• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can KH: BBS and KH: 358/2 Days affect which console (Wii, PS3) gets KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Can KH: BBS and KH: 358/2 sales affect which console (Wii, PS3) gets KH3?

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinsei

I think it could influence them. They are a business first after all. If they see more money can be made on Nintendo's installed user base then I think it would be natural for them to put the project on the Wii.

By the way its highly unlikely that they've decided already which system the game will be on. If its even being developed now it would be very very early in and really easy to change platforms. It wouldn't take much to move a project from one system to another.

Another thing that could play a role is the price of development and as most of you should know it costs a heck of a lot more cash to develop a game for the PS3 than the Wii.

danidef

KH just won't work at Wii. There are just not enough buttons (if the controls keep the same way), and about the graphics.. it would be the same as just do it to PS2. PS3 is more for action-rpg-games lika KH, and it's much more powerful.

Dark Riku

My god, it's been forever since I've logged in.

Anyway, my opinion on this is really quite broad. I'd like it to be on the PS3, for two reasons.

1. PS3 uses blu-ray discs, which have a SIGNIFICANT advantage over HD-DVD's in terms of space, making for a much bigger, better game.

2. Graphics on the Wii just don't compare to the PS3. I'd hate to see them put it on the Wii and just.. spoil, what could've been a beautiful game.

And while the Wii does have a larger user base, you have to remember that the user base is very diverse, and not focused on the age-group that KH is going for. Good or bad, I dunno'.

A lot of you seem to be counting out the idea of a multi-platform release. If anything, I'd love it to be just on PS3, because that way they could really use it to it's full potential. But if it's on 360 and PS3, it will drastically change the game, in my opinion. Although, you also have to consider that the 360's user base is a decent amount larger than the PS3's too, so it could make a bigger profit. It's really difficult to guess what console they're going to choose, especially since it's SE.

[N]intendofan

1. Bigger doesn't always need to be Better, (you're right about the space though, but I don't think there will be a big difference between the lenght of KH2 and KH3)
2. Graphics on the Wii can be (much?) better than the ps2's so I don't really agree with you there, I think KH2 graphics were fine =O

Dark Riku

1.There might not be a big difference in the length, but the thing is, there CAN be. They have more freedom, so they don't have to cut out things like the Roxas vs. Sora battle in KH2, for other things. Just think; The Wii's DVD's hold the same size as PS2, and I don't want Nomura cutting anything out for anything else.

2. KH2 graphics were fine. Frankly, I don't think it matters much what system KH is on for graphics, since SE can make just about any game look beautiful. However, just compare any great-looking Wii game, with a good-looking PS3 game. They'll look about the same. A great-looking PS3 game, will look much better during gameplay. I'm not so concerned about cut scenes, really.

Luxord9944

Any chance of it coming out on PS2, i really hope it does, i have kept up so far with buying a gameboy advance purely for the release of COM but buying a PSP AND a DS is going a bit far, not by mentioning KH3 maybe coming on the PS3 that would be terrible...for me.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back