• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Definitions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn

In case any of you need help when Pheonix talks about dictionary terms. If he has anymore feel free to post them and I will look them up. (and no I am not doing it to be mean.)-_- This does have to do with religion just look in Convert Me or Homosexuality and Bisexuality threads.

From Websters New World Dictionary

Atheism- the belief that there is no God

Buddhism- a religion of Asia teaching that by right thinking and and self-denial one achieves Nirvana, a state of blessedness

Christian- a believer in Jesus as the prophesied Messiah, or in the religion based on the teachings of Jesus
1. of Jesus Christ 2. of or professing the religion based on his teachings 3. having the qualities taught by Jesus as love, kindness, humility, ect. 4. of Christians or Christianity

Christianity- 1. Christian's collectively 2. the Christian religion 3. The state of being a Christian

Cult- 1. a system of religious worship or ritual 2. devoted attachment to a person or principle 3. a sect

Eternity- 1. The state or fact of being eternal 2. Infinite or endless time 3.A long period of time that seems endless 4. the endless time after death.

Free- 1. not under the control or power of another; having liberty independent. 2. having civil and political liberty. 3. able to move in any direction, loose. 4. not burdened by obligations, debts, or discomforts ect. 5. not confined to the usual rules. 6. not exact. 7. generous, profuse 8.frank 9.with no charge or cost. 10. exempt from taxes, duties 11. clear of obstructions 12.not fastened
1. without cost 2. in a free manner

Freed; freeling- to make free; to realease from bondage or arbitrary power, obligation

Freedom- 1. a being free, exemption from obligation, being able to act freely

Gift- 1. Something given, present. 2.the act of giving 3. A natural ability. 4. to present a gift to 5. to present as a gift.

Heaven- 1. the visible sky, fermament. 2. the state or place of complete happiness attained by the good after death. 3. the abode of God his angels and the blessed 4. any place of great beauty or state of great happiness

Hell- 1. the state or place of total and final seperation from God and so of eternal misery and suffering, arrived by those who die unrepentant in grave sin 2.any place of condition of evil, pain, ect.

Jew- 1. a person decended or regarded as decendied from the ancient Hebrews 2. A persons who religion is Judaism

Judaism- the Jewish religion

Mormon- a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints founded (1830) United States

Muslim- an adherent of Islam

Religion- 1. belief in and worship of God or gods 2. a specific system of belief, worship ect., often invilving a code of ethics

Sect- 1. a religious denomination 2. any group of people have a common philosophy, set of beliefs.

Witch- 1. a woman though to have supernatural power as by a compace with evil spirits 2. an ugly old shrew 3. a facinating woman or girl

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
a·the·ism /ˈeɪθiˌɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ey-thee-iz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Number 2 is my particular brand of atheism.

gift /gɪft/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gift] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.
2. the act of giving.
3. something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned: Those extra points he got in the game were a total gift.
4. a special ability or capacity; natural endowment; talent: the gift of saying the right thing at the right time.
–verb (used with object)
5. to present with as a gift; bestow gifts upon; endow with.
6. to present (someone) with a gift: just the thing to gift the newlyweds.

The bolded part if very important.

1. enjoying personal rights or liberty, as a person who is not in slavery: a land of free people.
2. pertaining to or reserved for those who enjoy personal liberty: They were thankful to be living on free soil.
3. existing under, characterized by, or possessing civil and political liberties that are, as a rule, constitutionally guaranteed by representative government: the free nations of the world.
4. enjoying political autonomy, as a people or country not under foreign rule; independent.
5. exempt from external authority, interference, restriction, etc., as a person or one's will, thought, choice, action, etc.; independent; unrestricted.

e·ter·ni·ty /ɪˈtɜrnɪti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[i-tur-ni-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties.
1. infinite time; duration without beginning or end.
2. eternal existence, esp. as contrasted with mortal life: the eternity of God.
3. Theology. the timeless state into which the soul passes at a person's death.
4. an endless or seemingly endless period of time: We had to wait an eternity for the check to arrive.
5. eternities, the truths or realities of life and thought that are regarded as timeless or eternal.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm using dictionary.com, and I know you did. Just saw it as a perfect chance to clear up what the phrase "free gift" means

Solemn

I'm using dictionary.com, and I know you did. Just saw it as a perfect chance to clear up what the phrase "free gift" means

Hmm, well I guess I don't reallly care though you could have kept alot of that stuff out it was kind of confusing to read. Anyway thank you I'll be sure to make sure I have all the definitions next time! :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back