• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could The Final World Be A Metaphorical Tree Of Yggdrasil?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Hello there, everyone, I hope you are all doing well!

This is something that just occurred to me now while reading through the replies of another thread I had made previously.

So then, as many people are debating how films like Soul and Coco could fit into KH since both films deal with the afterlife and what lies beyond...what if these two worlds served as branches or extensions of The Final World?

Many fans debate that it would be hard to implement these films since The Final World is already a sort of limbo where hearts go after people die, so what if The Final World itself could be, in theory, a metaphorical Tree Of Yggdrasil? If I'm not mistaken, in Norse mythology, this tree is the tree of life. With that being the case, Nomura could just make The Final World a similar concept inspired by the Tree Of Yggdrasil, the only difference being that it would be a "tree" of the afterlife! This way, worlds that have an afterlife can exist at the same time as The Final World, since they'd be branches of one big tree!

I hope I made sense. XD

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Yggdrasil, the world tree? I’m not quite sure. If you’re thinking about THE world that connects all worlds despite their separation, there’d be three worlds that fit that description:
  1. The Final World - where all hearts which have lingering attachments to the living world gather, apparently even hearts from other realities and worldlines. This is apparently where it all ends.
  2. Scala ad Caelum - the nexus from which all worlds spring. This is apparently where it all begins.
  3. Kingdom Hearts - the unseen land of light. The macguffin.
Now that I think about it, aren’t those three worlds more like the three springs underneath Yggdrasil that nourishes the world tree instead? 🤔

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The Final World isn't a tree, it's a branch. Scala is what I would consider to be the equivalent, if such a metaphor was meant to be made.
tumblr_inline_pq09eqeI1t1sl2arq_1280.png

b83bfdf78fadcd572c5d901fd2a842babe164c1br1-640-458v2_uhq.jpg

9076b46b396168bed1d33195a2e6977c.jpg

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I don’t know who made that Yggdrasil diagram but whoever did it obviously never read the eddas, much less researched Germanic mythology at large. Didn’t Yggdrasil only have three roots, one of which is where the wyrm-dragon gnaws at it instead of actually wrapped around the tree? And why isn’t Vanaheim way up there alongside Alfheim and Asgard? The position of Muspelheim and Niflheim is all wrong. Etc.

Sorry, I’m a stickler for historical and cultural accuracy.

But ignoring that for now, what exactly is Yggdrasil and TFW being compared to? The origin of all worlds? The connection of all worlds? The nourishment of all worlds? Because those are all different things.

DrShimo

Awards
I’d be interested to see how Hades plays into this with his underworld tbh. But it would explain how he pulled what seems very much like FFX version of Auron out (and used the pure flies): he’s pulling him from another world line through a connection with the final world

Awards
Yggdrasil, the world tree? I’m not quite sure. If you’re thinking about THE world that connects all worlds despite their separation, there’d be three worlds that fit that description:
  1. The Final World - where all hearts which have lingering attachments to the living world gather, apparently even hearts from other realities and worldlines. This is apparently where it all ends.
  2. Scala ad Caelum - the nexus from which all worlds spring. This is apparently where it all begins.
  3. Kingdom Hearts - the unseen land of light. The macguffin.
Now that I think about it, aren’t those three worlds more like the three springs underneath Yggdrasil that nourishes the world tree instead? 🤔

Hmm, that is a good way to see it! I wonder if Nomura has something in mind that references Norse mythology?

The Final World isn't a tree, it's a branch. Scala is what I would consider to be the equivalent, if such a metaphor was meant to be made.
tumblr_inline_pq09eqeI1t1sl2arq_1280.png

b83bfdf78fadcd572c5d901fd2a842babe164c1br1-640-458v2_uhq.jpg

9076b46b396168bed1d33195a2e6977c.jpg

Ooh, seeing both of them like that really makes it look like the world tree!

I don’t know who made that Yggdrasil diagram but whoever did it obviously never read the eddas, much less researched Germanic mythology at large. Didn’t Yggdrasil only have three roots, one of which is where the wyrm-dragon gnaws at it instead of actually wrapped around the tree? And why isn’t Vanaheim way up there alongside Alfheim and Asgard? The position of Muspelheim and Niflheim is all wrong. Etc.

Sorry, I’m a stickler for historical and cultural accuracy.

But ignoring that for now, what exactly is Yggdrasil and TFW being compared to? The origin of all worlds? The connection of all worlds? The nourishment of all worlds? Because those are all different things.

I would say connection to all worlds, because that way it would explain why there's different versions of reality and other worlds that have afterlives such as the ones from films such as Coco and Soul, if they were to be implemented.

I’d be interested to see how Hades plays into this with his underworld tbh. But it would explain how he pulled what seems very much like FFX version of Auron out (and used the pure flies): he’s pulling him from another world line through a connection with the final world

There you go! That's actually a pretty interesting thought to think! It would be cool if that ended up being the case!

Back