• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Capital Punishment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.esoteric

If there was a way for us to actually know, 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that person x slit person y's throat, then yes, I would support capital punishment. If anyone ever tries to kill me, I'll kill them because I'll know who it is, I won't be going to the police. But unfortunately, that's not the world we live in, there's no way we can know who killed who because the only person who knows for sure, is the person who got killed, and, alas, he's dead. So until we invent a revival machine, I'll fight the death penalty to the death.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
We know people at all who have created society? I'm surprised if people even have names this far back.
This is assuming that the individual created society in the first place; but let's continue on the thought.

We don't need origins, acts of re-creation will do. Qin Shi Huangdi and the formation of imperial China; Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire; founders of the United States of America. Of course all of these draw from precedents, none remotely an act of society in creation, but each represents a break from the past in how people "choose" to live in society.

Phoenix said:
It isn't. People will hang on to anything.
A good survival instinct.

Phoenix said:
Degrees of intelligence and empathy. It's the same reason why we have rapists and non-rapists, no?
The analogy, if taken directly, would posit the majority of humanity as rapists, at least in mentality. A distinct possibility, but do I mistake you?

Phoenix said:
I fell no empathy towards a rapist, or a serial killer. They are human biologically, but I wouldn't bat an eye at their execution.
And at whose would you?

.esoteric said:
If anyone ever tries to kill me, I'll kill them because I'll know who it is, I won't be going to the police.
Is this to avoid the possibility that your failed assailant might live?

.esoteric said:
So until we invent a revival machine, I'll fight the death penalty to the death.
Such an interesting concept: to give one man life in order to kill another.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
We don't need origins, acts of re-creation will do. Qin Shi Huangdi and the formation of imperial China; Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire; founders of the United States of America. Of course all of these draw from precedents, none remotely an act of society in creation, but each represents a break from the past in how people "choose" to live in society.

How many of these gave their power to someone else instead of keeping it for themselves?

The analogy, if taken directly, would posit the majority of humanity as rapists, at least in mentality. A distinct possibility, but do I mistake you?

Rapine was not uncommon in another age. When Rome invaded other towns or tribes, rape was merely part of the spoils of war, even by married men, and even by men who by all accounts were considered "good". It's only when there's a punishment for this sort of thing that it dies down, but if it's encouraged, the majority go that way.

And at whose would you?

At people who have not harmed enough. People who engage in non-violent crimes, like stealing and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back