• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Extra Pods

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

Then say you disagree, not that it's impossible. World of a difference, right there :3
I don't think it's possible. In a sense. Well, it is possible, i don't find it probable.

Anyways, all quotes from Nomura about the pods. \/

Was the Mansion in Twilight Town a property of the XIII Organization?
No, they have nothing to do with it. It's just a place DiZ used as his hideout. You saw a lot of pods like the one Sora was in but DiZ just transfered Sora and the others along with their pods from Castle Oblivion. In other words, DiZ just copied the pods that were created by the Organization and lined them up

During these experiments, in order for these memories to be broken and then regenerated, those pods were made by the Organization. The pod Sora awoke from in Twilight Town and the pod Diz moved from Castle Oblivion to keep away from the Organization’s pursuit are the same thing.

A

Audo

Well, maybe according to Roxas it is *shrugs*
Or maybe those silly data version seemed like they were used more recently than they actually were.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I love this argument. I must say, I lean more towards Kris, what would be the purpose of putting Riku in a pod? What memories would they want to erase?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, maybe according to Roxas it is *shrugs*

I doubt they'd have bothered to put something like that in if that was the case. It's so minor a detail yet they took the time and bother for it.

Or maybe those silly data version seemed like they were used more recently than they actually were.

Or whomever "slept" in it only did so in the Digital Town. Seeing how DiZ said it was tied to Sora's Memories and that's why he put Roxas there, it could explain it.
And I'm only saying this because when I came in with Sora, it didn't say the same thing about the pod. However, seeing how Sora's journey itself took a while until we got to go back to TLTW, explaining the "this hasn't been used in a while".
Now, the several months it probably took for Sora to reach the end-game would explain this.

Ok fewk. Talk about misguided Memory. Just went there with both Sora and Roxas (go me and my fast hooking of my PS2 to the pc) and no pod was used "recently".
However, they do say that one hasn't been used in a while, and even for Roxas - the year time frame in which Sora was asleep could still hold whenever someone - Riku included - could've been put in the pod.

what would be the purpose of putting Riku in a pod? What memories would they want to erase?

I believe SA was thinking memories of Xion.

That does seem to be the most likely possibility, yes.
Alternatively, seeing how Riku in KH2 was "stuck" in Xehanort form opposed to him being able to revert as shown he can do in Days, there's always the possibility this had something to do with this and Naminé still went on with her offer to him in CO - seeing how Riku was losing that battle, fighting all on his own.

A

Audo

rofl. So it actually says "it hasn't been used in a while".
I just find that to be concrete in saying it was referring to the Org's use of it, and nothing else. Yay. Case closed.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I just find that to be concrete in saying it was referring to the Org's use of it, and nothing else. Yay. Case closed.

It's not concrete, and the case isn't closed until after Days says he was never in the pod.
And even then, heck, they pulled an XIV on us; I wouldn't be so quick to underestimate them with what they can shove into what time frames.

Marly

Awards
When would Riku's sleep have taken place? Before or after Sora's?

A

Audo

You can keep pulling at strings, but things are pointing to it being the Organization's use, and nothing else.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
When would Riku's sleep have taken place? Before or after Sora's?

During.

You can keep pulling at strings, but things are pointing to it being the Organization's use, and nothing else.

No, it points at the Organization's use, but there's nothing saying it hasn't been used for anything else other than that.

Marly

Awards
But you said that he would have been forced into one? By whom? Namine? DiZ? You're losing me.

Marly

Awards
But why would she want to erase his memories? Of her? I don't get her motivation.

A

Audo

Ah you. First you say that it can't refer to the Org because we thought it said "recently" so a month before or so would have been "recent" and yet now that it says it's "not in a while" you say the same time frame still applies?
That is somewhat contradictory. Why don't we just all agree that it is about the Org, which will most likely be the case since, again, there isn't even much of a reason for Riku to even be put into a pod in the first place.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ah you. First you say that it can't refer to the Org because we thought it said "recently" so a month before or so would have been "recent" and yet now that it says it's "not in a while" you say the same time frame still applies?

Yeah, figured that in retrospective ;P my bad.

Why don't we just all agree that it is about the Org, which will most likely be the case since, again,

Because

there isn't even much of a reason for Riku to even be put into a pod in the first place.

I disagree on that one. Riku disagreeing to go into the pod doesn't mean there's no reason for it to happen - it just means he didn't want to. And then we have whatever happened in Days being a possible further motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back