• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chances of worldwide release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

doortolight

Awards
I read somewhere that the FM's are always in english because the japanese actually prefer the english voice acting. perhaps they'll wait till after the english dubbing is done as well to release world wide, so that the japanese could have the english voice acting immediatly, and just have a language option at the start screen

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: chances of world wide release

If I recall right, I think it's Nomura specifically who's really into the English voices and requested the FM's be the way they are. He's semi involved in the English casting.

I think a potential world wide release would be considered more from general audience satisfaction and profit than pleasing the Japanese audience primarily. Not to mention, if there were to be language options, it would work the other way around as well for those who strictly only like Japanese voices.

I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be when it comes to the video game industry and how something like this would work, so dubbing aside...maybe?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

If I recall right, I think it's Nomura specifically who's really into the English voices and requested the FM's be the way they are. He's semi involved in the English casting.

I think a potential world wide release would be considered more from general audience satisfaction and profit than pleasing the Japanese audience primarily. Not to mention, if there were to be language options, it would work the other way around as well for those who strictly only like Japanese voices.

I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be when it comes to the video game industry and how something like this would work, so dubbing aside...maybe?

Well, like, considering there's usually just a three/four month window between releases, if they started earlier then it's actually very doable to tighten that up. Actually sometimes they just sit on the product, which is ridiculous, but I'm hoping that if they're not released simultaneously they'll at least be released as close as possible.

Sdog

Awards

Would be cool if we all have a language option just to try it out, I know I'd probably do a play through at some point with the Japanese. And on the terms of a world wide release luckily the release dates for the Japanese and NA/EU versions have been getting closer. So hopefully when III rolls around it isn't a drastic wait upwards to a different year.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

My knee-jerk reaction would be no. Square notoriously has long wait times between the Japanese release and localized English release for their games. Thing is, they could probably easily do an international release, but that would maybe sacrifice releasing a Final Mix version in Japan like they've always done. They would be losing a chance at selling a game with a few minor additions for the same price. Because when you take away the English voices, there really isn't a whole lot added to the Final Mix versions that couldn't be released in the form of DLC.

I don't think it's in Square's best financial interest to not sell the game twice when they have the chance.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I would love a worldwide release (obviously, as everyone else would) especially with a game of this caliber because starting the week before this game comes out (due to leaks from gaming stores), multiple sites on the internet will become off-limits due to the spoilers for this game being everywhere and when I mean everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE! I actually would be shocked if any game is more spoiled than this one given the pure hype surrounding this title is almost unmatched ever.

That being said, I could see an international release, those fearing no Final Mix for Japan don't need to worry, since I can easily see them releasing language packs along with DLC for those who already own the game, and as has been brought up before, a "Game of the Year" edition AKA Final Mix can still be released later down the line perhaps including all DLC up to that point, while simultaneously attracting people waiting for that copy.

On a side note, I think the attraction of the English voices for the Japanese audience is due to the fact that the Disney characters are originally in English and many of the voice actors who originally voiced them in the films have come back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back