• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► "Destined"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

simple_clean

Here is the first chapter of my fic, "Destined"

*Flashback*
"I'll come back to you, I promise," Sora shouted. The ground between them was seperating even more.
"I know you will," Kairi shouted back. Their hands broke apart. Kairi looked down at her hands. A little speck of light fell onto it. She looked around to see that lots of speck were falling. Suddenly, trees started growing around her. The Destiny Islands were coming back!
Sora looked around himself to see a blue mist forming around him. It was creeping up his waist. "I'll come back," he shouted to Kairi.
Kairi saw his mouth move, but didn't hear what he said. A tear slid down her face. "Goodbye," she said quietly.
*End of Flashback*

Kairi woke up crying. She wiped the tears away. She put on a light pink sweatshirt and some jeans, then headed outside. She found herself walking towards the secret spot. She held her hands behind her back as she walked towards the drawing. She kneeled down to the drawing as tears started streaming down her face. "I hope you come back soon," she said.
"I will," said a voice. She recognized it as Sora's.
"Oh great, now I'm going crazy," she mumbled. She turned around and no one was there. "Yep, I'm losing it," she said hysterically, throwing her hands up in the air. She wiped her tears away again. "I have to be strong for Sora," she thought.

One year later......

It was Kairi's 15th birthday. Selphie and Yuffie were the only guests, but everyone was having fun.
"Come on Kairi, pin the tail on the donkey," they cheered
"Oh, all right," Kairi said, taking one last sip of her soda. Selphie put a blindfold over Kairi's eye and gave her the tail. She led Kairi over to the picture of the donkey. Kairi took her aim, and stuck the tail into the paper. She took off her blindfold. "Yes, I got a bullseye, oh yeah," said Kairi, who was starting to do a little dance.
"Way to go Kairi," they cheered.
"Oh come on, stop it," said Kairi, blushing. "How about we eat the cake and icecream now," she suggested.
"Yum," said a hungry Selphie. Kairi brought out the cake that she had made and the icecream that Yuffie had brought over from Traverse Town. After they had eaten, Selphie and Yuffie brought out their presents. Kairi took Selphie's present first. She undid the wrappings to reveal a glittering, silver bracelet that had "Friends Forever" inscribed upon it.
"Selphie, it's so pretty, thank you," said Kairi, admiring the bracelet.
"Your welcome," said Selphie. Kairi turned to Yuffie's present. She opened it and picked up the picture within. It was a picture of her and Sora when they had reunited in Traverse Town. Sora was hugging her and had made a pair of bunny ears above her head.

*Flashback*
"Come on Yuffie, take the picture," Sora said. He was getting impatient after standing there for 5 minutes.
"Just a minute, I'm trying to get your hand in the picture," Yuffie said. "I got it," Yuffie said, as she took the snapshot. Unbeknownst to Kairi, Sora had made a pair of bunny ears above her head.
*End of Flashback*

Holding back her tears, Kairi said, "Thank you Yuffie."
"Kairi, what's wrong?" asked Selphie, seeing that something was wrong.
"Oh, nothing, I just got something in my eye," Kairi lied, rubbing her eyes. She looked up at the clock. "Yuffie, you better leave soon, otherwise your going to be late for your date with Leon," Kairi reminded her.
"Oh, thank you so much for reminding me, I completely forgot," said Yuffie. She climbed up into her gummi ship. "See ya later," she said. She gave a wave and she was off.
Kairi watched the gummi ship fade away. She then looked at the sunset.

*Flashback*
Kairi and Sora were sitting at the end of the dock. The sky was different shades of purple and orange caused by the setting sun.
"Sora, can you promise me something?" Kairi asked.
"Yeah, anything," Sora replied.
"Promise me you'll never change," Kairi said.
"I promise," Sora said.
*End of Flashback*

Selphie walked up to Kairi. "You're thinking about Sora, aren't you?" Selphie asked.
"His voice....it's left me," Kairi whispered.

Last edited:

simple_clean

A year later......

A/N: I know that I haven't been writing for a while, so here goes nothing, btw, this takes place after the ending of KH2.

"We...We're back," Sora stuttered, smiling up at Kairi.
Kairi offered her hand to help him out of the water.
She smiled back," You're home."
He grabbed it and pulled himself up. He hugged her tightly. "I was so worried......when you dissapeared," Sora whispered," I thought I would never see you again."
"Hey now, no PDA," Riku warned, climbing out of the water.
Sora and Kairi immediately seperated, not before blushing though.
Riku got an amused look on his face. "You guys...I was kidding."
He went over and hugged Kairi(brotherly), "Long time no see, huh?"
"Yeah," Kairi said, playing with her hair.

"Riku!" a voice shouted. The person it belonged to practically collided into him with a hug, knocking him over.
"Gah! Wow...Selphie..what a surprise," Rikku said, looking up at the brown haired girl.
Sora and Kairi laughed. Selphie glared at them, and then joined in on the laughing.
"So.....now that we're back what should we do?" Sora asked, turning to Riku.
"Kairi?" Riku asked, turning to Kairi. "Hmmm....maybe we should just rest," she suggested.

Last edited:

simple_clean

Sora yawned. "Yeah, I'm kinda tired after that fight with Xemnas."
"Who the heck is Xemnas?" Selphie asked, with a bewildered look on her face.
Sora, Kairi, and Riku all looked at each other. "Nevermind," they told her all at once.
The group walked over to the boats, which were gently hitting the dock because of the waves.
Sora climbed into the first one. He held out to a hand to Kairi.
"Oooh," Selphie said, making Kairi blush.
Kairi smiled, and took it anyway. Sora helped her climb into the boat. Riku and Selphie climbed into the other one, giggling at the two. Kairi made to grab the oar, but Sora beat her to it. "I can do it," Sora said, grinning at her.
"He's so polite," Kairi thought, turning the other way so Sora didn't see her blush.
Too late. "You sure do blush a lot Kairi," he chuckled. Kairi playfully hit him, knocking the oar out of his hand into the water. "Oops," Kairi thought, smiling innocently at Sora.
"I have to go into the water again," whined Sora. He started to get up, but even before he could say anything, Kairi dived off of the boat. Luckily they weren't that far out in the water. Kairi came back up soon enough, oar in hand. As soon as she climbed into the boat, she shook her head, sending water everywhere.
Now it was Sora's turn to blush. The water made her clothes cling to her body, showing off all of her curves. "It's not polite to stare, Sora," Riku said from the other boat, which wasn't far ahead of them. Sora glared at them. Riku and Selphie laughed so hard that they had to hold onto each other for support, but as soon as they realized what position they were in, they let go, looking away as if it had never happened.

Last edited:

simple_clean

Kairi and Sora looked at each other and giggled silently. Riku grabbed the oar, and continued rowing, Sora doing the same. Once they had reached the main island, they got out of their boat's and tied them to the dock. Riku and Selphie headed home since they lived not very far from there. "Bye," Kairi and Sora said as they waved. Kairi started to shiver. Sora noticed this and said,"You shouldn't have jumped in the water."
He came up behind her. "Here," he said, running his hand's up and down her arms quickly. She closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of the heat.(A/N: *coughandsoracough*) "That better?" he asked her. She nodded, her face growing hot.
They stood for a moment in silence. "Do you want me to walk you home?" Sora offered, breaking the eerie silence.
"Sure.....thanks," Kairi said, starting to walk on the long road home.
Sora followed.
"So......what did you do while we were gone?" Sora asked. Kairi looked over at him.
"I waited," she replied. Sora got a surprised look on his face.
"What! Even though we were gone for about 5 hours?" he exclaimed.
She nodded, "You guys mean a lot to me." Sora looked away in thought.
"I wonder when I should ask her," he thought, pondering on whether or not to ask Kairi out tonight or not.
"What are you thinking about, Sora?" Kairi asked, nudging him. Sora snapped out of his reverie.
"Oh....nothing," he lied. He looked up to see Kairi's house coming into view. "There's your house," Sora pointed.
"See ya then," Kairi said as she waved goodbye. She started walking towards her house.
"Wait!" Sora called out. He ran up to her. "Um...will..you..I mean..," he stuttered.
He leaned forward and gave her a peck on the cheek and ran across the street to his house. Kairi put her hand to her cheek. She shook her head and smiled.
"Boys," she sighed, knowing that he was about to ask her out. With that, she walked into her house.
"Mom! I'm home!" she called out, trying to imagine how Sora's mom was reacting right now.
Her mom, Teresa, came into the room. Teresa gasped, "Where have you been?"
She gave Kairi a hug, tears rolling down her face. "It's a long story," Kairi said as she sat down.

Last edited:

simple_clean

thanks for reviewing. and they are nice reviews. arigato!
EDIT: I'll post another chapter tomorrow....or today i guess since it is 1:36 A.M. :D

Last edited:

Namine687

thats the best thing ive ever read i wanted to keep reading
im not really into reading but if books were more like this then i'd love reading
im a big fan

simple_clean

Sora stepped into the house, his heart beating at the speed of light.
"Did I just do that?" he thought to himself. Before he had time to ponder this, someone's arms enveloped him. He could already feel his shoulder growing wet from tears.
"Mom?" he said, "...........I can't believe it's you!" He returned the embrace, tears forming in his eyes. His mom hugged him even tighter.
"I can't believe you're home!" she cried, "....My baby!"
They stood still, glad that they had finally saw eachother again.
From the other room the phone started ringing, but they ignored it.
"Mom..," Sora whispered, "...can't breath."
"Oh.....sorry," she apoligized, letting go of her son. The phone started ringing again. "I'll go get it," she said, hurrying off into the other room, wiping a tear from her eye.
She picked it up and held it to her ear.
"Kristine! My daughter has come home!" Teresa exclaimed, loud enough for Sora to hear. Sora blushed, knowing that she was talking about Kairi.
"I know! Sora came back too!" Kristine also exclaimed. Sora chuckled quietly, thinking it was funny that they were shouting at each other through the phone.
"I'm so happy for you," Teresa said, now at a normal tone, "..I mean....he has been gone for 2 years."
Kristine was crying again, only now, her tears were from hapiness.
"We should have a celebration!" she suggested. Sora's eyes grew wide.
"Mom....there's rea-," he started to say.
"Don't fret about it, dear," his mom interrupted. "Ok, I guess I'll see you later tonight, I have to start preparing a meal. Can we have the party at your house?" she asked, knowing that Teresa always kept her house clean, no matter what.
"Sure, that's fine with me," Teresa replied as Kairi walked into the kitchen, "and I'm sure Kairi wouldn't mine either." Kristine hung up and set the phone down. She got a huge grin on her face, and hugged Sora again.
"Mom!" Sora said, struggling to get away, clearly embarassed. It was now that Kristine noticed how much taller Sora had gotten, and how deep his voice was.
"Oh my god, you've gotten so big, and you're voice.....," she said. Sora's face turned even redder.
"Is she trying to embarass me in everyway she can?" Sora thought.
He was glad that his voice had changed during the parts of his life that he couldn't remember.
Kristine set off around the kitchen, getting stuff for the food she was going to prepare.
"You should take a shower and change, dear," Kristine told her son.
"Ok," he said as he walked upstairs.
Once he had gotten to the bathroom door, he opened it, and stepped inside.
Sora took off all of his clothes and stepped into the blue bathtub.
He turned on the shower, but immediately regretted doing so. The water was freezing cold! He yelped loudly and hopped out of the tub.
The door opened, and his mom's head popped in. "Everything ok in here?" she asked, a smile on her face.
Sora immediately grabbed a towel from the rack, and wrapped it around himself.
"Get out!" he yelled. His mom just laughed, and closed the door.
"You act like I've never seen a guy before, Sora!" she called as she walked down the stairs.
Sora didn't answer. He just got back into the shower, which was now hot.
The warm water felt really good.
"It sure feels good to be home," Sora thought, "but is my mom going to be embarassing me like this for a week?"
As soon as he was done washing up, he stepped out of the shower.
"Maybe I acted a bit immature," he thought as he walke across the floor to his room, with a towel wrapped around his waist.
He browsed through his wardrobe, and found a black hoodie and some tan khaki pants. He put them on and headed downstairs. "I'm done," he called to his mom.

(A/N: Sora's mom sure is modest huh? XD. I'll write more tomorrow. =D Sorry that I don't really write that good.....at least I don't think I do. and i can't really do a good job on the reunion scenes either :eek: . but please review, or criticize. it makes me a better writer. :p )

Last edited:

simple_clean

trust me....i will. Sora better be prepared for some rather....interesting things.
LOL...I'm evil. XD I might not be able to write at all today because I have to go somewhere soon and I won't be back until late. so, wait until tomorrow. :3

Last edited:

simple_clean

In the time that it had taken him to take a shower, Sora's mom had prepared a pretty hearty meal, all wrapped up and ready to be carried over to Kairi's house.
Sora's mouth watered at the sight.
"That looks good," Sora praised his mom.
"Good," Kristine quickly answered, "you're going to be carrying most of it.......that is..if you're strong enough."

Sora was going to say "can't you carry some", but after his mom's rather clever use of reverse phychology, he soon had trays of food in his arms.
"Got everything?" Kristine asked, checking that they haven't forgotten anything.
"Yep," Sora said, his voice muffled by the trays in front of him.
"Ok..let's head out!" Kristine ordered, carrying only two trays out the door.
They walked across the street to Kairi house, Sora almost tripping along the way, and knocked on Teresa's door.

"Kairi, go get it," Teresa told her daughter. Teresa was obviously still cooking.
"Ok Mom," Kairi obeyed, heading towards the door.

Sora and his mom heard a shuffling of feet from inside. Soon enough, the door opened in front of them. Sora could hardly see from behind the pile of food in his arms, but he could recognize that voice anywhere.
"Hello Mrs. Kiyamoto," Kairi greeted Kristine. She noticed Sora behind all the trays of food and giggled.
"You wanna try and carry all this stuff?" Sora threatened Kairi.
"Not really," Kairi replied, moving aside so they could walk in.

Something suddenly occured to Sora. "Hey Kairi," he said as he set the food down on the counter, "did you invite Riku?"
"No, I didn't invite Riku," she said sarcastically, "even though he's our best friend."
"When is he coming?" Sora asked, catching on to the sarcasm.
Kairi scratched her head for a second. "He said that he would be here right abou-"
A knock at the door interrupted her. She went over to open it.

Riku and his dad were standing there. "Hey Sora," Riku waved. Selphie appeared from behind them. "I kind of invited Selphie because she wanted to come so badly," Rikku said, grinning and blushing at the same time.
"Of course, the more the merrier!" Teresa said, shaking hands with Riku's dad, Mike.
Everbody sat down at the table and said there prayers before digging into the excellent food.

"Your mom cooks really good food, Kairi," Sora said, garnering him a look from his mother, "....not that you cook bad, Mom."
After everyone had eaten their share, Teresa brought out the desert, giving everyone a slice of the blackberry pie.

After eating desert, Kairi came around to pick up the dishes, smiling at Sora as she passed him. Sora smiled back and blushed.

It was getting late, so Riku and Mike headed out, Selphie close behind them.
"See ya later!" Sora shouted. Teresa and Kristine headed inside to talk about stuff, leaving Kairi and Sora outside to do whatever they wanted.
"Hey Kairi, do you want to go for a walk?" Sora asked her.
"Sure," Kairi smiled, "just let me go and get my jacket."
She walked inside, and closed the door behind her. Sora sat there in though for a quite a while. "Should I ask her tonight?" he thought, "....no, she doesn't like me." An ongoing arguement was going on in his head. The brave side was winning. "I'll ask her tonight," Sora thought, grinning to himself.

Kairi came out to see a grinning Sora waiting for her.
"Do you want to walk to the beach?" he asked.
"That's fine," she answered.

(A/N: ...o_O..Yeah...the name Mike just came out of nowhere. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter, expect another in the next two days. Oh, and give me any ideas if you have any. If you're a girl, I want you to give me some pointers as to how Kairi should think. Thanks. :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back