• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

End Censorship!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHW Ceta

Bronze Member
Am I the only one Tired of Censors Butchering our TV shows and Movies?

here are some examples:

That Stupid proposal to make all movies with Smoking in them rated R

In Shaman King they turned one Character's Gun into a rattle (in other anime I've seen similar instances)

they removed half the episodes of Dragonball and at least 1/3 of Dragonball GT

this is really starting to get on my nerves, how about you?

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I'm lucky enough not to live in the United States so I don't really have a problem with censorship... Because it's virtually non-existent.
Judging from what I've seen/heard you've got it pretty bad (censoship-wise) for a "land of the free".

OHW Ceta

Bronze Member
Yeah, I Agree

I think it's a requirement to butcher everything before they put it on air

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
It doesn't make me mad, but in music lyrics or videos, they always blur a gun or a gang sign on anyone's clothes. But without Censorship, people wouldn't be able to listen to music without hearing cussing and some people don't like cussing in their music.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Not just T.V. and movies! Books! Several classic books that I love have been edited and baned from the library! It's annoying...

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
>>; My poor Yu-yu hakusho! Butchered to death by the cartoon network people!

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Banning books from librarys: Not a good idea. Books offer sources of info no matter how old or racist/cursey it is. That's just how it was back then. Did you know they banned "Little Red Riding Hood" because in it Red is bringing wine to her grandma? They say it promotes alcoholism. :/

The various animes on t.v.: They are made for kids (hence, 4Kids?) and they don't really want Sanji smoking a cig on t.v. (so they give him a lolipop! Like, Sanji and a lolipop?!?..), so they edit it out. As for the ones on Adult Swim though, those are made for us older people, so they're not dreadfully butchered.

Cursing in music: Good idea. Who really wants to hear a curse every few seconds on the radio? (I'd rather have no cursing...but that's okay).

No comment on blurring out the gang signs. Though they're pry worried that people will copy them and get in trouble. ((Also note, the people would be more kids)).

Anyways, I think censorship is good idea, personally.

OHW Ceta

Bronze Member
My oppinion

if it offends you don't watch it, and stop ruining it for the rest of us

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
They banned Huckleberry Finn, Anastasia Again!, and Little House on the prarie!

Weird huh?

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Just a little, but one mind wants something to happen, they sway others to their opinion and then you have angry parents and school boards banning good books. (I loved the Little House on the Prairie).

Also, about not watching it...eh yeah...<_< I don't watch Spongebob yet I still find it hilarious. Even if parents say "No watching _______" the kid can still go to a friend's house and see it. Hence why censoring it and stuff is like a requirement for parents.

UnknownEnigma

hmmm it depends on whats being censored to me guess. books shouldnt be but music at times it goes so fast i dont hear it but others i hear it ever other word so so so on the music. tv no censor! its entertainment so you got to atleats not censor gosh. like im going with you guys...END CENSORSHIP

OHW Ceta

Bronze Member
Right, taking certain parts out of TV is much different than just bleeping foul words

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
kairigirl said:
The various animes on t.v.: They are made for kids (hence, 4Kids?) and they don't really want Sanji smoking a cig on t.v. (so they give him a lolipop! Like, Sanji and a lolipop?!?..), so they edit it out. As for the ones on Adult Swim though, those are made for us older people, so they're not dreadfully butchered..

if that was the case then why would they need to be cencored? only because the dubbing company wants to market it for more money, the anime in itself isn't meant for kids its meant for teenagers, yet 4kids one of the most hated and worst dubbing companies of all always ruin anime and makes it for kids so they can market the hell out of it to make money from everything possible (cards, games, anime, clothes etc) just because they are called 4kids, doesn't mean the anime they bring over is anime made for kids, infact almost all of theirs isn't

i bet you didn't know the original japanese yu gi oh had rape in it? and there was a true first season to yu gi oh too, yet it was proof the anime wasn't only about the cards, yet good ol' 4kids decided "hey this anime has cards in it, perfect we can market the anime to display and make money from the cards, stuff the storyline" and scrapped the whole first season. its the same with any anime 4kids releasease, its like 4kids are ashamed of anime being from japanese since they always blur out any japanese references and stuff.

if they want anime for kids they should get things that don't have anything that needs cencorship in it, but their too lazy to do that arn't they?

alot of the time cencorship ruins the anime and when you compare the original to the dubbed the dubbed job is laughable, i bet the same fate is for naruto

infact over here in australia, cencorship on tv causes plotholes, like they had starship troopers on, in that bit with that giant beetle that breaths fire how that woman arm gets melted , well one minute you see her shes perfectly normal yet they cut out the scene where she gets her arm melted off so the next time you see her, you see her with an arm missing and no knowledge of how it happend (throughout the movie they constatnly cencored whenever someone got melted) so it leads to confusing on how it happend also when diz died, one minute she's shooting bugs next thing you know she's lying in the dropship dying, they cut out the scene where that bug comes and stabs her through the chest so again causing confusing about how something happend

Last edited:

OHW Ceta

Bronze Member
I know, it's all stupid

I wish we could do something about it

BRING back stickman

sure he was a walking sexist, Racist Swatstica, but he made a mockery of the Censors

KingGabriel_VXI

Just Surviving
Im for cencorship and im NOT for it. I say, its too late to be hiding this. Cursing and stuff, that should just go un noticed because I garuntee that the majority of America curses. Even kids curse, like ME, I have a BAD mouth! I know that my kid will be able to curse me out by the time she's (YES SHE!) two. I was with my baby cousin once and I was trying to stuff some quarters in the sticker machine to make him laugh and it wouldnt go in and I said "stupid son of a bi-" and I stopped myself, but he repeated it! Fortunately, he didnt understand exactly what I was saying so, I got lucky that time. Today, my mom heard me curse three times...it slipped out. Stuff like graphics, on videos, I dont get it. Why do all rap videos have to have some chick shaking their asses in the tv?! Thats kinda of annoying, but I guess it would be even more annoying if there was a big black bar across it even if they had clothes on. I dont listen to rap, so im good. Rap disgusts me, the lyrics. Its not the cursing, but its WHAT they sing about, so thats a reason for cencorship. But like I said, I listen to Rock and censorship doesnt bother me.

OHW Ceta

Bronze Member
Right, Graphics and bleeping like 2 words are two sepperate issues

and me, I'm not really fond of Rap either

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Think you misunderstood me, evil_kenshin. I'm a huge fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! and I seriously wish to see the Japanese versions. I do know that it all depends on who buys it and what happens to it. But the stuff on 4kids and WB early morning stuff are edited to aim for younger kids. <_< Hence why they're edited..terribly..but that's okay!

Anyways, I would like for them to show the unedited versions on a channel I can actually get without paying for. <_< Meh, oh well.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Well nowadays people can just bleep out TV shows with the remote. More parents should get that so THEY can decide what there kids can and can't watch.

OHW Ceta

Bronze Member
yeah

CN made Boomerang to have all the old stuff, they should make an adult Swim Channel

and we all know what Adult swim would have plenty of if it were all day

and Seriously, a CCF is really stupid, Friday is my least favorite day of the week cause Adult Swim aint on.

Anyways, I would like for them to show the unedited versions on a channel I can actually get without paying for
Nothing's for free, if you want good channels you'll have to at LEAST pay for basic cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back