• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF8: Griever (a bit complicated)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I've got a question about the GF called Griever which you had to fight in the last battle of the game. It was explained in disc 2, before Balamb Garden is attacked by the other Garden and you fight Edea, that when you junction or equip a GF you forget something right. My thought about Griever is Squall junctioned with him along time ago and when he equipped more Gfs, he forgot that he had Griever within him, that's why Ultimicia was able to draw Griever from Squall. Squall had a ring( he gave that to Rinoa) and a necklance with the face of Griever on it. Here's my question: How in the world did Squall first obtain Griever and why did his ring and necklance have the face of Griever on them in the first place when Squall had forgotten about Griever?

Tre'Coolfreak13

Website
www.myspace.com
I need to play that game again dangit. Stupid PS2 giving me a disc read error for every PS1 game I put in you! DAMMIT! *Get's Morgan Vonwebb to hit PS2 with a sledgehammer, massive weight, and throw it off a twenty story bulding* Mwuahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On topic:
I shouldn't have come here, you spoiled the game for me, I'm not blaming you though. But, I think before the game started, Squall was maybe born, infused at birth/conception, or possibly had Griever forced inside him. Stupid Square Enix, making their stories so damn deep you can't understand them...*Get's shiny Katana. Evil grin*

LightSide

Squall never actually got Griever, he'd only heard legends of him. Not sure where he heard of them from. Maybe it was himself (because you end up travelling back in time) or his sister who if memory serves was Ellone (i don't think they were blood siblings but kind of step-brother/sister). Or maybe it was Laguna, because I heard a rumour supported by some evidence, that they were/are father and son.
Anyway, Squall just admired the strength that Griever stood for, because he had a childhood complex about being weak.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I think I read Squall got the necklace and ring from Edea/Matron...
And Ultimecia makes Griever from Squall's mind, his ideas of the superior power of the ultimate Guardian Force.

Or maybe it was Laguna, because I heard a rumour supported by some evidence, that they were/are father and son.
Thats not a rumour, its a fact. Play the game a few times, youll notice it yourself:
-The whole story in the book where it asks what these two men have in common
-Ward, via Kiros, says he looks like his father
-Raine and Laguna got married, and Squall was born, Raine dies, Ellone and Squall are sent to an orphange.
Thats why Squall calls her Sis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back