• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did The World That Never Was feel more dangerous in DDD compared to KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
What cityscape

The Dark City in KH2 is three rooms long (four if you count the bridge to the castle) after an entire game and two teaser trailers worth of buildup. As you please: let my temporarily forgetting it was in KH2 stand as my commentary on the matter.

Your papercut analogy is spot on.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I share the same feeling with you. DDD gave me so many chills! First, the nostalgia chills when hearing that Traverse Town music. Then, the excitement to be able to explore an amusement park. Then, the chills caused by hearing classical music in a game nowadays (Symphony of Sorcery)! But when I entered TWTNW, it was something else. The darkness, the colors, the emptiness, the urban environment, the trucks that crashed into buildings, the broken things, the skyscrapers, cutting buildings! and that music...

You did a fair comparison there. The last time a track gave me chills like that was also when I heard Hollow Bastion's music from KH1. Hollow Bastion's theme as I feel it expressed desperation, restless search for your lost friends, the feeling of being lost and insecure, yet there's passion inside you that drives you deeper into the castle. Sacred Distance was simply extraordinary for a last world's theme and as a track itself. It expressed mystery, a certain evolution, the feeling of going with the flow and being unable to withstand it. It made you want to look to your right and left twice just to be sure there's nothing there to harm or spy on you. When I reached TWTNW, I just stopped right there and took a deep breath: with headphones the whole atmosphere was... breathtaking. At least for me xD

Whatta city. I loved getting on top of the skyscrapers with the help of amazing parkour skills Flowmotion and looking around, seeing that gigantic Castle floating there, and using Glide/Super Glide in that world is just soooooo satisfying ; o ; The exploration fun level is over 9000! and cutting entire buildings!!!!!!! man!!! and Xemnas throwing actual skyscrapers at you! This world is awesome.

DDD did a veeery good job, it was an unforgettable experience for me.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Honestly, TWTNW in II felt sterile, almost as though that was the intent... and the only intent. Sometimes in the large rooms I still get this feeling of walking in a Starship Enterprize-sized hospital. White walls everywhere. Everyone in authority wearing identical robes. It's a hospital! And if sterility unnerves you like it does a friend of mine, well there you go.

Now that you mentioned it, there is this sterile feeling in the castle in KHII. Also this time around I looked around inside it, and kind of realized how massive the castle really is. It is huge! Also it`s really cool that from the windows you can see the Dark City.

You did a fair comparison there. The last time a track gave me chills like that was also when I heard Hollow Bastion's music from KH1. Hollow Bastion's theme as I feel it expressed desperation, restless search for your lost friends, the feeling of being lost and insecure, yet there's passion inside you that drives you deeper into the castle. Sacred Distance was simply extraordinary for a last world's theme and as a track itself. It expressed mystery, a certain evolution, the feeling of going with the flow and being unable to withstand it. It made you want to look to your right and left twice just to be sure there's nothing there to harm or spy on you. When I reached TWTNW, I just stopped right there and took a deep breath: with headphones the whole atmosphere was... breathtaking. At least for me xD

Glad I`m not the only one who thinks this way. :) I was kind of afraid that KH could never achieve that atmosphere again, but luckily DDD proofed me otherwise. I also took deep breath when I got to the Brink of Despair playing as Riku, since I knew most of the Norts were waiting for me inside the castle.

Also, I find it little funny, that in DDD TWTNW it really shows how being alone can be spooky. A game like KH which talks about friends and being with them etc... It really has an effect on you when you are alone. It really added to the atmosphere whne Riku and Sora were separated, and going alone inside TWTNW.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Now that you mentioned it, there is this sterile feeling in the castle in KHII. Also this time around I looked around inside it, and kind of realized how massive the castle really is. It is huge! Also it`s really cool that from the windows you can see the Dark City.

Yeah, KH2 makes great use of its backgrounds, it's something I never appreciated in SD.

Hovhannes1998

I get the same feeling when I play there. The hallucinations are just plain creepy. Also the fact that you're basically alone factors into the creepiness. My recommendation is to grind levels in another world before going there and just play right through that world. Also remember that it's just his imagination pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back