• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

current project

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tau

Prologue
"I Never understood the meaning of love, I guess.. I never really saw a point, but that changed when i met you..., but that was when the world changed forever... and i missed my chance."
The sea relentlessly crashed against the cliff face, wearing away the limestone rock, quickly receeding then rising again for another assault.
The tip of the waves, where they foamed and curved, reached the top of the cliff, it's spray almost seemed to reach out for the sword that stood in the grass.
Brown and golden leaves danced around the solid steel and the sea's water seemed to make it shimmer. Despite the raging sea and the howling wind it was peaceful at the cliff top, that was until the dirt around the blade was disturbed, a familiar hand grasped the hilt of the sword and pulled it from its resting place, an unnatural wind whistled loudly, causing the cloak of a young man to wrap around his legs and his chestnut brown hair to dance on his head.
He bent down and scooped water out of a puddle with a gloved hand and threw it over his face. He winced as the cold water stung the fresh scar on his right cheek.
He blinked the water out of his eyes and looked into the puddle that rippled from drops of water running off his face, his deep blue eyes stared back at him, filled with a great sadness that no man shud ever have to endure, but unbeknownst to him...there was more to come.
Standing up he turned to look at the burnt out village at the foot of the hill, nothing left but ashes and dirt. Black smoke drifted into the air and was whisked away by the bitter wind.
Further up the hill lay the freshly piled mounds of dirt that filled in the graves of the villagers. The previous hours had been spent searching the raging fires for survivors, none were found. Once the fires were out a calm settled over the valley. Tears began to well in the young man's eyes, the feeling of uncontrolable emotion suffocated his heart. Suddenly he was hit with a wave of conviction and he shook the tears from his eyes and supressed the emotion that threatened to consume him. "Not now", he spoke into the wind, "Not now, not after how far i've come", he gripped the sword, placed it into the sheath on his back and walked to the edge of the cliff, stopping just where the toe of his boots protruded over the rock face. "I've come too far to cry now, it's time to leave the child behind me and embrace the future that awaits me". He closed his eyes and let one tear escape.
He whispered a promise, knowing full well she wouldn't hear it, but still hoping that the feeling behind it would be felt. "Silvia...I'll save you".
Opening his eyes he plunged into the resltess ocean below, not knowing where his path would take him but knowing for certain he'd see his beloved again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back