• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Facial expressions in KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khfreak5

Has anyone else noticed how the character's expressions weren't as good as others in KH1 movie events? Like how some of the movies had more detail on their faces than others? It makes me a little angry that there's more face detail in KH: Re com and KH2 than in KH1. What's your opinion?

Muse

you look atrocious
Because graphics overall were better in Re:CoM and KH2 than in KH1. :/

Stilianos

That's because the artist that work on the game got better at drawing their facial expression. At least, that's what I alway's thought. I mean, artist has to get better at their drawings!! So it only makes sense.

That seems like an over generalization to me. I am fairly certain that the reason some scenes have more detail than others is because making scenes with little facial detail are much faster. If you notice the scenes with Sora in a video cutscene, Sora's model is finely detailed higher quality model, but in text based cutscenes the model is static and is probably the same one used for playing the game.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Has anyone else noticed how the character's expressions weren't as good as others in KH1 movie events? Like how some of the movies had more detail on their faces than others? It makes me a little angry that there's more face detail in KH: Re com and KH2 than in KH1. What's your opinion?

What, you think the sequels to a game aren't going to improve on the graphics and other presentation aspects?

Radon

mofo
Ofcourse it's the graphics that got better. And no it wasn't the artist getting better. It almost has nothing to do with the artist.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also, on a PS2 disc it's not like they were working with infinite room with which to make proper CG cutscenes for every event.

.:Mega:.

Awards
I must be in the minority that likes Sora's high-poly (the one with good facial expression) model more than his Re:CoM one.

His face scares me in his new KH1-style model. :C

BluesStar21

lol like where Kairi says " You promise" man that made me laugh. She wasn't even saying that. lol.

Kitsune_XIII

The graphics were a big reason in why I played the games. >.>
I was happy that they updated the expressions in the later games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back