• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

english version of passion, REVEALED!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

marluxia101

i don't know if this is old, but i recently found out that utada announced the title for the english version of passion in an fm station. the english version is called "sanctuary". (i know, kinda far from passion huh?). but anyway, its for real, i found it on gamespot.com and according to them, they got this news from utada's website....

i really hope this english version would sound better...and given the name sanctuary, i think this version will have some changes to the lyrics just like what utada did in hikari and simple and clean...

A Mere Shell

cooll, tryin to find it on limewire.......NO RESULTS SOORRRYYY. Give me the link to the gamespot article about the song

_Addict_

this kinda makes me mad... i mean, why can't they leave songs in Japanese anymore???? Suteki Da Ne was in Japanese in FFX, and i never heard anyone complain.... I know it's by the same person, so that's some consolation, but it's just... stupid.... they should just leave it as it is... >.< i was just getting used to passion to...

Neo Nobody

Keyblade Knight
Yea i agree it like the tittle passion in some ways i want it all to be equal we all get the same thing basicly and nomura said the song fits with the story and i though that she was just translating the song does this mean that the words will be changed also

Aros123

Well i heard that utada said in an interview that she wrote the lyrics for the english version first. she also said that it was so hard trying to come up with japaneses lyrics that fit with the english ones she asked the creaters of the game if they could make the song just for the english version. so maybe when she's done making the english version, the lyrics will be similar to the japanese one

Unknown Oath

Please note it is unconfimed whether the lyrics will indeed be changed or not, so we will just have to wait before we get anymore confirmation before we start complaining.

Karasu-sama

_Addict_ said:
this kinda makes me mad... i mean, why can't they leave songs in Japanese anymore???? Suteki Da Ne was in Japanese in FFX, and i never heard anyone complain.... I know it's by the same person, so that's some consolation, but it's just... stupid.... they should just leave it as it is... >.< i was just getting used to passion to...

Well, the trend of leaving the japanese songs in is picking up steam, but it's not quite at the point of using "Passion" rather than "Sanctuary" in KH2. And anyway, Utada-sama IS completely bilingual, so I've no doubt the two songs'll mesh fine. I mean, "Simple and Clean" Vs. "Hikari" turned out fine, so I'm sure it'll be the same case here.

By the by, Addict, the singer in "Suteki da ne" isn't Utada Hikaru. She's a lady who goes by the name of Rikki. Now I get the confusion, especially since Utada sometimes calls herself "Hikki" and their voices are kinda similar, but they are, in fact, two different people.

_Addict_

Karasu-sama said:
Well, the trend of leaving the japanese songs in is picking up steam, but it's not quite at the point of using "Passion" rather than "Sanctuary" in KH2. And anyway, Utada-sama IS completely bilingual, so I've no doubt the two songs'll mesh fine. I mean, "Simple and Clean" Vs. "Hikari" turned out fine, so I'm sure it'll be the same case here.

By the by, Addict, the singer in "Suteki da ne" isn't Utada Hikaru. She's a lady who goes by the name of Rikki. Now I get the confusion, especially since Utada sometimes calls herself "Hikki" and their voices are kinda similar, but they are, in fact, two different people.

I know ^.^; i was using that as an example... i should've explained better, sorry +.+;

onyxrhapsody87

_Addict_ said:

Yeh... but it should sound better since she wrote the english version first... It was stated that she had more trouble writting the japanese version....

K

Kairi_MAX

Actually.................................................................. I want it nowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Arearda

I want to see how the english version will be. I think it'll be interesting.

I love how they put a bit of rock sound into "Passion" from the opening video. That line where she says "My heart's a battle ground" = the best.

jamietl

i just hope that the tune stays the same, the lyrics of passion are great but the tune is even better. and im glad to hear that for once something was made for the english language before anything else, rebrings up the question why dont we have it too, were special too : ) (not in the retarded sense *cough*goofy*cough*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back