• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dark skies in light worlds~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper33

Having major problems finding a comfortable fic to write, so I'm experimenting. Bear with me here guys!

~Chapter One~

The fire spread through the kitchen like a train on a track, trailing the floor in mere seconds. Adne pushed his body against the wall, choking out muffled cries of, "Mother! Mother!"

He thrashed away from the approaching fire, flinging his body into the front hall. As he was crawling for the door, a searing pain shot into and through his arm. He cringed, glancing back at his arm and instantly turning away, tears gushing from his eyes. A wooden support beam was stabbed in his left arm, preventing any further movement. The fire was crawling into the hall, starting with the doorframe. Adne attempted to yank his arm free, but to no help, he couldn't move. If he didn't act fast, he'd burn with the house, which was not on his priority list.

He noticed the axe that had fallen off of the mantle, and as his eyes attached to it a thought shot into his head. Cut it off. He wrapped his fingers around the wooden handle of the axe, bringing it into the air. With sleight hesitation, he summoned as much strength as he could, bringing the axe down onto his trapped arm. He screamed in pain, flinging his arm up to the stump he now had for an arm and stood, unsteady at best, and reached for the door knob. He fought the burning sensation attached to the knob, twisting it and throwing himself onto his front lawn, using the last of his strength to roll down to the sidewalk. He heard sirens in the distance and sighed, losing his conciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two years later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A spiky brown haired 14 year old boy dug in his pockets for his house keys. He pulled them out, putting them into the door twisting and making the click noise that allowed him to push the door open. He dropped his backpack in the middle of the floor, picking up the phone and dialing his aunt's work number.

"Hello?" She answered, on the second ring.

"Hey Auntie, I'm gonna head downtown with the guys. That cool with you?" Adne said, reaching for a chocolate bar on the counter.

"Yeah," She responded, "I'll be home late, don't wait up."

"You bet. See ya in the morning." Adne said, clicking the phone onto the base.

He finished his chocolate, grabbed his board and rode off down the hill.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adne steered carefully into the old alley, which was a shortcut to Market Street, his destination. He lied his helmet and board in the cornor of the alley, taking off into the abandoned culdesac. He strode to the middle of it then stopped. Something didn't feel right.

"So you're the third?" A voice came from behind him, rather laid back.

Adne spun on his heels, seeing a man in all black, face shrouded by a dark hood. He was holding his fingers in the shape of a gun, fire coming out from his index finger. He got off the bird feeder he was resting on, stopping the fire that was coming out of his finger.

"What are you talking about!" Adne snapped, back up slightly as the man came towards him.

"He lived here, right? That means we don't have time for a Q&A. You're comin with me, conscious or not!" The man said, casting off his hood.

A wall of fire erupted from the ground around them, forming a boundary. He looked for any possible escape, failing to find one.

"Name's Axel. Got it memorized?" Two chakrams appeared in his hands, and he began twirling one around his index finger. Adne stepped back, his hand glowing, a pillar of light about 3 feet long shooting from it. It materialized a golden handled, key-shaped blade, that dropped into his hand and glimmered for a moment, before fading. Adne jumped into a battle stance, ready for action.

Axel charged in, cutting across his left arm, making a clack noise upon impact.

"Ah, no left arm huh?" Axel asked with a smile. He disappeared, reappearing behind Adne, ready to slash. He wasn't fast enough, however, as Adne spun, cutting across his chest, then string out combos again and again, dealing much damage to Axel's body. Axel fell to his knees.

"Damnit...I may have underestimated you...We'll meet again Adne, and you won't be so lucky next time." Axel choked out, reaching with his right arm and materializing a dark rift below Adne, causing him to fall through and plunge into never ending darkness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I hope you all liked it, leave reviews so I can put up some more.

~Oathy:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back