• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► DSi Issue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blobbit

Awards
Sorry if I should've put this in the Video Game forum, but my DSi's L and R buttons aren't working. I was wondering if I should just call Nintendo or bring it somewhere else to get fixed. I'm kind of afraid to bring it to Nintendo because I heard if they just replace it for you, you lose the downloaded software. Just wanting to know what you guys think I should do. Thanks!

denizenofevil

"According to the Nintendo of Australia representative, the publisher is able to transfer DSi Shop content from one device to another in the case of a product malfunction. However, Nintendo said that gamers would have to send in both the inoperable system and the new DSi in order to make the content swap."

DSi Shop content non-transferrable - Report - News at GameSpot

How long have you had this device? If you've had it for over 12 months, you can't send it in and get a replacement/repair for free since it's past the warranty. If this is the case, you can keep it as it is and buy a new one and then send in both to transfer the games and then sell off the old one on Ebay (make sure you mention the broken buttons and put it at a fair price to compensate). The problem with this idea is that it'll take a while for the transfer to get back to you and you'll probably have to pay the shipping cost.

If you've had the device for under 12 months, send the device in for repairs. Here's the website for information about the warranty. | Nintendo - Consumer Service | Nintendo DSi/Nintendo DSi XL - Repairs and warranty

Blobbit

Awards
Oh. My warranty's up. I guess I'll just live with it until the 3DS comes out. I can just use my old DS or my sister's DSLite for L and R games xD

Thanks for the help, Denizen!

robertexe

You lnow my DSi's R button didn't work three months after I bought it and this isn't the first i hear of this

Key

Exile
Awards
OH! that's odd.... my L button broke too O_O; everyone i talk to has issues with their games because they can't use the L button XD i thought it was just coincidence...

robertexe

OH! that's odd.... my L button broke too O_O; everyone i talk to has issues with their games because they can't use the L button XD i thought it was just coincidence...

Nope according to what I've heard, Nintendo skimped out on the DSi's quality to make a bigger profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back