• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Deep Jungle Not in Chain of Memories?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Bronze Member
Square Enix, nor Disney have the Copyrights for Tarzan or any of its characters. the deal was terminated after kh1.

For Jack Skellington (sp?) the C.R. are still valid and so is for Peter Pan.

For some reason Disney doesnt have the CR for all of its characters...

Tinker Bell is a disney character so it's ok... i mean it's part of the main characters..
(Mickey Mouse is the big one and Tinker bell is the one fro mthe castle...)

Question answered, any further speculation is pointless.

They didn't have legal rights, plain and simple. If they had the rights then it probably would of been added, but otherwise they would of had a lawsuit on their hands. Fact is, they just weren't allowed to add them, nothing more storywise kept them from adding it.

Aurum-Femina

hm... dat was like a long time ago... to tell you the truth i dont have an actual link...

i googled it and i found something that can back me up!
subtitles Tarzan (Disney) (1999) (Special Edition Box Set) - The Net's top resource for subtitles info on all major DVD releases

read the description of the movie... the actual story is from another dude not familiar with Disney and it also says so in the credits in the beginning of the game

Edgar Rice Burroughs? When he was still alive, he asked Walt Disney if he could create a Tarzan adaption. xD I think he would've been happy for a release under Walt Disney Animation.

Not many of the Disney films are 100% original. Alice in Wonderland, 101 Dalmatians, and The Little Mermaid, to name a few that have recorded authors. So I still don't think it was because of copyright issues. (Which would surely suck if they didn't have rights, having the largest budget ever for a traditionally-animated film, and probably most expensive animated film in general. xD) I still see DVDs at Target, so I think Disney still has rights to Tarzan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back