• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness_Shadow

Website
www.freewebs.com
Has anyone played this game?!?! It is so fun! But it is really hard to get to play unless you already have a good computer. My stepdad and I had to go and buy a new graphics card to even run it.

Champoo

Website
www.myspace.com
yeah it's killer on the pc, mine runs it fine but to really enjoy it you should play it on a xbox 360 or shell out lots of money for a nice pc, not just for that game but for the next line of games coming out for the pc o_O

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
PC version > 360 version... by far.

I would be able to run it if I had a DVD drive, but I don't. I'd probably have to overlock my CPU, and then lower the settings to minimum... but it'd be worth it.

My friend has it, his computer runs it perfectly on high on 1024x768 resolution. It's pretty sweet.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
It looks like a great game. I heard alot of good things about it from my 360 owning friends. Too bad my comp can't run it and I hate 360's.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
I loved Morrowind, and I've wanted to play Oblivion since I first heard of it. I'm going to test it on my computer in a couple of days, see if I can run it. If not, I'll definately be getting a 360 specifically for that. If it's even half as good as Morrowind, it'll be worth it.

Darkness_Shadow

Website
www.freewebs.com
Ya i totaly agree with everyone! Especially D.A. It does pretty much set the next generation! I live the Lighting too, it looks so great. And my friend is always saying that the graphics are hideously good. But he is a big part of my experiance with elder scrolls! I had gotten Morrowind for free with a Graphics card deal i got a long time ago. Bu then we both found out we play it and he is obsested with the elder scrolls games! He has like 3 diffrent posters of the map, but with different terren looking stuff. One is the normal map with the cities and stuff the other is just the terren, and the newest one is the map with the other island (forgot the name) on it.
And i was wondering what the elder scrolls 1 and 2 would look like and everything but i cant find an info on them at all. I dont even know if they have a 1st or 2nd one.

Mistshade

I believe this game is similiar or an expansion of the game Morrowind correct? If so Morrowind was a great game. It was so realistic. You could steel stuff off the walls, have reputation. Depending on your reputation points the guards would treat you a different way. In addition, you could go into a bar or armory kill the owner and steal all of there stuff (very fun). I like the MMOs and RPGs like Diablo II, and Dark age of Camelot: Darkness Rising.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
Just the whole... feel of it, know what I mean? Interactiveness takes a big swoop in the sky. Shackles on the wall... oh, you can grab those! A stone on a table, grab it! You.. you can just interact, as if it was a real world. It is the breaking point between this gen, and next gen. Seriously. Its utterly superficially fantastic! Buy it today! :rolleyes:

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Banishing Blade said:
PC version > 360 version... by far.

Well, by looking at reviews for the PC and 360 verions, the 360 has better scores.

Anyway, Im getting oblivion for Christmas, but does anyone know if oblivion really is coming to the PSP?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Counter Shock said:
Well, by looking at reviews for the PC and 360 verions, the 360 has better scores.

That's because Oblivion is ultimately nothing new in the PC market. Honestly, there have been a ton of games like Oblivion available for PCs for ages. With the relatively recent success of "sandbox" games like GTA, every console gamer with little PC gaming experience is enamored with the sense of "freedom." Oblivion does look incredible, but only the technical aspects of it are anywhere close to revolutionary.

K

Kegluneq

I think its pretty cool I only liked playing it on 360 though because computer controls are hard to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back