• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

electric differences

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Electro? That's like hip hop mixed with little bits of disco, I suppose. (Think Afrika Baambaata)
Electronica is just an expansion of it, however it doesn't neccessarily have to have hip hop elements. Most of it has conventional rock/pop vocals. (Think Royksopp)

Hope I got that right.

Cicero

Visionary
Electro? That's like hip hop mixed with little bits of disco, I suppose.
Electronica is just an expansion of it, however it doesn't neccessarily have to have hip hop elements. Most of it has conventional rock/pop vocals.

Hope I got that right.

Electro is more the other way around as I see it. It is a sort of house/minimal sound but with more 'electric' bleeps and noises, and an overall electric ring to it, as little bits of hip-hop may find their way in. Electronica is, as you say, kind of an expansion; electro in a more aggresive way. But so-to-say 'bit music' can also be accounted under Electronica, as can music streams of anything between electro, bit music, and a bit of hip-hop.

Massive Attack

Awards
Electro is more the other way around as I see it. It is a sort of house/minimal sound but with more 'electric' bleeps and noises, and an overall electric ring to it, as little bits of hip-hop may find their way in. Electronica is, as you say, kind of an expansion; electro in a more aggresive way. But so-to-say 'bit music' can also be accounted under Electronica, as can music streams of anything between electro, bit music, and a bit of hip-hop.

Way to get it wrong. Go listen to electro - it's rapping with Kraftwerk inspired electronic elements.

ifly

Awards
When you say hip hop elements you mean something like daft punk? An melodie repeated on the background for a long time?

Cicero the examples u gave are really techno/house ;o electronic is moar bleep bleep i think ;p

Cicero

Visionary
House is not the same as electro.

I didn't say it was. I said the music genre of that CD is Electro/House. Thus, a mix between the two. A CD were they combine the two styles of Electro and House. Well, maybe a part of your story is right...I just always associate Electro with House because I always listen to that Electro/House genre, so in the core, apart from House, Electro could be what you say it is.

Massive Attack

Awards
I didn't say it was. I said the music genre of that CD is Electro/House. Thus, a mix between the two. A CD were they combine the two styles of Electro and House. Well, maybe a part of your story is right...I just always associate Electro with House because I always listen to that Electro/House genre, so in the core, Electro could be what you say it is.

That would be electro-house if it was a mix of the two, making it not electro. And it's possible that the "electro" bit is just a lazy abbrieviation of electronica.

When you say hip hop elements you mean something like daft punk? An melodie repeated on the background for a long time?

Nah, when I said "hip hop elements", I meant it had rapping. Daft Punk is house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back