• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dirge OF Cerberus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
I think it looks awesome, I like shooter games so Final Fantays and a shooter put together makes an awesome game in my opinion. I hope they show more of the original crew than just Vincent and Cait Sith. It seems like its a long wait away though...

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
Meh, I doubt thats going to happen...It would be cool though. They probably won't even show him...I think they will, but since they havent showed any pics of the crew other than Vincent and Cait Sith that might be a hint that they wont show the other characters. I am pretty sure they will show at least a few of the though.

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
I dont think that the game being a shooter will screw anything up, just the battle system will be different I'm guessing and the graphics obviously...I like shooter games, they are more fun than turn-based battle system games so I wouldnt really mind it at all.

Silverwolf1500

The Silver Guardian
I can't wait till this game hits the stores. Vincent is like one of my favorite characters...so the game works for me. And shooter games are very fun.

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
Silverwolf1500 said:
I can't wait till this game hits the stores. Vincent is like one of my favorite characters...so the game works for me. And shooter games are very fun.

Yea, they are fun because you are actually controlling the action and not just putting commands in like with turn-based battle systems...

Deep Dive

:x I suck at shooter games sooo much, but I love Vincent, so I'm willing to learn..

;) And actually, according to the Admins over at AC.net, the E3 trailer of DoC did show images of a lot of the VII cast, including Barret... whether or not he'll have an actual role in it, I'm not sure.

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
Really, I didnt know that...Thats awesome though. it would have been kind of dum if the the game only showed Vincent and Cait Sith.

Deep Dive

xD Apparently Yuffie goes to yell at Vincent for returning to his coffin...

But yeah, Cid, Barret, Yuffie, and what COULD be Tifa, as well as a mysterious motorcycle man were all in the E3 trailer...

Deep Dive

:( Unforutunately I haven't even found a bootleg version of the trailer. The closes thing you're going to get is G4 TV's Square-Enix coverage which features a few clips from it. It's new stuff, but it's ruined by the stupid reporter going "Oooh... may Vincent is dating Lindsey Lohan."

... for shame.

Truthfully, I really don't know how Barret will fit in the game... he didn't seem to have any connection at all with Vincent.

Deidara

Truth be told, I'm not actually looking forward to Dirge of Cerberus. I mean, anyone notice all the recent movies/games modeled after FF7? It is just killing a good game, especially since it's been HOW many years since the original FF7 was released? I think it's just an attempt at stretching FF7's success as far as possible. And as we know, nothing will ever be as awesome as the original anyway.

Again, don't get me wrong. I love FF7. When I was 7 years old I was so psyched about it when I saw how cool it looked. I was dying to play it, and it was not until years later that I could, and loved it nonetheless.

Deep Dive

xD Well, yeah, the sure are making a load of spinoffs for this Compilation, but at least they're doing a good job of it.

Advent Children got great reviews at the Film Festivals it was invited too, and Before Crisis is a big hit in Japan.

The whole Compilation is allowing Square-Enix to try new things, such as a shooter game or a completely mobile game without such a risk of failure. Using a storyline and characters that have already been proven to be liked gives these titles a much higher chance of success.

As long as the Compilation is able to produce new titles that don't ruin the original VII, and are also well done in their own right, I say keep them coming.

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
I dont see how they are killing FF7. I dont mind the sequels at all, being a fan of the game I would like to see more of it. It would be awesome seeing all the characters in updated graphics and with voices. I am looking forward to the game and I know that they will be really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back