• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Ed, Edd, n Eddy's Nightmare Before Christmas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Okay this is something new, lol. I bet you're wondering "What the heck? An Ed, Edd, n Eddy fanfic?" right about now but deep down this emo lies a kid who loves his cartoons and this one happened to be one of them. This is a crossover between Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Tim Burton's "A Nightmare Before Christmas." Now without further ado... here's the first chapter!

~Chapter 1: The Strange Door Deep in the Woods~

October 31. Halloween night. The night when ghosts and goblins come out to play. The night when young children obtain massive amounts of candy by going door to door in costumes. To some kids, the greatest night of the year. And then there are others who don’t exactly have the same idea...

In a small town of Peach Creek, a young junior high student by the name of Eddy had just gotten home after serving his almost daily routine of detention. He remembered how the same thing had happened on last Halloween. But this Halloween was going to be different. Because Eddy had made the bold decision that he and his two friends, Ed and Edd, known to everyone as Double D, would not be trick-or-treating that year.

Eddy was completely disgusted by Halloween after what had happened last year. He had fallen for another one of his older brother’s stupid jokes, the so-called map to “Spook-E-Ville” ended up sending the three friends in a big circle, and he and Double D had been beaten up for something Ed had done. And even worse, Ed got out of the whole thing without even a scratch. Unfair don't you think?

But Eddy, for once in his life, decided to learn from his mistake. He wasn’t going to fall for another one of his brother’s stupid pranks because he was staying home that Halloween night. But as soon as Eddy got home, he discovered something that he hadn’t counted on before... he had absolutely nothing to do. After about five minutes, he declared that he was officially bored.

So Eddy roamed around the house, looking for something, or anything, to do to occupy his time. Soon enough, his boredom led him to the attic. Eddy always liked going up to the attic. Since his parents were pack rats, they had some of the most interesting stuff Eddy had ever seen. Unless you counted Eddy’s Christmas presents, which consisted of clothes year after year. This was the reason why Eddy wasn’t too fond of Christmas either.

But tonight, Eddy felt like doing something different. There was a corner of the attic that he hadn’t fully explored before. He decided that if anything would be able to occupy his time, that would. So, he slowly made his way to the darker corner of the attic.

Eddy began to sift through the old boxes. It was mostly the same old stuff: old clothes, old photos, nothing all that interesting. “Pfft. Figures,” Eddy mumbled. He finally had a night to himself, and nothing exciting. Looking around the attic again, Eddy leaned back against the wall.

Suddenly, Eddy felt a board behind him shift slightly. He turned around. Was one of the boards loose? He began to mess with the boards, seeing if one would pop off. The last board he tried came off in his hands.

There was a secret compartment behind the board! How had Eddy missed that? He loved secrets especially if they were juicy secrets. He quickly peered inside the small compartment. But all that was in it was a rolled up piece of paper. Of course, Eddy’s curiosity was piqued, and he had to look at the paper. He took it out and unrolled it. Then his eyes widened with amazement.

It was a map and it looked like it led to some place from Eddy’s house. And even better, the destination looked like a perfect spot for some healthy trick-or-treat fanatics. Eddy was ecstatic. He was about to run down to the phone to call Double D and Ed... but then he stopped. He looked at the map again. Considering where he had found it, the map was probably his brother’s pranks and considering what had happened the last few times he had followed one of his brother’s maps, it probably led to trouble. But there was something different about this map. It actually looked authentic. There was no way his brother could draw it by hand. He just couldn’t pass up this opportunity.

Eddy ran down to the phone. He quickly dialed Double D’s number and put Ed through by conference call.

“Hello?” a polite voice answered first.

“My name is Ed!” a second voice said.

“Ed, Double D, put on your Halloween costumes and meet me at my house!” said Eddy. “I got something here that will rock your socks!”

“Excuse me?” asked Double D. “Eddy, I thought we went over this. You said you didn’t want to trick-or-treat because of what happened last year, remember?”

“Well, yeah, but that was before I found this map!” said Eddy. “And I’m confident that it will lead us right to- ”

“Another one of your brother’s maps?” asked Double D. “Eddy, have you learned nothing?”

“Look, will you guys just put on your costumes and get over here?” asked Eddy. “I’ll see you later!”

“Trick-or-treat for me!” exclaimed Ed.

After Eddy hung up, he ran to his room. He needed a costume, and fast. He hadn’t prepared a costume for this year because of his original plans, but now he had a good reason to have one. He finally settled on wearing his Zombie Elvis costume from last year. Thankfully, it wasn’t too battered.

Ed and Double D were right on time. As soon as Eddy finished putting his costume on, the doorbell rang. Eddy ran to answer it. Apparently, Ed and Double D hadn’t prepared anything for that year either. Ed was wearing his Lothar Viking outfit, and Double D was in his Bubonic Plague costume, both from last year.

“What took you so long?” asked Eddy.

“Can we just see the map?” asked Double D.

“See for yourself, Sockhead,” said Eddy, handing Double D the map.

Double D carefully examined the map. “Hmm... well Eddy, now that I look at it, you’re actually right. This map is different from your brother’s past creations. I don’t think he could have drawn all this.”

“Told ya,” said Eddy. “This map must lead to the real Spook-E-Ville! I just knew he was holding out on me!”

“Spook-E-Ville, Double D!” yelled Ed.

“Well, hopefully things will be better than they were last year,” said Double D. “Right, Ed?” This year, Double D had made Ed cut back on his monster movies because of Ed’s behavior last year.

“I have been a good boy, Double D,” said Ed.

“Good,” said Double D. “Then let’s begin, shall we?”

So the three Eds began to follow the map into the night. With Double D leading, mostly because he was the only one who could read the map, they weren’t paying much attention to exactly where they were going. Double D was focused on keeping his coordinates straight, Ed, or Lothar, as he called himself, was busy fighting off imaginary monsters with his trusty spatula, and Eddy was lost in fantasies of how much candy he was going to get once they got to their destination.

When Double D finally looked up to see where they were, he realized that the map had led the three boys deep into the woods outside of Peach Creek. “Oh my,” he said. “I don’t think I’ve ever been this deep into the woods before. I wonder where exactly we’re going?”

“Ah, who cares?” asked Eddy. “Just as long as we get the jumbo candy bars. They’re the good kind!”

And so they walked on. Before Double D knew it, they were at the endpoint on the map. He looked up and saw just what the three boys had been led to. Then, he made an abrupt stop. This caused Ed to crash into Double D, and Eddy to crash into Ed, and knocking the map out of Double D’s hands in the process.

“What’d you do that for, Double D?” asked Eddy. Then he too saw what was in front of them.

It was a tree but it didn’t look like any of the other trees in the forest. This tree definitely stood out. The reason it stood out was because there was a big, orange, grinning jack o’ lantern carved into it!

“What the heck?” asked Eddy.

“Well, it certainly seems that someone had a lot of time on their hands,” said Double D. Then he took a closer look at the jack o’ lantern. “Hmm... hey, I don’t think this is just a carving, gentlemen. I think it’s... a door!”

“A door in a tree?” asked Eddy.

“It will open up and lead us down straight into the depths of Hades!” said Ed. “Can I go in first?”

“Hang onto your neck, Monobrow,” said Eddy. “Why would my brother have a map that would lead to this tree?”

“Well, it must have some importance to your brother,” said Double D. “I’ll look at the map again.” Then Double D saw the map lying face down on the ground. “Hello?”

“What now?” asked Eddy.

“Eddy, there’s something written on the back of this map,” said Double D, picking the map up. “I think it’s... a poem.”

“What?” asked Eddy. “I don’t think my brother was a whiz at poetry. What’s it say?”

“Here, I’ll read it aloud,” said Double D. He cleared his throat.

“Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems

In a place that perhaps you’ve seen in your dreams.

For the story that you are about to be told

Takes place in the holiday worlds of old.

Now, you’ve probably wondered where holidays come from.

If you haven’t, I’d say it’s time you’ve begun.”

Eddy stared at the poem on the back of the map. “What the heck does that mean?” he asked.

“I have no idea,” said Double D.

Just then, the three Eds heard a loud creaking noise behind them. They turned around. The jack o’ lantern door was wide open.

“Uh... who did that?” asked Eddy.

“Ed?” asked Double D.

“It wasn’t me, Double D!” said Ed. “Lothar has been a good Viking!”

Then, something strange happened. Nearby leaves that were on the ground began to flutter about in the breeze.

“Hey, what’s going on?” asked Eddy.

“That’s strange... ” said Double D. “The weather report said there wouldn’t be any wind tonight...”

“The door is sucking us in!” yelled Ed. “It wants to eat us!”

“What?” Eddy and Double D asked together.

And sure enough, Ed seemed to be right. The wind was coming from inside the door. And it was pulling the three boys in. The Eds tried to fight the growing current, but then it suddenly became so strong that it lifted the three terrified boys up into the air. One by one, the Eds were sucked into the door. And as soon as all three boys were sucked in, the jack o’ lantern door shut behind them. The only sound that could be heard was the screams of the Eds, growing fainter and fainter as they fell deeper and deeper...

Then... nothing. Silence. The wind had died down. All the leaves fluttered back onto the ground and all that remained was the grinning jack o’ lantern door.

Well, there you have it. Hope you liked it... I might have the second chapter posted up sometime this week. Probably tuesday after school it will be done.

Last edited:

getblazedordie

THE EDDS!!! i freakin love that show! its like a dream fanfic come true, i wanna see next chapter! Good start and nice use of their trademark sayings (where is "gra-vy" and "butter toast"?). You can make their personalities stand out more like in the show mayb. But this is excellent for a 1st chapter!

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
You're literate.

But I hate the idea of associating filth like this show with Nightmare.

But at least you're literate. However, seeing as how Ed, Edd, and Eddy were complete idiots who could hardly form words in the English language, I don't really understand how you can get a plot out of this.

Honestly, I'm not gonna stick it out and see.

But at least you're literate.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Well thanks for the comments, but now I bring you chapter 2!

~Chapter 2: This is Halloween~

Faraway, in a dark forest, there was a single tree that stood out. This tree stood out because carved into the trunk was a door shaped like a pink house. Usually in this part of the forest, it was completely silent. But at that moment, it was anything but. The screams of three terrified boys filled the air. All of the sudden, the door shaped like a pink house swung open, and a mighty wind shot out.

Double D was shot out of the door first. He landed on the ground with a THUD. But before he could get up, Eddy was shot out of the door and landed on Double D. The boy with the sock hat grunted as Eddy fell on him, then grunted a second time as Ed, who was the heaviest, landed on both of them.

“Sandwich!” said Ed as he landed on his friends.

All three Eds let out a moan. What had just happened?

“Everyone okay?” Eddy asked after he finally found his voice.

“Lothar is unscathed!” said Ed. “Oh, and Double D’s fine because he broke the fall with his face. See?”

“Yes, well, now that we have that settled... CAN WE PLEASE MOVE OURSELVES TO A MORE COMFORTABLE POSITION?!” asked Double D.

“All right, all right,” said Eddy, pushing Ed off. “Don’t have a bird, Double D. Sheesh...”

After the three boys got their bodies untangled, they were able to stand up and get a good look at their surroundings. But all they saw was a very dark forest with a lot of bare, mangled looking trees and that made for a very creepy feeling atmosphere.

“Uh... where are we?” asked Eddy.

“Oh dear,” said Double D. “I fear something may have happened when that jack o’ lantern door was opened. I’ve never seen this place before!”

“Oh, I know what happened!” said Ed.

“No wait, let me guess, Ed,” said Eddy. “There was a wormhole contained inside the door and it transported us to another universe. Am I right?”

“Not even close, Eddy!” said Ed. “There was a wormhole contained inside the door and it transported us to another universe!”

Eddy just stood there, speechless at his friend. “Ed, how do you even find your way out of bed in the morning?” he asked his friend.

“Oh dear... ” said Double D. Ed and Eddy looked at their friend. Double D had a shocked look on his face.

“What’s with you?” asked Eddy.

“Eddy... look,” said Double D. He handed Eddy the map.

“Yeah, it’s a map of Peach Creek,” said Eddy. “So...” Before he could finish his sentence, he realized why Double D was so shocked.

The entire map had changed! It no longer showed any sign of Peach Creek! All it showed was a trail leading from a tree in a forest to another town, which unfortunately was unnamed on the map.

“I... I don’t understand!” said Double D. “What on earth happened?”

“Well, let’s see...” said Eddy. “We were walking through the forest, and the map led us right to that tree...” It was then that Eddy saw the new tree. The one with the Pink House Door on it. “What the heck?”

“Why, this looks like one of the houses from back home,” said Double D. “This is very strange... Why on earth would a door that looks like this be here?”

“And where is “here” anyway?” added Eddy.

“Follow the map we must to our destination we will figure out!” said Ed.

Double D and Eddy stared at their friend. Then Double D spoke.

“Well, apart from Ed’s once again deplorable sentence structure, I’m in agreement with him. It seems that the only way we’ll find out what’s going on is if we follow the map,” he said.

“So, if we follow this trail, it’ll lead us to Spook-E-Ville, right?” asked Eddy.

“Well, that should be the general plan,” said Double D.

That’s when Eddy got excited. “Well then, what are we waiting for?” he asked. “Lead the way, Sockhead!”

“All right, all right,” said Double D. “Please be patient, Eddy.”

And so the three Eds followed the new path on the newly revised map. They soon found their way out of the creepy woods. But things didn’t seem to feel any better, appearance-wise. To Double D’s horror, the map led right through a graveyard. So the three boys had to make their way through a vast area of tombstones.

As they moved on, they went through a pumpkin patch. And every pumpkin had a jack o’ lantern face carved into it. But the thing that intrigued the boys most of all was the giant hill in the center of the past. The end of it curled in to form a spiral.

“I wonder what it’s called?” asked Double D.

“Ah, for all we know, it’s called ‘Spiral Hill’,” said Eddy. “Come on! Keep going!”

“He’s so stubborn...” Double D thought as he kept his eyes on the map.

Pretty soon, the map led the three boys straight to an open gate and on the other side, there appeared to be a huge town. But there was something eerily intimidating about the town. It looked... well, it looked downright macabre.

“It’s Spook-E-Ville!” yelled Eddy.

“Eddy, please wait!” said Double D. “I have a bad feeling about this place. Doesn’t something feel... not quite right?”

“Oh, what else is new? Why aren’t you excited, Double D?” asked Eddy. “Think of the candy we’re gonna rake in here!”

“But... Eddy... ” said Double D.

“Will you relax for once in your life?” asked Eddy. “We’ll just hit a few houses, and once we get enough good stuff, we’ll head back home. I promise!”

“But Eddy, we don’t even know where we are!” protested Double D.

“Sure we do!” said Eddy. “We’re in Spook-E-Ville! Let’s go!” And with that, he ran straight into the town.

“Oh dear...” said Double D.

“It’s totally worth it Double D!” said Ed, grabbing his nervous friend and half dragging him into the town.

Ed and Double D quickly caught up with Eddy, and all three boys slowed to a walk. As they walked through the town, with Eddy wondering what house they should hit first, Double D noticed some other people walking down the streets. What amazed him, however, was that all their costumes looked so real. Much more real than their costumes.

“Um... Eddy ...?” Double D asked nervously.

“What is it Double D?” asked Eddy.

“Don’t you notice something strange about the costumes these other people are wearing?” asked Double D.

“What other people?” asked Eddy.

Double D was shocked. “Are you that oblivious to things happening around you, man?” he almost shouted. Luckily, he realized what he was doing and quickly quieted down, so not to make a scene. “Just look at the costumes these other people have on. Don’t they seem awfully... realistic?”

“So, these people know how to celebrate Halloween right,” said Eddy. “Relax, Double D. Just kick back and enjoy the scenery.”

“Something tells me that’s not going to be easy...” said Double D, looking around the dark, creepy-looking town.

“This place reminds me of the town from “I Was a Teenage Blood-Sucking Leech Boy,” the miniseries,” said Ed.

“Uh... thank you for sharing that, Ed,” said Double D in his most polite voice.

As the boys walked deeper into the town, they noticed that all the townspeople were gathering in the center. Soon, they stopped right in front of a fountain pouring out green water. “So unsanitary...” Double D thought to himself and before the three boys knew what was happening, the town was filled with . . . singing. All the boys could do was listen to the song the townspeople were singing and even Double D had to admit, it had a pretty catchy tune.

---

Shadow: Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?

Siamese Shadow: Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween

Pumpkin Patch Chorus: This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night

Ghosts: This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbor's gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween
Creature Under Bed: I am the one hiding under your bed
Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red

Man Under The Stairs: I am the one hiding under your stairs
Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair

Corpse Chorus: This is Halloween, this is Halloween

Vampires: Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
In this town we call home
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song

---

“Man, is this town great or what?” asked Eddy.

“This is so cool!” said Ed.

But as Double D was listening to the song, an almost sickening realization had dawned over them. “Eddy, I think I just figured out why these costumes look so real!” he said to his friend.

“Why?” asked Eddy. But before Double D could respond, they were interrupted.

---

Mayor: In this town, don't we love it now?
Everybody's waiting for the next surprise

Corpse Chorus: 'round that corner, man, hiding in the trash can
Something's waiting now to pounce, and how you'll-

Harlequin Demon: Scream!

Werewolf: This is Halloween!

Harlequin Demon: Red and black

Melting Man: And slimy green

Werewolf: Aren't you scared?

Witches: Well, that's just fine
Say it once, say it twice
Take a chance and roll the dice
Ride with the moon in the dead of night

Hanging Tree: Everybody scream, everybody scream

Hanged Men: In our town of Halloween

Clown: I am the clown with the tear away face
Here in a flash and gone without a trace

Second Ghoul: I am the "who" when you call "Who's there?"
I am the wind blowing through your hair

Oogie Boogie Shadow: I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

Corpse Chorus: This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
Halloween! Halloween!

---

“So, what were you saying, Double D?” asked Eddy.

Double D sighed. “I was saying that the reason these costumes look so real is because they are real!” he said, almost on the brink of hysteria.

Ed’s eyes widened. Then a big grin appeared on his face. “I want to touch the monsters!” he exclaimed.

“Don’t even think about it, mister!” said Double D.

---

Child Corpse Trio: Tender lumplings everywhere
Life's no fun without a good scare

Parent Corpses: That's our job, but we're not mean
In our town of Halloween

Corpse Chorus: In this town

Mayor: Don't we love it now?
Mayor With Corpse Chorus: Everyone's waiting for the next surprise

Corpse Chorus: Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back
And scream like a banshee
Make you jump out of your skin
This is Halloween, everybody scream
Won't ya please make way for a very special guy

Our man Jack is king of the pumpkin patch
Everyone hail to the Pumpkin King now

Everyone: This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!

Corpse Child Trio: In this town we call home
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song

Everyone: La la la la, Halloween! Halloween!
La la la la, Halloween! Halloween...

As the song began to die down, everyone started laughing and surprisingly, Ed and Eddy were laughing along with them. But of course, Double D wasn’t finding the situation funny at all.

“Why on earth are you two laughing?” Double D asked his friends.

“‘Cause this place is so cool!” said Ed.

“Yeah Double D,” said Eddy. “Besides, you heard what they said in the song. They scare people, but they aren’t gonna hurt us.”

“Well, yes...” said Double D. That was actually a good point, most likely a first for Eddy. “But even so, I didn’t like that last part. ‘Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back and scream like a banshee’? Doesn’t that concern either of you?”

“Aw, come on Double D!” said Ed. “Banshee screams are the best kind!”

“Only one man’s opinion... ” said Double D.

“Hey, what’s that?” asked Eddy, pointing.

Double D and Ed looked to where Eddy was pointing and they weren’t the only ones. It seemed all the townspeople had stopped to look. A large, bald fellow with pale skin and an axe through his head was pulling something through the gate. It was a scarecrow with a jack o’ lantern head riding a horse made of straw. The scarecrow was holding a blazing torch.

“What the heck is that thing?” asked Eddy.

“Well, whatever it is, it’s captivated every person here,” said Double D.

“Shush!” said Ed. He wanted to see this.

Suddenly, the scarecrow moved! It took the torch and shoved it straight into his mouth! Then the scarecrow’s whole body went ablaze. Double D guessed this was because the straw was so dry. Then the blazing scarecrow did another dramatic feat: it jumped high into the air, off the straw horse.

Double D had to admit, this scarecrow’s act was a bit impressive. Then he suddenly began to panic. The scarecrow was diving to right where he, Ed, and Eddy were standing, and he was still on fire. Double D immediately put his arms in front of his face and waited for the blistering inferno he was sure to suffer.

But nothing happened.

Double D quickly opened his eyes and was just able to catch a glimpse of the flaming scarecrow disappearing into the fountain.

“Aw, where’d he go?” asked Ed. “COME BACK, SCARECROW GUY!” he said, bending over the fountain.

“Ed!” Eddy and Double D said at the same time, pulling their friend back. And it was a good thing they did.

Just as Eddy and Double D pulled Ed back, something rose up from the fountain. The three boys watched in fascination as a skeleton with the longest legs Double D had ever seen, the biggest grin Eddy had ever seen, and the creepiest aura Ed had ever felt rose from the bright green water. He had a black suit with white pinstripes on, and a bow tie in the shape of a bat.

All the townspeople cheered and of course, Ed cheered right along with them “WAY TO GO, SKELETON GUY!” he exclaimed. Then he stopped. “Um... he looks familiar...” he said.

Eddy also clapped, but Double D was too close to the action for his liking. “Uh... I can’t see a thing up here,” he said, creating an excuse for him to move back. “Excuse me.” Then he eagerly pushed through the crowd all the way to the back. As soon as he had some elbow room, he breathed a sigh of relief. “Much better,” he said.

Double D was about to turn his attention back to in front of him, but someone to the left of him caught his eye. It was a woman. Well... sort of. She looked more like a life sized rag doll. She had long red hair and stitches all over her pale skinned body. Even her dress looked like it was poorly sewn together. She was partially hiding behind a tree with a face on it. However, Double D decided to shake this idea off and turned his attention back to in front of him. Double D could still see Eddy and Ed. Everyone’s attention was directed toward the skeleton and everyone seemed to be talking at once.

“We did it!”

“Wasn’t it terrifying?”

“What a night!”

A short man with a cone shaped head and a very long top hat walked up to the skeleton. He was wearing a badge that said “Mayor” so that was what Double D guessed he was. “Great Halloween, everybody,” he said to the crowd.

“I believe it was our most horrible yet,” said the skeleton. “Thank you, everyone.”

“No, thanks to you, Jack,” said the Mayor. “Without your brilliant leadership...”

“Not at all,” said the skeleton, Jack.

Then everyone began to talk at once again.

“You’re such a scream, Jack!”

“You’re a witch’s fondest dream!”

“You made walls fall, Jack.”

“Walls fall? You made the very mountains crack, Jack!”

But in the midst of all the commotion, a sound that once again came to the left of Double D met his ears. He turned to the left and had to stifle a gasp. A small, bald man wearing a lab coat and in an electric wheelchair was yanking on the rag doll woman’s arm.

“The deadly nightshade you slipped me wore off, Sally,” said the man.

“Let go!” said the rag doll woman, Sally.

“You’re not ready for so much excitement!”

“Yes I am! Stop this!”

“You’re coming with me!”

“No, I’m not!” said Sally. She suddenly reached up and pulled something from her right arm, the one the man was holding. Double D thought it looked like a thread. He stifled another gasp as Sally’s right arm popped off in the man’s hand. The man was sent toppling out of his wheelchair, still holding the stray arm as Sally ran off.

“Come back here, you foolish oaf!” he called after her, just as the stray arm he was holding started to bonk him on his bald head.

Double D did his best not to laugh out loud at the sight in front of him. But still, one small laugh escaped his lips and unfortunately, the man heard it. He shot Double D a death glare as he tried to get up. Actually, Double D couldn’t tell if it was a death glare because of the glasses the man was wearing, but it still freaked him out.

“Oh look, my shoe’s untied... over there,” Double D quickly said. Then he ran off but he stopped when somebody grabbed his arm.

“Double D, come on!” Hearing Eddy’s voice caused a wave of relief to wash over Double D. “We gotta hurry or we’ll lose him!”

“Lose who, Eddy?” asked Double D.

“Jack!” said Eddy. “We gotta hurry or we’ll lose Jack!” Then he ran away from the crowd. Ed followed him, but there was something different about him. He looked deep in thought, which was probably the first time he has seen him like this. Double D quickly ran after his two friends. It wasn’t a long run, but he was still panting heavily when he finally caught up.

“Shhhh!” Eddy shushed him. “Do you want them to hear us?”

“Eddy, may I ask why are we following this “Jack” character?” asked Double D.

“I heard people in that town say that Jack was a king!” said Eddy. “And when there’s a kings, there’s cash!”

Double D caught a glimpse of dollar signs in his friend’s eyes. “Eddy, don’t tell me you’re planning to scam Jack!” Eddy looked at his friend with his usual smirk. “Okay, I won’t,” he said. Then the three boys peered around the wall they were against.

Jack was walking past a musical trio, which consisted of a bass player, an accordion player, and a saxophone player. But there was something different about Jack. He didn’t look so happy anymore. He sulked as he walked.

“Nice work, Bone Daddy,” said the saxophone player.

“Yeah, I guess so,” said Jack, forcing a smile which immediately disappeared. “Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...”

“Huh?” asked Eddy as he watched Jack walk away. “What’s his problem? Did he not see all those people cheering for him?”

“Maybe he’s tired,” suggested Double D.

“Yeah, a skeleton tired?” asked Eddy. “Get with the program, Double D.”

“I think I just thunk,” said Ed, speaking for the first time.

“Again with the questionable English, Ed?” asked Double D.

Ed reached into his pocket and pulled out a comic book. He held it up for his friends to see. Eddy and Double D’s eyes widened once their eyes laid upon the comic book. There, on the cover of Ed’s comic book, was a picture of Jack. The title above his picture read “The Pumpkin King.”

“Geez Ed, you’ve got a comic book for everything, don’t you?” asked Eddy.

“‘The Pumpkin King’?” asked Double D. “What’s that mean?”

“It means that skeleton man is none other than Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King!” said Ed. “He’s the ruler of Halloween! The Master of Terror! The King of Nightmares!”

“You mean he’s not a real king?” asked Eddy, the disappointment obvious in his voice.

“Is that all you ever think about, Eddy?” asked Double D. “Money?”

“Nope,” said Eddy. “I think about candy, too and so far, I’m not seeing any in this Spook-E-Ville. What do you think, Ed?”

But when Eddy and Double D looked, Ed was not there.

“Wait for me, Pumpkin King!” Eddy and Double D heard further down the sidewalk. “You must sign my comic book!”

“Ed!” the remaining two boys yelled together. They quickly ran after their overexcited friend but there was one thing that none of the three boys knew. What they didn’t know was that this was the start of a great adventure. For all three of them.

Last edited:

Jack London

Banned
This is really good so far, I like it =D. They're all acting exactly like they would in the show, I just think that double D has said "Oh Dear" a bit toooo much =P.

Keep up the good work.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Thanks... and Double D does not say 'Oh dear' too much, lol. He only said it like three times, Wolfy. Anywho... I might be a while until I'm done with chapter 3. It's short but I'm going to be busy over the weekend. But hopefully I'll be able to put it up.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Thanks for the comments. Luckily i was able to finish chapter 3 considering my plans of going paintballing today was pushed aside. So I bring to you the next chapter!

Note: The song the Ed's sing was originally the "Stouthearted Men." I just changed the lyrics so that it was more suitable for the Ed's.

~Chapter 3: Jack's Lament, Stouthearted Eds~

Eddy and Double D were able to catch up to Ed before he could make a spectacle of himself. Then Eddy quickly explained to Ed that they had to be sneaky and quiet so Jack wouldn’t see them. Thankfully, the message actually got to Ed’s tiny brain that night, and he said he understood.

So the three Eds followed the tall, forlorn-looking skeleton at a safe distance. Before they knew it, they found themselves in the graveyard by the pumpkin patch again. They quickly ducked behind a tombstone and peered around it, hoping like heck Jack didn’t see them.

They watched as Jack stopped near a small grave that looked like a doghouse. The name on the doghouse grave read “Zero.” Jack patted his lap two times. A small ghost dog with a bright orange nose popped out of the grave and began to follow Jack as he continued to walk.

Jack walked into the pumpkin patch and to the top of Spiral Hill. All the Eds could see of him now was a tall, dark silhouette against the bright yellow moon. Then, all of the sudden, they heard the sound of the Pumpkin King explaining his frustrations in song.

Jack: There are few who'd deny, at what I do I am the best
For my talents are renowned far and wide
When it comes to surprises in the moonlit night
I excel without ever even trying

With the slightest little effort of my ghostlike charms
I have seen grown men give out a shriek
With the wave of my hand, and a well placed moan
I have swept the very bravest off their feet

Yet, year after year, it's the same routine
And I grow so weary of the sound of screams
And I, Jack, the Pumpkin King
Have grown so tired of the same old thing

Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known.

---

Eddy ducked down back behind the grave. “Man, what’s with this guy?” he asked Double D and Ed. “He’s practically worshiped and he’s miserable!”

“Well Eddy, some of the most famous and successful people in the world are also the most miserable,” said Double D. “It’s a proven fact.”

“And you know what else they say,” said Ed. “‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.’”

But instead of laughing, Double D and Eddy frowned at the irony of Ed’s saying. “So Ed,” said Eddy. “Tell us more about this guy.”

“Can do, Eddy,” said Ed. He opened his comic book about Jack Skellington. Then he began to read.

---

Ed: He’s a master of fright, and a demon of light
And he’ll scare you right out of your pants
To a guy in Kentucky, he’s Mister Unlucky
And he’s known throughout England and France

And since he is dead, he can take off his head
To recite Shakespearean quotations
No animal nor man can scream like he can
With the fury of his, uh, his...

Ed paused and quickly flipped through the pages.

Ed: ...recitations.
Am I a good reader or what?

“Shhhh!” Eddy hissed furiously as he pointed at Jack. The three boys cautiously peered over the tombstone again while Jack continued to sing.

---

Jack: But who here would ever understand
That the Pumpkin King with the skeleton grin
Would tire of his crown, if they only understood
He'd give it all up if he only could

Oh, there's an empty place in my bones
That calls out for something unknown
The fame and praise come year after year
Does nothing for these empty tears.

---

Then the Eds watched as the spiral of Spiral Hill uncurled into a path toward the same woods they had come from. Jack and the little ghost dog walked down the path and disappeared into the woods. It wasn’t until about thirty seconds later that the Eds came out of their hiding place. But as Double D got up, he saw something out of the corner of his eye. But when he turned back, no one was there. He could have sworn that he saw Sally leaving the graveyard.

“I can’t believe this guy!” Eddy said in frustration, snapping Double D back to attention. “He wants to give up his fame? How stupid can you get?”

“Actually Eddy, that’s what most successful people wish for,” said Double D. “It’s not really worth it to have what you want but not be happy about it. Another proven fact.”

“Yeah, well, I know one successful guy that’s not gonna end up like that,” said Eddy.

“And who might that be?” asked Double D.

“Me, of course!” said Eddy.

Double D laughed at this. “You’re joking, right?” he asked.

“No!” said Eddy. “Okay, so I’m not the most successful person now, but just you wait! My day’s gonna come soon! And I’m gonna savor every moment of it!”

“And I suppose once you obtain that power, you’re not going to need Ed and me anymore,” said Double D.

“What are you, nuts?” asked Eddy. “I can’t do a thing without your brain and Ed’s empty headedness!”

Double D was surprised by this statement. “You really mean that, Eddy?”

“Sure!” said Eddy. “And I know that you guys can’t do anything without me either. As long as we’re together, at least we actually have a chance at getting jawbreakers.”

“Ah yes, jawbreakers,” said Double D. “The one thing we all have in common.”

“Yum yum yum!” said Ed.

“Exactly!” said Eddy. “And since I’m obviously the brains of this operation, I say we go into those woods and keep following Jack. Then once we figure out a little more about this Spook-E-Ville, we can go home. I promise. ‘Cause we’re the brave and determined Eds.”

“Determined, maybe,” said Double D. “But I’m not so sure about the “brave” part. But even so, I think there’s a word for what we are," he added as he tapped his index finger on his chin. "Stouthearted.”

“Stouthearted...” said Eddy. “That gives me an idea...”

“Eddy, I hear a marching cadence,” said Double D. “Are you going to sing?”

“Yep,” said Eddy. Then Ed and Double D watched as Eddy began to march over to Spiral Hill, while singing this song.

Eddy: We are the Eds
Yes, the Stouthearted Eds
And we fight for the candy we adore

Start you with ten
Of our stouthearted scams
It’s okay, we have ten thousand more, oh!

Shoulder to shoulder
And bolder and bolder
We grow as we go through the fore

Then, everything in the world
Just halts and fails our plan

But, Stouthearted Eds
Must stick together Ed to Ed!

Soon, Double D and Ed were marching along with Eddy and as they got to Spiral Hill, they began to get in the singing mood, too.

Edd: We do have dreams
But alas, they don’t come true

Eddy: All of our schemes
They all fail because of you

Ed: Do not fear my friends, we have spirit
And one day that will see us through

Ed Edd n Eddy: Scams, we’ve expired
Others thrown, into fire

Eddy: But the strong obey
When a strong Ed shows them the way...

---

“And who might that be, Eddy?” joked Double D.

Eddy frowned as a response. But he was soon marching along with his friends again. They immediately found out that Spiral Hill uncoiled automatically, and they began to walk down the same path Jack took into the forest and they were still singing.

---

Ed Edd n Eddy: We are the Eds
Yes, the Stouthearted Eds
And we fight for the candy we adore

Start you with ten
Of our stouthearted scams
It’s okay, we have ten thousand more, oh!

Shoulder to shoulder
And bolder and bolder
We grow, as we go through the fore

Then, everything in the world
Just halts and fails our plan

But, Stouthearted Eds
Must stick together Ed to Ed!

---

When the Eds stopped singing, they started laughing at the song they had just made up. They were now at the entrance of the woods.

“Read to me what is on the sign, Double D,” said Ed.

Sure enough, there was a sign next to the entrance. The letters were faded, so Double D had to squint to make them out.

“‘Welcome to the Hinterlands,’” he read. “‘You can go in...but you can never come out.’” He gulped after he read the last part.

“Aw, they’re just trying to scare us again,” said Eddy. “We’ve been through these woods before. We can take it. Because we’re the Stouthearted Eds, remember?”

Double D chuckled. “All right,” he said. “But just remember, we don’t want to make too much noise. We have to keep a low profile, look out for anything dangerous...”

But when Double D looked up, he saw that Eddy and Ed were already making their way into the woods.

“...And now, we need to stop talking to ourselves,” Double D said as he quickly followed his two friends into the woods.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Good to see more comments but now I bring to you... Chapter 4!

~Chapter 4: What's This?~

And so the three Stouthearted Eds marched through the dark and creepy woods known as the Hinterlands. Of course, Eddy led, with Double D in the middle and Ed at the rear. However, after marching for a while, the Eds began to notice that something wasn’t right. There was no sign of Jack anywhere, yet they clearly saw him entering these woods. But now it seemed that they were the only living things in the woods at the moment. Suddenly and very abruptly, Eddy stopped dead in his tracks at a certain tree. Since it was unexpected, Double D ran into Eddy, and Ed ran into Double D.

“Eddy, what...” Double D was about to say, but Eddy quickly covered his friend’s mouth. Double D noticed something different about Eddy’s expression. He looked like he had seen a ghost. That’s when Double D saw what had freaked Eddy out, and he too became alarmed. There, sitting right in front of the three boys, asleep with his back against the tree, was Jack Skellington. Zero was asleep at his side.

Unfortunately, Ed saw Jack, too. “PUMPKIN KING MUST SIGN COMIC BOOK!” he yelled loudly.

“Ed!” Eddy and Double D furiously whispered, jumping on their friend. But as both boys were putting their hands over Ed’s mouth, they heard Jack stir. Eddy’s face went pale and Double D couldn’t stop trembling. But they both immediately relaxed when Jack just shifted his body to a more comfortable position. Miraculously, Ed’s outburst had not woken him up.

“Shut up, stupid!” Eddy hissed at his friend. “Are you trying to blow our cover?”

“But Eddy...” Ed was able to make out, though it was still very muffled.

“Sssh!” said Double D and Ed.

“We gotta get out of here!” whispered Double D.

“Right,” said Eddy. “Follow me.”

The three Stouthearted Eds very carefully tiptoed past the sleeping skeleton. They all breathed a sigh of relief when they were all safely past him.

“I don’t even want to think about what would have happened if he had woken up...” said Double D.

“Yeah,” said Eddy. “How are you holding out, Ed?”

But once again, Ed was not there.

“Ed?” Eddy asked, the panic rising in his voice again. He looked over at Jack, but Ed was no where near there.

“Hey guys, come over here!” To Eddy and Double D’s relief, Ed’s voice came from the opposite direction of Jack.

“Now what are you doing, Monobrow?” Eddy asked as he and Double D walked over to their empty-headed friend, who was about ten feet away from Jack.

“Look,” said Ed, pointing in front of them.

Eddy and Double D gasped. They were met with quite a sight. In front of them were more trees, and each of them had a door carved into them. There was an Easter egg door, a shamrock door, a heart door, a firecracker door, a turkey door, and a jack o’ lantern door (identical to the one back in Peach Creek). But the last door was the most amazing sight of all. The last door looked exactly like a large Christmas tree. It even had ornaments and a star on top.

For some reason, the Stouthearted Eds were most intrigued by this particular door. It was probably because Christmas was their favorite holiday. However, the Eds liked Christmas for different reasons: Ed liked Christmas because of Santa, Double D liked Christmas mainly because of the great feelings it gave him, and of course, Eddy liked Christmas because the presents, well the good presents anyway.

Eddy looked at his two comrades. Then he slowly walked up and turned the knob on the Christmas tree door. When they looked inside, the three Eds saw the exact same thing they had seen in the jack o’ lantern door, a whole lot of dark.

“Where do you think it leads?” asked Eddy.

“I’m not sure,” said Double D. “But I feel that we shouldn’t take any chances, considering the consequences we may...”

“WOOHOO!”

Double D quickly turned around, just in time to see Ed jumping into the tree. Eddy was standing on the side, getting ready to jump in.

“YAHOO!” yelled Eddy as he too disappeared into the tree.

Double D was about to yell, but then he remembered that Jack was still asleep a few feet away. He bent over the side of the door. “Eddy!” he said in a loud whisper. “You get back up here and close this door!”

Just then, Double D heard a small whimpering sound behind him. He turned around. Jack was still asleep, so it couldn’t have been him. Then he heard it again. Double D looked down, then his eyes widened. Floating right in front of his feet was Jack’s ghost dog, Zero.

“Shoo!” Double D whispered, waving his hands at the dog. “Shoo... shoo!”

But of course, Zero paid no heed to Double D’s words. Instead, he opened his mouth and clamped his teeth down on Double D’s leg.

“Oh dear, NOT MY SOCK AGAIN!” Double D yelled. Then he immediately clamped his hands over his mouth. Then he took a few steps backward and fell head over heels into the tree. Luckily, Zero had let go of his leg.

As Double D fell, the Christmas tree door slammed shut behind him. But the sensation of falling through darkness wasn’t why Double D was so freaked out. He was freaked out because right before he fell, he saw Jack standing up. . .

But before Double D could think of anything else, he hit the ground, face-first again. But this time it was different. This time, he landed on something soft. And cold. When he got up, he looked down and saw that the soft, cold thing he had landed in was snow.

“What on earth?” he thought. Then he saw Eddy and Ed. Both boys were standing a few feet away, with their backs turned to Double D.

Double D quickly walked up to see what was wrong with his friends. When he got closer, he saw that both Eddy and Ed’s eyes were as wide as dinner plates, and their mouths were hanging wide open. But when Double D saw what his friends were looking at, he adopted the same expression his friends had.

The sight below the Stouthearted Eds was incredible. They were on top of a hill, and at the bottom, there was a little town. The town was brightly lit with Christmas lights, and there were red and white stripes everywhere.

All three Eds had a grin on their face. They looked at each other for a few seconds, then all three of them ran down the hill at top speed toward the town. When they got to the town, they separated and began running all over the place, just taking in all of the sights. Soon, the Eds got so excited that they began to sing. But what they didn’t know was that they weren’t the only newcomers to this town.

Jack: What's this? What's this?
Edd: There's color everywhere
Eddy: What's this?
Ed: There's white things in the air

Jack: What's this?
I can't believe my eyes
I must be dreaming
Wake up, Jack, this isn't fair
What's this?

Eddy: What's this? What's this?
There's something very wrong

Ed: What's this?
Edd: There's people singing songs

The streets are lined with
Little creatures laughing
Everybody seems so happy
Have I possibly gone daffy?
What is this?
What's this?

Ed: There's children throwing snowballs
Jack: Instead of throwing heads
Ed: They're busy building toys
Jack: And absolutely no one's dead

Edd: There's frost in every window
Oh, I can't believe my eyes

Jack: And in my bones I feel the warmth
That's coming from inside

Edd: Oh, look! What's this?
Eddy: They're hanging mistletoe
Ed: They kiss?
Jack: Why, that looks so unique
Inspired!

Edd: They're gathering around to hear a story
Roasting chestnuts on a fire
What's this?

In here they've got a little tree
How queer
And who would ever think?
And why?

Ed: They're covering it with tiny little things
Eddy: They've got electric lights on strings
Edd: And there's a smile on everyone
Jack: So, now, correct me if I'm wrong
This looks like fun
This looks like fun
Oh, could it be I got my wish?
What's this?

Jack: Oh my, what now?
The children are asleep
But look, there's nothing underneath
No ghouls, no witches here to scream or scare them
Or ensnare them, only little cozy things
Secure inside their dreamland
What's this?

The monsters are all missing
And the nightmares can't be found
And in their place there seems to be
Good feeling all around

Instead of screams, I swear
I can hear music in the air
The smell of cakes and pies
Are absolutely everywhere

Edd: The sights, the sounds
Ed: They're everywhere and all around
Eddy: I've never felt so good before
Jack: This empty place inside of me is filling up
I simply cannot get enough

I want it, oh, I want it
Oh, I want it for my own
I've got to know, I've got to know
What is this place that I have found?

Jack, Ed Edd n Eddy: What is this?

---

Now, it was either pure bliss or pure ignorance, but for some reason, none of the Stouthearted Eds seemed to notice the eight foot skeleton who was also running around this new place, even when one of them would run right next to him. It was the same story for Jack. He was so giddy that he didn’t see the three boys that looked like Zombie Elvis, the Bubonic Plague, and a Viking running around. He just had to know what this place was called.

Meanwhile, Eddy and Double D caught up with each other again, and they were gasping for air.

“This place rocks!” Eddy exclaimed between deep breaths.

“I agree,” said Double D. “I must know the name of this town we’ve found! Uh, Eddy?”

“What?” asked Eddy.

“Where’s Ed?”

The two friends looked around. Ed was nowhere to be seen.

“Oh, for crying out loud!” said Eddy. He got up and ran to the entrance of the town, Double D following him.

“Ed!” called Double D.

“Hey, Monobrow!” called Eddy.

But somehow, Ed had just vanished.

“Oh, this is not good,” said Double D. “Who knows what kind of mischief Ed could cause here by himself? Hmm?”

“What?” asked Eddy. Then he looked up. At the entrance of the town, a big banner was hung overhead.

“‘Christmas Town’?” Eddy read. “Hold up. You mean this town is all Christmas?”

“Well, that certainly explains a lot,” said Double D. “But right now we have to concentrate on the situation at hand. Where’s Ed?”

“Oh, how should I know?” asked Eddy. “For all we know, he’s off looking for Santa, wanting to find out how to be an honorary elf!”

But as Eddy talked, Double D’s eyes widened. “Um... Eddy?” he nervously asked his friend.

“Just a second,” said Eddy. “Now I know that Ed’s Christmas crazy, so we might have trouble finding him...”

“Eddy...”

“Will you be patient? Anyway, we might have trouble finding him, but we have an advantage, because these eyes don’t miss a thing!”

And with that, Eddy whirled around to take a good look at Christmas Town but instead, his eyes met black and white stripes. Now Eddy stopped dead in his tracks. He knew where he had seen black and white stripes like that before.

“Greetings, fellow Halloween creatures!”

Eddy let out a gasp and jumped into the air, toppling over backwards into the snow but he quickly sat up again.

“DON’T SNEAK UP ON PEOPLE LIKE THAT!” he yelled as he put his Elvis glasses back on, which had fallen off his head.

“Um... actually, I have to. It’s my job,” said the all too familiar skeleton standing in front of Double D and Eddy. “Oh, forgive me! I haven’t even introduced myself. I’m...”

“We know,” interrupted Eddy, brushing the snow off his costume. “Jack Skellington. The Pumpkin King.”

“Wow, I’m famous!” said Jack. He paused and watched as Eddy stood up.

“What?” asked Eddy.

“Aren’t you going to tell me your names?” asked Jack.

“Oh, right,” said Eddy. “I’m Eddy, and that’s Double D.” As Eddy introduced Double D, the shy boy in the sock hat gave a nervous little wave. “Say, you haven’t seen a Viking with one eyebrow and no chin running around, have you?” Eddy added.

“Uh... no. I think I’d remember something like that,” said Jack.

“Darn,” grumbled Eddy. “That idiot’s gonna be the death of us.”

“Anyway, I was wondering if you two could help me,” said Jack. “What is the significance of all these strange rituals in this town? I’ve never seen such wonders!”

Eddy stared at Jack for a few minutes. “What’s the matter, buddy?” he asked. “Haven’t you ever heard of Christmas?”

“Christmas?” repeated Jack. “What is this thing, ‘Christmas’?”

Eddy said nothing. Instead, he slowly held his arms out in front of him and formed the shape of a cross with his index fingers, then pointed it at Jack.

“Oh, that's real mature, Eddy,” said Double D, speaking for the first time. Then he turned his direction to Jack. “Dear Jack, surely you’ve heard of the holiday Christmas?”

“Holiday?” asked Jack. “You mean there are other holidays besides Halloween?”

Now even Double D was a little shocked. Jack didn’t know about any of the other holidays? But as he thought about it, it began to make sense. Jack’s main focus was Halloween. Of course he wasn’t going to know about any other holidays.

“Well, Jack... gosh, how can I explain this?” said Double D. “Well... Christmas is a time of year where we give thanks to others and give presents as an act of kindness to others.”

“Ah, I say it’s a big waste of time,” said Eddy. “Christmas stinks.”

Now it was Jack’s turn to be shocked. “How can you say that?” he asked Eddy. “This is exactly what I’ve been missing! I must find a way to bring Christmas to Halloween.”

“Christmas to Halloween?” asked Double D. “That sounds like something Ed would say. Which reminds me... he’s still missing.”

“Oh, right,” said Eddy. “Well, we can’t seem to find him here. Maybe he already went back to Spook-E-Ville.”

“Spook-E-Ville?” asked Jack. “There’s no such place.”

“Oh yeah?” asked Eddy. “Then what do you call this?” He reached into Double D’s pocket and took out the map, then showed it to the Pumpkin King.

Jack took the map and got a good look at it. “There’s no such place as Spook-E-Ville,” he repeated, handing the map back to Eddy. “This is a map of Halloween Town.”

“Halloween Town?” asked Eddy.

“Is that where you live, Jack?” asked Double D.

“It sure is,” said Jack. “But where did you two get a map of Halloween Town?”

“Ah, it’s no big deal,” said Eddy. “It’s just my brother’s old map. Anyway, you two do whatever you want. I’m going back to Spook-E-Ville.”

“Halloween Town,” corrected Double D.

“Whatever,” said Eddy.

“Wait, Eddy!” said Jack. “You two seem to be quite the experts on Christmas.”

“Well, I don’t like to brag,” said Eddy. “But...”

“Hmm...” said Jack. He looked at the two boys. “Eddy... Double D... how would you two like to help me with a little... project I’m planning?”

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
The thing is, it looks like you've got a lot of talent there. You're literate, and you've got an excellent style going. ^-^

And I'm sorry if you think this is insulting (I don't mean to be), but it's being... wasted.

With your talent, you could be writing something great, like an amazing original story, or even a different fanfic. But the Eds, as amusing as they are, aren't good fan-fic material. And the mergement of a Nightmare Before Christmas and the Eds is like fitting a square peg in a round hole. It doesn't go too much (although you've worked it pretty well).

Keep writing. Whether it's this, or a new project, it'll develop your skills. And I'll definitely be looking out for later works. ^-^

<3 <3

Aphex

.Inspire.
Sorry that it took a while! mid-terms week suck :angry:. Without further ado, here's Chapter 5!

~Chapter 5: Town's Meeting Song~

“You know, we just left, but I already miss Christmas Town,” Jack was saying to Eddy and Double D.

“Why?” asked Eddy. “You’re bringing most of it back with you.”

Jack had Eddy and Double D help him go around Christmas Town, filling a huge sack with things to take back to Halloween Town. However, when they were done collecting things, they realized that the sack was too heavy for them to carry. So Jack had resorted to tying the sack to the back of a nearby snowmobile.

Now they were riding back home, with Jack driving, Eddy and Double D riding on the top of the sack and Zero floating close by.

“I still can’t believe we couldn’t find Ed,” said Eddy.

“I told you to look for him while we were collecting things,” said Double D.

“No, you didn’t!” said Eddy. “First, I said, ‘There is no way we’re helping Jack go around and collect things to bring back to Halloween Town,’ then he came up right behind us and shrieked, then you started crying, and then I said, ‘Okay, fine! But then we need to look for Ed.’ And now we’re here, still without an Ed!”

“I wasn’t crying!” protested Double D.

“Well, you were gonna,” grumbled Eddy.

“Um, I hate to interrupt this very interesting conversation, but we’re almost to Halloween Town,” said Jack.

“Oh. Right,” said Double D.

“Fine,” said Eddy.

---

Apparently, the townspeople weren’t used to Jack disappearing for a long period of time, because as soon as they drove in, a crowd gathered, asking if Jack was all right and where he had been.

“Where were you?” asked the Mayor. Then he saw Eddy and Double D atop the huge sack. “And who are those two?” he added, pointing to them.

“Call a town meeting and I’ll tell everyone about it,” said Jack.

“When?” asked the Mayor.

“Immediately!” said Jack.

---

Later that night, all of the townspeople were gathering at the town hall. Eddy and Double D were already there. There was a stage at the front of the town hall, and the curtains were closed. The two boys were backstage with a small Christmas tree they had taken from Christmas Town. Jack had instructed them to sit on stools and hold their props until he needed them.

“This is stupid,” said Eddy, holding a big red stocking. “We should be looking for Ed.”

“Oh come now, Eddy,” said Double D, who was holding a present. “Jack said this wouldn’t take long. We’ll have plenty of time to look for Ed after the meeting is over.”

“Yeah, well I don’t like this one bit,” said Eddy. “Jack’s got something much bigger in mind. I can tell . . . ”

“Oh Eddy,” said Double D. “What could possibly go wrong?” At that moment, Jack stepped out from behind the curtain to address the crowd. “Listen everyone,” Eddy and Double D heard him say. “I want to tell you about Christmas Town.” Then the tone of Jack’s voice changed. Eddy could definitely tell what was coming.

Jack: There were objects so peculiar
They were not to be believed
All around, things to tantalize my brain

It's a world unlike anything I've ever seen
And as hard as I try
I can't seem to describe
Like a most improbable dream

But you must believe when I tell you this
It's as real as my skull and it does exist
Here, let me show you

Then, without warning, Jack pulled the curtain back, exposing Eddy, Double D, and the Christmas tree to the awestruck crowd. Eddy and Double D had to shield their eyes from the sudden bright light. “Corneas...” Double D whispered. He was so busy keeping his hands in front of his eyes that he almost didn’t notice Jack taking the present from his lap.

Jack: This is a thing called a present
The whole thing starts with a box

Devil: A box?
Is it steel?

Werewolf: Are there locks?

Harlequin Demon: Is it filled with a pox?

Devil, Werewolf, Harlequin Demon: A pox
How delightful, a pox

Eddy held in snickers. Deep in the back of his mind, he figured something like this might happen.

Jack: If you please
Just a box with bright-colored paper
And the whole thing's topped with a bow

Witches: A bow?
But why?
How ugly
What's in it?
What's in it?

Edd: That's the point of the thing, not to know

Clown: It's a bat
Will it bend?

Creature Under the Stairs: It's a rat
Will it break?

Undersea Gal: Perhaps it’s the head that I found in the lake

Jack: Listen now, you don't understand
That's not the point of Christmas-land

---

“I’ll say it isn’t,” thought Eddy. Now he was forcing a very loud laughter from escaping his throat. He knew he still had to find Ed, and now wasn’t the time to be making fun of Jack, but the look on Jack’s face was just priceless! He looked so funny when he was confused! But Eddy immediately forced a straight face when Jack gestured to him. He quickly handed his stocking to the Pumpkin King, then went back to suppressing his laughter.

---

Jack: Now, pay attention
We pick up an over sized sock
And hang it like this on the wall

Mr. Hyde: Oh, yes! Does it still have a foot?

Medium Mr. Hyde: Let me see, let me look

Small Mr. Hyde: Is it rotted and covered with gook?

Jack: Um, let Eddy explain

Eddy froze. He had been caught off-guard. Had he heard Jack right? He felt the red go right to his cheeks as his mind raced.

Eddy: Uh... there's no foot inside, but there's candy
Or sometimes it's filled with small toys

Mummy, Winged Demon: Small toys

Winged Demon: Do they bite?

Mummy: Do they snap?

Winged Demon: Or explode in a sack?

Corpse Kid: Or perhaps they just spring out
And scare girls and boys

Mayor: What a splendid idea
This Christmas sounds fun
I fully endorse it
Let's try it at once

Jack looked at the crowd, then glanced at Double D and Eddy. Double D gave a polite smile, while Eddy just shrugged. Jack turned his attention back to the crowd.

Jack: Everyone, please now, not so fast
There's something here that you don't quite grasp
Well, I may as well give them what they want

And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last
For the ruler of this Christmas-land
Is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice
Least that's what I've come to understand

And I've also heard it told
That he's something to behold
Like a lobster, huge and red
When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on
Carting bulging sacks with his big great arms
That is, so I've heard it said

As Eddy listened to Jack’s description of the ruler of Christmas Town, the red went to his cheeks again, but for a different reason this time. Jack was so engrossed with the crowd that he didn’t even notice Eddy getting up from his seat and walking over to his Christmas tree.

Jack: And on a dark cold night
Under full moonlight
He flies into a fog
Like a vulture in the sky
And they call him... Sandy Claws

This really got the crowd going. They began to talk amongst themselves, saying how fun Christmas sounded and how much they wanted to try it. But even so, there was still one person in the room who was unhappy.

Jack: Well, at least they're excited
But they don't understand
That special kind of feeling in Christmas-land
Oh, well...

That was when Jack turned to talk to Eddy and Double D, only to find that they were no longer in their seats. He quickly looked around the room, but his helpers were nowhere to be found. Upon closer inspection, Jack also discovered that all of the little glass Christmas balls were missing from his Christmas tree.

Aphex

.Inspire.
~Chapter 6: Jack's Obsession~

POP!

“Eddy, please stop!”

POP!

“Eddy!”

POP!

“Jack’s going to be mad!”

Eddy paid no attention to his friend. He simply picked up another Christmas ball he had taken from Jack’s tree and threw it down the alley the two friends were in. When it hit the wall at the far end of the alley, it broke with a loud POP!

“Eddy, this is so wrong!” said Double D. “Someone’s sure to discover your act of vandalism.”

“Ah, the way the people act in this town, they’ll probably thank me,” said Eddy, picking up another ball. “I’M GONNA KILL THAT CREEP!” he yelled as he threw the ball.

“Ed or Jack?” asked Double D. “Because since Jack’s a skeleton, technically he’s already dead.”

“I’ll kill whoever gets in my way first!” Eddy interrupted. “I knew this was a bad idea! I knew Jack really didn’t know about Christmas!”

“Eddy, please calm down,” said Double D. “Don’t you think you’re overreacting?”

“‘Sandy Claws’?” said Eddy, repeating what Jack had said. “‘When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on?”

“I do admit, Jack has a way with trying one’s patience.” said Double D. “But you have to understand, Eddy. Jack’s never heard of any other holiday besides Halloween. Of course he’s going to be confused!”

“Well, I don’t buy it!” said Eddy. “This is going to turn into something really bad. I can feel it.”

“So what do you intend to do, Eddy?” asked Double D.

Eddy thought for a moment. “Think we’d be able to find Jack’s house?” he asked.

---

A few minutes later, Double D and Eddy were hiding in the bushes outside Jack’s house.

“You can’t be serious,” whispered Double D.

“I’m dead serious,” said Eddy, holding a piece of wood he had found.

“First vandalism, and now this?” asked Double D. “Eddy, do you have any idea what the consequences of your actions will be? And whatever happened to looking for Ed?”

“Ed will have to wait,” said Eddy.

Just then, the door to Jack’s house opened, and Jack stepped out. As his door was closing, Eddy quietly ran up and jammed the wood into the door so it wouldn’t shut. Luckily, Jack was already outside his gate, so he didn’t notice.

“Eddy, please reconsider,” said Double D. “You’re trespassing on private property.”

“No I’m not!” said Eddy, opening the door and entering Jack’s house. “I just wanna see what he’s up to.”

“Eddy, I think the last thing Jack needs right now is you spying on him,” said Double D.

“Look, I’ve made up my mind,” said Eddy. “As soon as I figure out what he’s doing, I get out as soon as the coast is clear. And you have to stay out here and wait for me. Then we’ll look for Ed.”

“But who knows how long that will take?” said Double D.

“Nobody,” Eddy simply answered. Then he shut the door behind him.

Double D groaned. “What a stubborn old mule,” he thought as he went back to hide in the bushes.

---

Eddy was walking up some stairs that led to the top floor of Jack’s house. When he got to the top floor, he was met with quite a sight.

Jack’s interior decorating was probably typical to Halloween Town, but not to Eddy. The guy had a guillotine in his room nd an electric chair. But that wasn’t the weird part. Jack had decked out the entire room with Christmas decorations. There was even a very skimpy Christmas tree in the corner, with Zero asleep next to it.

Eddy walked over to the Christmas tree. Hung next to it was a set of very baggy pajamas, complete with a little sleep cap. “And I thought Ed’s room was scary...” Eddy thought, looking around the room again.

“Zero, I’m home.”

Eddy panicked when he heard Jack’s voice. He had to hide but where? The Christmas tree was too bare to hide behind. He looked at the window. Maybe behind the curtains? Luckily, Jack had very long curtains. As Eddy went to hide behind them, Zero woke up. He looked at Eddy and barked.

“Shut up!” Eddy whispered before disappearing behind the curtains.

It was a good thing he did, because just as he did, Jack appeared. “I got some equipment from the doctor,” he said to Zero. “Now I can experiment on the things from Christmas Town.”

“Experiment?” thought Eddy. Luckily, Jack was too busy to notice the huge bulge that was now in his curtains.

Jack’s curtains were translucent enough that Eddy could see through them. He watched as Jack began to take things with a more scientific approach. He looked at holly under a microscope. He tried making paper snowflakes, but they looked more like spider webs. He dissected a teddy bear. He made a solution and added a crushed ornament to it. It was then that Eddy was once again thankful that he wasn’t hiding behind the tree.

“Interesting reaction,” said Jack. “But what does it mean?”

---

Meanwhile, outside of Jack’s house, Double D was still waiting for Eddy. And he was beginning to get impatient. “What’s taking him so long?” he thought. He was just about to walk up and leave, when something happened.

It was Sally. She was walking up to Jack’s house with a basket. Double D quietly watched as Sally attached the basket to a piece of rope, then slowly lifted it to Jack’s window on the top floor.

---

Eddy was watching Jack write some formula out on his chalkboard, when something tapped on the window. Whatever it was, it caught Jack’s attention. Wait a minute... Eddy was right next to the window and Jack was going over to it. He was going to get caught.

But miraculously, Eddy wasn’t caught. He watched as Jack opened the window. There was a basket hanging outside. Jack took the basket and waved down to somebody. Who was it? Eddy couldn’t tell who it was, and he didn’t dare move from his spot. Then he noticed that the sun was beginning to come up. Jack had been up all night.

“Geez, hasn’t this guy ever heard of sleep?” Eddy thought.

---

Down below, Double D watched as Sally ran away from Jack’s house after giving him the basket. He then saw her run out the gate and hide behind the stone wall. Double D cautiously walked over to the wall, climbed up it, and sat at the top. Sally was below him, sitting on the ground.

“I knew it,” Double D heard himself say. “You really like him, don’t you?”

This caught Sally’s attention. She looked around, trying to find out where that voice had come from. She finally looked up and saw Double D.

At that point, Double D had become aware of what he had just said. His face went bright red. “Oh, uh, forgive me for prying like that.” he stammered out. “My name is Edd, with two D’s. Call me Double D.”

Sally smiled. “It’s nice to meet you, Double D.” Her voice was soft and timid. She seemed almost as shy as Double D. “My name is Sally.”

“I... I couldn’t help but notice that you seem to be fond of Jack,” said Double D. “I’m sorry if I...”

“Oh, it’s no trouble at all,” said Sally. “I guess you could say that...” she added quietly.

“May I ask you why you let that man in the wheelchair... you know... push you around?” asked Double D.

“You mean Dr. Finkelstein?” asked Sally. “I don’t really have much choice. You see, he’s my creator.”

“Creator?” asked Double D. “Well, I can see that, but still, does he have to be that extreme?”

“Yes, he’s a little strict at times, but he is the one who gave me life,” said Sally.

“And isn’t that a reason to stick around?” thought Double D. “But I’m guessing that you’d rather much spend time with Jack?”

“I guess I would like that,” said Sally. “I’d like to wish him good luck.” She paused to pick one of the flowers that were growing by the wall. Double D recognized it as a forget-me-not. “That basket was all I could do...” Sally continued, “but I’ll be hoping for his success.”

Suddenly, right before their eyes, the forget-me-not slowly turned into a little Christmas tree, complete with ornaments. Sally and Double D’s eyes widened at the beauty of it but a few seconds later, their eyes widened for a different reason. The little Christmas tree instantaneously burst into flames.

Double D’s jaw dropped. “What was that?” he asked quietly.

“Oh dear,” said Sally. “I was afraid of this. Sometimes, I have these... visions. What... what could this mean?”

Double D just stared at the burnt stick in Sally’s hand. “I don’t know,” he finally answered. For once in his life, he didn’t have an answer. The two glanced worriedly at Jack’s house just as the sun was coming up. And apparently, they weren’t the only ones worried about their skeleton friend.

Vampires: Something's up with Jack

Werewolf: He's all alone up there

Corpse Mother: Never says a word
Corpse Kid: Hope he hasn't died

Vampires, Werewolf: Something's up with Jack

Seeing everyone so worried, Double D decided that he might as well try and change the subject.

“I wonder if Jack’s found Eddy yet,” he thought aloud.

“Eddy?” asked Sally. “Your friend?”

“I’m afraid so,” said Double D. “He had the bright idea of sneaking into Jack’s house while he was out. He said he wants to “find out what exactly Jack was planning,” but I know better. He just wants to spy on the poor guy.” Double D’s gaze went back to the top floor. “I do hope Jack isn’t too upset when he finds Eddy up there.”

---

Eddy stood stiff as a board behind Jack’s curtains. It seemed that the Pumpkin King was getting more anxious. Eddy watched as Jack paced around the room.

Jack: Christmas time is buzzing in my skull
Will it let me be? I cannot tell
There's so many things I cannot grasp
When I think I've got it, and then at last
Through my bony fingers it does slip
Like a snowflake in a fiery grip

Something here I'm not quite gettingThough I try, I keep forgetting
Like a memory long since past
Here in an instant, gone in a flash
What does it mean?
What does it mean?

In these little bric-a-brac
A secret's waiting to be cracked
These dolls and toys confuse me so
Confound it all, I love it though

Simple objects, nothing more
But something's hidden through a door
Though I do not have the key
Something's there I cannot see
What does it mean?
What does it mean?
What does it mean?
Hmm...

“It means you’re trying too hard, Bonehead,” Eddy thought. “Give it a break, will ya?” But as Eddy kept his eye on Jack, he couldn’t help but mentally laugh at what he had just said. He had just made a pun.

Jack: I've read these Christmas books so many times
I know the stories and I know the rhymes
I know the Christmas carols all by heart
My skull's so full, it's tearing me apart
As often as I've read them, something's wrong
So hard to put my bony finger on

Or perhaps it's really not as deep
As I've been led to think
Am I trying much too hard?
Of course! I've been too close to see
The answer's right in front of me
Right in front of me

Eddy began to panic again. The answer was right in front of Jack? What answer? What was it? What was Jack planning? “Get on with it!” Eddy yelled in his head.

Jack: It's simple really, very clear
Like music drifting in the air
Invisible, but everywhere
Just because I cannot see it
Doesn't mean I can't believe it

You know, I think this Christmas thing
It's not as tricky as it seems
And why should they have all the fun?
It should belong to anyone

Not anyone, in fact, but me
Why, I could make a Christmas tree
And there's no reason I can find
I couldn't handle Christmas time

I bet I could improve it too
And that's exactly what I'll do
Hee, hee, hee

Then Jack went over to the window and thrust it open for everyone down below to see. Eddy saw his chance. He had to get out of there. But what he didn’t notice was that part of the curtain had wrapped around his leg.

Jack: Eureka! This year, Christmas will be ours!

---

The crowd below gasped. What did Jack mean? What was the Pumpkin King planning? What did that vision mean? Sally and Double D glanced worriedly at each other.

---

CLUNK!

Jack heard something crash to the ground, followed by a soft groan as he shut his windows. He looked down. There, lying face first on the ground, with part of the curtains wrapped around his leg, was none other than...

“Eddy?” asked Jack.

Eddy’s eyes bugged. In his attempt to bolt, he had gotten tangled up in the curtains and tripped, sending him crashing to the floor. Eddy glanced up at Jack. He didn’t look happy. Now what?

“Uh... hi, Jackie-boy,” Eddy sputtered, trying to sound casual. “What’s shaking?”

“May I ask what you’re doing in my house?” asked Jack.

“Uh... leaving,” said Eddy. He tried to get up, but he ended up tripping on the curtains again. Eddy once again felt his face hit Jack’s concrete floor.

Then a different sound met Eddy’s ears. It was laughter. It took Eddy a second to realize that Jack was the one laughing.

“Oh, I’m just giving you a hard time,” said Jack, reaching down and helping Eddy untangle his feet. “Actually, I’m glad you finally came out of your hiding place, Eddy. I want to talk to you about-”

“Woah, hold up,” said Eddy as he got up. “You... you knew I was there?”

“Eddy, I’m a master at hiding,” said Jack. “You’ve got nothing on me.” Then he tried to stifle the laughter coming back to him. Eddy’s cheeks went red again. Jack had tricked him. Jack had actually tricked the trickster. He felt like throwing something again. Disgusted, Eddy began to make his way to the stairs.

“Wait, Eddy!” said Jack, the seriousness back in his voice. “Don’t go! I need to talk to you about Christmas!”

This made Eddy stop and turn back to Jack.

“You are the expert, right?” asked Jack.

“Please!” said Eddy. “You really think I’d help you after tricking me like that? Well, count me out! I want no part of this crazy plan of yours!”

“Okay, maybe that was a little harsh,” said Jack. “But Eddy, I’m sure I could do it. I really am! I could go all around the world and wear a red suit and make presents. ”

Eddy stopped dead in his tracks when he heard the word “presents.” Sure, he knew that Christmas is about caring, not presents, but still, this was a perfect opportunity! He just couldn’t pass it.

Eddy slowly turned around. “Hold up,” said Eddy. “You’re saying that if you were to have Halloween run Christmas... you’d make the presents?”

“Well, with the help of the town of course,” said Jack. “But yes, I’d make all the presents for all of the children!”

“I see...” said Eddy. He turned around for a second to hide his devilish grin from the Pumpkin King.

“So, what do you say, Eddy?” asked Jack, holding out a bony hand. “Will you help me?”

Eddy regained his composure and turned around. “Okay Jack,” he said, grasping Jack’s hand. “I’ll help you.”

Then, to Eddy’s surprise, Jack pulled him into a hug!

“Oh, thank you Eddy!” said Jack, overjoyed. “How can I ever repay you?”

Eddy squirmed out of Jack’s grasp. “For starters, don’t ever hug me again,” he said, shuddering. “So...” he said slyly. “What exactly did you have in mind?”

Aphex

.Inspire.
C'mon people! Where's the feedback?! Ah well, hate to double post but here's Chapter 7.

~Chapter 7: Kidnap Sandy Claws!~

Later that day, Double D was watching as everyone formed a line outside the town hall. Jack had finally come out of his house, and he said that his plan involved everyone in Halloween Town. But Double D wasn’t interested in that. He was interested in the fact that Eddy had been seen with Jack. Double D was finally able to enter the town hall, and sure enough, Eddy was with Jack. Jack was talking to the vampires, so he didn’t notice Double D running over to Eddy.

“Eddy, can I talk to you for a moment?” he quickly asked, pulling his friend aside.

“What’s up, Double D?” asked Eddy.

“Another change in plans, Eddy?” asked Double D.

“What are you talking about?” asked Eddy.

“A few hours ago, you couldn’t even say Jack’s name without spitting in the dirt,” said Double D. “Now you’re helping him with this absurd plan of his?”

“Jealous?” asked Eddy.

“No, I’m not jealous!” said Double D. “I want to know your real motive, Eddy. There’s no way you’d go along with something like this so willingly!”

Eddy sighed. Then he pulled his friend close. “Okay, here’s the real deal,” he murmured so Jack couldn’t hear him. “I know this plan is about as straight as a rainbow. I’m just gonna go along with it for now. And as soon as I’m alone with the presents Jack makes...”

“Eddy, you’re in this for your presents?” asked Double D. “Do you learn nothing?”

“Of course I learned my lesson!” said Eddy. “And I also learned that an opportunity like this is too good to pass up!”

“So, you’re not really interested in Jack’s plan at all?” asked Double D. “He’s going to be disappointed when he finds out.”

“He’s not gonna find out!” said Eddy. “At least, he won’t find out as long as we keep our big mouths shut.”

“I do hope you know what you’re doing, Eddy,” said Double D.

“It’s a cinch!” said Eddy. “All I have to do is snag my present while Jack’s not looking.”

The two boys looked over at Jack.

“How horrible our Christmas will be,” said the Mayor.

“No! How jolly!” corrected Jack.

“Oh,” said the Mayor. “How jolly our Christmas will be.”

“Something tells me that’s not going to be a problem,” said Double D.

Just then, the boys turned around again when they heard the Mayor groaning. And for a good reason. Someone was pelting the poor Mayor with broken toys!

“What are you doing here?” asked the Mayor, looking down.

“Jack sent for us,” a first little boy dressed like a devil said.

“Specifically,” said a little girl dressed like a witch.

“By name,” said a second little boy dressed like a skeleton.

“Lock!”

“Shock!”

“Barrel!”

“Lothar!”

The fourth voice caught Eddy and Double D’s attention.

Lock, Shock, and Barrel looked at the other boy with them. But he was different. He was a lot taller than the other three. And he was dressed in Viking garb, complete with a bushy orange beard, holding a spatula.

“Jack, Jack!” said the Mayor. “It’s Oogie’s boys!” Then he looked at the fourth boy. “And... some other boy I’ve never seen before!”

“You’re still following us?” asked Lock.

“Get lost, weirdo!” said Shock.

“Can’t do that,” said the Viking. “For I am Lothar, the mighty Viking! And a mission I am on to find my Stouthearted friends. Lothar will not rest until he finds his friends, even if it takes him the rest of his life!”

“ED?!” said Double D and Eddy, running over to their friend.

Ed spotted Double D and Eddy. “Wow, that was fast. Am I good or what?”

“There you are, Ed!” said Double D. “Thank goodness!”

“Where the heck have you been, Lumpy?” asked Eddy. “You trying to give us heart attacks?”

“I was off looking for Santa, so I could become an honorary elf!” said Ed. “But I couldn’t find him, so I decided to come back to Spook-E-Ville.”

“Halloween Town,” Eddy and Double D corrected their friend.

“What?” asked Ed.

“Ah, Halloween’s finest trick-or-treaters.”

The Stouthearted Eds turned their attention to Jack, who was walking over.

“The job I have for you three is top secret,” Jack said to Lock, Shock, and Barrel. “It requires craft, cunning, mischief.”

“Geez Jack,” said Eddy. “If that’s what you wanted you should’ve just asked us. Craft, cunning, and mischief are the main components of the Stouthearted Eds’ stouthearted scams.”

“If that’s the case, why have all of our scams failed, Eddy?” asked Double D.

Eddy glared at Double D. “When I want your opinion, I’ll ask for it, Sockhead!” he said.

“Anyway...” said Jack. “Absolutely no one is to know about this. Not a soul! Now...”

Then Jack began to whisper to the three little kids. But of course, the Mayor and Ed’s curiosity got the better of them. The Mayor listened in on his megaphone, while Ed resorted to holding his spatula to his ear. As Ed listened to the plan, his eyes widened.

“Got it,” the three kids said together. They turned to leave.

“And one more thing...” added Jack, grabbing Lock’s tail. “Make sure you leave that no-account Oogie Boogie out of this!”

“Whatever you say, Jack,” said Barrel.

“Of course Jack,” said Shock.

“Wouldn’t dream of it Jack,” said Lock.

But Ed seemed to know better. He had a conniving younger sister, so he knew sneakiness when he saw it. And he was right. All three kids had their fingers crossed behind their backs. Ed watched as the three kids left the town hall, then he made a bold decision. He fixed his Viking hat, put on his best battle face, and readied his spatula. Then he headed for the front door.

“Ed, where are you going?” asked Double D.

“Do not attempt to follow!” said Ed. “For this is a burden I must carry alone! I, the mighty Lothar, have a new mission!” Then he ran out the town hall door, after Lock, Shock, and Barrel. “Tally ho!”

Eddy, Double D, Jack, and the Mayor just stared for a few seconds. Then Jack broke the silence.

“Does he ever shut up?” he asked.

“Not really,” Eddy answered.

---

Ed followed the three little kids deep into a new part of the Hinterlands. Before he knew it, he was at a giant tree house. He watched at a safe distance as Lock, Shock, and Barrel entered a small cage and went up into the tree house. Ed then ran up to the tree house, under where the cage had been. He couldn’t climb up it, but he could hear every single word the three kids were saying.

Lock, Shock, Barrel: Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws?

Lock: I wanna do it

Barrel: Let's draw straws

Shock: Jack said we should work together

Barrel: Three of a kind

Lock: Birds of a feather

Lock, Shock, Barrel: Now and forever
Weeee
La, la, la, la, la

Kidnap the Sandy Claws
Lock him up real tight!
Throw away the key and thenTurn off all the lights!

Shock: First, we're going to set some bait
Inside a nasty trap and wait!
When he comes a-sniffing we will
Snap the trap and close the gate!

Lock: Wait, I've got a better plan
To catch this big red lobster man!
Let's pop him in a boiling pot
And when he's done we'll butter him up!

Lock, Shock, Barrel: Kidnap the Sandy Claws
Throw him in a box!
Bury him for ninety years
Then see if he talks!

Shock: Then Mr. Oogie Boogie Man

Lock, Shock, Barrel: Can take the whole thing over then!
He'll be so pleased, I do declare!
That he will cook him rare!
Wheee!

Lock: I say that we take a cannon
Aim it at his door and then
Knock three times, and when he answers
Sandy Claws will be no more!

Shock: You're so stupid! Think now
If we blow him up to smithereens
We may lose some pieces and then

Lock, Shock: Jack will beat us black and green!

Lock, Shock, Barrel: Kidnap the Sandy Claws
Tie him in a bag!
Throw him in the ocean then
See if he is sad!

Ed was not liking what he was hearing one little bit. These kids were worse than his little sister, Sarah. Would they really do all that awful stuff to Santa? Santa? That stuff was meant for Cyclops, and werewolves, and the other monsters in his movies. Not Santa. And who was this “Oogie Boogie” guy anyway?

Ed: This Oogie Boogie guy
Sounds like the meanest guy around!
If I were on his Boogie list
I'd get out of town!

Then Ed stood there for a minute before another realization hit him. “SANTA!” he shouted. He had to stop these three brats. Then, without thinking, he found himself running to the Holiday Doors. But as he ran, for some reason, he could still hear that awful song ringing throughout the woods.

Barrel: He'll be so pleased by our success
That he'll reward us too, I bet!

Lock, Shock, Barrel: Perhaps he'll make his special brew
Of snake and spider stew!

We're his little henchmen and
We take our job with pride!
We do our best to please him
And stay on his good side!

Shock: I wish my cohorts weren't so dumb!

Barrel: I'm not the dumb one!

Lock: You're no fun!

Shock: Shut up!

Lock: Make me!

Shock: I've got something, listen now
This one is real good, you'll see!
We'll send a present to his door
Upon there'll be a note to read!

Now, in the box we'll wait and hide
Until his curiosity

Lock, Shock, Barrel: Entices him to look inside
And then we'll have him!
One, two, three!

Kidnap the Sandy Claws
Beat him with a stick!
Lock him up for ninety years
See what makes him tick!

Kidnap the Sandy Claws
Chop him into bits!
Mister Oogie Boogie is
Sure to get his kicks!

Kidnap the Sandy Claws
See what we will see!
Lock him in a cage and then
Throw away the key!

---

By this time, Ed had made it to the Holiday Doors. He knew Jack’s plan, and he didn’t like it at all. And those three brats were going to be here any minute. What was he going to do to protect Santa? Suddenly, the very dim lightbulb went off in Ed’s head, well it was more like a lit candle, and he actually had an idea. He ripped a piece of the ground up and held it over his head.

“Boing!” he said to himself. “It’s a lightbulb! Boing!” This idea was sure to work. It had to. Ed wasn’t going to let those three brats do all those nasty things to Santa. And it was a good thing too, because when Ed turned around, he saw Lock, Shock, and Barrel heading toward him, riding in a bathtub with legs.

A big, goofy grin spread across Ed’s face. Perfect timing. It was time to try his plan...

Aphex

.Inspire.
~Chapter 8: Making Christmas~

“It goes something like this,” Jack was explaining to the musical trio. He then shook a string of jingle bells in his hand. “How about it? Think you can manage?”

The trio tried playing the tune on their instruments. Double D and Eddy, who were watching, winced at how terribly flat it was.

“Fantastic!” said Jack. “Why don’t you all practice on that and we’ll be all set.”

“Next!” called the Mayor.

When Double D saw who was next, his face lit up. “Hi, Sally!” he said cheerfully. But it didn’t work. Sally still had a very worried look on her face.

“Sally?” asked Eddy.

“Sally, I need your help more than anyone’s,” said Jack.

“You certainly do, Jack,” said Sally. “I had the most horrible vision.”

“That’s splendid!” said Jack, triggering a confused look from Eddy.

“No!” said Sally. “It was about your Christmas! There was smoke and fire.”

“That’s correct, Jack,” said Double D. “I saw it, too.”

“What, you’re one of those psycho things now, Double D?” asked Eddy.

“The term is psychic, Eddy,” corrected Double D.

“That’s not my Christmas,” said Jack. “My Christmas is filled with laughter and joy... and this.” He paused to show Sally a picture he had drawn. “My Sandy Claws outfit. I want you to make it.”

“Listen to me,” Sally tried to reason with her friend. “It’s going to be a disaster.”

“How could it be?” asked Jack. “Just follow the pattern. This part’s red, the trim is white.”

Eddy rolled his eyes and Double D let out an exasperated sigh. Jack was starting to sound more like Eddy every minute.

“It’s a mistake, Jack,” said Sally.

“Now, don’t be modest,” said Jack. “Who else is clever enough to make my Sandy Claws outfit?”

“Next!” called the Mayor.

“I have every confidence in you,” said Jack, gently easing Sally forward.

Eddy and Double D began to walk with Sally.

“But it seems wrong to me,” said Sally, looking at the picture. “Very wrong.”

Eddy looked at Sally, then at Jack, then back at Sally. “I think he likes you,” he said to the rag doll.

Sally’s face went so red, it matched her hair.

“Eddy!” Double D scolded.

“What?” asked Eddy. “I’m just trying to lighten up the mood!” Then he looked back at the Pumpkin King, who was busy showing a nutcracker to the Behemoth. “But now that you guys mention it... yeah, this plan isn’t going to work.”

“Eddy?” asked Double D.

“Hey, I may be ignorant at times, but I’m not stupid!” said Eddy. “There’s no way Jack’s going to make this work!”

“But I take it that you haven’t tried to talk to him?” asked Double D.

“You do seem to be the only one he’s listening to, Eddy.” said Sally.

“Guess again,” said Eddy. “Yes, I’ve tried to talk to him. I’ve tried to talk to him, like, five times now! But he’s too caught up in his own little world! He’s completely oblivious to reason!” Eddy looked at Jack again. “I can’t decide if that guy is blissfully ignorant, or just plain ignorant.”

Just then, the doors to the town hall burst open. And Lock, Shock, and Barrel entered with their walking bathtub. In the bathtub was a wriggling sack.

“Jack, Jack!” said the three kids. “We caught him! We caught him!”

“AH-CHOO!”

Ed came in after the three kids and the bathtub. But there was something different about him. His nose was running, and his eyes were all red and watery. Eddy and Double D ran over by Jack to have a look themselves.

“Perfect!” said Jack. “Open it up. Quickly!”

And so, Lock, Shock, and Barrel opened up the sack. But what popped out wasn’t exactly what Jack had expected. When Eddy saw what had come out of the sack, he burst into laughter. “Wow,” he said as he paused to catch his breath. “I didn’t know “Sandy Claws” was so big and pink!”

Jack stared at the big pink rabbit that was standing in front of him. It was wearing a sash that said “Happy Easter!”.

“That’s not Sandy Claws!” he said to Lock, Shock, and Barrel.

“It’s not?” asked Shock.

“Who is it?” asked Lock.

By this time, the Easter Rabbit had hopped over to Behemoth, and was cautiously sniffing him.

“Bunny!” exclaimed Behemoth.

This frightened the Easter Rabbit, who quickly hopped into the safety of the sack in the bathtub.

“AH-CHOO!”

Another very loud sneeze came from Ed, who remained near the town hall doors. That’s when Double D panicked. “Eddy!” he whispered to his friend. “Ed’s allergies!”

Eddy stopped laughing. “Oh, right,” he said. Then he let out a groan. The last thing they needed right now was a Viking blimp with purple polka dots. “Uh, Ed, maybe you’d better step outside for a minute.”

“No need to, Eddy,” said Ed, his voice proving that he was completely congested. “There is no need to panic, for Lothar’s mission has been fulfilled!” Despite looking completely miserable, Ed had a big smile on his face. That was when Double D began to get suspicious. What exactly had Ed done?

“It’s not Sandy Claws,” Jack said to the three kids. “Take him back!”

“But we did what you said,” said Lock.

“We went through the door.” said Barrel.

“Which door?” asked Jack. “There’s more than one! Sandy Claws is behind the door shaped like this!” He then showed the three kids a Christmas cookie in the shape of a Christmas Tree. The three kids stared at it, then chaos broke loose.

“I told you that Lothar guy was lying!” Shock shouted, pointing at Ed. Then she jumped on Lock.

“Knock it off!” said Barrel, joining the fray.

The smile disappeared from Ed’s face.

“Ed...” said Double D. “Is there something you’d like to share with us?”

Ed wiped his nose, then hung his head in shame. “I’ve been a bad Viking, Double D,” he said sadly.

“ARR!”

Suddenly, the whole room was silent. Lock, Shock, and Barrel immediately stopped fighting and started cowering. Jack had just put on one of his scariest faces and let out a very loud shriek. Boy, did that shut them up. However, Lock, Shock, and Barrel weren’t the only ones affected.

Double D was so frightened that he must have jumped about three feet into the air. When gravity got a hold of him again, he landed on his butt with a "THUD." His face was as white as Jack’s, and he was trembling badly, with no sign of stopping. He quickly scurried behind the Mayor’s podium to hide.

Eddy hadn’t jumped as high as Double D, so he landed on his feet. But when he had landed, the jolt caused his jaw to clamp down onto his tongue. Hard. Now he just stood there, wide eyed with pain, not saying a word. It was hard to tell whether it was from the sudden shock, or from a sudden wave of disorientation because of his allergies, but either way, Ed had toppled over backwards, and now he was lying on his back near the town hall doors, not moving.

Now the whole room was dead quiet, save for the pain-filled high pitched “Eeeeee...” sound coming from Eddy which, if any higher, would have probably been more appropriate on a dog whistle.

Jack broke the silence, since he was the only one not terrified beyond rational thought. “I’m very sorry for the inconvenience sir,” he said to the wriggling sack. “Take him home first, and apologize again,” he instructed Lock, Shock, and Barrel. “And be careful with Sandy Claws when you fetch him. Treat him nicely.”

“Got it!” said the three kids, exiting the town hall. “We’ll get it right this time!”

A few seconds after they left, Ed realized that his mission was unfulfilled once again. He got up, wiped his nose again, and left without saying a word, following the three brats and their bathtub.

Jack turned to Eddy, who was still wide eyed with shock, and Double D, who was peeking out from behind the Mayor’s podium, still trembling and his face still white as a sheet.

“Well, why are you two standing around?” asked Jack. “There’s still plenty of work to be done, and I can’t do it without the experts!”

Eddy forced a smile. “Uh... yeah,” he said through his gritted teeth. “I’ll be right back. I gotta go find the Doc and ask him if he knows how to sew a tongue back together.” Eddy then left the town hall, his hands clamped over his mouth.

“And I’ll get back to you as soon as my heart resumes beating, Jack,” Double D said in a very shaky voice. “Excuse me...” He then sank back behind the podium.

Jack scratched his skull. “What’s gotten into them?” he wondered aloud.

---

A few minutes later, after Eddy and Double D had fully recovered from shock, they were walking around town with Jack. Everyone seemed to be hard at work, even Sally, but the two boys could tell that she was still very reluctant. But everyone else certainly wasn’t.

Clown: This time, this time

Ghosts: Making Christmas

Corpse: Making Christmas

Mayor: Making Christmas, making Christmas
Is so fine

Corpse Parents, Clown: It's ours this time
And won't the children be surprised

Together: It's ours this time

Corpse Kid: Making Christmas

Mummy: Making Christmas

Together: Making Christmas

Witches: Time to give them something fun

Witches, Undersea Gal: They'll talk about for years to come

Everyone: Let's have a cheer from everyone

Devil: It's time to party

Vampires: Making Christmas

Vampires, Duck Toy: Making Christmas

Vampires: Snakes and mice get wrapped up so nice
With spider legs and pretty bows

Winged Demon: It's ours this time

Corpse Father, Werewolf, Devil: All together, that and this
With all our tricks we're
Making Christmas-time

Werewolf: Here comes Jack

Now that it was actually going to happen really soon, Eddy and Double D found that Sally didn’t seem to be the only one who felt reluctant about the whole thing. As they walked through the town with Jack, they couldn’t help but feel pangs of unsureness deep in their stomachs. It took all their strength to laugh along with Jack.

Jack: I don't believe what's happening to me
My hopes, my dreams, my fantasies
Hee, hee, hee, hee

Edd, Eddy: Heh, heh, heh, heh...

Harlequin Demon: Won't they be impressed, I am a genius
See how I transformed this old rat
Into a most delightful hat

Jack: Hmm, my compliments from me to you
On this, your most intriguing hat
Consider though this substitute
A bat in place of this old rat

Huh! No, no, no, now that's all wrong
This thing will never make a present
It's been dead for much too long
Try something fresher, something pleasant
Try again, don't give up

Mr. Hydes: All together, that and this
With all our tricks
We're making Christmas-time

Everyone: This time, this time

Jack: It's ours!

Edd, Eddy: It’s yours!

Everyone: Making Christmas, making Christmas
La, la, la
It's almost here
And we can't wait
So ring the bells and celebrate
'Cause when the full moon starts to climb
We'll all sing out

Jack: It's Christmas-time
Hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee

Edd, Eddy: Heh, heh, heh... heh...

Unfortunately, Jack noticed how weak that last laugh was. He turned to Double D and Eddy. “Are you two all right?” he asked them.

“Oh, uh, yes,” Double D lied.

“Uh, yeah,” said Eddy. “Just... jitters.”

“Oh...” said Jack. “Well, that’s all right. To tell you the truth, boys, I’m a bit nervous myself. But it will all be worth it once Sandy Claws gets here!”

“Yes, I’m sure it will, Jack.” said Double D.

Eddy and Double D looked at each other and tried to smile, but all they could do was hang their heads in shame. The Stouthearted Eds didn’t feel so stouthearted anymore.

---

The feeling wasn’t any better in Christmas Town either. Ed was frantically running through the knee-deep snow. He just had to make it to Santa’s house so he could warn him. He couldn’t let those nasty brats do anything to harm him. Ed was going to prove once and for all that he was a good elf. Ed finally found Santa’s workshop time to see Lock, Shock, and Barrel throwing a sack over the jolly old elf’s head.

“SANTA!”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back