• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Convince me.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury Rain

Just Another Star
MY ADVICE! Get GBA emulator and download KH: CoM to it, it's easy really, that's how i got it and it's free and illegal :eek:

ansem13

If you want to understand KH2 better, get it. Yes it's repetitive. Yes the battle system is cumbersome. But it has the Organization, and they're frickin' awesome. Exept for Marluxia. GO FLOWER POWER!!! But he's balenced out by Axel's supreme coolness.

Last edited:
A

Audo

Why should we waste our time trying to convince you? Jeez, You cant decide something by yourself?

°Kaarix.˚

Why are you on this forum if you're questioning even getting Kingdom Hearts? Just to see what the hype is about? :/.

TwilightSora

I'm back? Maybe.
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
The best GBA graphics ever to be introduced, thats all. Gameplay is repetitive.

Also note: All those idiots who said you won't understand KH2 without playing KH:COM are retards. It has specifically been said many times that KH:COM story has nothing/near nothing to do with KH2 which means you don't need to play it to understand KH2.

Locke

Thanks for the info (and much thanks to Takushi Rena, King Sora, and squall). I just wanted to know from the mouths (fingers?) of other Kingdom Hearts fans if they thought the game was a worthy addition to the series. ....I think I'll apply your advice and just wait 'til the price drops more and pick it up before KH2 releases here, just to be geared up.

And silentshooter, if this "douche bag" had wanted to make a thread for attention I would have done somthing like : "KH SUCKS!: You won't convince me otherwise."

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Zetsumi said:
You shouldn't, unless you enjoy playing well designed games. It dosn't advance the plot, it dosn't have anything KH2 won't. The only reason it was made was to extract more money from the KH liscence, and the only reason for you to buy it is to enjoy yourself playing it.

well, i don't mean to argue, but COM does advance the plot..... You actually find out who the weird hooded peoples where from ASAS and Deep Dive. You finally find out what happens to the character after the defeat of Ansem. You are introduced to a couple order members, which will be helpful to know in KH2. Not to mention you will be completely lost if when KH2 comes out and you havent' played COM yet.

As for the thread's main question, If you have played Kingdom hearts before, then go for it... it's pretty fun for the first couple of hours, and if you loved the levels in the original KH, you get to play them again. The card system is a real love/hate feature of the game. If you have a blockbuster or hollywood video that lets you rent GBA games, then rent it first, and if you like it, then buy it. It's not REALLY expensive, and the game is definitely worth your time.

But then again, if you've never played KIngdom hearts 1, then you will want to play that first. It's all up to you, I'm just trying to help.

chasingdusk

Ughh...Moon Pie you've been spamming up the COM section of the forums with your pointless input. I've seen your name at the end of every thread and you have not once said anything that might be useful to another member. Do yourself a favor and don't post!

As for my input I suggest you read the game script by dragonblade3325:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/919011.html

It summarizes all the cutscenes and basically gives you a better understanding to what happened in COM without the whole walkthrough for battles and stuff.

Last edited:

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Actually, I changed my viewpoint. CoM is not that bad of a game. Buy it. Just make sure you spend a long time on each world collecting moogle points.

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
As I am a poor student tramp with no money, I just downloaded an emulator and I'm glad I didn't waste my money on a gameboy advance and the game. It wasn't that good, gameplay-wise, though it did offer some decent information that'll help you out a little in the beginning of KH2. Though even then, if you don't play CoM you'll probably not be confused at Kh2 for very long. The happenings o Chain of Memories will be explained in Kh2 so you don't need to have played it.

The battle system was extremely irritating. I hate the damn cards. Playing through the same worlds as Kh1 only in spirte style was dull and made me impatient for cutscenes so I could see something new.

The best thing about this game was, therefore, the little bits of story. The actual gameplay was kind of rubbishy. Therefore I suggest that you just read the script or download an emulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back