• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Final Fantasy 7 song fiction *minor spoilers...*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix Chu

England..land of a thousand..somethings..
I did this one a while ago, just recently found it and thougt "Why not share?"
Just be warned, for those who haven't played the game, there is a huge warning coming up....
So, one would like the comments ^^

Song Fic-‘Final Fantasy VII’
Annie Lennox-Love Song for a Vampire

‘Come into these arms again, and lay your body down
The rhythm of this trembling heart is beating like a drum
It beats for you, it bleeds for you, it knows not how it sounds
For it is the drum of drum it is the Song of Songs.’

Cloud had just taken control of himself back. He had proven to Sephiroth something, but that something…what was it?
But he found her, what he was looking for. Aeris.
Bathed in the warm glow of the sun above, she knelt before him, peaceful and still. So quiet and at peace, it was as if she didn’t know Cloud was about to strike her down with his own sword.
Still standing look at Aeris, Cloud didn’t move, didn’t breath. He focused on her breathing.
Then, Aeris looked up, her sapphire coloured eyes pierced through Cloud. It was as if she could read his mind. He longed to hold her; Cloud went through so many scenarios with what could have happened. His main concern was getting to Aeris before… He could.
Still looking at Cloud, Aeris smiled. All those fears that Cloud had about her melted away, nothing mattered anymore, she was here, safe, what more could he want?

‘Once I had the rarest rose that ever deigned to bloom, cruel winter chilled the bud and stole my flower too soon
The loneliness, the hopelessness to search the ends of time
For there is in all the world, no greater love then mine.’

A shadow formed over the couple, Aeris was still smiling at Cloud, it was as if she knew he would come, and something that had seem pre-ordained was about to happen.
Like a raven, Sephiroth fell from the sky, he saw his target, and his main goal was to eliminate the threat stopping him from gaining immortality
The wind flying through his silvery hair, he raised his masamune, the penetrable blade. Cloud didn’t see what was to happen, until it was too late, he was about to say something to Aeris…but it would never be said.
Sephiroth came closer to the ground, raising the sword higher and higher. Upon reaching the ground, cut Aeris’s life short…
The blade went through the torso of Aeris, like butter or paper. Her arms became lifeless and limp as she fell forward, eyes closed for a few seconds but then reopened as if it was a response to the shock.
All became immediately silent all around; Clouds heart beating seemed to fill this empty void, replacing the sweet breath of her breathing. Clouds eyes met Sephiroths, both were blank, one from shock, the other, pure evil.
Sephiroth, no remorse, grinned as he removed the blade carefully, she was dead, why would he have to do it carefully. The lifeless arms of Aeris raised towards Cloud, she looked like she was calling for help, at that instant Cloud could have sworn he saw a tear fall. As Aeris fell forward the ribbon in her hair untangled, her beautiful hair all loose and long swamped around her. The white material fell from her hair, and made it’s way down from the alter, into the watery depths. This didn’t bother cloud, for now. He rushed forward to catch Aeris before she hit the ground. His rose, was taken from him by the cold and cruel nature of Sephiroth. Cloud held her tightly, she looked angelic, innocent, her eyes were closed. Cloud wanted to look into her eyes and tell her the thing he was dying to let free from his heart. He couldn’t, she was gone, forever.
He could feel himself let go, he wanted to cry, wanted to kill Sephiroth, but he couldn’t let himself do that. He sat there with Aeris in his arms, looking down at her innocent smile. His eyes were sore, his mouth was dry, she was never going to laugh, cry…anything, he had taken their rose..
Sephiroth looked down upon Cloud, no remorse, just pity.
‘Stop acting as if you were sad. There's no need to
act as though you're angry either. Because, Cloud. You are...’ with this, Sephiroth rose into the sky, his work finished.

‘Love I’ll never love, oh love, I’ll never love oh love…Still falls the rain…still falls the rain, Love, I’ll never love, oh love, I’ll never love oh love, still falls the night…
Love I’ll never love, oh love, I’ll never love oh love…Be mine Forever…Be mine forever…Oh Love I’ll never love…

What was there to do now? Cloud lost, not only to Sephiroth, but he lost his love, he thought about shutting himself out from the world, whom would he love now? The only thing he thought about now was revenge, where would Sephiroth be headed?
Firstly, Aeris must rest. Her journey ended, now that he thought about it, what was she praying to? She was knelt praying..what to?
Cloud picked her up from the floor in his arms she still smiled. He took her outside to the small lake the resided before the huge conch leading to the underground city.
Slowly walking into the water, he knew that this would be perfect for her. The earth was too, un-respectful for him, or for her. So many thoughts ran through is head, where would they go now? What would they do without her? Images of Aeris’s smiled flashed in Clouds mind, then faded..he wanted to cry..
Getting towards the center of the lake, he found that this would be the hardest part, letting her go. ‘She has to rest’ he thought ‘She’s been through so much’. Slowly letting her go, he backed off slightly. Aeris looked so peaceful and Cloud felt himself saying good-bye to her. Eyes fixed on her body, her slender figure, her angelic face; it all began to sink below the water. Cloud slowly lost vision of her, and he started to walk out of the lake. Below the water, her hair let go; it swam around her forming a protective cocoon. Her arms slowly lifted from her stomach and floated to her sides, Cloud could not see her, but he knew that she would look angelic as she floated to her resting place. He knew in his heart that she would be with her own people.

‘Let me be the only one to keep you from the cold
Now the floor of heavens laid, the stars of brightest gold
They shine for you, they shine for you, they burn for all to see
Come into these arms again, and set this spirit free’

‘She smiled till the end…’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back