meaning no mere tourists can go in. That's why we're sneaking in to Velius."
" How exciting, I have never done that before. But why do we have to go to Velius?"
" To find another light warrior. We need to hurry. The light warrior we search for is a priestess that knows more thanthe high priest himself. We are going to take a secret passage near the harbor." Celia took out a map. It showed a cave near the harbor and a cavern leading to Velius.

" We are to take the cave of Mulzian to a the Gargen Cavern. Gargen Cavern is manmade and has a trail. But, we need to be very careful." Sara Nodded

Celia and Sara sneakily walked to the cave entrance. Celia looked around and nodded. Sara went inside the dark cave. Sara took a branch from a tree and lit it. The cave was large and had many passages. Sharp rocks and steep falls were scattered about. Large rocky stairways were carved into the rock and carvings of the espers covered the walls.

" Follow Me. I know the quickest way around the cave." Celia took the torch and touched a wall. The wal shook and it opened revealing a long hallway. Sara entered the narrow hall. It had the odor of a decaying body and had many weird animals. Sara continued and stepped on a rock. It didn't feel like a rock because it went down. Suddenly a wall opened next to Sara.

" Princess, it looks like you found the next room." Celia stepped into the room and saw the slopes. They had briars and on the ceiling were stalagtites. Rocks lined the slopes and at the top was a large door of wood. The princess was awed at the sight of the amazing slopes but wondered how to get up.
" You see that door?"
" Yes celia. What about that door?"
" It's the third to last room before we reach Velius."
" Where are we going to end up."
" In the town hall. Don't worry at night it's always empty."
" Oh thank you. but we need to make sure first."
" Sure as long as it adds to he excitement."
" We are already in the cavern celia?"
" Yup, after that long hallway we reached the cavern."

Celia puched a wall and it opened. It revealed a large lever.Sara knew there was a way to get up those slopes. Celia pulled hard and the slopes released sturdy,stone steps. Sara ran up the steps and after a few minutes they reached the top. Sara tred to open the door but it didn't budge. Celia tried too. Sara told celia to step back and casted Blizzaga. A flurry of Ice and Wind hit the door. Crystals of ice pierced the door and it froze. Celia took a sword out of its sheath. She slashed the door. The frozen door cracked into many icy crystals. Celia and Sara walked into a strange room. There were people chained to the walls telling them to not go into the next room. Sara was puzzled and asked why when she aked a woman appeared.

" I am Reylin. I knew someone was gonna come today. Well you shall die and look the princess is here too, it's double the money for me." Celia frowned and took out her blade and Reylin took out a large hammer. Reylin jumped and whispered quake. WHen her hammer ht the ground a mound of earth hit celia. Reylin smiled an djumped once again. Celia said aeroga and slashed her blade. Waves of wind slashed Reylin. While in midair Sara casted aeroga blowing reylin to the ground. Reylin was furious and outnumbered. She summoned bahamut and told him to do mega flare. The Dragon flew and released a beam of red energy. It flew to celia and the words Reflectga were muttered right when Reylin dissmissed bahamut. The beam bounced off of the reflectga spell and hit reylin. A tremor shook the ground and an explosion followed. Reylin was dead and what was left was her hammer.

" Princess, I think you might need this hammer."
" It could be useful I will take it. First let me free these people." The princess took celia's feathers and used them to break the chains. They all thanked Celia and Sara. Then the prisoners showed them the exit. They opened the door and ended up in the back of the town hall.It was large. With red velvet seat coverings and gold seats. Stained Glass windows, 4 statues of the most famous espers. There was someone in a white robe. It was a priestess.

" That's the girl we're looking for. That's the priestess."
" I guess our search has been cut short."
" Who goes there." said the priestess.
" We seek your help. We need you to join us on a quest stop the war and find out who or what started it."
" You 2 also know of the balance."
"Yes and we need to stop before the balance gets inversed and the world is destroyed by the espers' fighting."

" I tell everyone even the high priest and they dont listen. they say ' the espers will resolve the war themselves' what they dont know is that the balance is fading away.I am Madison the priestess. I will gladly join you. We need to sneak out from the gate at the back of the city. There is an item shop we can go to that has a passage. It will take us under the gate."

" Let's go then Celia. We must hurry."
" Aren't you Princess Sara the princess of the continent."
" I am."
" What an honor."
" Thank you"
" Before we go I must show you a secret room I discovered. It further proves the theory of the balance. " Madison went to the first staine glass window and moed the seat. it revealed a large door. She opened the door and in the room was a large gold wall with words on it.

" This is the prophecy room. Only Marcus and I know about it. That means.."
" Ms. Celia you know about the propechy of the war too. Who is marcus?"
" I know because I work for the gods. I am supposed to keep it as secret as possible. Read it princess only warriors of light are able to read those words." Sara read the words and she read that the light warriors were the only humans that know about the balance and the esper prophecy.

" I know I read part of this propechy. It was in a dream with a white haired woman and a blonde haired man. GASP That was you celia and the man must've been marcus." Celia had a look on her face that said we needto hurry. MAdison sealed the room and took them to the itme shop. MAdison went behind the counter and opened a door on the floor. Celia and Sara followed. They went down a grotto like place and went up a set of stairs. They landed directly behind Velius' gate.

Chapter III: The Crash and the new route.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
Chapter 3 is longer than I but shorter than II

Chapter III

Sara,Madison,and Celia stayed at a vllage near velius. All sara could think about was the esper war. While everyone was sleep, she put on a robe and lit a candle. She walked out the door of the Inn and sat down on the grassy plains. She laid a blanket down and looked up at the sky. She thought about home which was just a shipride away. She remembered about all the passageways celia took. But, was she jut gonna chicken out and leave the world in such a chaotic state? No she knew her destiny was to save her country and the world.

Sara looked at the glimmering starry sky and closed her eyes. She heard a BANG and woke up alarmed. She saw an airship flying around the flames and thunder from the esper war. Suddenly it got hit by a wind blade. The airship slowly started to fall and fell even quicker. Sara ran to wear the airship was around and casted Aeroga. A wind shield formed ariund her. Then the airshi hit herand it bounced off. But it stll crashed. Everyone came running out of their houses. Madison ans Celia saw the crash. Many What Happened and What's going on were asked to sara.

Out of the airhship came two people.
" I am Jean.," said the girl
" I am Dean" Said the boy
" We are a traveling band of warriors."

Chapter III part 1 is this Part II is coming out soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back