• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream On

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Hopefully they walk that back. Pretty sure some of that retroactive stuff isn't even legal in the EU.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
The retroactive stuff I believe was walked back. And a few other things. Also Game Pass won't count.

It is still all super scummy.
It is. Enshitification again. Squeeze every last penny out of Unity, which will make people switch to Unreal or Godot, but not because making the decision makers personally rich(er).

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
My dream?
  • Tons of original worlds, both new and old.
  • Yoko handles scoring everything important, pls no more Ishimoto doing boss tracks.
  • Story addresses or at least advances most of the series' long-standing hanging plot threads, while introducing new ones.
  • Destiny Trio reunites and teams up.
  • More trippy dream stuff.
  • More RPG mechanics. I wanna customize Sora and/or my party a little more.
  • We get a proper Ux cutscene movie. DR would be nice too.
  • I don't want another major cliffhanger, the waits between games are simply too long. Fine to leave plot points open for future titles, but end on a cohesive and satisfying note.
  • Yozora.

NoWay

Awards
Square hates KH. Prove me otherwise

FF fans are eating so good lately (for the last years) whereas we’re starving to death

Awards

FF fans are eating so good lately (for the last years) whereas we’re starving to death
Not to mention how KH4 was announced early because they were afraid of people leaking it as if anyone with credibility actually cares.

Announced early, no solid dev start date, a year and a half of nothing.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The new president saying that they're cutting back on smaller scale games sure isn't promising. :(
I mean, if anything I would think this means more investment in KH, not less. FF, DQ, and KH are SE’s heavy hitters. I do miss smaller budget KH games, but that’s been a thing of the past for some time now.

AAA game development has just become so bloated and complex that it’s resulted in ridiculous timelines. I’d be perfectly happy if KH stuck to its old graphics style, that shit is beautiful. Not saying the new stuff doesn’t look great, but I don’t think it’s strictly necessary. Gotta keep up with the times though, I guess…?

Anyway, on that note I’ll add one thing to my KH4 wishlist:

I just hope they have some sort of phased strategy for the next several games, building on whatever they’re developing for KH4. Like what FF7R is doing, or God of War 2018 and Ragnarok. I think Square tries to reinvent the wheel way too often, maybe because of staff turnaround. I get that KH3 had a tortured dev cycle and the focus was on just getting that one game out the door, but now they have an opportunity to plan out the next several games—say, KH4, Verum Rex, KH5—and have a more efficient process with parallel pre-production and game systems/assets that will seamlessly roll over. FF7R is taking a really smart approach, IMO.

Chie

Awards
Also this is from the CEO that made EA into the microtransaction devil and a very hated company. So he thinks he can do that with a game engine.
Also has sexual harassment allegations against him!

Also appeared with his name changed as a villain in a few No More Heroes games because of how he fucked over Suda51 so bad that Suda took a 10 year break from directing any games. Actually, funny enough, it's the same arc in his games that Nomura is in right now (metafictional focus on a passion project game that was ultimately released under a different name and director due to executive decisions, and the creator's own history in the industry).

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
My biggest dream for KH4 is that it isn't just Donald and Goofy looking for Sora, but Kairi too. Kairi's first scene has her sparring with Aqua, then she sneaks off with D&G who 'have a plan' to look for Sora, ie, going to the underworld. D&G bring out a side of Kairi that the audience hasn't seen for a long time, her sense of fun and mischief, and they all get Hades'd to Quadratum.

Sora spends most of the main game with D&G, Kairi spends most of the main game with Riku, but they all cross paths with some regularity.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
My biggest dream for KH4 is that it isn't just Donald and Goofy looking for Sora, but Kairi too. Kairi's first scene has her sparring with Aqua, then she sneaks off with D&G who 'have a plan' to look for Sora, ie, going to the underworld. D&G bring out a side of Kairi that the audience hasn't seen for a long time, her sense of fun and mischief, and they all get Hades'd to Quadratum.

Sora spends most of the main game with D&G, Kairi spends most of the main game with Riku, but they all cross paths with some regularity.
Kinda hoping for Minnie & Daisy becoming Kairi's defacto Disney buddies personally.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I think KH is just in a different place in its “life” compared to other Square franchises at the moment. It just finished a near 20-year continuous narrative arc. Re:Mind and Melody of Memory were an epilogue to that arc to lead into the next, but whatever comes next is going to set the tone the future of the franchise. I think they didn’t want to have more spin off games between 3 and 4 as they would have muddied 4’s fresh start to the new saga. After 4 establishes the Lost Master arc, I think we’ll start seeing more side games and more frequent releases again.

FF and Dragon Quest also both have the benefit of being anthology series. It’s easier for multiple dev teams to work on different games under those brands without needing to connect them to each other. For KH, Nomura has to oversee everything and the narrative has to stay consistent. So it’s more manageable to only work on a couple projects at a time.

There’s also something to be said about it being one of their first franchises to move to Unreal Engine 5, even before FF. They must not hate the franchise too much for it to get the first stab at the latest game development tech. It will likely even be one of the first games from a mainstream AAA franchise to release using it. So I think that will get it a lot of attention.

Kinda hoping for Minnie & Daisy becoming Kairi's defacto Disney buddies personally.

I used to want this too and still wouldn’t mind it. But I can also see where it would come off a bit like Kairi’s being paired with two female substitutes for Donald and Goofy just because she’s a girl.

Maybe instead Minnie comes along with Kairi while Daisy stays back to watch over the castle. Then on their adventure they run into another character that joins them. Maybe Oswald? I could see him being a reluctant recruit that joins them out of some common goal, which could lead to some interesting character dynamics.

Last edited:

Launchpad

Awards
Meh, I don't see why we should pair her up with two characters she's spent no time with and we as an audience have spent no time with, when she already has history and a mutual bestie with D&G

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Meh, I don't see why we should pair her up with two characters she's spent no time with and we as an audience have spent no time with, when she already has history and a mutual bestie with D&G
And Sora had no history with D&G before he started traveling with them. What's with the Catch 22?

Awards
The most history Kairi's had with Donald and Goofy ultimately amounts to a couple of minutes and she's never really interacted with them.

In fact Donald and Goofy haven't really interacted with any of the non-Org original characters that much outside of like...Riku for a bit.

Like Donald goes "Nobody could defeat Riku" when he still barely knows the guy.

Launchpad

Awards
And Sora had no history with D&G before he started traveling with them. What's with the Catch 22?
Mostly that at this stage in the story, Kairi, Donald and Goofy all want the same thing, and all I've ever known Minnie and Daisy to do is stand around and be boring in Disney Castle. Sticking Kairi with them feels like a new way to do the same thing as always, sideline her and give her nothing to do. KH should be strengthening the existing relationships between characters, not establishing new ones for no other good reason than to put a girl character with two other girl characters.

Back