• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► Ego.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I remember getting on here a couple years ago and talked about how dangerous the ego can be, but I never really talked about how it actually helps you. It is who you are after all, or the current version of you that exists now.

What you feed your ego is how you move forward through your life. If you feed people this fake image of you because you genuinely believe you can appease everyone, those are usually the least receptive people and most disconnected from who they really are.

The reason that this is dangerous is because the competitive spirit is one of the biggest parts of our individuality. You can't be showcase your competitive spirit if you're worried heavily about conflict and animosity or even how you're perceived.Egos and personalities are supposed to clash, no one person is the same as Adam or Eve, or even Jeff for fucks sake.

The point is to see how well your ego meshes with other people. At the sametime, someone else's ego is almost a direct mirror for your own, if you're in a healthy spot good chance someone will tell you about yourself by observing you and spot your shortcomings. But imagine saying to that friend, "its just the way I am" and sticking to that kind of mantra. I'm sure for a time, maybe that does work for some people, we're all unique and I firmly believe that. I will say this much, if you stagnate your ego and turn your nose up at valid critique, say you're good, you'll find yourself not evolving at the rate you'd prefer.

Because change should be driven by a desire to achieve it, not chase it. That's one role your ego serves when you really put it to work.

Just thinking' out loud.

Back