• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Falling Down (please give me feedback)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

stripes

Time Is A Mysterious Thing

This was a story I decided to revive from my closet. It was a story I had start writting when I was in 9th grade. I though it would be a good story to post, so if you like it or not, leave me feedback, I'll probaly post more chapters, its just depending on rather you like it or not.

Chapter 1: Saying Goodbye but Saying Hello

I sat him down and started to put the wood into the pit so I could start a fire. He smiled at me for comfort, not to worry much, about the situation he was in, I couldn't help but cry. I couldn't stand my brother for his reckless behavor, and now it would be the end. He laid on the ground beside me and stared at the sky as though this was his dream to be here, to live under the stars. I never seemed his eyes gleam so brightly. It made me smile, but it scared me.

"Christian?..."

I asked quietly in a mumbled whisper. He turned his head and looked at me. His dark brown hair covering part of his face. His hazel eyes staring at me. He smiled at me and tried to raise up. But his body would not let him.

"Don't worry Serena, nothing will happen to you...I promise."

I nodded my head still not questioning his authoriy even though he was in no condition to promise me anything. He smiled and looked ack at the sky. I wanted to cry, I never seemed my brother so peaceful. Not in a long time. His eyes closed as his muscles lost their tensness. I couldn't help but stare at him. He was falling asleep, and I knew he wouldn't come back. He was breathing in and out. He was a baby I wanted to cradle. Even though he was my older brother. He was my baby. I took care of him. He protected me.

As I watched him drift off to sleep. I drifted with him. My feet being warmed by the fire that I had kindled for us. This was something I didn't want to end. This was something I didn't want to see end. But it was going to...Christian would never wake back up.

"Night Christian."

....1 Year Later....​

I laid my head on the bed. Crying my eyes out. I had that dream about Christian again. They were never going to stop. I would constantly think about him. I raised up my head tilted down, my head resting on the palm of my hand. My long hair tangled and wet from my tears.

"Christian..."

I closed my eyes and rubbed the locket tightly wrapped around my neck. It was dawn and I was still half asleep. I was a mess to go to work, but I had to. Christian always said it would be stupid to get a job and not stick to it. He made me sick with his stupid theories and quotes. I missed being sick.

I got out the bed quickly getting ready for work. I wasn't in the mood to work. But if I didn't. I wouldn't be able to live here. I wouldn't be able to have a life. I wouldn't be able to have a chance to find my brother's killer and kill him myself.So with that only drive in my mind, I set off for another day at work. At the Tavern.

The Tavern was the first place I laid eyes on after my brother's death. I remember walking in broken. The owner, Doc, stared at me up and down and finally let me rest in his humble home above the Tavern. I promised to repay him. And that was by working there. It was okay, I mean sure giving guys beer and hear them talk about fighting as though it was something they were born with, lieing straight through their teeths. It was okay. It was not the life I wanted for myself, but I could not be picky. When I arrived at the Tavern Doc greeted me with half smile and shot glasses needing to be clean for another busy day started.

"How are you Serena?"

"Same as I was yesterday."

"Okay Serena."

He ended the conversation with that sentence everytime we talked about how I was. I was going to be the same everytime he asked. Bitter and tired of everything, but steadily living for one thing. He use to tell me that I was not like the girls in the town. I was into sword fighting and into thinking about revenge. Girls here were into boys and thinking about what clothes they should wear to school. It was irritating to think that I was that different. But I was raised by two men, in a forest. Can you really blame me.

"Serena, you got your first customer."

He walked in as though he knew where he was going. His eyes staring at the ground as he walked to the nearest table. He was a drifter. His swords clanked, giving off a irritating sound to the walls of Tavern. He sat down and looked up at me. One eyes was bandaged, while the other pierced through me.

----David----​
Tired and weak I knew of nothing else to do but go to the run down Tavern and sit in the nearest booth. The waitress looked at me. She was suprised by my eyes. I wanted to let out a miserable grunt but I didn't.

"What would you like?"

"A whisky."

She nodded her head and walked away. I looked out the window. My hair leaning down touching the surface of the table. I stared at the window as though it was a magical portal that could take me away. I sighed and looked down at the table. My anger was going to my head. I couldn't think properly but I had to think about what happened earlier. I was completly knocked out, and I didn't know by who.

She came back up to me, holding my whisky on a tray. She handed it to me, and watched as I grabbed it. She looked at my arm and turned her head. Did it scare her? It didn't seem to, she seemed more intrested in it then scared.

"Do you have a problem."

"No...But who did your arm?"

I looked back to see Doc standing there watching me. His eyes on his whisky glasses but on me too.

"He did..."

She looked back at Doc and smiled. She didn't say anything else as she walked away. She was leaving me with that smile. I didn't know what to say, no words could come out my mouth. She was leaving me with that smile as though it was some kind of greeting. But I was foolish to belive that girl could have a possible effect on my heart, no one could. It was ridicolus to belive it. I was a monster and would always be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back