• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dreams

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazznam89

Prologue

A haunting mood fills the air and yet there it is, the tiny music box nestled in the palm of my hand. It begins to move, playing its gentle melody as if a sense of nostalgia filled the empty voids within my mind. Calm, soft but yet there is a masked sadness to the melody.

Maybe there is no such thing as happy dreams or bad dreams since once you open your eyes; the dream crosses over the night turning into an endless nightmare. Maybe I’ve fallen from whatever grace there is like this living my life as a broken rhyme never knowing my existence is no longer there.

The music box stops and plays its melody once more, gently playing its peaceful rhythm; its serene melodic tone always brings an overwhelming sense of peace to my weary body and soul. The sounds of music bring happiness, joy yet it can be twisted into an arrangement for some sick fool’s entertainment of sadness, misery, loneliness and the inevitable death.

The glow of the silent moon shines a subtle and haunting glow playing an eternal requiem from the darkness that I can’t quite put my finger on. The stars are bright but give no light, it’s as if the world has spun around backward everyday or maybe I’ve lived in the past and not knowing. Even living in mental solitude, is this what I’m looking at another dream or just another fragment of my memory discarded in my past existence.

Anguishes and angst are only the beginning that paints today over the past, piercing through the scattered loneliness of my dreams reaching into the farthest of uncertainty. Yet could it be a realisation that my dreams of the world have turned upside down and I’m the only sane one left, or maybe this world was born with madness along with everything else.

My eyes no longer sleep to what were once the rainbow waterfalls or the luminous childhood dreams but is undone to the confusion that rains doubt inside of me. The peace of mind will always be eternally uneasy and restless till the end of time, and soon the blues that have lost all words and everything else will hit the road, throwing away my merely daydreaming self until my body that's left after both moment and eternity has faded away.

And there I hear the same melody from the piano. It plays a soft yet poignant sound, each note letting out a sound of sadness and loneliness till it ends on a single subtle note. The long endless nights, the rainy days and the windy days must all lead to something. It can’t be only stop at this; the recurring dreams must lead to somewhere.

Then again maybe I don't have a single solitary memory about myself but I know I did have a life once. These memories I have must be there for a reason. Then again, maybe I removed what memories of my past self with my own free will and I’ve blindly walked ahead into the darkness and the nightmares.

As they say, man lives to seek out his own joy or in my case, misery. Many times I close my eyes I always have the same recurring dream. The dream must be one of a delusional grandeur or maybe it is a figment of my memory I can’t recall in my earlier life. What catches my eye is an hourglass in an ordinary store window and for a while I can’t take my eyes off it. The hourglass has a pair of funneled glass bulbs with a breathtakingly remarkable framework with fine grains of sand. It’s simple yet elegantly built. Everything about it is perfect yet it’s almost as though the hourglass stood there waiting for me. The sand flows freely in the hourglass, grains falling majestically to the bottom of the hourglass as if the sky had poured rain for the first time.

What do these specific dreams have to do with my memories? Are they forcing me to recall over in my mind something important? If it is I can’t place a name or anything on what this is. Is this really my dream or is this one of the many I think I know? Memories I once thought existed and thought were my own, are they still valid? Or have only led me to a life I once thought I had in the past?

The tune stops and as if by the unexplained it begins to play the sad melody once more. All I can do is listen to it once again like a reoccurring dream that maybe once existed in my previous past, or maybe this and my dreams are all illusions and I’m nothing than a mere supporting character in this grandeur acts of life.

Have fun commenting or what not.

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
Man.. could I find anymore Righteous fan fics around here... First Dorian... then you... Incredible.
I swear, sometimes you guys who right "the Shit" fics around here need to go get yourselves published...
I like it, dude.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I'm proud I was the first person to read this.. ;D

It's really good,the story caught me the moment I began reading.

And you express yourself very neat and beautifully.

jazznam89

Thanks for that. Here is Chapter 1. Have fun.

Chapter 1: Requies Aeternus

Evil hid itself in the abyss of the darkness. The illuminating stars shot gracefully from the moonlight sky towards the eternal bottom of the night. The silhouette leaves of autumn rose blissfully through the endless night towards the crescent, shining moon. He quietly sat at the edge of the cliff, his thoughts lingering across the shadowy ocean. His blue eyes drifted aimlessly towards the darkness of the horizon; there was no escape from the eternal slumber of Purgatory.

How he longed to feel the presence of love again yet to an endless avail of nothing. Darkness masked itself lovingly around the somnolent man, binding his body within the shadows of the night. The evanescent stars fell from the now bloodied sky as if the Angels had fallen from beauty into the world between and into the perverse phantasm.

Pain ached within him; the agony of the burning sensation flowed of darkness inside his body, mercilessly feasting on his soul.

His mind had begun to play games with him; he could feel a shining light on him. He tried to look through his squinted eyes, trying to find an answer or way out. He thought to himself he had seen the light thinking he had escaped the darkness and entered the embracing warmth. How wrong he was as the light no longer shone its warmth but rather pierced him harrowingly internally destroying him. The light was replaced with the darkness, he opened his eyes and found himself at the bottom of the night; Evil.

There the shadows looked at him, dancing sadistically within the dark of the perpetual falcate moon. How sad yet twisted the night was; the once thought serene glowing slumbers within the darkness now the ever nonchalant epitome of evil itself. The bait of desire tempted him, feasting on the emotions that had made him a fault in the self destroying earth.

The inner suffering and ordeal had begun; how he longed to die yet evil had other plans for him. An endless waltz of death loomed over him. His body felt sapped of everything living fibre within him. Like a marionette jumping helplessly and aimlessly he did so as well, being exhausted to the point of near death.

But it wasn’t enough; evil wanted to crack his mental fortitude. The night yearned for death, the death of man for their sacrifice to the darkness. It grew hungry for the man, lashing its shadow binds into his blue poignant eyes endlessly causing him to scream in utter agony.

“Ah, you’re finally feeling the pain dear friend.” An enigmatic voice of a man spoke quietly behind him, his voice slightly matured, but still young.
“What do you want from me…let me go!” The old man asked scaredy. His eyes swelled with tears mixed with blood from the shadows still wedged into his eye sockets.
“I’m here to play a game; if you can escape from your shackles then you will live. If you cannot then you know what will await you in the other world.” The enigmatic man replied solemnly as if he was praying.
“No please, stop! Let me out, please!” He pleaded.
“I’m afraid I cannot my dear friend. You see, you’ll interfere with more of my schemes.” The enigmatic man laughed, resting a hand on the crying old man’s shoulders.
“Wait, I can give you anything you want. Gold, power, women,” He failingly bartered with the laughing sadistic man.

The shrouded enigmatic man released his hand from the old man’s shoulders standing there aimlessly, laughing more piercingly than before. He turned the old man towards him, his yellow and red eyes glowing in the darkness of the night.

“Do you know what I really want?” He asked the tortured old man, his eyes glowing an ever radiance burning with fury and death.
“Wha..t?” The old man replied hesitantly as he was cut off by the grasping hand that now reached for his neck.
He realised that the human being he was conversing with was a walking corpse. The grasp on his neck was digging into his wrinkled skin. He drifted his eyes to the grasping hand. He noticed all bones and no flesh or meat.

“You know what I want, you bastard.” His grip on the old man’s neck was more tight and excessive than before to continue the eternal torture.
“No, stop…” The man gargled, the pain from his extruding a gargling noise from his mouth causing blood to flow from his eyes, ears, nose and mouth freely.
“So you know what I want now.” He stated, squatting to the same level of the old man.
“Yes…” He obediently answered, coughing blood.
“What a shame to ruin such a nice shirt like that,” The enigmatic man said sarcastically, “But your time is up and the hour of death awaits you dear father.”

He grabbed the man’s face again picking him up, raising him up to the blood tainted moon.
“Who…who are you?” He asked, knowing he was on the verge to his ultimate doom.
“Let me show you.” He answered, taking the black tattered hood off, revealing his skeletal exterior and his red and yellow human eyes.

There were rotting bugs, spiders, worms and other small insects mercilessly eating at his skeleton which of them dangled in and out of his skeletal face. His eyes were still the burning red and radiant yellow, his eyes piercing within the man’s blue eyes and into the soul of the man. There were still remnants of skin and flesh but was rotting and been eaten by the live creatures. The whole exterior was decayed; bits of hair and a burnt red scalp were visible to the man.

“Good evening father,” He greeted in a sinister mean, horrifying the man whose eyes bulged out of its sockets. “Oh, I think I may have scared you just a little bit. Let me change appearance, give me a second.” He sardonically laughed, raising his other hand over his skeletal face.

The man was horrified. He knew that familiar face long ago and now it was back to haunt him. He tried to break from the man’s death grasp, struggling to no avail. The man raised his hand down from his face slowly, revealing his face mockingly and teasingly.

His nose was curvedly hooked, his smile and teeth were like a dog’s; canine, sharp and yellow. His eyes were red and yellow, both of them piercing the inner soul of the man he held. His hair was jet black with red streaks through it, and rather than tied back it flowed freely within the night.

“Hello my loving father, did you miss me?” He greeted him with a courteous tone and mannerism.
“No, I tho-ught… you were… de...ad.” The father stuttered, his facial expression giving way to his sudden expression of fear.
“I was, but I can’t stay for our lovely chit-chat dear father. You see, mother always loved you more than her own darling son.” He explained bluntly, his death grip tightening on his fathers’ throat.
“S...o…n…” The father whispered his final breath of words, no longer able to resist the death grip from his long dead son; now dead in the air.
“You’d think I’d let you die like that father?” He mocked, raising his hand in the shape of knife, driving it through his fathers’ chest.
He woke up, still lifted in the air by his own flesh and blood he once called son. His eyes drifted to the looming luminescence of the moon enshrouded by the Harbinger’s of the Night; “Ah, my brethren are here. You remember them don’t you father, how you loved over me. I never realized you had hated me so much father, that you didn’t call me son once.” He implored his father, watching his Night brethren play amongst the moonlit twilight.

His sanity could no longer be sustained. The images of evil itself began to manifest within his mind. It created an illusion of nightmares for him; for all of the sins and flaws he tried to atone for his life.

“Nooo…” He screamed to the world; his mind had broken. He laughed madly. All sense of reality shattered and lost within his fickle mind.

Sin…Nightmare…Death…

“Enjoy the beginning of your nightmares dear loving father, for this is what I call the Eternal Requiem.”

He looked stoned-face closing his eyes, lifting his death grip from his fathers’ neck and raising both hands solemnly as if he was praying. His father laughed insanely, now floating into the air not knowing the ordeal of what lay ahead for him.

“Thus begins the Final Movement of your Eternal Requiem.” He whispered, a bloodied crimson object appearing in his hands and the earth around, encircling him.

He raised the object into both hands. He drove it into both his fathers’ wrists enough to cause some pain. His father bellowed a cry of pain and agony. With another strike, he thrust it into his side leaving the half the curve deep causing a light wound. His coughing grew heavier than before. He still did not know that he was about to die. He walked into the air as if he was walking a flight of stairs, now on the same level as his dying father.

He smiled demonically, summoning two blades and grasping each in both his hands in the shape of a cross raising them to the tip of the skin of his father’s throat. He whispered into his father’s ears one last time speaking a different tongue; his yellow and red eyes burning like Hell itself.

The blade sliced into his throat horizontally; the slice was followed by the final execution by the circle of blades around him airborne diving into his father’s disheveled body. He thrust the last blade into his father’s throat, ripping through the back of it, driving it vertically from the throat towards the top of the head.

“And you shall shed tears of blood…” He whispered, his head down, eyes closed, blood spilling from him, spewing the crimson sea from the throat.

He lit a bent cigarette and began blowing smoke rings. His sadistic echo ringing once more before he gave a twisted grin from his bloodied face.

The night shone so bright, the starless sky reaching to the endless limits…

jazznam89

Well here is Chapter 2 to anyone who is still reading this.

Chapter 2: Draumr

Another day at school he thought to himself, just another tedious day to end the middle of the week. He stood there quietly; waiting for the bus he normally caught everyday in the afternoon after school was finished for the day. Usually it was late and other times it was early but the bus was usually due to the inconsistent drivers who probably detested taking school students home.
“I wonder how long it’ll take this time.” A voice approached him from behind.
“I’ll give it another fifteen minutes before I walk home.” He replied, not turning around to give his friend his full attention.
“You know you should really stop doing that, that’s why we have bus passes you know.” He informed him, handing a bottle of water over his shoulder into his hand.
“Thanks, so where were you for the last three periods?” He asked him, taking a sip from the bottled water.
“I was in detention surprisingly.” His friend laughed, now moving into the view of his friend, dropping his brown shoulder bag next to his.
“That’s no surprise, so who did you pick a fight with this time.” He smirked, handing his friend the water bottle.
“Why do you always think it’s always me that starts the fight?” He joked, trying to give a serious expression on his face but to no avail. “But yes it was George from the year above. I swear that guy was either born stupid or just dropped which would make no difference.” He answered, looking at his friend who just smirked.
“It’s usually either because you say something stupid or you’re just an idiot. I’d probably have to agree on both of what I’ve just said.” He stated, raising his eyebrow at his friend who just replied in a laugh. “I swear you’re going to be the death of me one day.” He added in, making his friend laugh after the comment.
“Only if you want me to be the cause I will be. You really know how to make a person feel good about themselves you know.” He smiled at his friend who turned his attention to the stack of hair on his friends’ head.

“What now, just looking at your face is kind of disturbing to look at?” He questioned, turning his head to the right to see if the bus was going to come any time soon.
“Just looking at the stack of leather on your head is already bad as it is. When was the last time you got a haircut?” His friend asked, ruefully playing with his friends’ hair. “Oh, and are you even going to get a new tie or not. Seriously, you look like a bum or lesser like. Near destitute even I’ll have to say.”
“Nope, I like what I’m wearing. It builds character.” He replied, looking down at the state of his school uniform.

His uniform looked as if he had woken up in it, with his navy pants creased to a point that no ironing could do anything about it unless there was some kind of divine ironing intervention. The state of his light blue shirt was a mess with a stain on his right shoulder where a bird had made its mark on it. His school blazer which was a crimson colour looked like a beaten down tweed jacket and as his friend would put it
“The only people that wear those kinds of jackets are old people who are passed their expiring date and you.”

There were two patches which wear on his left shoulder and one near the cuffs on his right sleeve and his tie looked as if he had gotten into a fight with a bear or some sort. There were bite and slashes on his black and crimson striped tie which made other students in his year think he was some kind of odd-job. As for his black laced up shoes though, they were probably the most normal clothing apparel he was wearing at the moment.

His jet black hair was one of an untamable force which everyone in his year knew of as they had seen him try to use hairspray, wax and gel to no avail. As for his height and his appearance he was the shortest person in his year which made him only slightly taller than most of the girls from the other schools around the area. He was skinny in stature and he wore semi rimless glasses which behind those were brown eyes that looked most of the time he was bored or sleepy.

As for his friend though who similarly looked in a cleaner state than his friend, his medium length brown sandy hair was waving in front of his eyes resembling an ocean wave. He was taller than his friend by about over a heads’ length and was lanky in stature. His brown eyes which were the same as his friends’ complimented the curved nose with his cheeky smile he always gave with the help of his baby face cheekbones and jaw line.

“Besides you do know what’s coming up soon in about two day’s right?” His friend informed him giving him a cheeky smile.
“Yes I know, we’re graduating or so it seems.” He sighed, just remembering how long it had been since he was just a child.
“Why the long face?” His friend attempted to crack a joke by imitating a horse face.
“Okay will you stop, like I said before you’re asking for a fist to the face.” He smirked at his friend who patted him on the shoulder.
“Yeah I know. Besides, you’re still not going to back out of our deal right.” His friend questioned him, gleefully tapping his fingers on the brick wall beside them.
“You mean the one where I have to do something for the school assembly on our graduation day or the latter.” He answered, now looking at what his taller friend was nodding to. “The answer is no, no way I am going to do that.”
“You’re the one in the first place who said you would chicken.” His friend who stopped laughing and turned into a loathing look, now noticing the students from other schools had finished school. “Oh great, guess which idiots came out now.”

“Hey look it’s your favourite school, look at them. What a fine mob they’ll make one day.” He smirked, noticing many of the students from the other schools staring at them.
“Bah, when is this bus going to arrive? You’d think bus drivers for the pay they get would at least come on time no matter how ridiculously bad their day is.” His friend stammered, showing a tone of hostility towards the students that walked past him.
“You know you’re nearly as bad as the rest of them in the scum division. They’re just school kids with no hope that’s all.” He laughed, patting his friend on the back who just received a stare from the same group of idiots he always caught the bus with.
“Oh here comes the bus now, it took him a while.” His friend nodded in the direction of the bus, taking out his bus pass.

“Ah damn kids, get on the bus already.” The bus driver grumbled the moment he opened the door. As the school students got on the bus, he was just about to hop on when he noticed her walking by with that same smile she always had on her everyday. That girl.

“Hey Matthias are you going to hop on or not?” His friend asked who was already busy taking off his tie while trying to multitask by drinking the water bottle at the same time.
“I think I’ll pass James, I’ll walk it home.” He replied, now giving a small hand gesture to his taller friend.

He stepped off the bus and turned to his left and noticed she was still standing there alone waiting for her bus to arrive. As he walked over, he could hear his friend who had just popped his head out of the window from the bus yell out “SCORE!” which the girl noticed as well and gave Matthias an odd yet curious look. Matthias just looked at his friend who was just waving from the back of the bus now and could imagine his idiot friend laughing at his dismay. He walked over to her and stood next to her awkwardly. If it wasn’t bad enough he was uncomfortable, he was slightly shorter than her already which made it worse.

“Hi, how’s your day been?” He asked hurriedly, trying to ease some tension between his mind and discomfort.
She looked at him as if he had said something and then just went back to minding her own business.
“Okay, chill Matthy. Be cool.” He pondered to himself, just then a bus arrived and he saw her walking to it. “Oh damn, there she was just a walking down the street…What the, that’s a song. You idiot Matthy.”
Just in that momentary lapse of thought she stood next to him again this time he just looked at her, now he could see those lips of hers mouthing words which he couldn’t hear.
“Hello? Is it me you’re looking for? No what am I thinking.” He thought again only to be disrupted by a voice of beauty to his ears.
“Hi, I need some help with this. Could you tell me which bus takes me to Lakes?” She asked, Matthias could feel the gentleness in her voice and nerves began to come into his voice again.
“Err…um…you…err…”He stuttered numerously, trying to find other words than just sounds in his mouth.
“Are you alright there? Not having some kind of fit are we.” She laughed, showing a piece of paper which was a map of the suburb. “I was wondering which bus to take to get to Lakes.”
“Err…oh. Sorry, never usually happens sorry. I usually talk normal, I mean well normal in this kind but not this fast or in messed up, err…” He rushed it through, getting another laugh from the girl.
“I guess you’re not from around here as well.” She asked, noticing the uniform he was wearing and the state of it.
“I’m a boarder at the school, but I sometimes sleep over my friends place.”
“Oh you mean that school I always see with those cute boys in those blazers look smart and all?” She asked, noticing the blazer and the crest on the front pocket.
“Yes, those boys which must mean I’m one of them.” He sarcastically replied, already into his usual conversing self.
“So how long have you been here for?” She asked, curiously looking at the state of his school uniform.
“Well I’ve been here for as long as I can remember.” He answered, actually thinking about how many years he was here at the boarding school for.
“I just arrived a few weeks ago from overseas but I’ve only been able to find a school and all.” She explained, a glint in her blue eyes showing some hints of loneliness.
“Oh don’t worry about all that, you’ll make friends in no time.” He assured her now wondering what school and year she was from. “By the way, I was wondering what year you were in and what school do you go to.” He asked, noticing her uniform was similar to his own in school colours.
“I’m graduating this year and as for the school, it looks like we’ll be seeing each other more in the next few days I’ll have left.” She remarked, a wry smile on her face appearing.
Matthias could see the slight hints of loneliness from her expression. She seemed happily cheerful but from the way her eyes shone and her tone he could sympathize with the strange loneliness vibe she gave off.
“Looks like I’ve made a friend, a very odd but interesting friend.” She cheerfully laughed, smiling at Matthias which made the hairs on his end stand.
“Err…thanks I guess.” He replied quietly, wondering whether talking to this girl was a mistake.
“Any who, I must be off now.” She informed him, now waving and walking away from him into the evening night.
“What an interesting character. Hold on, I didn’t even tell her how to get to Lakes.” He thought to himself, looking at his watch realizing it was evening now. “Wait a sec, how can it be evening all of a sudden, we were only here for about twenty minutes.”

“Actually you were talking to her for more than over two hours.” A voice explained to him.
“How can that be? Someone would’ve told me that it was evening.” He informed the voice, now puzzled at who was talking to him. “And second of all, who the hell are you?”
“Just call me Ted.” The voice replied jollily, silence coming after his reply.
“Okay Ted, explain to me something. Why are you talking to me?” He asked, confused at why some mysterious cheerful voice was talking to him.
“Everything will be explained in the latter. For now, you should really open your mind.” He answered, cackling till his voice could no longer be heard.
“Wait Ted, come back. What do you mean in the latter?” He spoke to himself, wondering what kind of demented joke someone was playing with his mind.

“Hey Matthy, what’re you doing out here. We should head back to the dorms.” A voice crept up in his right ear.
He turned around and met James who was busy scratching at his head, looking at his friend in some mild confusion.
“How come you’re back here, I thought you were going home for the day.” Matthias informed him, now puzzled by the appearance of his best friend.
“What? I told before I went to catch the bus to go get something to eat. Don’t you remember?” He reminded his friend, looking at his confused friend.
“No wait, I saw you get on the bus and I ended up talking to a girl and you gave me your usual jeering like always.” He said scratching his head wondering what was going on.
“Um… No I didn’t, all I saw were kids and you waiting at the bus and you were talking to yourself or so it seemed.” He replied, a concern in his voice for his friend. “Are you alright Matthy? You haven’t been right.”
“Me? I’m fine; it must be the graduation getting to me. I can’t wait to get out of this place.” He laughed, placing a hand on James shoulder and laughing to hide his worries.
“Alright then, oh are your parents coming by the way?” He asked, noticing the same look from his friend who gave a shake of his head in a no. “Sorry to hear, so where are they now?”
“Mum’s overseas still and Dad’s been out of contact like usual.” He replied, a tone of anger in his voice.
“Oh don’t worry, they’ll make it to it something special one day.” James laughed, his cynicism reaching out to his friend.
“Thanks for the input. I’m not worried; I should be used to it by now. I just wish I could see them once for the first time.” He whispered, walking back to the school with his friend James next to him.
“Don’t worry about it; we’ll do something special for your graduation alright?” James cheerfully replied, thinking of ideas now.
“I hope it won’t be something too odd like that yellow marble you gave me because that was useless.” He laughed, taking out the marble from his blazer pocket.
“Oh no don’t worry, it’ll be something really cool.” James smiled, running towards the entrance of the school. “It’s late you dope, you shout me dinner!” He yelled backwards, disappearing into the night.
He looked at the marble; it was just an ordinary yellow marble now putting it back into his blazer pocket.
“I’ve been having these strange dreams.” He thought to himself, looking up into the evening sky. “What the hell happened before? Maybe James was right.” He reassured himself, hands in his pockets now walking into the oblivious darkness.

“So what do you think?”
“Now, can we?”
“No! Not now.”
“Oh fiddle sticks, I never get any fun”
“Just watch him for now.”
“The time will come soon.”
“Then I can kill him?”
“Yes you dolt.”
“I am so happy now”
“For death is the only escape you stall, let dreams be your fall.”

Have fun

Status