• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Caught

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny's Call

Somwhere where I cause lots of problems...
Hey ya'll! Here is another one-shot from me! =D It's an SK one this time!

KAIRI’S POV~~~

I walked along the sandy shore of Destiny Islands, letting the beautiful sea breeze move my now long auburn hair in all directions and allowing the turquoise, crystal clear water to tickle my feet. Seven painful years...Sora…why did you do this to me? I’ve been waiting all these agonizing years for you, and wishing every day for your return. It’s all because of that stupid Kingdom Hearts mess….it did this to you…I did this to you…I was such an idiot, letting my heart get lost, and loosing myself to Maleficent and her lackeys. You played hero, and saved me from Ansem and the darkness …so, Sora…please, save me one more time from a life of loneliness and torment. I take a deep breath, letting the cool air fill my lungs, and calm me down a bit. Once again, for the thousandth time, maybe millionth, I look out onto the horizon, gazing at the beautiful blue sky, hoping to see you. Just as before, my action is in vain. Maybe my hope is in vain as well…? Maybe I should just give up on you…? All the others have. They say I’m a recluse, living in ‘Kairi World’, and not accepting reality…the reality that you are gone, and never returning. I tremble slightly, I can’t stand the thought of you being…gone forever…I couldn’t live. You mean too much to me. You and Riku both. No, I won’t let go…not just yet. I sit down, and hug my knees, sighing. I stare at the sand, and start to trace something. I draw something, subconsciously, not really sure what I’m exactly doing. I smile as I see what it is. Instantly, I recognize your boyish face and beaming smile. How I wished what I was drawing was real. It has been so long since I last saw you…I wonder, what are you like now? You’ve probably matured, but I hope not too much, your innocence was one of your greatest qualities, and you’ve more than likely become more…what’s the word…depressed? After all, who knows what you’ve seen through your adventures? More than likely, they are not pleasant things. My eye lids become heavy, and my body more limp. I’m so tired now…I stay up every night reminiscing on past times…and staring at the heavens, wondering if you’re in them. I don’t want to sleep, I’m afraid if I do; you’ll come back, and then leave, not seeing me. Alas, I feel my head falling, resting in my hands, and my lavender eyes close.

I sleep for…who knows how long, until a voice awakens me.

“He’s gone okay Goofy? Get over it already!”

At the name of one of Sora’s companions, my eyes fly open, and I move my head around, hoping that I’ll see him there. No luck, as usual. Though, I hear another voice…

“But Donald! I miss him!” Another voice replied to the previous one.

A sigh was heard.

“I know…we all miss Sora…but we have to grasp that he probably won’t come back…” A voice I identified as Donald’s retorted.

“It’s…just….it’s just so hard…” Another voice I recognized, Goofy’s, replied.

“I know Goofy, I know.”

Suddenly, I awaken and open my eyes again, as I hastily look up. I was breathing heavily; sweat causing my hair to stick to my face. I was back on Destiny Islands.

Calm down Kairi…it was just a dream…

I took a deep breath and stare at the colored horizon. Sunset. My favorite time of the day…the time that he and I would sit together, and just…talk. Suddenly, it hits me. Sora’s gone. His friends said so…he was dead. Tears fall down my face as the reality seeps into my brain. I could hardly believe it…I didn’t want to believe it… I stand up. My legs are sore from sitting in the same position for so long, but I don’t care. My entire body is numb as I walk over to the Secret Place. I pass the gorgeous waterfall; I don’t see its beauty now…I only want to go into that cave. I was hoping that he’d be there, standing there, by our picture, and that he’d smile his smile and tell me he was back for good. I knew it was all in vain. I get down on my hands and knees, it’s not as easy for me to just duck anymore, and crawl through the tiny entrance. Once I get through, I dust off my light purple skirt and begin walking through the damp tunnel. I stop as I enter the main cave and see the brown door. Its gold edges were shining from the pale sunlight that entered through the hole in the ceiling and illuminated the cave. That was our world’s entrance. The cursed door that opened, and caused this whole mess to begin. I glare at it, and sigh deeply. I look to my right, and walk slowly towards my destination. Our picture, our picture. The one that only we knew about and the one that was our secret. I reach it, and bend down on my knees. Running my hand over it, I realized something.

It was not use holding on to someone that was gone…I had to let go.

I grabbed a nearby rock, and bit my bottom lip as I swallowed painfully, and fresh tears fell. I placed the rock on one corner of a picture and pulled down. I was going to cross out the picture, and my past. A small marking was made, and then, I heard a sound that made me immediately stop.

“Kairi? What are you doing? Why are you ruining our picture?”

My heart skipped a beat. I recognized that voice… It was his voice, except it was deep because it was now the voice of a twenty-one year old man, not a fourteen year old boy. I smile to myself, and slowly turn my head. My tears continued falling as I stared at the almost unbelievable sight before me. A wonderfully familiar man with spiky brown locks that fell in front of his face and gorgeous azure eyes was standing before me. His perfect features were shined upon by the sun rays, and mature face tilted slightly. His soft, creamy lips curved into a smile and he slowly walked over. I stood up, and, like I was floating on air, walked over, meeting this young man in the middle of the cave. Tears continued falling, and I wanted to say his name, but I couldn’t find my voice. He smiled bigger, and raised a gloved hand to wipe the newly fallen tears from my pale cheeks. His beautiful sapphire eyes shined with happiness, and he gazed at me with a look of complete adoration. We were both quiet. What do you say to a person that means so much to you that you haven’t seen in seven years? He was the first to say something.

“Hey, Kairi…” He whispered, his deep, caring voice melting my heart as it reached my ears.

My bottom lip quivered, and I did the first thing that came to my mind. I embraced him, and started sobbing into his yellow shirt. He wrapped his well-built arms around me, and whispered words of kindness and comfort into my ear. We stayed like this for who knows how long, until I raised my head and gazed into his cobalt eyes. I took a deep breath, and smiled, saying,

“Sora…you kept you promise, you came back…” My voice was raspy, and his name felt so foreign on my lips.

He nodded and smiled. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a dainty little star, my lucky charm.

“Here…this belongs to you I believe…” He said, and handed it to me. I gladly took it, and replied,

“It really must be lucky if it brought you back to me,” I announced and he smiled. “But…I heard Donald and Goofy saying you were gone.” I added, remembering my dream.

“I am gone; I’m here with you…not with them…” He smiled.

“Oh…they said they missed you,” I replied, giggling slightly.

He sighed and looked away, his ‘Sora’ grin on his face.

“Those two are such babies! They always miss me! Even when I just go out to take a walk!” responded, and looked back at me, a serene smile appearing.

“But you’re much more important…” He says, and leans forward.

My heart leaped for joy and raced as his lips neared mine. Soon, just like in so many of my dreams, our lips met. I sighed blissfully and became completely absorbed with his kiss, my arms wrapping around his neck. We stayed like this for who knows how long, until our kiss broke. He smiled and bit his lower lips slightly.

“Kairi…I love you with all my heart…”

“I love you too, Sora,” I replied, smiling madly.

“And…I would be honored if you would be my wife.” He finished off his sentence and my eyes widened as he got down on one knee.

“Kairi, will you marry me?”

Just like in a fairy tale, my dream came true. My beloved wanted to be with me forever, just as I wanted to be with him for eternity. Tears fell down my face,

“I would love to be your wife.”

We embraced as he slipped the diamond ring on my finger.

I had almost let go, but he caught me…just like I knew he always would.

*End*~~~

AN: Oo…yay for Kairi, she got her happy ending! (^_^) I hope it wasn’t too romantic and/or sappy….Anyhoo…reply pwease!

DaRkNeSs2LiGhT

awww, how sweet! i have to admit, it is..WEIRD...that they're getting married since we're used to them being teens. lol~ but it was so awesome! i almost cried wen i thought he was dead! *sNiffLezZ*. "I had almost let go, but he caught me…just like I knew he always would."<<<i LOVE that line~ anywhoz, ur good at writing. hope u write something else soon!>>> ^^;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back